Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

3 hours ago, silveraura25 said:

I'm weeping with you. All those poor poor meta units. Makes me paranoid of even sending home or foddering off any units anymore.

I swear if they give Raigh a new tome that's really good. Twice he's showed up as +Atk, -Def. I feel like it's an omen.

Anyway, with this Raven talk, I wonder if he wants to be +Atk or +Spd now. Built-in L&D3 boosts his good speed and you can stack it with whatever else you want. I also wonder if he'd be a good user of Reprisal and Vengeance now. Moonbow, Luna, Draconic Aura, and Dragon Fang would be more reliable, but unique refined Basilikos and having L&D3 means he could easily drop down to low HP and Wrath would strengthen them. His default Sol with Wrath might be safer to keep him alive, though.

Speaking of axe users, if Gamepedia is correct, then +Atk Valentine's Hector gains +4 attack instead of +3. I think he's the first unit with high attack whose attack boon increases his attack by 4. Freaking 58 total attack with his Berserk Armads. How the hell are they even going to give it a refinement assuming evolved weapons can ever be refined? Wrath 4? No health requirement at all? Vengeful Fighter 3 as its unique refinement to build upon its regular version's QR2? Unique refined Berserk Armads and Bold Fighter 3 on either Hector. All your phase are belong to Hector.

Edited by Kaden

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

27902031_10160005877045707_1946505680_o.

New Calendar is up! We got a lot of stuff coming. New GHB and Voting gauntlet, 2 new summoning focuses, 3 summoning focuses with older units, and a bunch of quests/bonuses.

I'm assuming the 'New Power' summoning event will be the units that just received a weapon upgrade.

Also, no mention of the new, mysterious event yet!

Grand Hero Battle - ???

Are we finally getting Bruno??? In all seriousness though, they are really trying hard to sell this blessing mechanic. Too bad Fjorm is going to have to solo the new legendary event by herself anyways (maybe a free L!Ike would help?).

That's a ton of stuff! I hope Eirika is going to be in that 4* and 5* banner

Are those ??? marks hints for Thracia finally getting something? Who knows, it may be Leif's time to shine although I don't give a shit about his FE5 version, I want the FE4 one.

Now that I notice it seems that there's not going to be a seasonal banner in March, it's nice to take a break every once in a while.

So Voting Gauntlet isn't dead yet, that's fine by me. I like the easy orbs/coins/refining stones/feathers.

3 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Omg. Falchion Summoning Focus. It's happening. It's going to be the most rage-worthy focus banner since the healer voting gauntlet! I'm so ready!

And you somehow get Masked Marth.

looks like i'll hold upgrading any Falchion users for now

also looks like no month long seasonals this time

Just now, mcsilas said:

And you somehow get Masked Marth.

looks like i'll hold upgrading any Falchion users for now

also looks like no month long seasonals this time

I mean, this'll be a really good banner for someone who doesn't have any of the Falchion users, but it'll be pretty bad if you're looking for a specific one. I just upgraded my Lucina however, and she's loving the Spectrum Bond.

It'll be pretty nice to get a little break from the seasonals. I suppose there isn't really much you can do in March. St. Patrick's Day isn't much of a thing in Japan. There's the Girl's Festival which probably has potential for an all Hoshido ladies banner, but I suppose they decided to pass on that since it's not more widely celebrated.

1 minute ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

I mean, this'll be a really good banner for someone who doesn't have any of the Falchion users, but it'll be pretty bad if you're looking for a specific one. I just upgraded my Lucina however, and she's loving the Spectrum Bond.

It'll be pretty nice to get a little break from the seasonals. I suppose there isn't really much you can do in March. St. Patrick's Day isn't much of a thing in Japan. There's the Girl's Festival which probably has potential for an all Hoshido ladies banner, but I suppose they decided to pass on that since it's not more widely celebrated.

If i get good natures it will save me upgrading feather so I'm fine with that

also my only Falchion user in my main account is Masked Marth anyway. Unless i upgrade that +Atk Chrom but i'm not hurting too much in terms of swordies now, i'm having way too much fun using Siegbert's Galeforce these days (thanks for the tip @mampfoid)

It's just a two-week break without a seasonal instead of going a whole month without them, because undoubtedly now the Easter banner will go up on the 21st. The timing was awkward for them because while they could have started it on the 8th and still have Easter fall within the period, having it begin three weeks before the actual day would have been awkward.

One disappointment is that there doesn't seem to be any chance of another mini-TT until April at the earliest.

2 hours ago, Kaden said:

I swear if they give Raigh a new tome that's really good. Twice he's showed up as +Atk, -Def. I feel like it's an omen.

This is why you merge. I have a *4 +8 +SPD/DEF Raigh waiting for 2 more merges. Once he gets one more I'm just going to wait and see what happens and then merge down. Then I'll have essentially a *5 +5 with a Legendary tome at a 20k feather cost. Not bad.

In other news no matter what I do Lucina is better than her dad. Enemy or Player phase. 

Lucina vs Chrom.

Player Phase:

Spoiler

The Fury/Swordbreaker set she eclipses him. This is the closest margin I was able to create for the two of them.

Vp9GDCE.png

Even t +10, Chrom still can't touch her at +0 and loses by 6 wins. He's not a player phase unit with Falchion, but it's still rather jarring how outclassed he is. That being said he's easily one of the best users of Wind Boost 3 turns out, but he has to be molded to be a player phase unit and Lucina is built to be one. 

EDIT: Chrom can run ATK/SPD Bond and that takes him up to 178, but she can run it too and it gives her 194, plus Chrom's mobility and positioning takes a hit doing that as well, so she's still better and becomes easier to use.

Enemy Phase: 

Spoiler

LmBkQgb.png

You'd think due to Chrom's bulk that he would be a superior Steady Breath user and perhaps he's superior as a tank but the problem is that mages destroy him and Lucina can generally take a hit from magic without being doubled at a solid 40 SPD whereas at 29, Chrom is getting killed quite a bit more.

Enemy Phase (Distant Counter):

Spoiler

Nzq4cVd.png

Even as a Distant Counter user she is superior. How that is when his ATK is superior and QR makes SPD a moot point? I don't know, but she's better still.

I didn't play Awakening, but from what I've gathered, it's honestly pretty funny how much she idolizes her dad and gushes over him in their supports when she is so cleanly superior to him in this game. I like Chrom more and he has more access to merges, I will probably still +10 him down the line and he'll be my main sword unit at the highest level if I get that far. But at no point will I delude myself any further as to think he's anywhere near his daughter in this game. She simply outclasses him in every way imaginable except exclusively tanking physical threats, and even that she does pretty well too.

Now I kinda want a Lucina... (And yes I do have Masked Marth)

EDIT: Oh look a new calendar. The Grand Hero Battle intrigues me. Also called there being a Falchion banner. What a nightmare that'll be. Trying to get Lucina or Alm only to get yet another Marth...

Edited by Zeo

I'm really liking the increased frequency of new GHBs. Falchion banner means nothing to me as I already have both of the 5* exclusive ones.

Given the timing of the Arvis GHB, the next GHB and banner might be Genealogy gen 2 focused.

I wonder who the freebie units will be. I could see them giving us a 3* version of Sheena considering that axe armor is the only thing missing so far for freebie armors. Gordin could also be a good choice as a default Brave Bow archer. If anything, he would have been very helpful for players during Valter's GHB before BH Lyn and NY M!Corrin. Any of the manaketes would be good too considering that the only freebie dragon was for Android players only: F!Corrin.

10 minutes ago, Zeo said:

This is why you merge. I have a *4 +8 +SPD/DEF Raigh waiting for 2 more merges. Once he gets one more I'm just going to wait and see what happens and then merge down. Then I'll have essentially a *5 +5 with a Legendary tome at a 20k feather cost. Not bad.

I don't use merges. Simply out of stupid refusal to do so. And add apathy towards the support system and blessings.

Anyway, Valentine's Roy having Reciprocal Aid means he has the lowest health of its default users. Before, it was tied with Setsuna and Titania at 37 HP where Setsuna does have 42 HP with her default HP +5.

Edited by Kaden

I don't even think I'll wait to see what the 3/8 new heroes will be. And I'll probably skip the 2/21 ones unless they're very specific ones I've been waiting for. I NEED Hinoka man. I can't skip another banner with her, not now.

30 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

I don't even think I'll wait to see what the 3/8 new heroes will be. And I'll probably skip the 2/21 ones unless they're very specific ones I've been waiting for. I NEED Hinoka man. I can't skip another banner with her, not now.

i'm guessing you're saying that because the "New Power" banner will likely have Hinoka on it?

@Kaden It isn't really something to "refuse" to do. You just have those units that aren't really good fodder and they pile up in your barracks. After I saw someone else suggest it I started merging units right away. You just look at those units you know you'll never merge to +10 at *5 and it's pretty easy to make them *4 supermerge projects. Saves you space and at the end of it, you still have to spend 20k feathers to get the most out of them, but the result is a unit more powerful than the norm.

• Raigh +8
  • Fir +7
  • Clair +5
  • Camilla +5
  • Oboro +4
  • Donnel +4

And I have enough Titanias and Draugs to make +5's each. Just have been lazy and Guard/Ward armor comes in handy every once in a while. As for Blessings, they are too premium and I'm indecisive so they end up sitting there. Matthew will get one, but I'm holding out to give him the Earth Blessing. As for the support system. It has to be a pairing that makes sense otherwise it's not worth it. The units I use the most have pairings. Everyone else falls by the wayside.

Edited by Zeo

1 minute ago, Zeo said:

i'm guessing you're saying that because the "New Power" banner will likely have Hinoka on it?

That makes sense. The four have just got their new power, and they are all of different colours unlike the Falchions.

…Another chance for me to not get Lucina.

2 minutes ago, Zeo said:

It sure seems likely that's what that banner will be for. Especially with a Falchion banner trailing right after it.

15 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

That makes sense. The four have just got their new power, and they are all of different colours unlike the Falchions.

…Another chance for me to not get Lucina.

It's too bad orbs are probably going to be tight this month because I'd really like a Raven. A Hinoka that isn't +SPD/-ATK would be nice but I'm content with her after all this time and I'd rather wait for a good nature Felicia to come on her own (also have a +ATK/-RES Caeda, just not high on my list right now.)

As for Falchion. I thought using Masked Marth and building a Chrom would erase the middling (but existent) want for Lucina, but having Chrom at *5 now only makes me want her more than I did before. Worst part is she has to be +SPD or +ATK or it's literally pointless. On the other hand. Any Alm that's not -ATK would certainly be welcome.

Just. Not. MARTH. NO MORE MARTHS.

15 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

It sure seems likely that's what that banner will be for. Especially with a Falchion banner trailing right after it.

Here's hoping she's your free pull. I'm rooting for you man.

Edited by Zeo

4 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Just in time for me having promoted my Tiki. Welp.

That's okay. Tiki would've died to a Lucina anyways due to low Spd. Hah.

New GHB and two more new hero banners. Neat.

Hoping for one of them to finally be the FE5 banner, but that seems a bit soon since FE10 was pretty recent.

1 minute ago, Ae†her said:

That's okay. Tiki would've died to a Lucina anyways due to low Spd. Hah.

Now I feel much better.

Just now, Othin said:

Hoping for one of them to finally be the FE5 banner, but that seems a bit soon since FE10 was pretty recent.

My stupid and unfulfillable wish is for this to be a Genealogy Gen 2 banner with Ishtar as the GHB. But Thracia would be fine too. Miranda as a red mage cav? Selphina as a bow cav? Glade as a lance cav? FINN as himself? Leif as the second-cinnamonest roll in all Jugdral? Nanna as an actual healer? Yes please.

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

Now I feel much better.

Your welcome.

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

My stupid and unfulfillable wish is for this to be a Genealogy Gen 2 banner with Ishtar as the GHB. But Thracia would be fine too. Miranda as a red mage cav? Selphina as a bow cav? Glade as a lance cav? FINN as himself? Leif as the second-cinnamonest roll in all Jugdral? Nanna as an actual healer? Yes please.

You want Ishtar as a GHB? I thought she would be better as a full-time unit since they have more of a reason to make her the Goddess she is.

1 minute ago, Ae†her said:

You want Ishtar as a GHB? I thought she would be better as a full-time unit since they have more of a reason to make her the Goddess she is.

On one hand, it would make more sense for her to be a GHB because then I’d actually have her, and you do fight her no less than three times in her game.

On the other hand, Reinhardt.

Hmmmm.