Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

24 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

I'm really considering giving him that skill, even if 17 RES is pretty low for a dragon hunter.

I mean...he’s hitting dragons with 2 shots of effective damage. It looks like only TA variants of Corrin and Nowi are surviving Alm with +Atk, Life and Death, and the Attack +3 seal.

And I ran that simulation against +10 dragons.

Edit: more of the blues survive with a +6 a Def buff.

Spoiler

cl8rIsB.jpg

Edited by LordFrigid
One of these days I'll figure out how to make these images smaller the first time...

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

52 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

I mean...he’s hitting dragons with 2 shots of effective damage. It looks like only TA variants of Corrin and Nowi are surviving Alm with +Atk, Life and Death, and the Attack +3 seal.

And I ran that simulation against +10 dragons.

Edit: more of the blues survive with a +6 a Def buff.

Reveal hidden contents

cl8rIsB.jpg

Cool, thank you! Fury 3 should suffice on my Alm (+ATK +1 merge) then, it seems 1 ATK less wouldn't change the result ...

... but perhaps the 2 less SPD would. I really should start using calculators again, I stopped since kagerochart stopped their updates and I was to lazy to check the others. 

After getting Felicia her plate and Caeda her wing I broke down and bought an orb pack for one more session. What do I get? Gray. My first Gray too. And when I go to look at his stats I accidentally tap and he goes "You got me! Well Done!". I think that just become my favorite character page quote, simply because of the timing. My first quote from him and it is him congratulating me for getting him. I just found that hilarious.

6 hours ago, mampfoid said:

@Zeo I went with another Falchion: 

Reveal hidden contents

Jv7noiC.png

I must say Windsweep/Fury is not the optimal combination, since Falchion can't heal 11 HP (6 from Fury, 5 from upgraded Falchion) without Renewal. 

@Korath88 What skills are you going to give him? 

Probably would have been my first choice if I had one of him. Life and Death 3 is probably the best A skill for him at this point. He's doubling more with Phantom SPD and he could really use the extra ATK. His bulk takes a hit but with the speed doubling him is quite a bit harder and he's got pretty high HP so he can deal.

@Rafiel's Aria That Raven is a thing of beauty. I'm jealous and not afraid to admit it.

5 hours ago, mcsilas said:

@Zeo Nice! I'm still not sure if I should upgrade Masked Marth+2 or +Spd/-Def Lucina +1...but it doesn't matter now because I just upgraded Hinoka's spear with the personal skill! (I really need a Defense win...)

But yeah that Attack stat looks so nice

Went ahead and upgraded the rest of my Dragon's breaths for those Divine Dew (+Res for +Atk/-Spd Adult Tiki, +Def for +Res/-HP Fae) and also Genny's Gravity+.

I need to find 4 more upgrades though, since I want to upgrade Raven's weapon asap since I'm desperate for wins right now (using half-trained Lyon right now with my flier team)

Speaking of, @Rafiel's Aria that's awesome! Raven looks really nice with that upgrade, but yeah, =-10 Def/Res sounds pretty scary. Decision between LaD and Fury is a tough pick for me, just like promoting iether +Spd or +Atk haha. Curse my indecisiveness!

Masked Marth has more potential as a mixed phase unit than regular Lucina and Spectrum Bond seems a lot easier to use on an enemy phase unit so I would say "he" is a better choice. But if you use Lucina more or just like her then you'll make it work. WoM is an option and otherwise you'll just have to be more mindful of your positioning.

And yeah, Chrom will probably run something like the Quick Riposte seal, Deflect Magic 3 Seal or most likely the Heavy Blade 3 seal. But for now that 60 ATK is really nice to look at. I may run him with something like Steady Stance just because he'd hit 37 Def that way. If I ran a unit like him with Matthew's buffs he'd be able to oneshot just about anything. As an enemy phase unit he's a bit less flexible than Ayra or Lucina though.

5 hours ago, MonkeyCheez3K said:

Upgraded my Chrom today, I had to,..... in order to feed off his Aether on my Nowi, ololol.

You savage.

2 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Cool, thank you! Fury 3 should suffice on my Alm (+ATK +1 merge) then, it seems 1 ATK less wouldn't change the result ...

... but perhaps the 2 less SPD would. I really should start using calculators again, I stopped since kagerochart stopped their updates and I was to lazy to check the others. 

I would think the burn from Fury would hurt more than 2 less Spd. It sounds like you’re on the market for a Sothe or two.

1 minute ago, LordFrigid said:

I would think the burn from Fury would hurt more than 2 less Spd. It sounds like you’re on the market for a Sothe or two.

If he wasn't already above 3k HM and one of my lesser used units apart from AA, I would happily invest 20k feathers. I will try him next TTs and decide what to do. 

Btw: I saw your improved Caeda on the other thread, very impressive. Too bad Ayras special can't be passed. 

Hinoka is delayed for a refinement, I only have to decide between Caeda and Felica (both +ATK/-HP) to receive upgrade and promotion. 

Who will accelerate Felicia's special counter? Description says magic users. Is that tomes, or also staffs and dragonstones? 

Oh man. I'm going to be on the lookout for all the refinement units from now on.

Getting Divine Dew is such a pain. Right now here are the units that I want to give a refinement to based on desirability.

1. Alm

2. Felicia

3. Ephraim

4. Jeorge

5. Marth

6. Caeda

The others I need get (that includes Jeorge) or find those I mentioned up here more worthy of refinements.

It's actually pretty interesting to note that Chrom can make great use of Wind Boost 3 now. A +SPD Chrom has 29 SPD cause of the superboon. With Wind Boost 3 that's bumped up to 35, with the spectrum bond that's 39, with support that's 40-41, with a Drive that's 39-44 and that's without a rally. The man can be deceptively fast.

If I ever pull a +SPD/-RES Chrom (And someone that's not great pops up with Wind Boost), that's something to consider.

5 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

"Magic" refers to tomes only.

Ok, thanks. 

I'm pretty sure I've asked that already in another context, but somehow that's not fully logical to me and in the end I keep confusing things. For me "magic" is everything that hits RES (magical damage), the rest hits DEF (physical damage). 

@Zeo

I'm pro using niche skills. Too bad my Gray is not +SPD. With SPD refinement and his native water boost he would hit 44 SPD (mine 41) without seal and buffs. 

46 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

@Zeo

I'm pro using niche skills. Too bad my Gray is not +SPD. With SPD refinement and his native water boost he would hit 44 SPD (mine 41) without seal and buffs. 

While I'd love Wind Boost 3 for a particularly dumb and powerful build for Chrom. I really just want a Gray because I like him and Sword Valor is life.

But this here, this is dumb.

vhIntAE.png

You might be underwhelmed by his spread initially, but when you do the math, you realize how ridiculous this build actually is. Throw Threaten SPD on there and it just gets even more stupid.

12 hours ago, Zeo said:

Roy:  His spread is clearly the response to everyone's outcries about Brave Lyn. His ATK is great but there was no need to make him so pitifully slow. He's superior as of bulk, but it doesn't matter because literally everyone is going to double him. If he's attacking an opponent that can counter (and he can't negate DC) he'd better kill them in one shot or he's done. Worst unit on the banner even if he looks awesome. He'll probably do well at one shotting mages and not much else.

Valentine's Roy is basically +Atk, -Spd Reinhardt with 5 more resistance for 4 less HP. The other differences are that Reinhardt targets resistance, has a Brave weapon by default, and has access to Blablade, Blarraven, and other tomes with their various effects if he ever needs or wants them not to mention Reinhardt being 4* to 5* summonable. ValRoy targeting defense is going to be a bit more troublesome, but he can inherit a Brave Bow like all the other archers or use whatever else he wants like Firesweep or Guard Bow which looks like a good option for him other than Brave Bow.

+Def, -Spd ValRoy with Guard Bow can have 36/36 defenses when attacked at range and you can stack that with a refinement of your choice, Distant Def as an A-skill and seal, and defensive buffs. His health is still going to be an issue, though, even with a refined bow. With an unrefined Guard Bow+, +Def, -Spd Val Roy would have 70 total or 53x2 mixed bulk against ranged units. Ha, BH Lyn is off by 2 attack from killing him. One Distant Def would prop him up to 76 total or 59x2 mixed bulk and two would put him at 82 total or 65x2 mixed bulk.

Anyway, with just the HP boost from refining Guard Bow, he'd have 72 total or 54x2 mixed bulk. One DD would give him 78 total or 60x2 mixed bulk and two would give him 84 total or 66x2 mixed bulk. A defense or resistance refine gives him 75 total or 57x2 bulk for whichever refined option without DD. With one, he'd have 81 total or 63x2 bulk and two would give him 87 total or 69x2 bulk.

And then there's cavalry buffs. Now, whether or not this works in practice, I have no idea. :p

12 hours ago, mcsilas said:

Maybe they're experimenting with Roy first, to see what a more 'balanced' bow cavalry spread could before adding the normal bow units characters like Rath. If anything, Roy can be support with his Bow Valour.

I feel like it's more of a combination of BH Lyn's default skills and having increased BST than her being a ranged cavalry and cavalry archer. Units, regardless of whatever type they are, having high offenses was bound to happen. BH Lyn just happens to have high offenses, 33/35, on top of having Mulagir giving her +3 Spd and nullifying field buffs against mages, Sacae's Blessing preventing Distant Counter axe, lance, and sword units from countering, and Swift Sparrow and Atk Smoke as her default skills. Her defense is her notable weakness and while her HP is low, it's not like Elise (30) or Kagero (31) low and her resistance is high for a ranged cavalry. I say this since with other ranged cavalry having multiple high stats in the 30s other than HP, they have to sacrifice something because they only have so much stat points to work with like how Reinhardt and ValRoy have to dump their speed or how mage knight Eirika has low defense and resistance. And then there's Gunnthra whose high resistance comes from Blizzard and her default Fortress Res. If she didn't have those, her resistance wouldn't be that high. It'd be good, but her main stats come from her 31/33 offenses and HP, like everyone else, taking a chunk out of her stat points pool. It might not be much, but if BH Lyn had 31 HP or 24 resistance, she might have been a bit more manageable for everyone. I say a bit because once again, her default kit is really good.

For one, if you had mage knight Eirika be a ranged archer, she could do the same Brave Bow and Firesweep Bow shenanigans as BH Lyn. The main difference other than whatever legendary/personal weapon she'd have, is her weaker ability to deal with mages because of her 6 less resistance let alone not having Mulagir and while she can cheese Distant Counter units like BH Lyn, it's only through Firesweep Bow where she'd sacrifice her ability to counter back. Neither of them should be dealing with enemy phase much, but for BH Lyn, she's still decently capable at least against mages.

5 hours ago, Hilda said:

omg all those Felicias i send down the drain ._., all those Ravens i send down the drain ._., all those Caedas i send down the drain ._.

I'm weeping with you. All those poor poor meta units. Makes me paranoid of even sending home or foddering off any units anymore.

2 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

I'm weeping with you. All those poor poor meta units. Makes me paranoid of even sending home or foddering off any units anymore.

I actually try to save every  unit who i believe can be good for my needs once I get them with the right nature, such as +atk -def Felicia I've sat on for months doing nothing til the update was announced. Some of these other units are +def -atk Azama, +spd -hp Selena, +spd -res Kagero, +atk -spd Sophia, and every GHB unit iveb not 5*ed yet.

...Raven I've never had with a good nature apparently.

55 minutes ago, Zeo said:

While I'd love Wind Boost 3 for a particularly dumb and powerful build for Chrom. I really just want a Gray because I like him and Sword Valor is life.

But this here, this is dumb.

Spoiler

vhIntAE.png

You might be underwhelmed by his spread initially, but when you do the math, you realize how ridiculous this build actually is. Throw Threaten SPD on there and it just gets even more stupid.

Wind Boost and Wrath seem a little contradictory

8 minutes ago, Hilda said:

ok double Life and death Basilikos Desperation Raven with Heavy Blade Seal is fucking nuts

The fact that he still has 59 neutral physical bulk with two stacks of Life and Death is great.

4 minutes ago, Johann said:

Wind Boost and Wrath seem a little contradictory

Wrath can activate on the first round of combat due to being the only skill that checks its criteria at the time of attack. Wind Boost is no longer needed once you have Wrath active because you should be going for one-hit kills with the +10 damage bonus.

And then Falchion heals you back up for more Wind Boost shenanigans.

Edited by Ice Dragon

29 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

No regrets on my part. I never had any attachment to them anyway. I’ll keep sending them home if they show up. 

36 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

The fact that he still has 59 neutral physical bulk with two stacks of Life and Death is great.

Wrath can activate on the first round of combat due to being the only skill that checks its criteria at the time of attack. Wind Boost is no longer needed once you have Wrath active because you should be going for one-hit kills with the +10 damage bonus.

And then Falchion heals you back up for more Wind Boost shenanigans.

i mean he just... ignores the weapon triangle with double life and death luna and heavy blade seal lol its insane! you just need to watch out that no red unit initiates combat first on you (well some red units) he one shots almost everything when in desperation range. He is running 48 (including Fjorms waterblessing) spd on 0 merges... with 63 attack pre buffs is... I dont know what to call that ¬.¬

8 minutes ago, Hilda said:

i mean he just... ignores the weapon triangle with double life and death luna and heavy blade seal lol its insane! you just need to watch out that no red unit initiates combat first on you (well some red units) he one shots almost everything when in desperation range. He is running 48 (including Fjorms waterblessing) spd on 0 merges... with 63 attack pre buffs is... I dont know what to call that ¬.¬

The scary thing is that Raven [=] with Basilikos [unique] is equivalent to a unit with 39/41/37/20/17 base stats and a Slaying Axe+ [Spd].

8 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

The scary thing is that Raven [=] with Basilikos [unique] is equivalent to a unit with 39/41/37/20/17 base stats and a Slaying Axe+ [Spd].

did you think of pairing up your Sanaki with Hinoka now? given how both their weapons synergize well with each other? They can give each other so much attack ._.

Sanaki with refined weapon + Atk/res bond + drive atk 2
Hinoka with refined weapon + Atk/Spd bond + drive atk 2

basicly Hinoka give Sanaki +5res +13 atk when close to her
and Sanaki gives Hinoka +9spd and +12 atk when close to her

then add someone into the mix with Atk Tactics and welp

we are living in crazy times!!! the Askr weapon refinement (if it ever comes) better be godlike!

Edited by Hilda

@Zeo I'll send a few sacrifices your way in hopes that you can pull him. Everyone needs some Raven in their lives. That's how it was with Lucius...I think it took almost half a year after his release for me to get him. I also have a tendency to whale...so that's probably why I have most of the characters I have.