Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

1 minute ago, Humanoid said:

Yeah, 6pm resets here on the Australian east coast, very handy for most things. The one thing we do lose out on, relatively speaking, are VG multipliers since Americans will be awake for a much larger part of the tail end of it. (VG rounds end at 7pm there, 2pm here)

I tend to catch the opening multipliers which is nice! I'm usually at work for a lot of the big ones unless we just so happen to have the VG over the weekend. But it's no big deal. XD 

I wonder if the CYL voting is in lieu of the VG for this month. I could get behind that.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

4 minutes ago, SilvertheShadow said:

@Vaximillian Yeah. When you think about it, doesn’t it seem odd that the dataminers were able to find Micaiah and co, and then a couple hours IS has the trailer drop out of nowhere instead of when the resets? 

I don't know about that. It seemed like IS rushed the update out of nowhere, after all the dataminers can't do anything if there's nothing to mine. There must have been another reason to release the RD in such a weird manner (and backlash doesn't count this time considering they did Ok regarding New Years celebration) and the timeframe of the banner is also quite short compared to every other banner we've had.

16 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Yeah, 6pm resets here on the Australian east coast, very handy for most things. The one thing we do lose out on, relatively speaking, are VG multipliers since Americans will be awake for a much larger part of the tail end of it. (VG rounds end at 7pm there, 2pm here)

At least we get to see the initial sizes for the VG teams. Getting final multipliers is also decent for our time zone because VG ends at 3pm- if I don't have work I can monitor the end multipliers.

10 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

I don't know about that. It seemed like IS rushed the update out of nowhere, after all the dataminers can't do anything if there's nothing to mine. There must have been another reason to release the RD in such a weird manner (and backlash doesn't count this time considering they did Ok regarding New Years celebration) and the timeframe of the banner is also quite short compared to every other banner we've had.

Yeah, that’s true. I didn’t put too much stock in my idea, I just remembered when rather than the end of the day we got a trailer several hours earlier which was rather weird, and I thought we had to wait two days or so before it actually came out. And now we’re more or less going to get one at the last minute.

It’s still kinda dumb to have a trailer for a banner than comes 24 hours later, but I guess that would be better than nothing.

26 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

The timeframe is a little bit short - one day short to be exact. Farfetched Heroes looks to have run a little long (19 days) but all the other non-seasonal new character banners going back to September are 14 days, RD is 13 days. Don't think that much can be read into the duration.

That said, it did seem to come earlier in the month than expected, there's definitely some funky stuff there. There's a little over one week gap between the NY banner ending and the new one (Valentines probably) starting.

Edited by Humanoid

@mampfoid Funnily enough I'm sitting on 70k feathers now and I'm partially saving in case I need to promote my only Erika for the SS TT (if Lute isn't a bonus unit and I don't pull from the new banner) and I'm also out of Matthews to merge.

Since we're on some down time I'm going to share a nerdy fun fact about myself. These days and times I play other music when playing FEH (unless the stages are new so I can hear the old themes) and for one reason or another this has more or less become the theme of my Matthew team. I turn animations on and play this whenever I'm doing an Arena battle or some other "serious" content with them: 

Spoiler

It just... feels epic. Geeky as that probably sounds.

Edited by Zeo

6 minutes ago, Zeo said:

@mampfoid Funnily enough I'm sitting on 70k feathers now and I'm partially saving in case I need to promote my only Erika for the SS TT (if Lute isn't a bonus unit and I don't pull from the new banner) and I'm also out of Matthews to merge.

There are still enough units in my promotion-queue (Tiki, Leon, Narcian, Oliver, Tharja, Oscar, Roderick etc.), but none of them is of high priority and it's good to be able to await what will be coming in the next weeks. Usually I tend to blow away all feathers as soon as I reach 20k. 

6 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Since we're on some down time I'm going to share a nerdy fun fact about myself. These days and times I play other music when playing FEH (unless the stages are new so I can hear the old themes) and for one reason or another this has more or less become the theme of my Matthew team. I turn animations on and play this whenever I'm doing an Arena battle or some other "serious" content with them: 

Haha, sounds cool. I play muted most of the time, except when I'm in my own living room. Animations are switched off, except when I get new units or when I come back to play units that where benched for a long time. 

10 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Hide contents

It just... feels epic. Geeky as that probably sounds.

I should really continue watching that show, cheesiness aside haha

any rock music is good for battles though :D

Now you have me on a KoF music listening spree

Speaking of music, I do wish we have an option to turn off Enemy Phase music. Or a radio of all the music used so far, including the TT boss themes for example. I've suggested feedback for that but hope that gets traction at least, especially after the last mini-TT ("You are the ocean's gra- "... *enemy theme* "You are the ocea-..")

35 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Haha, sounds cool. I play muted most of the time, except when I'm in my own living room. Animations are switched off, except when I get new units or when I come back to play units that where benched for a long time. 

That's how I generally played on my phone. But these days I can only play on my comp which gives me more flexibility with music and stuff like that.

35 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

I should really continue watching that show, cheesiness aside haha

any rock music is good for battles though :D

Now you have me on a KoF music listening spree

Speaking of music, I do wish we have an option to turn off Enemy Phase music. Or a radio of all the music used so far, including the TT boss themes for example. I've suggested feedback for that but hope that gets traction at least, especially after the last mini-TT ("You are the ocean's gra- "... *enemy theme* "You are the ocea-..")

The cheesiness of that show is unparalleled, and I've been a fan of the series since I was 8. Was listening to the tunes outside of the games for years. Only just stopped doing that going into adulthood haha.

I would probably listen to the standard music of the game so much more without that annoying Enemy Phase music. The music in Fire Emblem is so great, but the aspect of enemy phase music in a game where the player phase only lasts 5 to 30 seconds just wasn't well thought out.

12 minutes ago, Zeo said:

I would probably listen to the standard music of the game so much more without that annoying Enemy Phase music. The music in Fire Emblem is so great, but the aspect of enemy phase music in a game where the player phase only lasts 5 to 30 seconds just wasn't well thought out.

That's why I really liked how they did the music in Fates, where they played the battle theme all throughout the battle, and when you transition into battle, a more intense version plays during the battle animation (depending on the game the intense version is called Fire, Storm, Flow or Roar mix. In Awakening it's Ablaze mix)

I also love the Heroes original music as well, there's just something about it that I really like when the game first came out. It's pretty uplifting actually.

@Kof music- I still listen to it from time to time. Video game music is good to listen to while working or if you need to concentrate on something.

@mampfoid True, I really like some of the remixes they did for the Fates music. I think I like the No Justice remix the most. 

Edited by mcsilas

2 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

That's why I really liked how they did the music in Fates, where they played the battle theme all throughout the battle, and when you transition into battle, a more intense version plays during the battle animation (depending on the game the intense version is called Fire, Storm or Roar mix. In Awakening it's Ablaze mix)

I also love the Heroes original music as well, there's just something about it that I really like when the game first came out. It's pretty uplifting actually.

@Kof music- I still listen to it from time to time. Video game music is good to listen to while working or if you need to concentrate on something.

@mampfoid True, I really like some of the remixes they did for the Fates music. I think I like the No Justice remix the most. 

Didn't get to experience the Fates/Awakening music, but PoR/Radiant Dawn had a pretty fantastic soundtrack that was pretty easy to get immersed in. Even the GBA games had some tunes that would stick with you that you'd find yourself humming afterwards.

Video game music used to help me focus, now it's more distracting during real tasks. I go for more serene themes I'm finding, or just chill vacation esque music. Whatever gets you through I guess. I still enjoy the stuff, but I find myself stopping what I'm doing to listen now more than just working with the music in the background.

1 minute ago, Zeo said:

Didn't get to experience the Fates/Awakening music, but PoR/Radiant Dawn had a pretty fantastic soundtrack that was pretty easy to get immersed in. Even the GBA games had some tunes that would stick with you that you'd find yourself humming afterwards.

Video game music used to help me focus, now it's more distracting during real tasks. I go for more serene themes I'm finding, or just chill vacation esque music. Whatever gets you through I guess. I still enjoy the stuff, but I find myself stopping what I'm doing to listen now more than just working with the music in the background.

Well it works out because the music I listen to mostly is serene video game music :P

Although lately because of bad sleeping patterns the serenity and calmness of the music is working too well in being soothing and I start falling asleep because of tiredness..

So I need to inject some more rock in my playlist again

But yeah Fire Emblem overall has pretty great music. Some good for more specific situations more than others. For example I'm exploring RD music now and digging the themes but some of them do blend in with other tracks for me. I do like the Dawn Brigade Battle Theme a lot though, and Eternal Bond/Greil Mercenary Battle Theme, too but I think I overplayed it too much in while doing the Awakening DLC that it becomes stressful for me haha (where you were against enemy units had fully built kits)

5 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Well it works out because the music I listen to mostly is serene video game music :P

Although lately because of bad sleeping patterns the serenity and calmness of the music is working too well in being soothing and I start falling asleep because of tiredness..

So I need to inject some more rock in my playlist again

But yeah Fire Emblem overall has pretty great music. Some good for more specific situations more than others. For example I'm exploring RD music now and digging the themes but some of them do blend in with other tracks for me. I do like the Dawn Brigade Battle Theme a lot though, and Eternal Bond/Greil Mercenary Battle Theme, too but I think I overplayed it too much in while doing the Awakening DLC that it becomes stressful for me haha (where you were against enemy units had fully built kits)

Eternal Bond, The Devoted, A Grasping Truth, Origin's End, Distant Traveler, Echoes of Daybreak. There are quite a good few blending themes.

For me the best blending theme is The Task at Hand. You'll find yourself listening to that for quite a while. I may use it to fall asleep to actually haha.

@Zeo Yeah going to be listening to RD ost a bit more at work. Some of the tracks are pretty chill.

Speaking of what's your favourite Boss theme music?

Vs Arvis theme is really high up there, it's just sounds so good and iconic. Imagine what it would sound like with upgraded instruments.

It's possible that they'll do the same thing as the last banner and release the trailer and download this evening. I don't think it's too likely, though.

Edited by Othin

@mcsilas I would say my favorite boss theme is the near end game boss theme for SS. I don’t remember the name of it, but I remember it does play when you fight Lyon in SS

Edit: Just figured out the theme name. It’s called “Powerful foe”

Edited by Poimagic

Darn, was hoping the banner would drop today. It feels a tad pointless to have only one day between the trailer and the banner dropping, but oh well.

Really, really hoping for Cormag on the banner. If it is Ross or if it somehow happens to be three females like people are predicting, then I will be saving orbs. Currently, I'm expecting L'Aracheal to be on the banner... Maybe Myrrh... and either Ross or (really hopefully) Cormag.

I'd go for Colm if he was on it, too. I really like that guy :) Or Saleh, if he gets on by a tiny chance, but I don't really expect him.

9 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Not only will Nanna be the first staffer since refinery, she will be the first staffer since Bridal Lyn in June or the first non-seasonal staffer since Mist in April.

I guess that is evidence to how bad staffers were before refinement. The developers knew any character destined to be one would be relegated to the undesirable bin, not good for that char's popularity nor for anyone's orb supply. And how could you churn up Banner craze for a staffer the pre-refinement days?

8 hours ago, DefaultBeep said:

I don't think there's any real reason to expect one thing or another for the reward at this point; it could be Tobin, it could be Masked Marth again, it could be Ismaire,

I kinda like Ismaire, mostly on her looks. Since the very little screentime she gets is her either dying or being threatened with death, so we don't really know what she is like. And she's okay in Creature Campaign too (I wish her SM stats there were canon).

Spoiler

Ismaire.jpg

She looks so beautiful, yet with some defiant strength like a goddess. 

Spoiler

ashera_en.png

A little too much like a goddess, by pure coincidence no doubt.

8 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Give me Vanessa any day, every day. And Syrene too. Big sisters get it done.

I sort of like Syrene, I just wish she had better bases in SS. She comes at the same level Seth did, and with comparable stats, except wayyyyyyy later. She grows well, and the C Swords is good to start, but she is otherwise underpowered.

By the way, I find it odd she is the last character to join pre-CC in SS. Where is our Gotoh? Even Gaiden gives us dicey Mycey! Mansel, Morva, Hayden- I'd like an actual Gotoh please! Not every game has one, but I like having an endgame recruit. 

8 hours ago, Zeo said:

Pure irony. Colm (and typically Neimi) turned out amazing literally every playthrough of mine except one where he just didn't seem to want to gain Speed. Moulder on the other hand was terrible every single playthrough and was benched for Natasha every. time.

Also train Ross, you'll thank me later. And make him a Berserker. Anything else is heresy.

I for some reason always train Colm, even though I don't really find him special at all. I think it is mostly so he can do the few steals I want with him without so much fear of dying. Helps being a Thief makes him level faster.

As for Ross, well Warrior is more thematically befitting him and his dad whom he emulates. But Berserker is his best statistically. We don't talk about Journeyman 3, since it is just a poor man's Berserker. In the English version that is, in the Japanese, J3 has a 30 Str cap instead of 26, and 30 Def cap instead of 23, at the cost of 1 Skl and 2 Spd, so Japanese J3 is on paper (not in practice at all without grinding and stat boosters/RNG blessings) a much tankier and slightly slower Berserker without waterwalking. 

The English version also severely nerfed Recruit 3 (-5 to Str and Def caps), and some more minor cap nerfing to Pupil. Recruit 3 is still unique as an armorless lancer class, complete with a 15 crit bonus in SS. Pupil 3... well Sage with the glitch for Dark Magic is almost completely better, not that Dark Magic is worth using at all in SS, so even without that Sage is better. None of the trainee 3 classes get any Con boosts on promotion either. Meaning Ross is stuck unable to use anything heavier than his Hatchet (which is every Axe) without at least 2 AS loss, Amelia loses at least 2 from everything not a Slim Lance, and Ewan, well he actually has more 2 Con than Lute, and 5 unpromoted is serviceable for a Mage. A Berserker Ross gets 5 over a Journeyman, so Iron, Silver, Killer, and Hand Axes are all AS loss free for him. A General Amelia ends up with a usable 12 Con, and Cav/Paladin Amelia (my preference), 9, enough for Iron and Killer Lances at at least, and -1/2 AS from Silver/Javelins is bearable.

It also gave Ross 5% more Speed, Amelia 5% less Str and 10% less HP, and Ewan lost 10% Mag.

5 hours ago, Poimagic said:

@mcsilas I would say my favorite boss theme is the near end game boss theme for SS. I don’t remember the name of it, but I remember it does play when you fight Lyon in SS

Edit: Just figured out the theme name. It’s called “Powerful foe”

That doesn't play when you fight Lyon - that'd be "The Prince's Despair". Powerful Foe is for the Grado Generals, Vigarde, Tirado, Carlyle, Orson, Morva, and... a random Gorgon? Huh.

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I guess that is evidence to how bad staffers were before refinement. The developers knew any character destined to be one would be relegated to the undesirable bin, not good for that char's popularity nor for anyone's orb supply. And how could you churn up Banner craze for a staffer the pre-refinement days?

I kinda like Ismaire, mostly on her looks. Since the very little screentime she gets is her either dying or being threatened with death, so we don't really know what she is like. And she's okay in Creature Campaign too (I wish her SM stats there were canon).

Reveal hidden contents

Ismaire.jpg

She looks so beautiful, yet with some defiant strength like a goddess. 

Reveal hidden contents

ashera_en.png

A little too much like a goddess, by pure coincidence no doubt.

I'm certain that that's why we haven't had more staff units. I mean, I don't think anyone really considers Lachesis or Mist to be any good as units, or even as early healers. Bride Lyn is mostly seen as good because of her B skill, while her stats are basically just Maria's with a slight Atk lead and more balanced defensive stats. But now that healers can actually be somewhat impressive again, and we even have personal staves (enemy only so far, but it proves that they can exist), I wouldn't be shocked if more impressive healers get added in soon.

Someday, I want to actually use those exclusive Trial Map/Creature Campaign units. I never was able to do much with it on my first SS file before losing it, but I always wish I had bothered with it. I lucked out and got a working used copy of FE6 online that has some clears already though, with up to Hector unlocked, so maybe I'll push through FE6 more myself for at least Brunnya.