• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

34 minutes ago, Thane said:

So the next trailer should drop on the 21:st (for most of us), right? What kind of banner are you expecting? I personally believe we'll get a Thracia banner with Leif, Finn, Nanna and Brigid, though that might be because of my lack of knowledge of the game and I don't know other important names. I do, however, think it's finally Leif's turn to join now. 

Besides the Laguz and Leif, what other major/popular characters are we missing?

I would love to see a Binding Blade Banner, with Murdock or Brunnya as a GHB. I know Milady is a fan favorite, so she could be added in as our first summonable lance wyvern. I know Lot scored high on CYL1, so he is an option. As for the other unit, it could be Dieck or Sue to round out the colors

1 minute ago, Poimagic said:

I would love to see a Binding Blade Banner, with Murdock or Brunnya as a GHB. I know Milady is a fan favorite, so she could be added in as our first summonable lance wyvern. I know Lot scored high on CYL1, so he is an option. As for the other unit, it could be Dieck or Sue to round out the colors

There can't be a Binding Blade banner without Niime though. I mean those are just the facts.

6 minutes ago, Thane said:

There can't be a Binding Blade banner without Niime though. I mean those are just the facts.

You are right about that.

In all reality, how high did Niime score out of the other Binding Blade Characters. Actually, who where the highest 5 binding Blade characters on CYL2 not in the game?

5 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

Actually, who where the highest 5 binding Blade characters on CYL2 not in the game?

101. Hector (2,419 votes);
151. Idunn (1,697 votes);
159. Rutger (1,561 votes);
230. Lugh (1,038 votes);
239. Dieck (980 votes);
and in case you don’t count Hector, there’s 265. Gonzalez (857 votes).

Niime is 543rd with 197 votes.

Edited by Vaximillian

4 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

In all reality, how high did Niime score out of the other Binding Blade Characters. Actually, who where the highest 5 binding Blade characters on CYL2 not in the game?

There was a thread about this on Reddit. For Binding Blade, it's

1) Bearded Hector
2) Idunn
3) Rutger
4) Lugh
5) Dieck

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

101. Hector (2,419 votes);
151. Idunn (1,697 votes);
159. Rutger (1,561 votes);
230. Lugh (1,038 votes);
239. Dieck (980 votes);
and in case you don’t count Hector, there’s 265. Gonzalez (857 votes).

Well there you go.

That's actually pretty high up for Binding Blade characters, all things considered.

So the post on the main site made me realize how much I want, nay, need Elena and Gawain in Heroes. I already have their kids, let me get the family together at least in alternate reality IS.

@Thane If I'm not wrong, wasn't female Morgan the highest voted non-Leif non-laguz (or beast, one of the Awakening/Fates beasts might have been higher) in the second CYL?

(Really I just want Maribelle though)

4 minutes ago, Sylphid said:

If I'm not wrong, wasn't female Morgan the highest voted non-Leif non-laguz (or beast, one of the Awakening/Fates beasts might have been higher) in the second CYL?

She was.

She was 22nd with 8,394 votes, right after one of the Fates beasts, Selkie, with 8,855 votes.

5 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I just realized I have 999,999 Universal Crystals.  I don't think I've ever used them.

They hard cap so any more you get will go to waste. I was on pace to hit 999,999 by now too but I spent all of my red ones so I could use some of my universal crystals. It is actually nice to be able to Lv40 some units without any of the usual grind.

10 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

They hard cap so any more you get will go to waste. I was on pace to hit 999,999 by now too but I spent all of my red ones so I could use some of my universal crystals. It is actually nice to be able to Lv40 some units without any of the usual grind.

I'm at 800k universal crystals and 280k universal shards. Thing is, you can't use crystals without using shards on level 1 units. 

To promote fodder, only shards are used. To promote units to actually play, it's better to level them up manually to gain more SP. 

Edited by mampfoid

1 minute ago, mampfoid said:

I'm at 800k universal crystals and 280k universal shards. Thing is, you can't use crystals without using shards on level 1 units. 

It takes about 5,000 shards to hit LV 20. With your shards you can do that to over 50 units.

I'm at the point where I have been saving this stuff for so long I mind as well start using my resources.

4 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

It takes about 5,000 shards to hit LV 20. With your shards you can do that to over 50 units.

I'm at the point where I have been saving this stuff for so long I mind as well start using my resources.

To promote fodder, only shards are used. To promote units to actually play, it's better to level them up manually to gain more SP. So Crystals are pretty useless unless you really need a unit for a mission or arena bonus. 

1 hour ago, Sylphid said:

@Thane If I'm not wrong, wasn't female Morgan the highest voted non-Leif non-laguz (or beast, one of the Awakening/Fates beasts might have been higher) in the second CYL?

She reached #13 or something, if memory serves, so still behind characters like all the lords, Cordelia, etc. Still a very respectable spot. Too bad Cynthia is on spot 200 something. 

1 hour ago, Sylphid said:

(Really I just want Maribelle though)

Don't we all. 

Double SP events and TTs  make gainig SP very fast. It doesn't matter if you get kills while leveling or if you kill a bunch of LV 35+ and get no EXP.

Healers are a perfect unit type to level to 40 with Crystals.

The bottom line is that it isn't smart to hold onto all of those resources and let them go to waste.

Another case would be a 5* that you have no desire to use and just want to fodder off. Use Crystals and shards to hit Lv 40 for the conversation then fodder them off.

30 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

Another case would be a 5* that you have no desire to use and just want to fodder off. Use Crystals and shards to hit Lv 40 for the conversation then fodder them off.

I've foddered some 5* units without unlocking their level 40 conversations. I'll unlock that if I actually play a unit, otherwise I could just look it up in the wiki. 

32 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

Healers are a perfect unit type to level to 40 with Crystals.

Why? They don't heal more with level 40 (in most cases), but the lack of SP will hold them back from using their most expensive skills. 

You can run a level 1 healer on a level 40 team and let him gain XP/SP. 

34 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

Double SP events and TTs  make gainig SP very fast. It doesn't matter if you get kills while leveling or if you kill a bunch of LV 35+ and get no EXP.

Yeah, those events help allot. But they don't make the use of crystals more appealing to me. 

35 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

The bottom line is that it isn't smart to hold onto all of those resources and let them go to waste.

Why would I waste a useful resource (shards) to not waste a less useful resource of which I have plenty (crystals)? 

Me came another use of crystals in mind: To give your main unit a merge, you could level the merge-copy up with crystals and have her inherit/learn skills to save SP on the main unit. 

Crystals actually come in handy when you get a 5* that has better IVs than your previous one. Assuming you don’t want to start leveling your better unit from scratch, you can merge your inferior unit and then level up the new one automatically to save you time. That is, unless your previous 5* is also at level 1, which yeah stick to the old fashioned way. Crystals are also handy for leveling up mission units as others have said too.

Granted, I don’t use crystals too often, but imo they get too much flack and they’re far from useless.

1 minute ago, SilvertheShadow said:

Crystals actually come in handy when you get a 5* that has better IVs than your previous one. Assuming you don’t want to start leveling your better unit from scratch, you can merge your inferior unit and then level up the new one automatically to save you time. That is, unless your previous 5* is also at level 1, which yeah stick to the old fashioned way. Crystals are also handy for leveling up mission units as others have said too.

Granted, I don’t use crystals too often, but imo they get too much flack and they’re far from useless.

This. I completely agree. Like, I'm totally going to use them when I finally get a +Def, -Res Frederick to be my new base Freddy. And I'll use them on RD Ike if he ends up being the free unit we get out of the current poll. Since a neutral RD Ike would be better than the one I have now.

I wish double SP weekend was Saturday/Sunday. Because on those days the badge colors from training tower are random, and thus equally distributed. Gray badges are my most common since that's the color for Frieday, and I presume that's true of the majority of players. Alternatively, they could just move forward what days give each color. Or let the player decide what color they want to earn.

Man, Felicia doesn't need to pick up Silver Dagger+ in order to learn Felicia's Plate. What an incredibly generous update.

One good use I've found for my crystals is leveling some of the Three Heroes quests units(one set of which is coming up soon). Instantly getting weaker ones like a 3-4* Hinata, Henry, Saizo, etc. to 35 or so to do their kill quests easier saved me some stamina and headache. I really don't feel like leveling them myself in those cases.

Perhaps eventually they'll do for shards/crystals what they did for badges to make them have more uses. (even if shards aren't as in need of more use, they'd probably get lumped in with crystals anyway)