Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

18 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

"I don't believe you" is considered rude, especially in response to someone who has no reason to lie.

The Arena discussion thread is full of other players who are doing well and other players who are struggling.

Myrrh has one of the highest Def stats in the game at 36 base.

And I didn't say "I don't believe you."

So? Ike should still be able to hit her harder than he was doing and not take much damage in return.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

10 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

So? Ike should still be able to hit her harder than he was doing and not take much damage in return.

Ike has a low Res stat though, so even if he were going up against TA3 Myrrhs, he'd still take a solid amount of damage, especially if she triggers Bonfire.

As for dealing damage, there's a chance that enemy Myrrhs have boosted defense enough that your Ike can't deal two attacks (her personal disabling enemy follow ups if her defense is higher than the enemies by 5). I don't know how you've built your Ike, but anything higher than 46 defense if he is +Def and packing Fury 3 will disable his follow ups, if he were to follow up at all.

She may also be packing Quick Riposte 3, so not only could she disable your follow ups, but she can trigger her own follow up no matter how fast she is, and she can trigger Bonfire on her follow-up. That is assuming you are initiating. Even then, she is a part of 2 separate Emblems, Flier and Dragon, so there is a high chance that she will be used on such teams.

Edited by Xenomata

11 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

There's a ton of things involved into these battles beyond just the weapon triangle. What were the stats and skills of each unit?

Edited by predator_21476

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

I have a hard time believing that.

I don't believe you.

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Are you paying attention to the skills and buffs that enemy units have?

Ike's Res stat is not very impressive, and Myrrh has one of the strongest weapons in the game in terms of raw damage. The weapon triangle helps you win rounds of combat, but doesn't guarantee you a win.

A friend had teach me that the Weapon Triangule helps (he is actually kind of fond of the games were the WT isn't that strong, because it makes people think more outside the box); but you need to see the whole picture to know which character is the best to deal with a situation. The stat difference, the movement, the skills they use, you can't win every battle just using the WTA in your advantage.

Edited by Troykv

Apparently Valentine's Lilina's and I'm going to assume Valentine's Roy's sprites appear normal unlike mage knight Eirika, L'Arachel, and I think Gunnthra's? I wonder what happened that caused Eirika, L'Arachel, and Gunnthra's sprites to be displayed as smaller than other cavalry units and why it only happens for the player since they seem normal as enemies.

Edited by Kaden

1 hour ago, Xenomata said:

Ike has a low Res stat though, so even if he were going up against TA3 Myrrhs, he'd still take a solid amount of damage, especially if she triggers Bonfire.

As for dealing damage, there's a chance that enemy Myrrhs have boosted defense enough that your Ike can't deal two attacks (her personal disabling enemy follow ups if her defense is higher than the enemies by 5). I don't know how you've built your Ike, but anything higher than 46 defense if he is +Def and packing Fury 3 will disable his follow ups, if he were to follow up at all.

She may also be packing Quick Riposte 3, so not only could she disable your follow ups, but she can trigger her own follow up no matter how fast she is, and she can trigger Bonfire on her follow-up. That is assuming you are initiating. Even then, she is a part of 2 separate Emblems, Flier and Dragon, so there is a high chance that she will be used on such teams.

I've still seen him survive other magic-based attacks just fine. And I have yet to see a full dragon team or flier team in the arena, so Myrrh wasn't a part of those.

I don't know what skills that Myrrh had though.

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

I don't believe you.

Nope, those statements were not the same.

1 hour ago, predator_21476 said:

There's a ton of things involved into these battles beyond just the weapon triangle. What were the stats and skills of each unit?

As I said above, I don't know. I don't really check because it takes a lot of time to and it never really made a difference anyway.

Edited by Anacybele

39 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Nope, those statements were not the same.

I find that hard to believe. Explain to me why they are not the same beyond "the words are not the same words".

43 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I don't really check because it takes a lot of time to and it never really made a difference anyway.

Hence why you are having so much trouble.

You're baking a cake without measuring the ingredients. Buying clothes without checking the price tags. Going on a trip without packing your luggage.

53 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I don't really check because it takes a lot of time to and it never really made a difference anyway.

Personally I've found it important to at least check certain problem units. I always at least check whatever build Myrrh is running because that'll affect if my Marisa can one round her on initiation or if I need to bait her instead.

Also, it might be useful to take advantage of Squad Assault by fighting with your primary team, surrendering, and repeating. It might help you figure out where your problem areas are and if there are any common arena threats (Brave Lyn, Myrrh, Reinhardt, etc.) that you consistently struggle against. 

24 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA THE TRAINING MAP USES THE MAIN THEME OF SHADOW DRAGON AND THE BLADE OF LIGHT (YES THE ORIGINAL NES ONE)

Makes me feel good as I finish leveling Marth on these maps. Wonder if the other maps will have other title themes?

For GHB Elite quests, I'm going to hold off on the ones that award a 4 star copy. These quests will be here year round, and my barracks space is only getting tighter.

9 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I pulled my first Tailtiu. She's neutral, is that still good?

Possessing a blade and not being called Odin makes her good by default. Still she is a four-star (unless you got her at five-star) so you can theoretically get better. My Katarina is basically neutral (HP/Def) and she murders with a blade, like she is supposed to. Neutral Tailtiu is even slightly better at murdering with a blade than a neutral Katarina because of her +1 Spd.

Edited by Vaximillian

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Possessing a blade and not being called Odin makes her good by default. Still she is a four-star (unless you got her at five-star) so you can theoretically get better. My Katarina is basically neutral (HP/Def) and she murders with a blade, like she is supposed to. Neutral Tailtiu is even slightly better than a neutral Katarina because of her +1 Spd.

Hmm, all right. In that case, should I just build her unless I pull one that is +spd? I won't be promoting her anytime soon, so I could invest in her normally and merge when I get one with a +spd/-not atk nature?

6 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Hmm, all right. In that case, should I just build her unless I pull one that is +spd? I won't be promoting her anytime soon, so I could invest in her normally and merge when I get one with a +spd/-not atk nature?

I’m not the one to speak because I’m terribly biased in her favour, but I would. It’s not like there is such a thing as too many blue mages. Or mages at all.

…Unless you need her Drive Spd for someone else, of course.

Edited by Vaximillian

16 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I pulled my first Tailtiu. She's neutral, is that still good?

Keep her around for merges. A +SPD one is what you should look out for. And if that +spd has -atk it's still salvageable with Blarblade

Edited by silveraura25

3 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I’m not the one to speak because I’m terribly biased in her favour, but I would. It’s not like there is such a thing as too many blue mages. Or mages at all.

Well, I'm not super fussed about getting perfect natures or anything, but I have noticed that certain characters just excel with certain natures. I was able to pull a +spd -HP Soren recently, and man his performance is just MILES from my previous +res -HP one.

1 minute ago, silveraura25 said:

Keep her around for merges. A +SPD one is what you should look out for.

All right, if I pull a +spd one I'll use that as the base. In case I never do pull a +spd Tailtiu, though, the neutral one will still get things done, right?

2 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Well, I'm not super fussed about getting perfect natures or anything, but I have noticed that certain characters just excel with certain natures. I was able to pull a +spd -HP Soren recently, and man his performance is just MILES from my previous +res -HP one.

All right, if I pull a +spd one I'll use that as the base. In case I never do pull a +spd Tailtiu, though, the neutral one will still get things done, right?

If you give her SPD buffs the she'll work out well.

That horrible feeling you get when the game literally pours orbs on you and they all just waste away on nothing. Not even fodder. 

After all that complaining everyone was doing about Awakening/Fates seasonal banners. I wish this was one. I'd have over 60 orbs stockpiled already. Instead I have units like.... Merric

*Shivers*

2 minutes ago, Zeo said:

That horrible feeling you get when the game literally pours orbs on you and they all just waste away on nothing. Not even fodder. 

I will stay strong. After all, in two weeks there will be a banner with actual new characters. Then another one. And the New Power banner. And the Falchion banner. Oh goodness, so many banners. I NEED EVEN MORE ORBS!

tumblr_p3xltxxhgA1qcrdmuo1_540.png

Pictured: Hector's SP as a warning sign just before he learns Distant Counter. 

I think Vector's my favourite seasonal now. Well on the male side at least, hard to beat Fanlivia and Axura.

@Zeo Neat looking team. Seems a bit weak to mages though if you go without Serra, since Nino can only tank so much magic because Fury damage. I guess it's hard to comment on it without actually trying it though.

Hmm I'm not usually one on merges, but I'm wondering if I should promote my +Atk/-Def Nino and then promote my new +Spd/-HP Nino and merge them. I mean I guess Nino is one of the best things in the game....but feathers...

(Also I don't really use Nino too much in arena, so it's not like I'm merging for scores at this stage. I use Armours for my arena team)