Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

The only character in the game with a movement type that their class didn't have in their original game is Zephiel.

Or at least I'm pretty sure the King class wasn't vulnerable to Armorslayer. It does have armored movement range, though.

Buffs and debuffs that activate at the beginning of the turn activate simultaneously (in other words, buffs don't activate before stat checks for debuffs). The exact order is

1. All currently active buffs expire.
  2. Stat checks for all buffs and debuffs that activate at the beginning of the turn. (Includes Defiant skills.) (Probably includes Wrath.)
  3. Apply buffs and debuffs. (Includes Renewal and Falchion.)

Spur-type skills are in-combat only.

Didn't know the order. I always thought buffs would apply first. Thanks for the info.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

4 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

/Edit: @Ice Dragon This means also Fortify wouldn't have helped? Besides the panic ploy problem. 

Yeah. There's no way to boost your own stats for the purposes of applying Ploy-type debuffs outside of "permanent" stat boosts (Fury, HP Plus, Wind Blessing, etc.). Or debuffing the opponent beforehand (Seal Res, etc., but has to be something that activates on your enemy phase to still be active at the start of your player phase).

Being afflicted with Panic also doesn't hurt your ability to apply Ploy-type debuffs because your own Panicked buffs will expire before the stat comparison.

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Yeah. There's no way to boost your own stats for the purposes of applying Ploy-type debuffs outside of "permanent" stat boosts (Fury, HP Plus, Wind Blessing, etc.). Or debuffing the opponent beforehand (Seal Res, etc., but has to be something that activates on your enemy phase to still be active at the start of your player phase).

Being afflicted with Panic also doesn't hurt your ability to apply Ploy-type debuffs because your own Panicked buffs will expire before the stat comparison.

Ok, thank you. 

No way I'm upgrading the RES+ seal only for this showcase with TTs (and probably new seals) around the corner. 

4 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

@mampfoid did you try giving him res+ sacred seal?

Arvis at 5* has 33 RES. Add Fury and RES+1 seal to arrive at 37, but he needs 39 to activate his ploy on those mages (38 RES each). Like I wrote before, I'm not wasting sacred coins on this seal. 

17 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Arvis at 5* has 33 RES. Add Fury and RES+1 seal to arrive at 37, but he needs 39 to activate his ploy on those mages (38 RES each). Like I wrote before, I'm not wasting sacred coins on this seal. 

Give him a Wind Blessing and run him with Gunnthra, who is totally infantry I swear.

4 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Give him a Wind Blessing and run him with Gunnthra, who is totally infantry I swear.

Hmm, I wanted to hoard 10 of each blessing before to use one.

Is there an unmount functionality for Gunnthrá? I'm not totally convinced she can walk without falling asleep after 2 steps. Perhaps she would be an armor unit without that horse? 

1 minute ago, mampfoid said:

Is there an unmount functionality for Gunnthrá? I'm not totally convinced she can walk without falling asleep after 2 steps. Perhaps she would be an armor unit without that horse? 

Two steps is infantry mobility.

12 hours ago, Usana said:

@Kaden Sadly I lack Camus so that isn't an option. However watching that video does bring up a good point. Very few of my horses have draw back. Most of Reposition. I now need to see if I have draw back fodder. It looks like my team might be able to pull it off with draw back movement.

When his GHB is back again in a week, you could try @Johann's suggestion which I used to complete the quest with 5* Eliwood (+Atk, -Res), BH Roy (+Res, -Def), 5* Titania (+Res, -Atk), and 5* Ursula: https://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?/topic/68256-fire-emblem-heroes-general-discussion-and-links/&do=findComment&comment=5134688. Scroll down a bit and you'll see my post.

Wow Narcian infernal quests were pretty tough. Armoured being the hardest to me while the others are trivialized with TA Raven users.

For armored team I used Lyn, Hector (Ward), Gwendolyn (def Slaying Lance, Earth Boost 3 and HP+3 Seal), BK (Hone).

Gwendy lured enemies with Lyn on her back, once she gets hit I retreat positioning her on the bush to tank Narcian (so pro Gwen), BK chokepoints and the rest regroup. BK tanks bows and swd unit. Next phase BK Black Lunas Narcian after Gwen runs away, Lyn positions herself in the middle of the left oriented T team:

BK

Lyn  Gwen

Hector

By that phase bow knight moonbows Lyn but she survives and counterkills him, Swrd fighter dies on BK as well as Gronnraven cav. After 3 of my team are at like 1hp, Hector gets buffs and counterkills the remaining archer and the TA blue cav.

The rest were pretty easy.

Infantry was Fury Lute, TA Lyon, Nohrzura and anti cav Rhajat.

Lute kills sword unit, is refreshed and everyone fall back. Lyon tanks colorless units and Rhajat kills blue cav. Lyon two rounds Narcian.

Cav team was Sigurd, Cecilia, Rein (goad) and Clarine (ward). Rein deletes swrd ftr, Cecilia repos and tanks. Units fall back while Sigurd tanks Narcian. Cecilia finishes off Narcian (axebreaker) and deletes the rest of the enemies, until green cav approaches and is sliced by sigurd.

Flier team was Elincia (goad), Airzura, Hinoka and Springmilla (TA Raven Iote seal). Hone goad Camilla one shots archer, gets refreshed and repos Azura. I wait for foes as Narcian crosses mountains. Elincia deletes Narcian and drags back, the rest die on buffed goad Camilla while green cav goes right and left hilariously. Hinoka kills swordy and Elincia one shots green cav.

Anyone else finding themselves always hitting the Events button instead of Special Maps every time they want to attempt a GHB? I must have done it well over a dozen times now and I'm showing no signs of learning. It's weird because I never ever really involuntarily hit the Voting Gauntlet button when it was in that spot. Maybe my finger is just irresistably drawn to that swirling yellow vortex?

6 hours ago, silverserpent said:

Also, IS tipped their hand their "canon" ships for Elibe with this TT. Eliwood/Ninian, Hector/Lyn, and Roy/Lilina is all but comfirmed.

I would't really say that. They probably had the Elibe characters represent romantic (Lilina and Roy) and familial (Hector and Lilina, Eliwood and Roy) love as well as friendship (Eliwood, Hector and Lyn). The paralogue explores these themes with the characters' dialogues.

Edited by silveraura25

You know how iPhones have this “people” album and how it just randomly adds photos by itself? (you actually can’t add any yourself)

Well it seems to think Matthew counts as a valid person.

fpM90SS.jpg

I̶g̶n̶o̶r̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶c̶r̶i̶b̶b̶l̶e̶s̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶f̶a̶c̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶I̶ ̶n̶e̶e̶d̶ ̶s̶l̶e̶e̶p̶

Gotta admit, when I first installed FEH and saw the 2* Matthew in the castle, my thought was "is this even a Fire Emblem character?" I mean he's named like a regular guy and looks like a thoroughly ordinary guy, it's almost as if he came out of another franchise.

Obviously now Google has vindicated me.

26 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Gotta admit, when I first installed FEH and saw the 2* Matthew in the castle, my thought was "is this even a Fire Emblem character?" I mean he's named like a regular guy and looks like a thoroughly ordinary guy, it's almost as if he came out of another franchise.

Obviously now Google has vindicated me.

Lol poor Matthew. He is pretty ordinary when compared to most other Fire Emblem characters. Although to be fair, spies like him wouldn’t do well to stand out too much.

5 hours ago, Humanoid said:

Anyone else finding themselves always hitting the Events button instead of Special Maps every time they want to attempt a GHB? I must have done it well over a dozen times now and I'm showing no signs of learning. It's weird because I never ever really involuntarily hit the Voting Gauntlet button when it was in that spot. Maybe my finger is just irresistably drawn to that swirling yellow vortex?

OMG yes. I think it is because of the red exclamation point.

I also hate how the GHBs are at the bottom of the list. I completely flubbed on Lloyds map. By the time I realized it was there, I only had time to do it with an infantry team. Now I have to wait for it to come back around to do the rest of the quests.

16 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

I also hate how the GHBs are at the bottom of the list. I completely flubbed on Lloyds map. By the time I realized it was there, I only had time to do it with an infantry team. Now I have to wait for it to come back around to do the rest of the quests.

I think its good they are at the bottom, at least the daily rotating GHBs. Next week (or 1-2 weeks later) we'll have all missions solved and there won't be a reason to open these for 1 year. 

40 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

I think they should divide the Special Maps section into sub groups or categories: GHB, BHB, DHB, special maps. It is really lame and tedious to scroll all the way down to look for a map, I'd rather have them ordered.

This so much. Usually it's not a problem, but when we get a bunch of special maps at once like now, it becomes bothersome. Warriors Maps was the first time I thought of this, I think

Edited by Sylphid

20 hours ago, silverserpent said:

Also, IS tipped their hand their "canon" ships for Elibe with this TT. Eliwood/Ninian, Hector/Lyn, and Roy/Lilina is all but comfirmed.

I am pretty sure it is Eliwood×Reinhardt based on LA!Roy's genes/stats.