Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

21 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

YAAAAAAAS Falchion is refineable! @LuxSpes

I'm hyped, but I just spent all my saved up refinery materials on upgrading Cymbeline. I'm at 92 refining stones and 20 divine dews, so I'll have to gather quite a few before I can upgrade her Falchion. Really curious as to what it will be, since she shares the refinement with Chrom. I could see them giving Alm's the same effect as Eprhaim's since it would allow Alm to abuse Windseep, but I'm not sure what they could give to the Awakening Falchion that would be good for both Chrom and Lucina since they fill completely different niche. I guess Breathbreaker is possible or maybe built-in Death or Sturdy Blow?(Lucina would prefer Swift Sparrow but that wouldn't help Chrom and his 25 base spd) No idea for Marth. They've been pretty original for most of the refinement, so maybe all three will receive something completely out of left field. 

I hope it will be good since it would be just the right buff she needs to compare to my +10 Nino and +10 Nowi who started to overshadow her on my arena team. Would also be nice to pull 4 more copies of her so that she can reach +10 herself.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

1. I've really liked the weapon refinery addition and the free first summon. I always look forward to what the updates will bring and I feel like that's a good sign.
  2. Definitely Celica thanks to a combination of aesthetics and the fact that she's a really nice red mage. She's been a staple of my main team since I got her, even if I would like a better natured one
  3. Finally getting through Lunatic Chain Challenge 11 and 12. I'd had all the others done for at least a month before I finally managed to get through that one.
  4. Any based on a map that I've played before (so anything from Fates, Awakening, SoV, and Shadow Dragon), because it's so interesting to see how they interpret the maps.
  5. I enjoy the tempest trials, and I think the one with Julia as the boss was my favorite (it helped that Arvis was available for free and basically laughed at her)
  6. I like the GHBs and BHBs in general, but the Ninian and Hawkeye BHB holds a special place in my heart as the first infernal mode I beat (and without looking at other people's strategies to boot).
  7. Definitely the performance banner. All of the units were fantastic and it was the source of my luckiest pull ever: and Axura, PA!Olivia, and a Delthea all in one pull (and that was in a random 4-pull session, with the fourth being a Stahl, a character I somehow hadn't pulled yet).

1. What was (or has been) the game's best moment (can be an update transition, a period of the game)?

Probably the stamina cap increase. It meant that I could decide when to play the game, rather than the game deciding when I could play.

2. Who's your favorite unit (based on gameplay, skills, stats, VA, design, whatever has the most weight to you)?

I'm pretty vanilla in terms of playstyle, so my MVP so far in terms of effectiveness has definitely been full Horse Emblem Blade Cecilia. Close behind are her two retainers, Camus and Bow Lyn. I quite like her design too, despite having never played Binding Blade. The Fire Emblem series as a whole needs more mature ladies like Cecilia and Titania.

3. What has been your biggest achievement in the game (it can be content completion or unit building)?

I'm not someone who tends to play video games for the challenge, so I don't tend to measure my progress in terms of achievements. Indeed I kind of dislike the concept of cheevos as they tend to promote unfun behaviour for the sake of ticking off checkboxes. So with that in mind, I'm just pleased I haven't fallen into the trap of uncontrolled spending within the game - I've probably spent about $100USD (after conversion) during the game's lifetime and I don't see that meaningfully increasing.

4. Your favorite story chapter?

FEH's story can probably best be described as 'perfunctory'. May as well jump the shark entirely and nominate some of the more ludicrous seasonal paralogues that have no reasonable justification whatsoever.

5. Your favorite Event (CYL, TT, VG)?

These are largely just a means to an end, rather than being enjoyable activities in their own right. Mini-TTs are the most materially rewarding so I suppose it'd have to be them.

6. Your favorite Special Map (GHB, BHB, daily unit, special maps)?

Extreme recency bias but that nice pool in the Lyon GHB map made for some nice tactical manoeuvring rather than the usual brute-force approach that most maps encourage.

7. Your favorite banner?

I picked up all three of Elincia, Oscar and Nephenee in the same round during their banner so I probably have to say that. All useful units too.

1. What was (or has been) the game's best moment (can be an update transition, a period of the game)?
Probably the period around the release of the second Echoes banner. I was having fun with the game in general and I was using my favorite arena trio to date in Sanaki, Julia and Linde. Shame that I can't use them for arena anymore since they're all 5* exclusives meaning merging them up for arena would cost me my soul.

2. Who's your favorite unit (based on gameplay, skills, stats, VA, design, whatever has the most weight to you)?
Lucina. She was one of my first 5* and is the 5* exclusive unit I've gotten the most copies of and is thus sitting at a respectable +6 merge. She's also been a mainstay on my arena team since September. My Rauðraven Sanaki is a close second.

3. What has been your biggest achievement in the game (it can be content completion or unit building)?
Probably when I finally merged my Nino up to +10. It was my first 5*+10 unit and it also marked the first time I scored more than 5k points in the arena and the first time I managed to stay in Tier 20.

I'm really "meh" about FEH's story overall, so I'll probably go with the latest chapter since it's fresh in my mind and it seemed to offer more characterization for Alfonse. 

I'll go with the Mini TTs since they're short, meaning they don't consume all my time with the game for 2 weeks but they still give good rewards.

Legion Infernal because of how challenging it was. I remember having to really think and inherit some specific skills to beat that map.

7. Your favorite banner?
The female mage banner we got back in May for a VG since it featured Linde, Sanaki and Julia. By the end of it, I think I managed to snag 2 Lindes, 2 Julias and 1 Sanaki as well as a Tharja but I was more frustrated at her denying me from a potential Sanaki than happy about getting a 5*.

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I decided to look for you at the Marcus FE6 supports. To run it off quickly:

Reveal hidden contents

Alen- bad.

Lance- better, but still bad.

Wolt- better, and quite possibly not bad, but not good. Also inaccurate because FE7 Eliwood did have vassals his age- well Lowen at least.

Lilina- better, I'll say good, but not amazing. I think the B is better than the A.

Roy- Roy is always right/10. :Roy:

What do all but Lilina have in common? "I'm an old man who will retire soon."

If that was possible, you'd think thar would be brought up in conversations about holy blood. But this is the first time I've heard of it, so I'm guessing you heard wrong. If it was true, it'd throw a giant wrench in the understanding of how Holy Blood and Holy Weapons are supposed to work. In which case, I'd ask myself why is Seliph hogging the Tyrfing, tell the little Knight Lord keep the bench warm and pass it over to his cousin Leif the indomitable Master Knight. 

I probably did hear wrong. But him appearing in Heroes with Helswath wouldn't be too farfetched. The 12 crusader weapons lost their power as time went by. Since Heroes doesn't care about the laws of time and space he could have just found it lying around in Heroes since Naglfar sort of had the same treatment, didn't it? Another possibility is that he stole it from his father to piss him off and when he appears in Heroes with it, it seems like he can use it for some reason. Holding a crusader's weapon isn't farfetched for people unable to use them since Arvis gave that priest Tyrfing during chapter 10 to give to Seliph. There's also that twin sister (forgot her name), who was holding onto Yewfelle until she found her long lost sister who could wield it.

Edited by silveraura25

2 hours ago, LuxSpes said:

I'm hyped, but I just spent all my saved up refinery materials on upgrading Cymbeline. I'm at 92 refining stones and 20 divine dews, so I'll have to gather quite a few before I can upgrade her Falchion. Really curious as to what it will be, since she shares the refinement with Chrom. I could see them giving Alm's the same effect as Eprhaim's since it would allow Alm to abuse Windseep, but I'm not sure what they could give to the Awakening Falchion that would be good for both Chrom and Lucina since they fill completely different niche. I guess Breathbreaker is possible or maybe built-in Death or Sturdy Blow?(Lucina would prefer Swift Sparrow but that wouldn't help Chrom and his 25 base spd) No idea for Marth. They've been pretty original for most of the refinement, so maybe all three will receive something completely out of left field. 

I hope it will be good since it would be just the right buff she needs to compare to my +10 Nino and +10 Nowi who started to overshadow her on my arena team. Would also be nice to pull 4 more copies of her so that she can reach +10 herself.

I was planning on upgrading Parthia, and I'm at 240 Dew, so I'm ready for Lucina. I hope none of the Falchion upgrades are anti-dragon specifically. That'd be too specialized.

Yeah, my +2 Lucina has gotten replaced from my core...

2.0 update with weapon refinery.

Nephenee. She's got the best IVs possible for her and is surprisingly good at being both a damage dealer and tank.

Completing any Squad Assault.

The most recent story chapter

Mini TT

Eirika and Ephraim BHB was a nice experience of trying to complete infernal by myself. Lyon GHB was also a good experience in not using a guide

7. Your favorite banner?
Crimean banner. Got perfect IV Nephenee on my free summon and Elincia 60 orbs in.

I really liked the weapon refinery and skill inheritance updates, though I'm a little biased because my favourite units benefited a lot from them.

Ephraim, without question. Pulled him on the third blue orb back on his very first banner and he's put in a lot of work since then. I've had to revamp his kit quite a few times but that's because he keeps getting better as time goes on.

Finishing Valter Infernal without an archer or any brave weapon users. I was limited on good 5*s back then, but I still pulled through after many stamina potions.

The most recent one, there really isn't much competition here.

TT minis are quite enjoyable. My enjoyment of VG fluctuates too much depending on the lineup for me to consider it, but my favourites were the first one, the dragon gauntlet and the hair gauntlet.

New GHBs are always something to look forward to. Reruns of old ones are also appreciated if they are good fodder units. 

7. Your favorite banner?

It's the current sacred stones one. All 3 focus units and a brave Ike in just 79 orbs? Free roll was a 5*? Definitely my best banner so far. 

5 hours ago, Quintessence said:

7. Your favorite banner?

1. The 2.0 update, when the story really started to pick up, and get out of the "here's some heroes, now they're free, okay we're done" phase.

2. Probably Lute, but Genny's actually the one with my Summoner Support at the moment.

3. I beat the first Squad Assault this week. That was pretty hype for me considering my usual performance.

4. Probably the most recent one. Loving Alfonse's character development and the banter between the villains.

5. Don't think I really have one, unless the release of a new story chapter counts as an event. That's what really gets me excited (I may care a little too much about the story in a mobile game). Tempest Trials are a slog, Voting Gauntlets are a salt-fest, and CYL is just a plain ol' ballot.

6. The Warriors maps were pretty cool. I never used them for grinding like everyone else seemed to, but it was a rather different experience, actually feeling like a Warriors map, and I rather enjoyed it.

7. If we're just talking in terms of characters, it'd be The Sacred World. First proper Sacred Stones banner, and had three characters I wanted to get. Although if we're talking a combination of the characters with how well we actually did with the banner, then I dunno.

@Quintessence

Hard to tell for me. There have been many moments when updates and new content arrived in quantity and quality. While the introduction of SI happened in the beginning of my FEH time, the stamina cap release was a big improvement. In general I was happy with the release of game modes where I could more than just four units, because I tried to train them all already before. 

BH!Roy. Mostly based on gameplay, since I became a fan of Galeforce shenanigans with his release. Cordelia is a close second, it's too bad her Art is not as good as that of other units. 

There are some, but man it felt great to win the QP seal in the TTs with very few good 5* units. Lunatic/7 Veronica felt like a real final boss. 

The latest story chapter feels like there is something happening, not like many of the flat sequences before. 

Mini-TTs are great, I hope they'll keep doing them. While I like also regular TTs, those are definitely too long. 

Valters infernal map was great. While not as hard as Legions, it gave me some thing to ponder about. 

Special mention goes to Donnels Hero Battle, as it was hilarious to try it with 2* units in the beginning of the game and his ensemble did this drag-back circle in the woods. 

7. Your favorite banner?
I liked the CYL banner since it's the only one to give me all focus units and Roy twice. I didn't pull on the Wyvern banner, but 4 green units was unique. 

Free summons, the choose your CYL hero for free and double SP weekend.

Hard to choose just one, so a few. I like Shiro and Gray's artwork, voice and design in heroes. For Heroes exclusive stuff, I like Halloween Henry and Performing Arts Azura- they hit the nail with the head on these designs for me. Gameplay and design-wise, Hector and Ike (especially CYL Ike) are all great, and although I don't hae her, I love Brave Lucina's design and artwork.

Beating Ursula Infernal before I even knew about youtube guides with free units like mkv. And this was before skill inheritance as well and gave me so much appreciation for Frederick.

Last one, but also the second chapter of book 2 because they had the Fates kids. Otherwise, maybe the one with the Echoes characters (Alm's/Celica's army) because they play "What Lies in the End", although I hate turn count maps.

CYL is great. Nice to see people voting for their fave characters, because the fanbase can be pretty salty (especially during VG), so just choosing who you want (at least before you found the mid results) is pretty nice to see

Warriors maps, hands down. Otherwise any maps with orbs.

7. Your favorite banner?

Performing Arts banner spoke to me in so many levels. The use of Dark Song in the trailer? Check. Nohrian Azura? Check. Dark-costumed, confident Olivia who uses fans as a weapon? Check. Dancing Inigo finally living his dreams? Check. (although I do wish I summoned him). Shigure is okay as well, so any focus you summoned would be instantly useful because dancers are always useful. Also I got Axura in my second session in my main (then ended up getting another one later although I was looking for Inigo). Second account gave me Olivia with perfect nature and a +Atk/-Def Shigure who has been really useful because of B Tome Valour and being blue. While I didn't get everyone I wanted, that was the highlight banner for me.

Otherwise, if it counts, the free CYL banner! Also the Children of Fate banner because I like the Fates kids.

1. Generally speaking whenever there's a double XP & SP Bonus. Otherwise the feedback InSyst been giving has been absolutely phenomenal. Granted some things like surveying the map should've been there to begin with but I like the added feature like the seals.

2. My bias for Lucy & Azura aside, Julia has made the best 1st impression out of all the characters I didn't know about. She's been a very helpful unit even she's not as good as Nino. I personally think Lee Morris does a great job as Julia, but I don't know much about her other than.......what makes Fire Emblem infamous.

3. Whenever I beat GHB & finally finishing all 6 Squad Assaults. But my proudest work is making M! Robin viable. Despite being a low tier character I feel like all my effort on M! Robin were greatly rewarded. Even if the synergy isn't good as her other options, I'm very glad I made Lucina & M! Robin support each other.

4. The most recent chapter. With a single scene, Veronica became bar none the most interesting FeH character. I say that would explain her ranking on the CYL 2 poll, but I be lying.

5.  The CYL tends to be engaging but I feel like with Ike's, Lucina, & Lyn's exclusion, I can't get a good grasp on the poll. I like the Temple Trials in general but there are times where it just feels way more taxing it should.

6. The Warriors Maps. I love grinding for those SP points. God I hope they come back. My favorite GHB is Arvis. Nothing like making the villain with biggest moral event horizon finally getting his due.

7. The CYL & Performing Arts banner. It's finally nice to see Inigo & Shigure as dancers. I'm saving up my orbs the next time Inigo appears. I love having a free unit but I couldn't decide between Lyn & Lucina. Ultimately I went with Lyn because I didn't want to go through colorless hell.

7 hours ago, eclipse said:

I am way too proud of my Brave Lukas.  I built him as a player-phase unit, and he's hilarious.

What is the rest of his build? I'm curious because I +10ed Lukas with the "every-hit-is-a-bonfire" build. He is an absolute joy to use and probably my favorite unit right now.

7 hours ago, Quintessence said:

-snip

Free Summons was a high point, the anniversary and probably the introduction of the Tempest Trials. Refinery is up there too as it made units I like viable.

Matthew. Lyn is my favorite character and I have some close to heart units that I love and love(d) using like Lukas, Bridelia, Hector, Ike, etc, but no unit has singlehandedly given me as much enjoyment as I've gotten using my Matthew. Nino was amazing too though, was such a rush of power as she was my first "meta" unit.

My first perfect Lunatic 7 run and getting to 100k points in the very first Tempest Trial. It was different and it was hard, dancers were around, there were no stat boosts, Veronica was a menacing boss and I didn't have a fraction of the units I have now. No bonus point runs, no HAX bonus unit buffs. Running 2 *5's and 2 *4's (one of them being a healer) and barely scraping by every time, usually not making it. Getting to the last stage with my first team at all was achievement. 

Legion set the new standard of difficulty offering enemy reinforcements and a surprisingly tough map that shook a lot of veterans when infernal first became a thing. Beating that felt amazing, finally clearing Lunatic CC 11/12 almost felt Cathartic and I think it's still the single hardest challenge in the entire game available right now. Still nothing gives me the same feeling of achievement as when I got to 100k points in the first Tempest Trial and when I got my very first perfect run of Lunatic-7 with my meta-less OG team of Lukas/Soren/Olivia/Wrys.

Outside of that, pulling Lyn after almost a year.

Book II, Chapter IV. None of the story is particularly memorable (except for that one where Veronica snatches you herself early on. took me by surprise) but the development in the recent chapter and a deeper look at Alfonse really engaged me and made me respect him a bit more. I'm also interested in what's going to happen with Levitaein.

Tempest Trials. It's easily the best mode of the game even if it's a grindfest. It's the perfect place to farm and grind SP/HM on units, it's a Feather dispenser and the rewards are great.

Berkut stands out as an incredibly fun map. Otherwise probably the Warriors maps on principal alone of being the best farming source of SP.

7. Your favorite banner?

Weapons to Refine.

It had my favorite FE character, one of my top favorite FE8 characters and one of the only units I know I like from the recent games. On top of that it was the banner where I finally pulled my favorite unit in the series.

5 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I was planning on upgrading Parthia, and I'm at 240 Dew, so I'm ready for Lucina. I hope none of the Falchion upgrades are anti-dragon specifically. That'd be too specialized.

Yeah, my +2 Lucina has gotten replaced from my core...

The other part about Breathbreaker that would be iffy is that it would allow red units to have a breaker against blue units, which is currently not possible. I guess we'll know in 1 week and half. 

It's a shame that 5* exclusive units are pretty much useless in arena if you care about staying in Tier 20 unless your a whale or really lucky because of how hard it is to merge up those units. Which is why if we ever get a "Pick any unit in the game to summon it" event, I'm probably picking Lucina and not another 5* I have no copy of or at low merge levels.

2 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

A fair and balanced unit.

This is why I'm keeping Lucina on my arena team.

Another entry for @Quintessence’s questionnaire!

My rose-tinted glasses and overall optimism and idealism might be deceiving me, but I feel the game keeps getting better with every update. New features, quality of life improvements, new characters (however sparse they may be)—everything works to make this game better and better at every step. But overall, the update that brought skill inheritance was the most massive and important. It brought us Horse Emblem and The Reinhardt, after all.

Sharena, hands down. Her personality is what I strive to be: reliable, cheerful, optimistic, easy-going, trusting. Her character flaws are credible and make her feel human and not another generic anime chick. And her design is pretty. And Julie Maddalena did great job voicing her. 

Breaking into tier 20 in the arena for the first time, probably. It first happened during the CYL season, and I’ve successfully bobbered in and out of 20 ever since. There are so many units I want to build and only so many feathers to distribute. I need more feathers.

The ongoing Book II as a whole is very good because it actually focuses on the OCs and not on the inserts of the main series’ characters. Ch 9 in Book I was pretty high for me because it offered some characterisation for Veronica and Xander. Both xenologues were nice to see Veronica and Bruno, and Veronica and the yet-unknown Loki.

I like the tempests, really. They actually give the sense of progression and participation. CYL lacks the former, and VG lacks the latter and must fall into lava.

Arvis’ GHB, probably. The scene at Belhalla in Genealogy was an unforgettable experience. Being able to overturn it even on a vastly smaller scale felt like justice.

7. Your favorite banner?
World of Holy War, easily. All four (including Ayra, because duh) characters from my favourite FE, all four as powerful as I imagined and expected, and with very good free-distributed heroes too. Unfortunately, I still haven’t managed to get any of the four, but a cat can still dream. They will come one day.

December 2017

Either Takumi or Male Robin. Takumi was the original Close counter unit, and although his use in arena is questionable, his stat spread was really helpful throughout chain challenges and Squad Assault. Male Robin was the first Raven tome user I got, and always seemed more reliable to me than Henry. 

Beating the 5 Squad Assaults. 

Unit building.... Kagero I guess. Between the 4>5 star promotion and getting skills Swift Sparrow 2 (Brave Lyn) Moonbow (Odin) Vantage (Lonq'u) it was pretty ridiculous.

Chapter 9-5. Just because of how exciting it was to do deathless the first time. Chapter 11-5 is close competition.

Tempest Trial

Bound Hero Battle Amelia and Tana Infernal

7. Your favorite banner?

Skills that Increase Special Damage

Different Banner stuff.

Sacred Memories gave me L'arachel on the free unit. 

Hero Fest - treated my new account badly, went over 8%, but at least got Ike and Deirdre at the same time when I finally did get 5 stars.

Happy New Year gave me my first non-Olivia Dancer unit. Also a Takumi.

Weapons to Refine - I got an Epriham on the free summon, and later I got the Takumi that I actually wanted.

Fjorm's Legendary gave me, Spring Camilla, 2 Lyns, 1 Genny, 2 Bridal Cordellias.

Skills that increase Special Damage gave me 5 star Karel, 5 star Sonya, and  5star Athena (my first non focus 5 star).  Sonya ended up being one of my most used units, Karel was used as my Defense team leader and my first refined weapon until the end of the account. Athena gave a Caeda Wo Dao +. 

Trick or Defeat - I got Halloween Sakura on my first full pull on the very last day of the banner. I never had an armor team on that account....

Takumi and Hinoka's Battle (November) was the first Banner I ever pulled from, and I got Takumi on my first full pull.  

So the legendary hero banner trailer drops tomorrow. What are your guesses for the units?

Red: Mia, Elincia, Siegbert
Blue: Fjorm, S!Robin, S!Corrin
Green: S!Tiki, S!Elise, Gunnthra
Colorless: new legendary hero with staff, Faye, Sothe

Edited by silveraura25

Man, they’re really running out of desirable colorless units. I know we’ll get one of Ylisse Summer units, whether that be Frederick or Gaius. Maybe this time the legendary hero will be colorless. But who else is left? Jaffar? Faye? Mist???

Btw Sothe can’t be included since he was demoted and this is restricted to 5* locked characters.

They could just shift the restriction to " Available at 5-Star" instead of "Only available at 5-Star" if they run out of desireable 5-Star-onlys.

@silveraura25

My guesses:

RED: Alm, Summer Leo, and either Legendary Hero or Katarina.

BLUE: Fjorm, Summer Robin, Lute.

GREEN: Gunnthra, Summer Xander, Brave Ike.

COLORLESS: Summer Frederick, Takumi, and either Legendary Hero or Faye.

Edited by ILikeKirbys

Thank you all guys for your input! It's cool to see varied opinions about the game's first year, cause the intention was to highlight the moments and stuff we felt were the best! It also serves as a way of preparing ourselves for Heroes' new year!

2 hours ago, silveraura25 said:

So the legendary hero banner trailer drops tomorrow. What are your guesses for the units?

Red: Mia, Elincia, Siegbert
Blue: Fjorm, S!Robin, S!Corrin
Green: S!Tiki, S!Elise, Gunnthra
Colorless: new legendary hero with staff, Faye, Sothe

The idea of summmer units is good and makes sense since they mixed bride units with spring units, which mean they're mixing 2 seasonal/special banners.

My thoughts:

Red: Leo (Nohrian Summer), Alm, Tiki (Young)

Green: Julia (Starter Support), Xander (Nohrian Summer), Gunnthrá.

Blue: Azura (Hero Fest), Ninian (Starter Support), Robin (Ylissean Summer).

Colorless: Takumi (Hero Fest), Frederick (Ylissean Summer), Sakura