Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

8 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Why not Marth?

It's a case of Setsuna I think. Getting so many Marths in his barracks.

I'm really excited for the Echoes results. And Heroes as well- my guess is either Sharena or Anna as most popular.

Actually I'm curious to see who the most popular Anna is now. Will Heroes Anna take it? I love her Heroes design, but Awakening Anna is also good- she rocks that Trickster outfit.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

5 hours ago, Hilda said:

I really hope they remove the reset on pairs. I dont mind that you can pair up only 2, but it shouldnt reset everytime you switch the pair ¬.¬

I'm afraid that would trigger a completionist-like behavior in some where they must build up to S between every unit they plan on keeping and using.

5 hours ago, Hilda said:

I really hope they remove the reset on pairs. I dont mind that you can pair up only 2, but it shouldnt reset everytime you switch the pair ¬.¬

I hope this as well, it'd be pretty lame to build supports from scratch for pairs that were already S ranked.

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'm afraid that would trigger a completionist-like behavior in some where they must build up to S between every unit they plan on keeping and using.

While this is true, they don't have to care about it because that's up to the player. In fact, it would benefit them because their app will be runned for more time with this (silly, imo) grind.

So I finally pulled 90 divine dew by refining Sheena's and Hawkeye's (20k spent exclusively for this) killer axe and refined Niles's bow, for this:

Spoiler

Screenshot_20180122-221317.png

Now my Empress is fully trained and SI'd. Swordbreakers breaks a good chunk of the cast, Hone Atk boosts allies' atk plus her Drive Atk 2 effect on Cymbeline. Her perfect companion would be Spring Camilla with her TA Raven build and Guidance seal to exploit the 2 tile effect on her Atk/Res bond on Cymbeline. With bond and mirror strike alone she hits 63 atk, 40 res, and if you want to add Miccy's Drive and Sothe's rogue effect she hits 70 atk. Yikes, that's a lot. I love Sanaki, it's a pity she's -res ^^'

Oh and here's Niles:

Screenshot_20180122-221344.png

A pretty good unit all in all, I like his ploy games and the fact he runs CA.

Also, 2nd vote to Bruno!

1 minute ago, Poimagic said:

I’m about to promote my Eirika to 5 stars. I meant to do this for a while, but forgot. 

Maldonado, 2nd vote to Ephraim 

I'd also like to promote my Eirika, but I need to wait until Sieglinde gets refined and I get a better version of her, because +res -atk is kinda ehh.

11 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

I'd also like to promote my Eirika, but I need to wait until Sieglinde gets refined and I get a better version of her, because +res -atk is kinda ehh.

Ironically, my Eirika has the opposite Ivs of yours, being +atk/-res.

I've been watching the earliest videos of character appearances, specially Family and Sibling Bonds, and I've noticed that the track used during the character introductions is the same one used on the game's paralogue. Ephraim/Eirika's track played while they're shown is the same track that plays during their paralogues (namely the one with Seth, Amelia, Tana and Innes), same goes for Genealogy's track: the track played during Seliph's and Julia's introduction is the same track of Holy War paralogue.

However, Sanaki's is different. When she's introduced, Eternal Bond is played in the back, but RD's paralogue plays Dark Traveler, which leads me to believe they're going to include another RD soon, I'd say less than 2 or 3 months (would love if the following banner is from RD).

This leaves Thracia as the only FE game left to be properly included. What characters would they include? I haven't played Thracia but I guess Leif, Nanna and Finn/Evayle are top picks.

Edited by Quintessence

When they introduce a Thracia banner, I'm almost certain Leif and Nanna will be on it. That said, I'm not so sure about Finn coming alongside them. The recent three person banners have had two characters that were expected, and one completely random person. (Tailtiu? Zelgius?) Finn doesn't seem to be so much of a shoo-in anymore with this trend being a thing.

15 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

What I can be 100% sure about is that the Thracia tempest will have Marty as the reward.

Last time I checked he says next to nothing in the game, all the rest of the Violdrake bandits having more dialogue than him.

Still, that 0 Spd should let a lot of points go elsewhere. And Dagdar's Love would hopefully be very powerful skill.

Can't wait to see what they do with the Light Brand, maybe what they've done with the Breaths now? Nanna unfortunately is going to miss on the Runesword and instead be a Staffbot no doubt. But won't she be the first new non-Seasonal staffer since their refining buff?

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Last time I checked he says next to nothing in the game, all the rest of the Violdrake bandits having more dialogue than him.

<..> But won't she be the first new non-Seasonal staffer since their refining buff?

We’ve gone full meme recently. Arden, Dorcas, Oliver. The Man Whom Dagdar Loved will fit right in.

Yeah, the light brand targeting the lower of defences will be fine to me.

Not only will Nanna be the first staffer since refinery, she will be the first staffer since Bridal Lyn in June or the first non-seasonal staffer since Mist in April.

10 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

We’ve gone full meme recently. Arden, Dorcas, Oliver. The Man Whom Dagdar Loved will fit right in.

Only thing is, I don't think Marty is half as big a meme as the first two at least. He only placed at 378th (433 votes) in the first CYL, and I can't see him getting much, if any, of a bump this time around. If anything, he's going to overshadowed by the latest dumb meme of the week Brigand Boss and might place worse this time because of that.

That, and there's also Lot to deal with (88th, 3,218 votes in first CYL; that puts him above Arden for the record).

2 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Only thing is, I don't think Marty is half as big a meme as the first two at least. He only placed at 378th (433 votes) in the first CYL, and I can't see him getting much, if any, of a bump this time around.

That is mostly because Thracia itself is rather obscure. Among the Thracia cast, who is more memetic than him? The devs do know about the memes in the English-speaking community, so the Marty Party has chances to continue to not stop.

2 Hours until the trailer...

Spoiler

5b45b7192951d1cbcdc51ff4c93276d2bcd74255_hq.jpge64e21a1690eab45fa1f58b5593e4743--cartoon-characters-fire-emblem-awakening.jpgb1387ba6855a1bda13c3ce4824326c92.jpg

8a11e53d83f72a64a0e720a15e67ba7db67c4890_00.jpgDuessel.full.1109057.jpgfma-2.png

Myrrh.full.1106903.jpg

The banner is all but certain to be from this specific pool of characters. Fingers crossed for your favorite...

Edited by Zeo

9 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

That is mostly because Thracia itself is rather obscure. Among the Thracia cast, who is more memetic than him? The devs do know about the memes in the English-speaking community, so the Marty Party has chances to continue to not stop.

Who's more memetic than him, you ask? Well, you might have heard of this dude called Reinhardt...

Though yeah, I guess Marty is the next biggest meme after Sir "Magic is Everything" but that really isn't saying much. Unless if he performs much better in CYL Round 2, I just don't see him butting his way into FEH like Arden and Dorcas before him.

5 minutes ago, Zeo said:

2 Hours until the trailer...

The banner is all but certain to be from this specific pool of characters. Fingers crossed for your favorite...

…You just listed almost half of the playables.

3 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Who's more memetic than him, you ask? Well, you might have heard of this dude called Reinhardt...

Mr Magic Is Everything wasn’t a meme before Heroes. Heroes made him a meme. Marty has been a meme prior. Maybe Ralph is as memetic as Marty, I dunno.

12 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

…You just listed almost half of the playables.

Um... no.

There are 34 playable characters in FE8. I listed 9, and one doesn't count. 

EDIT: Before someone decides to crunch numbers on me, there are 7 SS characters (not counting Valter) in Heroes already so subtract them from the pool and we have 27. Still not half.

Edited by Zeo

11 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Mr Magic Is Everything wasn’t a meme before Heroes. Heroes made him a meme. Marty has been a meme prior. Maybe Ralph is as memetic as Marty, I dunno.

Of course FEH did wonders for Rein, and it's made him more of a meme than Marty ever was. Besides, the devs have already catered to us on the English side with just Dorcas so I think it's only far that they please their own next and prioritize Lot as the next meme addition.