• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

@Ice Dragon@Xenomata Granted, being the axe armor with the most phisical bulk when Firesweep is a meta bow was not doing much favors for the OG Hector, but as Xeno pointed out, he is great right out of the gate for newcomers and his QR+ WF combo is amazing for PvE content (including the curent GHB).

Edited by Crux404

Since chances are high we'll get L!Ike as the free unit, I'm thinking who would be a good candidate for warding breath. So far I could only think of Fae, Dorcas (+RES/-ATK), and BK. 

@HenryKaze101 I know you where guided here from the other topic, but I think this is where you will get your questions most likely answered: 

"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Also add the information about the other team members (Marth, Linde and?) and their builds. Is it your main team? Do you want to boost your arena score with them? 

If there is a feeling I hate, it’s building up a pity percent (4.75 in my case), then getting pity broken by a unit you didn’t want (Jaffar). It hurts even more when they have an odd or bad nature, which the Jaffar does have in +res/-hp. Maybe I should subject him to same fate as that Ayra that pity broke me on the NY!Banner. By that, I mean foddering him off to someone at lv40. I mean, some units of mine could really use LnD right about now....

Is Shiro commonly used? I pulled one last night on the valentine banner. Training him up right now and he takes no damage on enemy phase. I'm thinking of making him a bait tank and pairing him with Julia.

Edit: I just broke the game. Set it to auto for training, its now up to turn 120 cuz neither side is moving :|

Edited by immatx

2 minutes ago, SilvertheShadow said:

So a small update happened. I assume it's one that gives Zelgius his sword back?

It fixed the glitch where the BGM doesn't play in Navarre's Warrior map.  The Zelgius thing is still unfixed as far as I know.

7 hours ago, Xenomata said:

That fact, along with QR2 built into his legendary weapon, makes him great out of the gate. The others require a good amount of building before they can really show their greatest amount of potential, meanwhile Hector is missing a B skill, of which a decently easy one to get is Vantage, an assist, and a different special, usually Bonfire but Glimmer or Moonbow could work as well.

4 hours ago, Crux404 said:

Granted, being the axe armor with the most phisical bulk when Firesweep is a meta bow was not doing much favors for the OG Hector, but as Xeno pointed out, he is great right out of the gate for newcomers and his QR+ WF combo is amazing for PvE content (including the curent GHB).

"Being great out of the gate" has no bearing on whether or not later characters have been better than you.

Take a look at the exact phrase that I quoted in my first post.

@Ice DragonSo you meant other axe armor could fuffil their roles better than Hector. Fair enough. I just took it the wrong way and assumed it was an argument against "Hector being a good character to get". I have no idea how I got that idea though, apologies.

Edited by Crux404

I've been out of the game for a while and just came back for chapter 2 and the new banner. Is it just me or is this game a LOT buggier? I've been crashing on nearly everything with text and had an entire pull session where each draw crashed (incidentally, I got Lyn from the new banner that way so...yay?)...

3 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

"Being great out of the gate" has no bearing on whether or not later characters have been better than you.

Who do you want to be the chosen hero?

Edited by Troykv

4 minutes ago, Troykv said:

Who do you want to be the chosen hero?

I'd honestly be happy with any of them. Hector is a free Distant Counter. Tharja, Ike, and Azura are free merges on characters I don't already have at +10.

Finally got Valentine's Lyn! Pretty sure it ended up taking over 500 orbs, I was getting scared I wouldn't get her at all by the end of the banner. Fortunately I had a huge stockpile going in, but it's gone now.

7 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

It did, in fairness, sound like you said Distant Counter was the ONLY thing Hector had going for him, when he does have good early-game potency (and hasn't that always been some factor in unit goodness across FE?)

Though also, Sheena was in the game since the start, and it's not like her best set could only be achieved once a certain skill came out... I guess it counts since she got better because of Skill Inheritance...

4 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

It did, in fairness, sound like you said Distant Counter was the ONLY thing Hector had going for him, when he does have good early-game potency (and hasn't that always been some factor in unit goodness across FE?)

It kind of is the only thing Hector has going for him once you get out of the early game, and unlike in regular Fire Emblem games, once players leave the early game, they're out of it forever.

From a purely resource-management perspective, Hector has more value as a source of Distant Counter (and Goad Armor) than as a unit.

5 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Though also, Sheena was in the game since the start, and it's not like her best set could only be achieved once a certain skill came out... I guess it counts since she got better because of Skill Inheritance...

Yeah, the implementation of Skill Inheritance allowed Sheena to surpass Hector as an enemy-phase unit due to her better stat spread for the job, and the implementation of the Weapon Refinery widened the gap further.

So the next trailer should drop on the 21:st (for most of us), right? What kind of banner are you expecting? I personally believe we'll get a Thracia banner with Leif, Finn, Nanna and Brigid, though that might be because of my lack of knowledge of the game and I don't know other important names. I do, however, think it's finally Leif's turn to join now. 

Besides the Laguz and Leif, what other major/popular characters are we missing?

To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if we got a Binding Blade banner in the near future. Not sure who the upcoming GHB could be in that case though... Maybe Idunn?

But yeah, Thracia's a fairly safe bet, that or Genealogy Gen 2. If it is one of those, maybe Ishtar'll be the GHB?

1 minute ago, ILikeKirbys said:

To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if we got a Binding Blade banner in the near future. Not sure who the upcoming GHB could be in that case though... Maybe Idunn?

But yeah, Thracia's a fairly safe bet, that or Genealogy Gen 2. If it is one of those, maybe Ishtar'll be the GHB?

Binding Blade, like Awakening, has had no permanent additions so far, right? I'd spend a lot of orbs trying to get Niime.

At first I thought the "???" for the GHB was to mask a special kind of character, but now I believe it'd make it easy to guess which banner will be next. 

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I expect one of three things: Thracia, Awakening, and Genealogy Gen 2.
Please be the latter, with Ishtar as the GHB.

I think the Laguz would need an update first, so I'm with you. I do think Awakening's second generation also needs to finally show up, too. I still can't believe the Fates kiddos got in first.

Regardless, as the only main character not in the game yet, I believe Leif should be prioritized.

I hope it is Thracia because that one is the only FE I haven't played, which gives me time to save orbs. 

Still, with the recent developments I'd say it will be one of Thracia, Binding Blade or Awakening Gen 2 because none of those games have gotten any new additions. I think Genealogy Gen 2 will come kinda soon-ish thanks to Ishtar's newfound popularity but that's somewhere between 2-3 months from now may the gods help me if they release it alongside CYL2.

1 minute ago, Thane said:

Binding Blade, like Awakening, has had no permanent additions so far, right? I'd spend a lot of orbs trying to get Niime.

I most likely wouldn't spend Orbs on a Binding Blade banner, but I would be interested in seeing who got in on it.

1 minute ago, Thane said:

At first I thought the "???" for the GHB was to mask a special kind of character, but now I believe it'd make it easy to guess which banner will be next. 

I honestly thought it might be Veronica at first. But yeah, knowing who the next GHB's gonna be probably would make it too easy to guess the next banner.

So who do you think it'll be?

1 minute ago, ILikeKirbys said:

So who do you think it'll be?

Like I wrote above, I believe it'll be Leif, Finn, Nanna and Brigid. My other prediction would be some second generation Awakening characters, maybe with female Morgan and Owain due to their high placement in the most recent CYL.

Laguz and other beast units are probably in the works but will need more time or a bigger update before they join. At least that's what I'm expecting.