Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

3 minutes ago, Kaden said:

I dunno. Probably speed refine because of Windsweep.

I've seen the build before and a friend runs it, but I don't actually know how well it works. I'm assuming it's good for what it does as it uses F!Corrin's speed, she's still the fastest dragon in the game with Ninian being second at 33 base and kid Tiki at 30 base to F!Corrin's 34 base, to safely inflict -7 Atk/Spd on her enemies with a refined Dark Breath+ and Windsweep on player phase. On enemy phase, her enemies will have to deal with -7 Atk/Spd, F!Corrin's high speed and defense, third highest defense at 34 base under adult Tiki's 35 and Myrrh's 36, and if she has Distant Counter, also her ability to target the weaker defensive stat of ranged units.

Phantom Spd 3 would be helpful for Windsweep, but you could give her Close or Distant Def depending in what you need and if and when Def or Res Smoke become seals, they could help out too depending on what your team needs.

I wonder if anyone here is knowledgeable or has experience using a Dark Breath, Windsweep F!Corrin?

I'll do a def refined dark breath. My F!Corrin has 41 spd from fury and a boon, plus she can get a buff. For seal, Distant Def I guess though Close Def makes her nigh unstoppable during enemy phase when dark breath has taken effect.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

2 hours ago, silverserpent said:

With Klein and Clarine both acting as bonus units in this next TT, is it possible IS is hinting at another upcoming Elibe banner with Pent and Louise?

*Crosses fingers*

I hope so, I'll definitely pull both and team them up with their children.

2 hours ago, silverserpent said:

With Klein and Clarine both acting as bonus units in this next TT, is it possible IS is hinting at another upcoming Elibe banner with Pent and Louise?

Oh, yes. I'd go for Louise. Pent will probably be a red mage, but I'm not that into him. Erk could be on the banner, but I'm biased for Heath. Give him to me IS. I want to make Heath X Priscilla a reality.

4 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Oh, yes. I'd go for Louise. Pent will probably be a red mage, but I'm not that into him. Erk could be on the banner, but I'm biased for Heath. Give him to me IS. I want to make Heath X Priscilla a reality.

I was dissatisfied with their ending, so I would definitely do the same. I already paired Raven and Lucius :p

7 hours ago, silveraura25 said:

Xander GHB elite quests almost killed me mentally. 18 stamina potions. At least I have 122 left.

I know, I've used like a dozen Stamina potions the last few days, and I don't feel like going below 300 Stamina potions just for a couple Orbs.

Once Friday rolls around again, I'll try to grind up SP so I can get a decent Infantry team together that doesn't rely on Blade Nino+Bridelia.

38 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Actually I think he might be a green mage as I always end up giving him Excalibur and associate him to wind magic, plus his color palette fits green mages, or even blue mages. But that's just me :P:

17 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

Actually I think he might be a green mage as I always end up giving him Excalibur and associate him to wind magic, plus his color palette fits green mages, or even blue mages. But that's just me :P:

Probably a green mage though I get the feeling he might be our 4* raudrowl mage that'll get demoted and be there to cockblock us from getting Pent.

21 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

2 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Probably a green mage though I get the feeling he might be our 4* raudrowl mage that'll get demoted and be there to cockblock us from getting Pent.

Strictly going by color schemes and completeness for the FE7 Mage trio, I'd have Erk as a Red mage and Pent as a Blue, with Nino already being the Green one.

I'm really struggling on the Infernal quests, as I feared I would. I don't have the best flier team, and I still suck at using armours. 

That being said, I'm proud that I did manage to get the Infantry and Cavalry ones done for Lloyd and the Cavalry one done for Xander so far. I've got really good cavalry and infantry units, so I shouldn't have anything holding me back on them... 

Urgh, oh well. There's a year to go. Hopefully more flier units I want will be released, and they will help towards my goals :) 

@DefaultBeep Ha, this GHB rotation has me thinking about how I'm going to deal with Clarisse when she comes back later this year.

I took a look at the infernal enemy stats and there's a 43 SPD Dagger user with Windsweep (currently Matt's ceiling is 43-44) and a TA Gronnraven tome cav. Especially tricky since I want to have a Clarisse vs Matthew showdown but that might not be possible with all the threats lol. I might have to make him hang back and let Ayra clean house.

19 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

People didn’t seem to appreciate Soren coming with only Tornado+ instead of something less generic.

Thank you for using the right name of A Ranked Wind Magic! :^_^:

4 hours ago, Quintessence said:

He starts with Elfire, and a Physic too if they wanted to be Lucius cruel. His Living Legend "let me kill everyone" self has a Thunder instead of the Physic.

Whatever color he is, I'd definitely want Athos's Apprentice, Erk's Teacher, Count of Reglay, Mage General of Etruria, Husband of Louise, Father to Kiein and Clarine (adopted), Distant In-Law to Hellene Queen of Bern, Friend to the Guardian of Nabata Hawkeye, Admirer of Niime the Hermit and Friend to her son Canas, Employer of Fiora, and Master of Deke, Pent.

So strong, so nice, so free, so intelligent, so regal, and so handsome.

1 hour ago, Cute Chao said:

I'm really struggling on the Infernal quests, as I feared I would. I don't have the best flier team, and I still suck at using armours. 

That being said, I'm proud that I did manage to get the Infantry and Cavalry ones done for Lloyd and the Cavalry one done for Xander so far. I've got really good cavalry and infantry units, so I shouldn't have anything holding me back on them... 

Urgh, oh well. There's a year to go. Hopefully more flier units I want will be released, and they will help towards my goals :) 

What armor units do you have? Arden, Draug, the Black Knight, and Gwendolyn have been used successfully for the quests with Effie sometimes being used and Sheena for some strategies like infernal Michalis because she provides Fortify Armor buffs and has Svalinn's Shield to deal with the lance infantry not to mention being the only 4* summonable axe armor. I substituted Sheena for winter Lissa just to see if it would work and because I was too lazy to give Sheena Swap. It worked, she survived the lance infantry and dealt enough damage on him to let the Black Knight finish him off with Black Luna. Arden and especially the Black Knight take care most of everything while Draug and Gwendolyn provide buffs. So, you could substitute some of them for others like I didn't have enough SP at the time for freebie Gwendolyn to give her Swap and I just recently had Zephiel learn Hone Armors just because and that worked out for infernal Lloyd, Michalis, and Xander.

Some of the strategies need Swap on them which isn't surprising considering it's a staple on armor teams. One infernal Xander strategy requires that Gwendolyn learn Reciprocal Aid to heal the Black Knight. I didn't want to do that, so I used Zephiel instead and had Arden in place of Draug who closed the map out by destroying the healer. Also, some seals might need to be upgraded like Close Def, Distant Def, and at least Spur Spd 2 for the Xander strategy I used or else the Black Knight won't be able to double the green infantry mage with 38 speed.

This was the strategy I used for Xander: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6x2kYa-07u8. Ventus and a couple of others just recently uploaded theirs.

I'm stuck on cavalry and fliers. The Keen Gronnwolf mage is an ass and I don't really know how to approach the fliers quest. One issue I have with the fliers quest is that Hone Fliers is still locked to 5*-only fliers where one of them is a red mage, Halloween Nowi, and she would have been really freaking usefu on her own being able to take out the sword infantry and deal with the green mages. Someone said Elincia could deal with the right side on her own with Distant Def 3 to lower the damage she takes from the mages, but I think she'll need Swordbreaker or be in range of enough Goad buffs that don't cause those fliers to get targeted by and killed by the green mages. Alternatively, Michalis could probably handle the left side, but then the question becomes how do I get pass Xander to deal with the green mages who would likely kill him and probably the blue flier I'd be using to deal with Xander?

I hope Aversa is introduced sometime this year as a GHB. Reina as a regularly available flying archer would be helpful even though she would likely be a 5*-only summon. I will laugh if the upcoming legendary hero is a flying dagger unit.

Edited by Kaden

12 minutes ago, Kaden said:

*Snip*

I'm trying to do it myself first, since I know I have all the best armour units (except the red and blue tomes, but really not fussed on pulling for them) so I have no excuse there. If I fail, I will look up the guides :D My Gwendy is nicely 5*, too, so she should help, and all my armour units have swap. It's just a case of trying to break out my headspace against armours and actually use them properly. Good thing I have a year to do it! 

I shall check out the way you did it, though, if I do struggle :D It'll be useful to see. 

Cavalry is easier with Reinhardt and Sigurd. I think those are the main ones people are using there. I know I needed them. Clive and Leo were my seconds, but they didn't put in anywhere near as much work. 

Fliers is where I really come unstuck. I only really pull for male units, since there are limited orbs and I gave up on getting all the units long ago. However, there are no male tome fliers and no male red fliers at all. I did actually try pulling for Kimono Azura, but gave up when Nephenee pity broke me, having received too many sessions with no greens. The only 5* red flying unit I have is Palla, although I do have several 4* Caedas I would be willing to promote if I could find a way to use her with the fliers I do have (basically all the male ones, plus Cordelia, Bunny Camilla, Palla and Shanna at 5*). 

My biggest hope is that they finally give us some good male fliers, or I get pity broken by Elincia or another strong red flier. 

Oh well. I shall wish you luck with the ones you're struggling at :) I would offer help, but really think you'd be worse off for any tips I could give!

Edited by Cute Chao

Yeah i'm struggling with Flier Emblem against Xander as well because I lack bulky fliers or mage fliers.

this is one map where NY Camilla would have done pretty well if I actually pulled for her. Skyzura is a definite staple for the Flier GHBs now for me. Refreshers are just too useful

Are my eyes deceiving me or is the Sprite Assembly Request Thread gone now?

It doesn't surprise me if it is. The initial team of eager sprite artists eventually faded away and fell to one. It deserved to die.

I'm thankful for getting my one request fulfilled. I should be fine with this.

But there is a little part of me that complains about these two wonderful ideas I had which I was waiting uncertain character to be added first never being fulfillable now. Any other websites that do this? Or links to all the resources to do it myself if I can muster the time, effort and creativity? Does it work on a Mac?

4 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

Cavalry is easier with Reinhardt and Sigurd. I think those are the main ones people are using there. I know I needed them. Clive and Leo were my seconds, but they didn't put in anywhere near as much work. 

T-Adept or double Distant Def 3, QR or G Tomebreaker Xander with Fortify Cavalry buffs works from what I've seen, but I don't have Distant Def 3 sources other than my only Celica and T-Adept is just something I don't want on Xander just because. I'm picky when it comes to what units have what. Mage knight Eirika works as well, but that's a given really considering she and Leo are the only red cavalry mages. Red mage Sacred Stones Selena when? I hope Julie Ann Taylor voices Sacred Stones Selena.

1 minute ago, Kaden said:

T-Adept or double Distant Def 3, QR or G Tomebreaker Xander with Fortify Cavalry buffs works from what I've seen, but I don't have Distant Def 3 sources other than my only Celica and T-Adept is just something I don't want on Xander just because. I'm picky when it comes to what units have what. Mage knight Eirika works as well, but that's a given really considering she and Leo are the only red cavalry mages. Red mage Sacred Stones Selena when? I hope Julie Ann Taylor voices Sacred Stones Selena.

I bump into a fair few arena teams that have TA on Xander, so it might be useful to have it on him. It's not too uncommon a skill. 

I take it you don't have a Sigurd? 

There are a few videos up on YT that don't require a Xander or a Sigurd. Just found one that uses Reinhardt, CYL Lyn, CYL Roy and a 4* +9 Cecilia (although the description says she's only there for buffs so merges shouldn't matter). 

That being said, with the timescales we have, there are plenty of chances for lots of different units to come out :D 

I'd love to see Selena, but then I'd really want Glen to pair them together... I just think they look good together :D But I don't think Glen is popular enough... unless they finally introduce Cormag and then add Glen in to go with him. It's a slim chance...

27 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Thank you for using the right name of A Ranked Wind Magic! :^_^:

I’ll never forgive them for suddenly going with Awakening for that one tome only.

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Are my eyes deceiving me or is the Sprite Assembly Request Thread gone now?

It seems to again have been accidentelly nuked by the mods. @Integrity? @Specta? @Balcerzak? I don’t quite remember who undid the destruction the last time.

I like having these new GHBs to do every day.  I'll be sad when they're done.  I wonder why they only went with 7.  It would have been nice to just put all the old ones back in there.  I also hope we get a chance to get more merges before a whole 'nother year.  I just got my Xander to +3, but hopefully can get him a bit higher sooner rather than later.

I also like all the Blessings we've been getting the last few days.  Maybe now I can be a bit less stingy with them, though I'll need a Hero to actually grant the bonus for a couple of them.

52 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

There are a few videos up on YT that don't require a Xander or a Sigurd. Just found one that uses Reinhardt, CYL Lyn, CYL Roy and a 4* +9 Cecilia (although the description says she's only there for buffs so merges shouldn't matter). 

Do you have a link to that one? That is my primary horse team(well Cecillia is +10 not +9 but close enough) and haven't found a way with it. In fact I have swapped out Cecillia since she wasn't contributing much and tried other units. No dice so far. I just hit a wall where I can't keep up with the needed KO's. Lyn just seems to lack the umph to 1 round anything(boy how I wish I had a +spd Lyn instead of a neutral one).

1 hour ago, Cute Chao said:

I take it you don't have a Sigurd? 

Yeah, I didn't get lucky with him. At least I have his son, wife, and his wife's other husband? :p

37 minutes ago, Usana said:

Do you have a link to that one? That is my primary horse team(well Cecillia is +10 not +9 but close enough) and haven't found a way with it. In fact I have swapped out Cecillia since she wasn't contributing much and tried other units. No dice so far. I just hit a wall where I can't keep up with the needed KO's. Lyn just seems to lack the umph to 1 round anything(boy how I wish I had a +spd Lyn instead of a neutral one).

There's this with Camus (Bonfire, Drawback, Fury 3, Vantage 3, Ward Cavalry, Spd+2 seal), BH Lyn (Draw Back, Ward Cavalry, Atk+3 seal), +Def, -HP Reinhardt (Swap, Moonbow, Death Blow 3, Lancebreaker 3, Sacred Seal Ace E 3 [Atk+3)), and Xander (Bonfire, Draw Back, Def+3, QR2, Hone Cavalry, Distant Def 3 seal): https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/7wv0gt/elite_ghb_xander_cavalry_clear_no_green_units/.

I have a feeling that 5* Ursula Keen Blarwolf+ with Swordbreaker or a speed refine could work. With Xander's Hone Cavalry buff, she'd do 35x2 against the Drive Res 2 buffed sword infantry which kills him since he has 61 HP and unbuffed, she can do 26 (Aegis) + 53 = 79 against the Fortify Cavalry buffed and Water Boost using Xander which kills him since he only has 70 HP. Unique refined Keen Blarwolf+ would nullify Xander's buffs, but a speed refine would let her reach 40 speed with Hone Cavalry to double the sword infantry. Ursula normally takes 22 damage from Xander, but with two allies using Ward Cavalry, she'd take 14 damage instead.

Edited by Kaden