Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

New banners, eh? I hope one of them is a Thracia 776 banner with Leif and Nanna in it. Considering how reluctant they’ve been when to comes to actually give us new Staff users, I could see Nanna getting a sword or a tome. As for the GHB, I hope it’s Kempf. If it’s Genealogy Gen2 then...Julius or Ishtar as a GHB and Gen2 Armored Mage Arvis as a banner unit. 

A TMS #FE or Cipher banner would be even better. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Crap... just realized that the BHB banner will have Azura on it. She's the only non-seasonal dancer I don't have yet. Then there's Raven on the New Power banner and I still have never pulled a single copy of him.

New Heroes banner which could just be another Awakening/Fates banner or it could be an FE4/5 banner which I could potentially pass on. OR it could be another FE10 Banner with Edward on it or more FE6/7 characters which throws a monkey wrench into the mix.

Meanwhile the Legendary Hero banner at the end of the month is a thing and I literally want every single unit on the seasonal banner that's about to drop.

F2P life.

7 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

On one hand, it would make more sense for her to be a GHB because then I’d actually have her, and you do fight her no less than three times in her game.

On the other hand, Reinhardt.

Hmmmm.

If they wanted to make her true to her original self then they would make her with more offensive power than Reinhardt. If they wanted to make her a GHB unit then we could all have her, but she wouldn't be as good as she deserves to be, at best she would be a Reinhardt counter. If they made her in anyway inferior to Reinhardt that would be foul.

I'd rather have a Ishtar true to her original self.

12 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

On one hand, it would make more sense for her to be a GHB because then I’d actually have her, and you do fight her no less than three times in her game.

On the other hand, Reinhardt.

Hmmmm.

I'm pretty sure Rein and Eldigan are exceptions and not the rule so if I were you, I wouldn't get my hopes up. There hasn't been another NPC antagonist on a banner since those two, at the very least.

2 minutes ago, Ae†her said:

I'd rather have a Ishtar true to her original self.

Desire sensor being a thing is why I’m so conflicted about it. I managed to escape it with Micaiah (not one, but two over 50 orbs), but Myrrh took me a 4.25% rate. I really want to have Ishtar.

1 minute ago, Tybrosion said:

I'm pretty sure Rein and Eldigan are exceptions and not the rule so if I were you, I wouldn't get my hopes up. There hasn't been another NPC antagonist on a banner since those two, at the very least.

Yeah, Ishtar being a GHB is much more realistic, even though she won’t be as OP as if she were on a banner.

Oh wow, this is something I didn't expect to see. Wasn't aware that Shadow Dragon was getting special maps. Wonder what the occasion for those is? Glad to see Arvis getting a rerun, since I missed his first run and I want him. Battling With Fjorm quests shouldn't be too hard since she's generally pretty good.

I'm expecting New Power to be a focus of Felicia/Hinoka/Caeda/Raven, since they just got new personal weapons. Probably not gonna go beyond the free pull on that one. Looking forward to the Falchion banner more, since all of the units on there would be good for me (Marth could be a better boon/bane and I could use more merges for him, Chrom and Lucina are Aether fodder, and Alm is the one I don't have and thus I desire him).

Curious about the ??? Grand Hero Battle and Voting Gauntlet. Kinda hoping for Ishtar for the Grand Hero Battle (which could still work if Thracia 776 gets the next banner, since IIRC Reinhardt has some connection to her, and he's from Thracia 776) and Genealogy Gen 1 vs 2 or Genealogy vs Thracia 776 for the Voting Gauntlet. Partially because that second one would mean the next non-seasonal banner would have to be Thracia.
Also curious about who the next Three Heroes quests are going to give away.

@Vaximillian IIRC Reinhardt is pullable because you could talk him out of fighting you with his (also pullable, and debuted at the same time) sister Olwen. Same with Eldigan and his sister Lachesis.

Unless Ishtar has a similar thing, I think it's safe to assume she'll be a Grand Hero Battle, rather than on a banner.

Edited by ILikeKirbys

28 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Here's hoping she's your free pull. I'm rooting for you man.

Thanks, I have a feeling I'm gonna need the good vibes..

Also seconding the notion about Lucina. I've been wanting her since the start of the game (and not even her Spring or CYL alts have ever showed up for me), but her normal form would feel almost pointless to get now that we can have +5 Masked Marth. Well, not like I'll ever have more than MM at this rate anyway, I suppose..

5 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

Desire sensor being a thing is why I’m so conflicted about it. I managed to escape it with Micaiah (not one, but two over 50 orbs), but Myrrh took me a 4.25% rate. I really want to have Ishtar.

Yeah, Ishtar being a GHB is much more realistic, even though she won’t be as OP as if she were on a banner.

My hopes are ridiculous, but maybe they'll release a 'Honorable Heroes' banner with Ishtar, Arvis (2nd Gen), and two different popular cliche vills. The thing is my wallet is ready for a banner with Ishtar.

7 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I would love the Ciphers get some love too. And the Warriors peeps indeed, I need my Lianna.

I knew I was forgetting a game. Yes, the twins and Darios. Having them pop up in FEH around the time the Awakening DLC pack releases in Warriors would be nice. Seeing how the new banners are scheduled, the new Easter banner will most likely start on late March. 

As for Gen2 Arvis, I hope the developers do him justice and actually release him in a future banner. 

12 minutes ago, ILikeKirbys said:

Oh wow, this is something I didn't expect to see. Wasn't aware that Shadow Dragon was getting special maps. Wonder what the occasion for those is? 

@Vaximillian IIRC Reinhardt is pullable because you could talk him down with his (also pullable, and debuted at the same time) sister Olwen. Same with Eldigan and his sister Lachesis.

Warriors gets the Shadow Dragon DLC with Minerva, Navarre, and Linde on the 14th.

This is a reasonable explanation indeed. We don’t talk to Ishtar, just Forseti her three times in three separate chapters.

Two new characters back to back? Neat. I wonder who they’ll be. Maybe Tharcia is finally getting representation?

I really hope that GHB is Bruno but if it is Tharcia I guess it’ll be someone else

1 hour ago, Zeo said:

This is why you merge. I have a *4 +8 +SPD/DEF Raigh waiting for 2 more merges. Once he gets one more I'm just going to wait and see what happens and then merge down. Then I'll have essentially a *5 +5 with a Legendary tome at a 20k feather cost. Not bad.

In other news no matter what I do Lucina is better than her dad. Enemy or Player phase. 

Lucina vs Chrom.

Player Phase:

Hide contents

The Fury/Swordbreaker set she eclipses him. This is the closest margin I was able to create for the two of them.

Vp9GDCE.png

Even t +10, Chrom still can't touch her at +0 and loses by 6 wins. He's not a player phase unit with Falchion, but it's still rather jarring how outclassed he is. That being said he's easily one of the best users of Wind Boost 3 turns out, but he has to be molded to be a player phase unit and Lucina is built to be one. 

EDIT: Chrom can run ATK/SPD Bond and that takes him up to 178, but she can run it too and it gives her 194, plus Chrom's mobility and positioning takes a hit doing that as well, so she's still better and becomes easier to use.

Enemy Phase: 

Hide contents

LmBkQgb.png

You'd think due to Chrom's bulk that he would be a superior Steady Breath user and perhaps he's superior as a tank but the problem is that mages destroy him and Lucina can generally take a hit from magic without being doubled at a solid 40 SPD whereas at 29, Chrom is getting killed quite a bit more.

Enemy Phase (Distant Counter):

Hide contents

Nzq4cVd.png

Even as a Distant Counter user she is superior. How that is when his ATK is superior and QR makes SPD a moot point? I don't know, but she's better still.

I didn't play Awakening, but from what I've gathered, it's honestly pretty funny how much she idolizes her dad and gushes over him in their supports when she is so cleanly superior to him in this game. I like Chrom more and he has more access to merges, I will probably still +10 him down the line and he'll be my main sword unit at the highest level if I get that far. But at no point will I delude myself any further as to think he's anywhere near his daughter in this game. She simply outclasses him in every way imaginable except exclusively tanking physical threats, and even that she does pretty well too.

Now I kinda want a Lucina... (And yes I do have Masked Marth)

EDIT: Oh look a new calendar. The Grand Hero Battle intrigues me. Also called there being a Falchion banner. What a nightmare that'll be. Trying to get Lucina or Alm only to get yet another Marth...

Cool I didn’t know there was a calculator. Can you make it so every enemy red mage has sword breaker? It’s commonly run from experience and it should probably put them at more equal footing in that department as Lucina will probably die to them too.

Also Chrom probably has more losses then Lucina even with QR because the enemy is still getting in two hits on him killing before he gets his second attack in. Meanwhile Lucina is only being hit once, survives, and still gets her two hits from QR

Edited by NegativeExponents-

9 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

What about Lifis as the GHB unit?

Possible but far too obscure. Since he’s a thief he could be turned into a dagger unit and become the very first GHB reward that’s a dagger user so there’s that. We’re much more likely to get Flora as a GHB reward instead. 

9 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

What about Lifis as the GHB unit?

A little disappointing given he isn't very intimidating, heck he doesn't even start with a weapon equipped. It'd be a bad impression for Thracia. Perne would be a better choice. But I'd personally have reason for wanting Lifis.

22 minutes ago, ILikeKirbys said:

IIRC Reinhardt is pullable because you could talk him out of fighting you with his (also pullable, and debuted at the same time) sister Olwen. Same with Eldigan and his sister Lachesis.

That makes Reinhardt sound like a different kind of pull. Mind you chatting with Eldigan kills him, and chatting with Reinhardt gives Olwen a sword to kill him. By reverse logic, could Jill go GHB via Shiharam no-Mist A/Lethe B talk?

My first thought was that the ??? Grand Hero Battle might be Veronica. Doubt it would be her, but after she won CYL2, she'll probably come sooner or later, and I can't see her regular self being on a banner, so Grand Hero Battle seems like a reasonable place to do that (that or Story Chapter Reward, but they haven't done that since Fjorm, so I'm not sure if Fjorm was a one-time thing or if they might do it again).

13 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Warriors gets the Shadow Dragon DLC with Minerva, Navarre, and Linde on the 14th.

Ah, right. So these maps are like the last Warriors maps, I assume? Because I liked those maps. They were good for SP grinding. I miss them a little.

Also thanks for reminding me that I'm gonna have to play Warriors again to try them out. Hopefully they aren't just clones of Camilla, Lyn and Robin. That would mildly irk me.

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

That makes Reinhardt sound like a different kind of pull. Mind you chatting with Eldigan kills him, and chatting with Reinhardt gives Olwen a sword to kill him. By reverse logic, could Jill go GHB via Shiharam no-Mist A/Lethe B talk?

Nah, Jill is playable normally, and only goes back to being an enemy if you make her fight Shiharam (or... something, I forgot what exactly has to happen there, it's been too long since I played PoR). And even then, you can recruit her back with Mist or Lethe, like you mentioned, so I can't see her being a Grand Hero Battle.

Also, talking to Olwen with Reinhardt doesn't make Reinhardt leave the battlefield? I thought it would, since I knew that's how Eldigan's talk with Lachesis went.

12 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

Cool I didn’t know there was a calculator. Can you make it so every enemy red mage has sword breaker? It’s commonly run from experience and it should probably put them at more equal footing in that department as Lucina will probably die to them too.

Also Chrom probably has more losses then Lucina even with QR because the enemy is still getting in two hits on him killing before he gets his second attack in. Meanwhile Lucina is only being hit once, survives, and still gets her two hits from QR

Lucina collects a few more losses, but nothing major. She's just better than her dad and yeah as far as DC goes you're right. This leans me away from doing DC Chrom honestly because I have other units who would use it better. To be honest though, I really want to do that Wind Boost build. I wish those skills weren't so rare.

16 minutes ago, ILikeKirbys said:

My first thought was that the ??? Grand Hero Battle might be Veronica. Doubt it would be her, but after she won CYL2, she'll probably come sooner or later, and I can't see her regular self being on a banner, so Grand Hero Battle seems like a reasonable place to do that (that or Story Chapter Reward, but they haven't done that since Fjorm, so I'm not sure if Fjorm was a one-time thing or if they might do it again).

Ah, right. So these maps are like the last Warriors maps, I assume? Because I liked those maps. They were good for SP grinding. I miss them a little.

Also thanks for reminding me that I'm gonna have to play Warriors again to try them out. Hopefully they aren't just clones of Camilla, Lyn and Robin. That would mildly irk me.

Nah, Jill is playable normally, and only goes back to being an enemy if you make her fight Shiharam (or... something, I forgot what exactly has to happen there, it's been too long since I played PoR). And even then, you can recruit her back with Mist or Lethe, like you mentioned, so I can't see her being a Grand Hero Battle.

Also, talking to Olwen with Reinhardt doesn't make Reinhardt leave the battlefield? I thought it would, since I knew that's how Eldigan's talk with Lachesis went.

Its kind of an interesting stuff actually

If you manage to chat to Reinhardt chances are:

1. You get Holy Sword which is tailor made to kill him

2. You remove Saias from the map which is huge

So doing that practically win you the map which is notable since they have been hyping that map to death and make it show by making it the very first map where Saias is a Turn 1 enemy(Saias is usually used by them to indicate that you take too long to win the map. Like winning against Saias appearace is possible, but it borders on pure stupidity)

An interesting choice for new characters could be the “Missing Twins” banner. Consists of Kaze, Flora, and Lugh. With maybe Linus as GHB? (Not a twin but 3 characters seemed like too little) I mean highly unlikely but I need Flora and Lugh in somehow dang it.

3 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

An interesting choice for new characters could be the “Missing Twins” banner. Consists of Kaze, Flora, and Lugh. With maybe Linus as GHB? (Not a twin but 3 characters seemed like too little) I mean highly unlikely but I need Flora and Lugh in somehow dang it.

If Lugh follows in his brother's footsteps and gets artwork from the Etrian Odyssey designer, I'd all be for it! I just really like EO character designs, even if some of the females are too sexualized, the series still offers equal gender representation and full age representation. From lolis and pretty boys, to handsome young men and classy young women, to old men and actual grown women (and it looks like Female Rovers in EO5 come in old lady). Give me more of this in FEH, since I'm not fond of most artwork in this game as is.

Which reminds me I have three EO runs to complete. The Great Dragon, Dragon clones, Alurane, and the YC on EOU (I'm just going to Picnic the 30th Floor, it isn't difficult, just annoying with all the Depth Dancers), with a Ronin-Dark Hunter-Protector-Hexer-Troubadour team. My first ever EOU2 Story Mode run should get me in the vibe again, and that should get me to finally grind a bit and then tackle Juggernaut with my Classic Expert team (it has a War Magus, Survivalist, and Sovereign on it, so it's three fifths like the Story team, but Trand is replaced by a Beast and Fafnir by an Axelandy).

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

If Lugh follows in his brother's footsteps and gets artwork from the Etrian Odyssey designer, I'd all be for it! I just really like EO character designs, even if some of the females are too sexualized, the series still offers equal gender representation and full age representation. From lolis and pretty boys, to handsome young men and classy young women, to old men and actual grown women (and it looks like Female Rovers in EO5 come in old lady). Give me more of this in FEH, since I'm not fond of most artwork in this game as is.

Which reminds me I have three EO runs to complete. The Great Dragon, Dragon clones, Alurane, and the YC on EOU (I'm just going to Picnic the 30th Floor, it isn't difficult, just annoying with all the Depth Dancers), with a Ronin-Dark Hunter-Protector-Hexer-Troubadour team. My first ever EOU2 Story Mode run should get me in the vibe again, and that should get me to finally grind a bit and then tackle Juggernaut with my Classic Expert team (it has a War Magus, Survivalist, and Sovereign on it, so it's three fifths like the Story team, but Trand is replaced by a Beast and Fafnir by an Axelandy).

I'd be totally up for this. Though I didn't know they sexualized females. Otherwise I find their art so adorable. I really like Raigh's art, but just can't find a way to use him.

41 minutes ago, ILikeKirbys said:

I think the vanilla version of Veronica will be the main hero of a future Legendary Hero banner. We could always use more blessings. 

Now that Tempest Trials are tucked away neatly into the Events category, I wonder if they'll re-run previous TTs for a week at a time. It'd allow people to finish getting all the rewards they missed, and play with those uber bonus units again. Though that wouldn't provide merge copies for TT units, unless they tied quests to it like in GHB re-runs. I care most about letting new players get their tobins.

Hey, I'm playing EO2:U right now. Some of the female designs are sexualized, but we also get things like male dancers in EO4, and we had them a lot sooner.