Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

2 hours ago, Thane said:

Y u do dis? 

Just saying it wouldn't surprise me, and honestly? Just from my Awakening/Fates impressions Severa > Selena, Owain >>>>>> Odin. I know they're the same people but well.. people would whale for them, and I personally would pull for Owain. He just exudes cool.

2 hours ago, Mackc2 said:

Could be worse if they add future past Lucina who is also a sword with the falcion and just a powercreeped regular her 

Or even worse if they just put Morgan in the mix as a red tome/levin sword and make it a four person, so Morgan's will be like finding a needle in a haystack despite being all most players would want 

I would rather take a powercreeped FE7 Bartre than another Lucina, God no. Morgan could be literally anything so I'd hope he/she is a red tome just to round out the Awakening Avatar mages. A blade tome would be cool to round out the green wolf tome and blue raven tome mages.

2 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

But we already have that upcoming Falchion banner to fulfill our desperate need for an all-red banner. You’d really wish a second on us?

So you didn't enjoy the New Mystery banner?...

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Well the upcoming Falchion Banner is of course going to be all Red, so sniping will do nothing with that.

That reminds me, why did Awakening make two children naturally Mercenaries and another a Myrmidon? I feel they could use a little more variety. And Say'ri's Barbarian son exists.

Honestly, the ridiculous amount of red stones that have appeared in the Valentine banner, your chances of pulling a *5 on the Falchion banner (and the rate of red stones) is probably through the roof.

...Just don't expect to get the one you want.

49 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I want this. Seriously. I want this. Give me this. I want this.

I'm surprised, yet somehow not.

Edited by Zeo

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

4 minutes ago, Zeo said:

So you didn't enjoy the New Mystery banner?...

Well, I suppose I kinda enjoy letting the Katarina I got from that banner rot on the bench.

That at least had Roderick to prevent it from being an all-red banner.

1 minute ago, Tybrosion said:

Well, I suppose I kinda enjoy letting the Katarina I got from that banner rot on the bench.

That at least had Roderick to prevent it from being an all-red banner.

I was one of the lucky few. I only wanted Athena and got her in 40 orbs. Everyone wanted Katarina, I probably would have been really annoyed if I'd gotten her though. Funnily enough after pulling an off banner Luke I officially have everyone from that banner except her. Kinda want one now just to the complete the group.

1 minute ago, silverserpent said:

No, I was just making a Chrom's Kids Banner since we already have Lucina. Lucina needs her many younger siblings so she can get off her Bond Spectrum in a meaningful way.

And you still forgot Owain. Or need I remind you of the bad future where Chrom and Lissa got stranded in an apocalyptic wasteland? And not aware of other humans still being alive, Lissa and Chrom, for the sake of keeping the human race existent, got drunk on naturally fermenting apples they stumbled on and thus Lissa later gave birth to blue haired twins? By the time they discovered other humans were still alive, it was much too late.

17 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And you still forgot Owain. Or need I remind you of the bad future where Chrom and Lissa got stranded in an apocalyptic wasteland? And not aware of other humans still being alive, Lissa and Chrom, for the sake of keeping the human race existent, got drunk on naturally fermenting apples they stumbled on and thus Lissa later gave birth to blue haired twins? By the time they discovered other humans were still alive, it was much too late.

Now that's just crack...got any more hidden?

Just now, silverserpent said:

Now that's just crack...got any more hidden?

Nope, just that. I was just copying one of the weirder Old Testament/Tanakh stories everyone Jewish, Christian, Muslim, Buddhist, Shintoist, Sikh, Bahai, Pagan, Atheist, Agnostic and etc. alike wants to forget (another being the hemorrhoids curse).

The story of Lot, having escaped the God-sent destruction of Sodom and the other cities, finds his wife, having defied God's word, turned into a statue of salt, so he is all alone with his daughters. Wanting to keep the Jewish chosen people of God alive and fulfill the commandment "Be fruitful and multiply and replenish the earth", and believing their father is the only male left alive (he isn't actually), they get him drunk so they can pregnant from him. It works, God permits it, but I believe the text is not actually encouraging incest- only that if humanity is on death's door, incest is the lesser crime and therefore permissible in this extreme context.

But a blue haired baby Owain crawling and playing around who Lissa and Chrom want to smile at, but can't without an upwell of guilt, is also a very beautiful image. Why blue boy Owain sounds better than blonde or even pink. I'll take it.

5 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Regular Eliwood’s art is not bad

I know it's not Lloyd bad, but i couldn't find the right words to describe it at the time of the post

to be honest i didn't mind it since Heroes is my first exposure to Eliwood. So i don't have the strongest feeling about his art compared to what he really looked like. But after looking it up yeah i kinda see that it's not exactly what he looked like in Fe7 but alas, at least his isn't the worst

Behold, something I would've never done in the pre-Sothe era.

Spoiler

3ZOzBSl.png?12S1g6vY.png?1

And with Caeda also being among the units I've recently promoted, I may as well give the next one to Gwendolyn just to add Cherami Leigh Emblem to my arsenal.

Eliwood looks kinda weird, but his art isn’t as atrocious as people say it is. Lloyd, on the other hand...

Also I really hope if they add characters from a Gen 2 Awakening banner they would be new like Cynthia, Gerome, and Morgan, rather than throw in a powercreep Severa/Inigo. I got a hunch the new banner coming is Thracia though, which I don’t really care about.

Even if you don't consider Eliwood and Lloyd's art bad, you can't deny that it's controversial. However the recent unit artworks have all been really well done, such as the New Years, RD, SS and Valentines units. I don't think there's much worry for any future units to get shafted in the art department. Though notably, the artists who drew said controversial art haven't done any unit artwork recently and I don't think that's a coincidence.

1 minute ago, mampfoid said:

Adjustments for arena matching? Interesting. It seems they made the score range for matchups smaller in high tiers. 

I understood approximately nothing from the notification. What exactly are they doing with matchmaking?

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

I understood approximately nothing from the notification. What exactly are they doing with matchmaking?

Your first opponent won't have a weak team

@VaximillianFrom the season starting on 27th February it'll be less likely to get a much weaker team (in sense of scoring) than your own in arena, I guess they'll reach that by making the score ranges smaller. 

@silveraura25 By "your first match" they should have meant Arena Assault, since the scoring is determined by you first team there. 

Does this mean that the score range will be reduced, right? If that's the case I'll be extremely happy because my score range is such a mess (average of 702-716 until Water season where it goes up to 706-720) and getting the high end would be a tremendous help!

I never noticed facing any unusually weak teams so maybe it's just something that affects the absolute top-end of arena where the competition is a lot scarcer. Do any of you with very high team values often meet opponents with lower values? I generally just see my score +0-6 so I doubt anything will be different.

P.S. Ugh, just did my AA chore for the week, it unfailingly puts me in a sour mood. Just going to take the one death (to an intermediate opponent, no less) and see where I land, I absolutely can't be bothered with a second run. At 10728/12343 Arena and 16940/20000 AA, I'm at serious risk of dropping out of both reward tiers but screw it, I value my sanity more.

10 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Ugh, just did my AA chore for the week, it unfailingly puts me in a sour mood. Just going to take the one death (to an intermediate opponent, no less) and see where I land, I absolutely can't be bothered with a second run.

Arena assault is completely unfun. I can only make myself finish one Advanced streak per week because it is so annoying. Right now I’m #14,824 with 4,837 points and one death. I’m fine with staying in the 2,100 feathers tier.

3 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Arena assault is completely unfun. I can only make myself finish one Advanced streak per week because it is so annoying. Right now I’m #14,824 with 4,837 points and one death. I’m fine with staying in the 2,100 feathers tier.

I gave up trying to get top 10k at the beginning of the year, so I don't even do full advanced runs anymore. This is after finding myself finishing around 10-11k after doing a deathless advanced run, at which point I decided it wasn't worth the effort. Finishing at rank 10001 is no different to winding it right back, doing half the run on intermediate difficulty and getting 17000th (with some margin for error). It gets pretty iffy if I'm within a couple thousand ranks of falling out of my target tier with a full day left though.

19 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

I never noticed facing any unusually weak teams so maybe it's just something that affects the absolute top-end of arena where the competition is a lot scarcer. Do any of you with very high team values often meet opponents with lower values? I generally just see my score +0-6 so I doubt anything will be different.

I don't think you would meet much weaker teams than your own with the current system. But to get your best possible score, some fishing (and thus wasting crests) is necessary, since the score may vary by ~14 on advanced difficulty. If you get 7 match-ups on the low end of your score range, that would lower the total score of your 7 streak by nearly 100 points in comparison to your possible maximum score. Plus in AA you can fish only on the first match, the rest is more or less random. 

10 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

I gave up trying to get top 10k at the beginning of the year, so I don't even do full advanced runs anymore. 

I’m not even trying for top 10k because that would need around 5k points of score.