Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

7 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

Be positive Mr. Cat, something good awaits you at the horizon

more florinas

It incuded a −Atk Odin (EVERY Odin except one had been −Atk), a −Atk Tailtiu (will become Drive Spd for Marth whenever I get a better one), an irrelevant Est (any Est that isn’t Atk/Def is irrelevant), a couple of Donnies for no reason, a nice Shanna (Desperation), a nice Oscar (Lancebreaker!), and a Sully (Draw Back! and Swordbreaker too, I guess).

But it also included a sense of uselessness.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

@Zeo Your future team comp seem great, I like the DC Lukas build so if you run into Winter Tharjas he can bait and take care of her, probably helps out against Archer Jakob as well.Just my thought, I haven't fought the endgame teams in arena yet so my input isn't as great as Ice Dragon's.

41 minutes ago, Lau said:

I have to say, the Ranged Training Map was a godsend. It allowed me to max level Reinhardt, Brave!Lyn, Brave!Eirika, NY!Corrin and Micaiah.

It trully is but I prefer my Warriors map for the music and all ^^'. It helped me train Celica, Love!Lyn and L'Arachel super fast. L'Arachel has Wind Blessing, so in two or three sessions she learned Fort Cavalry.

@Tybrosion @Vaximillian oh god how I forget Est and Oboro, they fly up high with dem feathers. On my lucky pulls I got 2 Kleins from colorless pool and guess what, I don't know who the fuck wants Death Blow because Hinoka, my first candidate, just migrated to Naginata mode, Camilla is most likely getting the same treatment, and Abel seems like a waste to give him DB 3.

Edited by Quintessence

5 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

It trully is but I prefer my Warriors map for the music and all ^^'.

But the training map has the main theme from Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light! The original one, on NES! In all its 8-bit glory!

Anyone else feel like certain unit types are following the same stereotype as of late? Most new red swords we get are fast and powerful, red mages are somewhat balanced, blue mages are fast for the most part, axes tend to get slow and defensive units.

Edited by silveraura25

7 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Hey everybody, what will you do with your 2 brand new copies of Xander tomorrow? Merge? Armored blow fodder? 

Aw shit. Thanks for reminding me that because he is getting an infernal difficulty, completing it means another Xander. I just made enough room for the two copies of Valentine's Eliwood and one extra unit... WHY DO I HAVE SO MUCH SPACE ISSUES!?

Also, Xander doesn't give any full passives as a 4*. You can only get Armored Blow 2 or Spur Def 2 from him. Otherwise, welcome to Blazing Light. The only other units I remember who do this are Clair and Roderick, the only units with a B movement passive that don't have a full A or C passive like Barst, Beruka, Clive, Draug, or Olivia and technically Eldigan, but he's a 5* only unit. At least Roderick gives Rally Def/Res.

Edited by Kaden

5 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Hey everybody, what will you do with your 2 brand new copies of Xander tomorrow? Merge? Armored blow fodder? 

Saving them for merges of course. We've got other units for Armored Blow and it's not that great of a skill

Edited by silveraura25

6 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Doesn't Xander not get either of his skills until 5-star?

Yes, he doesn't for some reason. Clair also doesn't learn Spur Spd 3 as a 4* when almost all the other characters with similar skills (Lunge, Drag Back, Knock Back) max their other passive as a 4*.

Edited by Tybrosion

1 hour ago, Vaximillian said:

But the training map has the main theme from Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light! The original one, on NES! In all its 8-bit glory!

Nah, Justice RIP in all its (Warriors) glory!

30 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Anyone else feel like certain unit types are following the same stereotype as of late? Most new red swords we get are fast and powerful, red mages are somewhat balanced, blue mages are fast for the most part, axes tend to get slow and defensive units.

Raven says hi!

22 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Nah I'm not into merging special heroes, 20K feathers are too preciois to me for +2 stats on a unit I don't regularly use (nowadays).

Also, my luck is capping or something because I just got a Sothe, which means LnD 6 Raven will be a thing in a few days if I get 40 or 50 more stones.

1 minute ago, Tybrosion said:

Yes, he doesn't for some reason. Clair also doesn't learn Spur Spd 3 as a 4* when almost all the other characters with similar skills (Lunge, Drag Back, Knock Back) max their other passive as a 4*.

Okay, so I wasn't remembering wrong. Unless you want his AoE special, I guess Xander's not good fodder. (Unless you wanted to use him to help pass down ward skills, I guess.)

1 minute ago, Quintessence said:

Nah, Justice RIP in all its (Warriors) glory!

Raven says hi!

Nah I'm not into merging special heroes, 20K feathers are too preciois to me for +2 stats on a unit I don't regularly use (nowadays).

Also, my luck is capping or something because I just got a Sothe, which means LnD 6 Raven will be a thing in a few days if I get 40 or 50 more stones.

All I'm saying is that axe users tend to be slow and sturdy. There are fast ones, but they're like red sword tanks among red swords.

13 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Okay, so I wasn't remembering wrong. Unless you want his AoE special, I guess Xander's not good fodder. (Unless you wanted to use him to help pass down ward skills, I guess.)

In general it's not a great idea to use GHB units for inheriting skills unless there's a rare skill or weapons (ie something normally locked to a 5* like a Ploy) and the consensus is the unit is underwhelming. Oliver and to a lesser degree Berkut, for example, fits both. 

22 minutes ago, SilvertheShadow said:

In general it's not a great idea to use GHB units for inheriting skills unless there's a rare skill or weapons (ie something normally locked to a 5* like a Ploy) and the consensus is the unit is underwhelming. Oliver and to a lesser degree Berkut, for example, fits both. 

Not gonna lie, I used my two spare Arvis to give defense ploy to Florina and Joshua. Since I don't merge my 5-stars anyway (I'd rather have a variety of 5-stars than promoting the same one over and over again) and I still have the one Arvis. I should probably promote him, but I don't know if I need yet another red mage. Sanaki, Celica, Mage Eirika, and Lilina fulfill all of my red mage needs, and I have Leo in case I need a backup.

1 hour ago, Kaden said:

Also, Xander doesn't give any full passives as a 4*. You can only get Armored Blow 2 or Spur Def 2 from him. Otherwise, welcome to Blazing Light.

I was not really serious about foddering him off, armored blow is a rather underwhelming skill. 

About your space issues: send some 3* healers home or spend an orb. 

1 hour ago, silveraura25 said:

Saving them for merges of course. We've got other units for Armored Blow and it's not that great of a skill

Xander is one of the few GHB units I would merge at 5*. To think I merged my two Xanders at 4* then for SP to have him ready faster... ouch. 

48 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

That's my opinion as well, but I'd do an exception for Xander though. 

1 minute ago, Sunwoo said:

Not gonna lie, I used my two spare Arvis to give defense ploy to Florina and Joshua. Since I don't merge my 5-stars anyway (I'd rather have a variety of 5-stars than promoting the same one over and over again) and I still have the one Arvis. I should probably promote him, but I don't know if I need yet another red mage. Sanaki, Celica, Mage Eirika, and Lilina fulfill all of my red mage needs, and I have Leo in case I need a backup.

You could think of Arvis as less of a red mage and more of a ploy bot and self-sustaining support unit because of Recover Ring.

Just now, mampfoid said:

About your space issues: send some 3* healers home or spend an orb. 

Or build a couple of units which includes a healer or two... It's not like I have Est, Felicia, and Roderick with great natures and I didn't just summon a +Spd, -HP Selena who has an easy Fury, Renewal, and Ignis build. Or that stupid idea of giving Gunter Seal Atk 3 and Bonfire/Luna to emulate a slow, axe version of Catria.

Well, at least I know that Valentine's Eliwood is getting Ward Armor from my numerous sword guarDians along with Swap and Pivot. Not sure if I should dump Wary Fighter on him for shits and giggles. If only Bold and Vengeful Fighter were more common. Now that I think about it, why didn't they give Valentine's Hector either of those skills? Hector in general is as busted as can be, so why not just make him even more busted. If anything, it'd print more money by people trying to summon for him and either of those skills.

Anyway, I refuse to (willingly) expand beyond 540 slots. For my purposes, 540 units is ridiculous and I really don't need 540 units. Expanding is like stepping around the main issue of keeping around units that I feel like would be useful in the future, but don't use them, so they're sitting around doing nothing. Basically, the common issue in RPGs where you hoard powerful items and/or weapons/armor that have a catch or limited uses, but you never use them even at the end of the damned game. It's time I address the real problem.

4 minutes ago, Kaden said:

You could think of Arvis as less of a red mage and more of a ploy bot and self-sustaining support unit because of Recover Ring.

Fair enough on that, although I question whether I need that right now. I guess I can mull on it a bit longer. Trying to decide whether I need skill fodder or an extra unit first. Most likely skill fodder.

18 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Basically, the common issue in RPGs where you hoard powerful items and/or weapons/armor that have a catch or limited uses, but you never use them even at the end of the damned game. It's time I address the real problem.

That is true in general, but in heroes you need feathers to take advantage of most "items/units" you hord in your baracks. 

38 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I only promoted one Arvis and sacked the other two for defense ploy. From experience Arvis is amazing for healing in TT, but outside of that fairly lackluster. I can’t say you’re missing much, but should you find your units getting worn down in TT he’s worth a look.

I also agree that merges tend to be an annoyance more than anything, especially when the units are only available at 3 or 4* rarity. 

@mcsilas With Distant Def 3, Lukas is hitting 38 RES when attacked by mages and that's without things like Rallies, spurs, supports or of course, Matthew's influence. Plus Matt can more or less deal with them if he's running the seal himself. Rein's the only real issue which Nino can take care of with DD3. Nino/Chrom have to get the jump on green mages but in the worst case Matt can generally kill those too.

I'm at the point where merges have to matter. These are units I like and passion projects. I was never one for merges but the idea of making units you like the best units in your arsenal is one of the most appealing things in this game and IS knows it which is why Summoner Support is now a thing. If you're ever considering merging a unit, pick a favorite no matter who they are, and your desire to merge them will be vastly different to that of any other unit. That and your satisfaction level as you see that + value slowly go up over time.

9 hours ago, Hawk King said:

Quickened Pulse is completely useless on that 2nd Lukas. Like, I can't think of any situations where it would make a difference. Slaying Lance already makes Aether a 4 cooldown.  It won't make a difference for even an enemy that can't double Lukas. The Breath skills give your attacks a bonus -1 cooldown as well. Since your end goal is to get a full team of +10's, aside from a slightly higher score, DC won't be nearly as practical in the arena at that point. Consider giving him Warding Breath instead of or as well as Steady Breath. Also, you should go with +Def and use Bonfire over Aether unless you really need to maximize your arena score. QP seal will be needed with the Berkut's Lance for a 1st attack special proc or just run Ignis. Dragons are really popular in the meta right now so Warding Breath with Berkut's Lance will really be able to trivialize all but Fae and Myrrh. For the 2nd build, give the Slaying Lance +Def. Berkut's is for Res/mixed tanking, Slaying should focus entirely on Def tanking.

Now that Warding Breath is here, I could totally see Berkut's lance being a viable build for Lukas. With a neutral Res he gets up to 40 Res at +10.

Friend me. Maybe you can get my Lukas on the next VG to see him in action in all of his +10 glory.

It's funny, I am currently building a +10 Serra. I have all of the copies needed and am already at +8. I just need the time to finish merging and then level her up, and promote her skill fodder. I went with +Spd/-Res.

I knew I had a brainfart on that second build. In that case I would likely run Guard and QR instead of QP. Warding Breath is definitely an option to help deal with Nowi I admit, I would probably stick with Aether for scoring purposes but Bonfire is something he already has and I could swap it at any time if need be.

QP on Berkut's Lance doesn't really work though because it undermines his ability to tank ranged magic which would probably be a thing for quite a while until I were to get past the point of something like +10 mages. I'm not married to a +RES refinement on the Slaying Lance though. Just wasn't entirely sure what to go for so propping up DEF could be an option, it reduces his ability to deal with Dragons though, particularly Nowi who would likely be the biggest problem child of the team.

I went with +SPD/-HP on Serra since that's what I got. I have enough copies to get her to +6 but she's at +0 since I'm saving feathers for Matthew. And yeah I'm going to send you a request before the day is out. I'll tag you here with my in-game name when I do.

10 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

That is true in general, but in heroes you need feathers to take advantage of most "items/units" you hord in your baracks. 

That assumes one doesn't hoard feathers as well. Actually, it's more like they're building up because I don't have many units I want to promote to 5* let alone 4*.