• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

3 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Oh cool, the Lunatic set of Arena quests has double the rewards (excluding coins) so it's two orbs. And only eight wins required, wasn't it sixteen wins for one orb last time?

Actually, it was. Nice catch! And thank whomever is in charge of these for the change.

10 hours ago, Quintessence said:

- Edward (Caladbolg (+3 str, -1 CD), Astra, Wrath)

- Leonardo (Lughnasadh (+3 spd), Windsweep/Watersweep)

- Nolan (Tarvos (+3 def, negates enemy buffs during combat), some stance skill buffing str/spd and def, Vantage)

You can give them +5 since Joshua's Audhulma gives +5 res and -1 CD

@silveraura25 Given how refinements are done I wouldn't be surprised to see the same thing done with future weapons with similar effects. I.E. an Attack version of Audhulma would likely give 3 attack instead of 5 since refinements give 2 less attack than defense/resistance.

And this is old news but I decided to have Sothe and Fjorm support each other and gave Sothe the blessing(I was getting tired of grinding sp for him anyways. Gaining 24 SP per kill is fun :D. Wait. . . what if I toss Dagger valor on top of that? Does that stack? *Checks* Yup. 48 SP per kill. How did I not know this before? Now I need to retool my team and figure out how to make Kitty Sakura a permanent member without hurting my score.

The RD banner has made me sad.

3.5% for 5* Jakob, 4.25% for 5* Rebecca. Naturally, I've said screw it, it's not like I ever got a Tellius character as a focus unit ever (barring that -Atk Ike).

TL:DR The RD banner sucked personally.

One of Oliver's level-up lines references "the gods". This seems really odd, since Tellius characters would typically say "the goddess".

Is it the same in the Japanese version? I'm not sure if the phrases have a clear distinction in Japanese.

1 hour ago, Othin said:

One of Oliver's level-up lines references "the gods". This seems really odd, since Tellius characters would typically say "the goddess".

Is it the same in the Japanese version? I'm not sure if the phrases have a clear distinction in Japanese.

I'm guessing that's a flub attributed to not paying close attention to Telliusian world details. Tellius even renamed Goddess Icons "Ashera Icons" due to her dominance of Telliusian religion. Since Awakening started with the use of "gods" (of which we know none save Naga), the translators may just be running with that again.

Although Ike does tell Ashera right before the final battle "Make peace with whatever the gods worship." and Yune seems to imply the very real possibility of other deities in the world when talking with Sanaki in the desert, so it is possible there are other ones acknowledged by Telliusians (but not so important) or existing in the Tellius world.

Even so, "the goddess" would be much more proper, particularly for a Senator whose claim to power lay in a supposed divine right to rule granted by Ashera.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

10 hours ago, silveraura25 said:

You can give them +5 since Joshua's Audhulma gives +5 res and -1 CD

The developers have come to the full realization that defensive boosts need to be greater than offensive boosts in order for people to actually care enough about them.

Joshua was also released right before the release of the weapon refinery, so they were almost certainly aware that a refined Slaying Edge+ would compete too well for Audhulma's slot if Audhulma weren't made to have a boost strong enough.

2 hours ago, Othin said:

@Interdimensional Observer

The Japanese text is

"こ、これは! 完璧な私を妬んだ神の試練! 負けぬ…負けませぬぞー!"

which translates more or less as

"This.. this is...! This must be a test from a god jealous of my perfection! I won't... I won't succumb to this!"

There is ambiguity about the number of gods due to the lack of a true plural in Japanese; it's either "a god who is jealous" or "gods who are jealous". From my understanding, Oliver is saying that some god or gods, likely other than Ashera because she is referred to specifically as 女神, "the Goddess", must be jealous of his perfection and are causing him this misfortune as an ordeal for him to overcome.

I wouldn't say the localized text is incorrect. It's just weird because the people of Tellius don't really ever mention any gods other than Ashera and Yune, so one normally wouldn't assume others exist.

Look like we got some special maps coming tonight. Fingers crossed they're like the last batch of developer maps, I'll want to get my HM grind on after this TT is over.

As for the chain challenge and squad assault quests in a few days, I hope they don't ask me to clear the normal difficulty 10 Map ones as I leave those for training units. And if they ask us to clear lunatic difficulty, well I've been saving those 80 or so orbs for an emergency scenario so I guess it'll be time to cash in.

2 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

Wow one year ago:

Reveal hidden contents

Screenshot_20170203-225445.png

The castle with tutorial units and the Askr trio as weak as a magikarp.

Screenshot_20170204-123329.png

And here my very first summon! And I still have all of them except Wrys.

I remember the first two months of the game I was patiently waiting for stamina to refill to ~20 so I could challenge the next lunatic chapter. Those were the days.

@Quintessence I remember my early game team. Wrys was such a good help honestly. Live to Serve is an amazing skill for healers back then. In fact, he was my first 4 star promotion because Rehabilitate just seemed to good to pass up.

Abel, Jeorge and Catria were really useful although I really lacked red units (Didn't get any so I was stuck in the Veronica map until I got Palla and Hana)

My second account gave me a 4 star Matthew, 4 star Gaius and 4 star Lissa, so early game all colourless team was a struggle because they had trouble dealing damage. I think it was ages until I got an archer as well.

2 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

@Quintessence I remember my early game team. Wrys was such a good help honestly. Live to Serve is an amazing skill for healers back then. In fact, he was my first 4 star promotion because Rehabilitate just seemed to good to pass up.

Abel, Jeorge and Catria were really useful although I really lacked red units (Didn't get any so I was stuck in the Veronica map until I got Palla and Hana)

My second account gave me a 4 star Matthew, 4 star Gaius and 4 star Lissa, so early game all colourless team was a struggle because they had trouble dealing damage. I think it was ages until I got an archer as well.

Wrys helped me clear Robin's GHB and that's something!

My story team was Alfonse, Sharena, Lyn and Robin. It was pretty good but I failed horribly against Bruno. That chapter was a nightmare, and Veronica's!

1 minute ago, Quintessence said:

Wrys helped me clear Robin's GHB and that's something!

My story team was Alfonse, Sharena, Lyn and Robin. It was pretty good but I failed horribly against Bruno. That chapter was a nightmare, and Veronica's!

Yeah I remember Bruno was super annoying as well.

Until my Jeorge learned Blazing Flame. Perfect for that horizontal chokepoint! 

Bruno's Vantage Tome was still a pain though.

And the only reason I won against Veronica was because Palla's Wings of Mercy activated. I think I had a Frederick at that point and his Wings of Mercy was fun to use as well.

34 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Yeah I remember Bruno was super annoying as well.

Until my Jeorge learned Blazing Flame. Perfect for that horizontal chokepoint! 

Bruno's Vantage Tome was still a pain though.

And the only reason I won against Veronica was because Palla's Wings of Mercy activated. I think I had a Frederick at that point and his Wings of Mercy was fun to use as well.

The WoM swd fighter tho!

Those days, where Takumi, Cordelia and Linde were my most feared enemies on the arena.

9 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

The WoM swd fighter tho!

Those days, where Takumi, Cordelia and Linde were my most feared enemies on the arena.

I kept forgetting about the Gravity healer. Moving just 1 space in that map is so annoying- you can't escape.

And of course that was my first experience of how good Quick Riposte Xander is.

And who could forget the surprise Ryoma duel map, back before changing map positions was a thing?

Edited by mcsilas

2 hours ago, Glennstavos said:

Look like we got some special maps coming tonight. Fingers crossed they're like the last batch of developer maps, I'll want to get my HM grind on after this TT is over.

Less than one week pause between TTs this time. Enough stuff to grind it seems. 

Oh god, struggling through the story chapters with Maria as my only 5-star, and my best unit being 4-star +Def -Res Lilina +1. I'm not normally sentimental about sacking units but I still have her: the only way I'd ever willingly get rid of her is to promote and merge her into my 5-star.

Everything has changed. Except my orb count.

Just now, mcsilas said:

Oooh nice! What team did you use?

First team was Airzura, Palla, Scorrin, and Scamilla. NYAzura as dancer, Palla supporting with goad and picking off Boey when needed, Scorrin and Scamilla as Blade nukes. They failed because of map 12-2. On turn 4/4, Sonya ran up instead of down so none of them could reach her.

Second team was Axura, Laslow, BLyn, and Lute. They took me up to 12-5, but Axura and Lute died on 12-4 due to a mislick BLyn who repositioned Laslow instead of attacking.

Third team was Catria, Summer Tiki, Ninian, and Julia. They beat the last map with Summer Tiki dealing the final blow to the remaining Mathilda.

Hopefully we never get turn limitation maps ever again :/

Does anyone else feel like that it's also possible that a Winter Olympics banner will be the next special banner? The Winter Olympics starts the same day as the special banner if I recall correctly. And I can honestly see it's VERY possible that there would be characters from older games. Mage Flier Florina please?

8 minutes ago, Larverto said:

Does anyone else feel like that it's also possible that a Winter Olympics banner will be the next special banner? The Winter Olympics starts the same day as the special banner if I recall correctly. And I can honestly see it's VERY possible that there would be characters from older games. Mage Flier Florina please?

I could really get behind this more than a Valentine's Day banner. It might be ridiculous, but I'd kill for someone in a character in a cute ice skating outfit. XD I don't have any experience with other gacha games, so IDK if that's ever been a thing. But I do know that Japan is SUPER excited about the 2020 Tokyo Olympics. That's still a way's off.

I've been looking at what kind of costumes characters get in other gacha games during Valentine's day and turns out it's either some cook clothing or a school uniform. If I were to guess I'd say the latter would get more money because having characters in a school uniform is a huge thing my waifu/husbando would go to the same school as me but the former could include some fun stuff like a character which is bad at cooking dressed as a chef with some inedible stuff in their hands (would they be a dagger unit that throws their pseudo chocolate at enemies?).

Funnily enough I can imagine a seasonal Sumia in both themes.