Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

3 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

I will stay strong. After all, in two weeks there will be a banner with actual new characters. Then another one. And the New Power banner. And the Falchion banner. Oh goodness, so many banners. I NEED EVEN MORE ORBS!

4 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

…when I get [a Tailtiu] with a +spd/-not atk nature?

Speak of the devil. I could not stay strong and spent some of my orbs on the movement banner in hopes of getting some blue fodder and I’ve got her. I’ve got Tailtiu. Of course, she’s −Atk. And not even +Spd, but +Res instead. Whatever, Atk+3 and Spd+3 seals exist, and the blade buffs are insane.

Edited by Vaximillian

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Anyone else paralyzed by inability to make a decision on which legendary weapons to refine? I managed to reduce my choice to either Ephraim, Raven or Lucina, but now can't decide between them.

I really like the idea of limiting the amount of refinements players can get, but I feel IS limited it a bit too much. We have what, 15 weapons that need dew now? And since I can get my third upgrade, I would guess at most enough materials for 4?

3 minutes ago, Sylphid said:

Anyone else paralyzed by inability to make a decision on which legendary weapons to refine? I managed to reduce my choice to either Ephraim, Raven or Lucina, but now can't decide between them.

I really like the idea of limiting the amount of refinements players can get, but I feel IS limited it a bit too much. We have what, 15 weapons that need dew now? And since I can get my third upgrade, I would guess at most enough materials for 4?

Yeah, it's difficult to choose sometimes. Ephraim, Jaffar or Julia was a choice I have to do, but then the Falchion update came, and since my Alm is one of my most used units, I refined his weapon first. But now, I have too Caeda and Hinoka to look too... Need... Divine... Dew T_T

Edited by Ledrert

19 minutes ago, Ledrert said:

Yeah, it's difficult to choose sometimes. Ephraim, Jaffar or Julia was a choice I have to do, but then the Falchion update came, and since my Alm is one of my most used units, I refined his weapon first. But now, I have too Caeda and Hinoka to look too... Need... Divine... Dew T_T

I was initially sad the only falchion user I've never pulled got the best upgrade. When I realized my dew situation I was actually kind of glad.

Also I completely forgot about the evolutions that take dew too, thanks for reminding me. I think that makes the total amount of weapon that cost dew 20... I'll just ignore those instead of not remembering them for now

13 hours ago, Zeo said:

Lukas (Fortress)

Hide contents

uBPvaw1.pngzhUxkEY.png

Left Lukas: The primary build. Because what team isn't complete without a Distant Counter user? Lukas turns out to be a fantastic user of Berkut's Lance due to his naturally high DEF and the mixed bulk it gives him. Couple that with the Distant DEF seal and you've got yourself a problem. Dragons will still give him some trouble but between Matt's debuffs, Nino's spurs/drives and general Supports he can deal with just about anything short of a Lancebreaker Reinhardt. Hone ATK 3 sits there for Nino's benefit as there's no other source of offensive passive buffs on the team.

Right Lukas: Secondary build. If we were to run a Steady Breath build we'd still give him the RES boost for the extra help vs Dragons but then we'd run QP in order to give him a guaranteed Aether during his first round of combat. Something we couldn't do with a Berkut's Lance+ build without sacrificing bulk. Infantry Pulse as a bonus as it gives Matthew 2 turn Bonfire or 3 turn Ignis, which, given his potential DEF is pretty nonsense.

Skill Swaps: The rally on the first build is mostly there for points since Nino already runs it. A Rally ATK/SPD or positioning skill like Swap make strong alternatives. Ignis also is a far superior skill on Lukas to Aether and improves his overall performance.

Role: The tank. If something touches Lukas, it's going to die, and if it doesn't it's probably near death. He soaks up all ranged damage short of Reinhardt or powerful green mages and finishes them off on the counter. If we sacrifice the points and swap Aether out for Ignis, he's proccing that every combat and becomes a literal wall of death.

Weaknesses: He's no Clair, Shanna or Florina. He'll shrug off physical attacks and most ranged but his kit does not cover the entire spectrum of magic. Green mages will likely delete him without extensive buff stacking (and maybe even then) and Dragons will potentially give him problems as well, especially Myrrh. That and his entire gameplan and kit is based around Enemy Phase. He has virtually no player phase presence whatsoever.

TL;DR

Hard Counters: Green Mages, Colorless healers, TA Greens, Myrrh.

Soft Counters: Fae, Blue Dragons, Bold Fighter Green Armors.

Support Partner: Matthew

With this team, I don't really think there's anything I couldn't handle content wise. It lacks a healer for something like Tempest or CC, but as far as Arena goes I don't think there's anything that could stop them. I doubt they function well as a Defense team as they are a bit surgical as a unit.

As far as healers go, I would probably swap out Lukas with the healer I would want to take up to +10.

Serra (Descendant of Sheep):

Hide contents

QwJhGJl.pngcReBgQt.png

Left Serra: With this build she's the spiritual successor to my Genny right down to the Physic+ staff. Hits hard (and fast), cripples enemy movement and doubles as a magic soak and buff bot. Simple, sweet and with the added bonus of doubling, something Genny could almost never do.

Right Serra: The more traditional high end healer build with extensive damage across the spectrum. Miracle thrown in so she can also be used as a panic button in the worst of cases.

Role: The Healer. Obviously. She heals and can either buff stats or cripple the opponent. Genny serves me well now and Serra will do the same in the future.

Skill Swaps: The staff and special skill would be swapped out as necessary. For the pain build Poison Strike may be better than Wrathful Staff since killing outright isn't necessarily the endgame for her.

Weaknesses: 1 range units obviously. Serra doesn't want to see combat and as long as she initiates, she never will. She can take one hit from just about anyone, after that she's done.

Support Partner: Chrom/Sword unit.

The Genny/Ayra combo has served me quite well and I can't imagine I could go wrong sticking to my guns.

These are my endgame units and what's funny is that most of it is all realistic and I have some of the fodder necessary already. Stuff like a +10 Lyn or Hector obviously is a dream only possible to a whale, but as far as realistic goals go: These are my most desired units to +10. Only headscratcher is Chrom who I've only ever pulled 3 of (and I foddered one off for Sol, doh.). I like a couple of other units that I wouldn't mind +10ing like Eliwood, Athena, Rebecca, Marth, Sothe and most prominently: Raven. But these 5 stand at the top of my list of most desired "endgame" units.

So yeah, you all got to pick my brain a bit just now if you spared the time.

Quickened Pulse is completely useless on that 2nd Lukas. Like, I can't think of any situations where it would make a difference. Slaying Lance already makes Aether a 4 cooldown.  It won't make a difference for even an enemy that can't double Lukas. The Breath skills give your attacks a bonus -1 cooldown as well. Since your end goal is to get a full team of +10's, aside from a slightly higher score, DC won't be nearly as practical in the arena at that point. Consider giving him Warding Breath instead of or as well as Steady Breath. Also, you should go with +Def and use Bonfire over Aether unless you really need to maximize your arena score. QP seal will be needed with the Berkut's Lance for a 1st attack special proc or just run Ignis. Dragons are really popular in the meta right now so Warding Breath with Berkut's Lance will really be able to trivialize all but Fae and Myrrh. For the 2nd build, give the Slaying Lance +Def. Berkut's is for Res/mixed tanking, Slaying should focus entirely on Def tanking.

Now that Warding Breath is here, I could totally see Berkut's lance being a viable build for Lukas. With a neutral Res he gets up to 40 Res at +10.

Friend me. Maybe you can get my Lukas on the next VG to see him in action in all of his +10 glory.

It's funny, I am currently building a +10 Serra. I have all of the copies needed and am already at +8. I just need the time to finish merging and then level her up, and promote her skill fodder. I went with +Spd/-Res.

49 minutes ago, Sylphid said:

The Awakening Falchion upgrade is a bit awkward since it requires careful positioning and would't work well with wings of mercy since it's melee fighters that see the brunt of most attacks and not ranged units who prefer to one shot the opponent. Pass on it since there are better refinements. Could work on Chrom since he's tanky and would appreciate a defensive buff with the bond spectrum refinement. 

Siegmund is good, but not as great as Basilikios since Raven doesn't even need offensive specials anymore. I don't recommend double life and death since he could croak quite easily. Fury let's him regain some of those defensive stats he lost as well as getting into desperation range more easily. Give him heavy blade seal and galeforce.

Go with Basilikos.

Edited by silveraura25

11 hours ago, Anacybele said:

So? Ike should still be able to hit her harder than he was doing and not take much damage in return.

If we are looking at Neutral Ike and Myrrh both with Default skills + QR(since that is quite fieldable for both). We have Ike's 52(62) attack vs Myrrh's 39 defense. Ike should do 23 damage. Or just over half her HP. An HP Seal would give her enough HP to survive a double. On the flip side Myrrh has 55(44) attack vs Ike's 21 resistance. Myrrh does 23 damage to Ike. Over half his HP, and unlike Myrrh an HP Seal won't let him survive being doubled. Neither can double the other so QR is the only way a double is occurring. So simply put whoever attacks whom first loses. Which is pretty standard for Enemy Phase vs Enemy Phase units I would think. Warding Breath was left out since I was assuming Ike was attacking, but with Warding Breath Myrrh can't kill even with a double. Not that she can double him when she is initiating anyways.

Myrrh can be a royal pain if you have to attack into her and lack Dragon Effectiveness or the ability to double her. 33 SPD AND 35 Defense is the minimum for a neutral Myrrh. If you fail either check you won't double. So a +SPD Vanguard Ike should win when initiating. He has 35 defense and has 33 spd at +SPD and as such should kill her with his second attack before she gets her second counter.

1 hour ago, Sylphid said:

The Awakening Falchion upgrade is a bit awkward since it requires careful positioning and would't work well with wings of mercy since it's melee fighters that see the brunt of most attacks and not ranged units who prefer to one shot the opponent. Pass on it since there are better refinements. Could work on Chrom since he's tanky and would appreciate a defensive buff with the bond spectrum refinement. Though my entire statement can be invalidated with guidance SS.

Siegmund is good, but not as great as Basilikios since Raven doesn't even need offensive specials anymore. I don't recommend double life and death since he could croak quite easily. Fury let's him regain some of those defensive stats he lost as well as getting into desperation range more easily. Give him heavy blade seal and galeforce.

Go with Basilikos.

Edited by silveraura25

6 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

The Awakening Falchion upgrade is a bit awkward since it requires careful positioning and would't work well with wings of mercy since it's melee fighters that see the brunt of most attacks and not ranged units who prefer to one shot the opponent. Pass on it since there are better refinements. Could work on Chrom since he's tanky and would appreciate a defensive buff with the bond spectrum refinement. 

Go with Basilikos.

Thanks for the pointers. I was aware Basilikos is the best one, but was considering Ephraim since he forms my infatry team core with Nino, plus he's been doing work since he was added to Heroes so I'm attached. Lucina... Probably just "because Falchion".

I wish I had Fury fodder, aside from the free one we got recently I haven't seen a Hinata (or any of the other 3/4* heroes with great inheritable skills. Except all these Hanas) in months. I can give him Swift Sparrow though.

27 minutes ago, Sylphid said:

Thanks for the pointers. I was aware Basilikos is the best one, but was considering Ephraim since he forms my infatry team core with Nino, plus he's been doing work since he was added to Heroes so I'm attached. Lucina... Probably just "because Falchion".

I wish I had Fury fodder, aside from the free one we got recently I haven't seen a Hinata (or any of the other 3/4* heroes with great inheritable skills. Except all these Hanas) in months. I can give him Swift Sparrow though.

I wish you luck on your arena runs with Raven massacring all those that stand in his way.

2 hours ago, Sylphid said:

Yup me too. I want more stones and more dew to optimize my units since I have a lot of cool teams in mind. My top priorities for Divine Dew currently are Divine Naga for Julia and LnD Basilikos for Raven. But there's also Guidance Hinoka's Spear and Takumi's Fujin Yumi that might work pretty well in a team with Sakura and Ryoma :D. Anyways, off to grinding!

2 hours ago, Usana said:

If we are looking at Neutral Ike and Myrrh both with Default skills + QR(since that is quite fieldable for both). We have Ike's 52(62) attack vs Myrrh's 39 defense. Ike should do 23 damage. Or just over half her HP. An HP Seal would give her enough HP to survive a double. On the flip side Myrrh has 55(44) attack vs Ike's 21 resistance. Myrrh does 23 damage to Ike. Over half his HP, and unlike Myrrh an HP Seal won't let him survive being doubled. Neither can double the other so QR is the only way a double is occurring. So simply put whoever attacks whom first loses. Which is pretty standard for Enemy Phase vs Enemy Phase units I would think. Warding Breath was left out since I was assuming Ike was attacking, but with Warding Breath Myrrh can't kill even with a double. Not that she can double him when she is initiating anyways.

Myrrh can be a royal pain if you have to attack into her and lack Dragon Effectiveness or the ability to double her. 33 SPD AND 35 Defense is the minimum for a neutral Myrrh. If you fail either check you won't double. So a +SPD Vanguard Ike should win when initiating. He has 35 defense and has 33 spd at +SPD and as such should kill her with his second attack before she gets her second counter.

My RD Ike is +HP, -Spd. I don't know what those Myrrhs I faced were doing, but my Ike only did like 8 damage to her while she doubled and killed him. -Spd shouldn't have meant anything, these Myrrhs had no buffs and her speed isn't that high.

Edited by Anacybele

8? That is well beyond even +DEF territory. The doubling and killing is rather normal as I showed, but only taking 8 is insane. Even a +DEF +10 Myrrh would need two stacks of Close Defense to pull that off(it would be 7 damage at that point). So yeah my guess is that Myrrh you faced had doubled CD or Close Defense Seal plus Steady Stance or some such. Which is enough to make me feel like a small fish.

Edited by Usana

3 minutes ago, Usana said:

8? That is well beyond even +DEF territory. The doubling and killing is rather normal as I showed, but only taking 8 is insane. Even a +DEF +10 Myrrh would need two stacks of Close Defense to pull that off(it would be 7 damage at that point). So yeah my guess is that Myrrh you faced had doubled CD or Close Defense Seal plus Steady Stance or some such. Which is enough to make me feel like a small fish.

Yeah, see, that's why I started thinking hackers might've found a way in again...

Nah, I've been regularly on the other end of that equation, Myrrh surprises even me sometimes when I wince after putting her in a vulnerable position and then look back to see she's just destroyed a unit like BK or Ayra. I should have more faith in her by now but I regularly overestimate WTA effects.

Maybe it was a defense tile? I remember cackling like a maniac when a BK suicided into Myrrh doing 0 damage. +Res -Atk, Fury, QR, Close Def seal. Fair and balanced unit.

Doing the calcs with a defensive tile: Ike 62 effective atk, +def Myrrh with her default Fury goes to 42+12 = 54 def, so 8 damage exactly, without the need for Close Def. Incidentally, Close Def + Fortify Dragons would also give 12 total defense so the same 8 damage is observed. Perhaps that's the more likely scenario. 10 damage if it was a regular Fortify Defense.

Edited by Humanoid

Well I made a "purple" ranged team for the ranged training maps that did very well and I may use it as a regular team.  It consists of Lyon, Sonya, Leon and Tailtiu(my next 20k will go to make her 5*).  I have not really finished their skills yet since I don't have fodder but they did way better then I thought with their base kits.  

@Vaximillian

So guess who appeared on a red orb on love abounds banner?

Spoiler

Screenshot_20180210-120638.png

The best gift!

Also, with weapon refinements, me broadening my unit team composition and such, I decided to redo a lot of supports. One of them were eliminating the old Xander x Rein bond and forging a Gunnthrá x Xander bond which seems pretty fitting to me as Xander may think Gunnthrá is Veronica.

Now if CYL Veronica ends to be a green cav, then I will arrange a wedding for them.

38 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

@Vaximillian

So guess who appeared on a red orb on love abounds banner?

Reveal hidden contents

Screenshot_20180210-120638.png

The best gift!

Oh, nice. Is she minus atk? Also, here is mine Incase you want to have a build idea:

Spoiler

UvGb41h.jpg

+atk/-res. Came to me as an off focus during the Halloween banner. This was after getting H!Nowi, during the time when I was trying to get H!Jakob and H!Henry

3 hours ago, silveraura25 said:

I wish you luck on your arena runs with Raven massacring all those that stand in his way.

And just when I was getting into having fun with Dragon Emblem. Why am I lying to myself I'm still going to have fun with Dragon Emblem.

2 hours ago, Quintessence said:

Anyways, off to grinding!

The mantra of every mobage.

(Also if I wasn't ignoring evolving weapons I would have Julia's Naga as a high priority refinement, possibly right behind Ephraim on the list)

So the FEH Japanese website offers tips for the GHBs. Only problem is... It's in Japanese.
https://fire-emblem-heroes.com/ja/topics/index.html?id=detail-20180209_02

Tomorrow Xander. I know who my next 5* is. All this talk of when is Xander coming back from when I started in August has gotten me excited.

Edited by silveraura25

41 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

Oh, nice. Is she minus atk? Also, here is mine Incase you want to have a build idea:

Reveal hidden contents

UvGb41h.jpg

+atk/-res. Came to me as an off focus during the Halloween banner. This was after getting H!Nowi, during the time when I was trying to get H!Jakob and H!Henry

So far I have her in a "partial" state. I'm aware most love LnD Celica but I'd rather promote a Hana or get a Sothe to have complete skills ^^'. Thanks for the input!

6 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I literally spent all fourty-something of my orbs on blues for no reason. Now I’m left with two and a handful of trash. Why am I so weak and stupid?

Be positive Mr. Cat, something good awaits you at the horizon

more florinas