Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

11 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

I don't think you would meet much weaker teams than your own with the current system. But to get your best possible score, some fishing (and thus wasting crests) is necessary, since the score may vary by ~14 on advanced difficulty. If you get 7 match-ups on the low end of your score range, that would lower the total score of your 7 streak by nearly 100 points in comparison to your possible maximum score. Plus in AA you can fish only on the first match, the rest is more or less random. 

Yeah I'd assumed the default matchmaking is to give you a team of equal or higher value, but what I wasn't sure about was if someone was right at the top of the tree, there might not be enough eligible opponents and thus they might end up with a lower value opponent. I'm not sure if the matchmaking guards against repeat opponents in the same run though.

That said, in the typical arena run, I would never really see anyone with more than +10 score over my baseline, so to fish for +14 would be unimaginable. I reckon as someone with 696-698 team value, I can count the number of 710+ opponents I've faced on one hand. The rate would have to be less than 5% surely.

3 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I’m not even trying for top 10k because that would need around 5k points of score.

At the point I gave up on it, it was attainable, but not reliably, with 4880-4900. As of last week, the cut-off was projected to be about 4930.

Edited by Humanoid

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Thank goodness this change is coming. I was so tired searching for a team above 714 to start my arena assault, and then have it ruined by a 710 or *barfs* a 708 team. I really want to stay in the 10,000-30,000 range to get my goodies, but I’ve only been able to do that once so far because I end up barely missing out by 400 spots. This change can’t come soon enough.

I'm not sure this change will even affect anything. Since everyone gets this QoL change, every "high-end" player will get higher scores, without actually getting rid of the problem some face when they get consistently lowballed after the first match; it just means, the lowballing will be less low, but still run-breaking if you need every last point to remain over a threshhold, but only get the weak end of things.

Not sure how this makes AA "more fun" as the announcement suggests as a goal. At least my range won't fluctuate for 16 points anymore, hurray?

Couldn't care less for Arena or AA adjustments ~

I'm definitely using my 20K feathers to promote +spd -res Corrin and finish up my manakete team but I'd to know what A skill and refined Dark Breath is good for her?

Btw when are the new banners coming? I have 150~ orbs and want to use themmmm argh. *I cannot resist the urge!*

18 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

Btw when are the new banners coming? I have 150~ orbs and want to use themmmm argh. *I cannot resist the urge!*

New banner drops on the 21nd. We'll get a trailer for it on the 20th. Might be able to reach 300 with the paralogues.

Edited by silveraura25

Just now, Vaximillian said:

Which is the 22nd and the 21st respectively for the most of the world.

For me this is true and it hurts so much. At least it's not a Feh channel where I have to wake up at 5.30 AM.

Just now, Quintessence said:

No word on who's coming?

Tomorrow's the rotation of skill inheritance banner.

Could be Thracia, Blazing Blade, Binding Blade, Awakening or Valentia. I'm curious as to what type of unit will be demoted to 4*.

Just now, silveraura25 said:

Could be Thracia, Blazing Blade, Binding Blade, Awakening or Valentia. I'm curious as to what type of unit will be demoted to 4*.

The last green unit to be dropped ti 4 star was Boey...

yeah

SO Im hoping it's green, whoever it is lol 

1 minute ago, Arcanite said:

The last green unit to be dropped ti 4 star was Boey...

yeah

SO Im hoping it's green, whoever it is lol 

We definitely need a green unit. More of them to pump up the numbers of green units. Staff users are welcome as well. 

1 hour ago, silveraura25 said:

Hopefully it'll be Thracia, but Awakening Gen 2 sounds feasible and perhaps more likely. Binding and Genealogy Gen 2 also need dedicated Banners to complete the bunch.

Which reminds me, why did Dauntless Crimeans ever exist? What rep was it supposed to add? Crimea does have the short Part 2 in RD dedicated to it, and the entirety of PoR is about eventually liberating the country. Elincia and Nephenee are popular too, but from a "what part of the franchise does this represent?" perspective, I don't think it really did anything (and Oscar was fairly random). This perspective I'm using will become irrelevant once all the games get dedicated banners for them and their distinct parts, but until then it isn't.

1 hour ago, silveraura25 said:

We definitely need a green unit. More of them to pump up the numbers of green units. Staff users are welcome as well. 

There hasn't be a new playable Staff unit since Bridal Lyn if I heard right. Eventually they'll have to add one. Ideally with some new inheritable Staff made specifically with the present metagame in mind.

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

There hasn't be a new playable Staff unit since Bridal Lyn if I heard right. Eventually they'll have to add one. Ideally with some new inheritable Staff made specifically with the present metagame in mind.

Well, if they add Nana, she has very high chances of being a Staff unit. Unless they make her into a mounted sword.

But Awakening and Binding need new banners. We had no new Eibe characters since the Blazing Shadows banner, and Klein is the only new Binding character.

And ironically, we had no new Awakening unit since launch. 

Ooh, I might like this arena change that's coming too. It's kind of annoying seeing one enemy team give you like 708 points, but then the next only give you like 688 and both are advanced. That's a difference of 20 points there!

I think we've got 3 days before the next Banner, if I read the calendar correctly.  I'm not sure what to expect, but I hope we get 4* fodder for the following skills...

Quick Riposte

Blue Tomebreaker

Hone Fliers

3 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I think we've got 3 days before the next Banner, if I read the calendar correctly.  I'm not sure what to expect, but I hope we get 4* fodder for the following skills...

Quick Riposte

Blue Tomebreaker

Hone Fliers

Two days and six hours, yeah. Must resist being baited by the "New Power" banner in six hours time.

P.S. Add Goad Cavalry to the list too.

P.P.S. I was just cleaning up the barracks of my second account yesterday and noticed I had twelve Hinatas. Soooo jealous of myself, I have just the one on my main account.

Blue Tomebreaker is the biggest must have for me. It irritates me that there still is only one way of getting it and it's on a limited character -.- 

A 4* non-limited character with that skill would be amazing for me :D 

2 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Two days and six hours, yeah. Must resist being baited by the "New Power" banner in six hours time.

P.S. Add Goad Cavalry to the list too.

P.P.S. I was just cleaning up the barracks of my second account yesterday and noticed I had twelve Hinatas. Soooo jealous of myself, I have just the one on my main account.

I am down to one spare Hinata, not counting the one who is level 33 that I used for the quests a while back.  I would like some more Fury fodder, but at least he's a 3* unit, so I'll get more eventually.

For New Power, I'm just going to take my freebie unit and wait for the next new banner, unless for some odd reason, there's a unit in there I don't have already, but I think it's going to be all 4* accessible units.

1 minute ago, Cute Chao said:

Blue Tomebreaker is the biggest must have for me. It irritates me that there still is only one way of getting it and it's on a limited character -.- 

A 4* non-limited character with that skill would be amazing for me :D 

I refuse to use my GHB characters for fodder now.  I think I wasted one of my Ursulas from her first run, and really wish I had another merge for her, now that I've been using her on my Arena team for months.

Just now, Rezzy said:

I refuse to use my GHB characters for fodder now.  I think I wasted one of my Ursulas from her first run, and really wish I had another merge for her, now that I've been using her on my Arena team for months.

All my Female Robins are long foddered off xD 

The only exception is the one 5* one I have. But then, I very rarely merge. Only Xander tempts me to merge, since I use him all the time. 

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I remember not doing the quest for the extra 3* Ursula on her first re-run since I reasoned my barracks were full. But looking back, man it kinda feels bad knowing that I'll be one Ursula short for the rest of FEH's existence. Of course, that Ursula probably would still be a 3* level 1 unit on the day that FEH shuts down, but that's neither here nor there.

@Cute Chao Yeah, I've never raised a unit purely for the purpose of a merge before unless it was also upgrading their nature, but I'm strongly considering it for both Xander and Camus within the next couple of months.

23 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

All my Female Robins are long foddered off xD 

The only exception is the one 5* one I have. But then, I very rarely merge. Only Xander tempts me to merge, since I use him all the time. 

To be fair Xander doesn't have any good skills to inherit anyway so it would be best to merge him eventually

sigh speaking of neurotic things, i just couldn't do a deathless run in my 2nd account this week. Partly because i left my proper arena run too late and i was too close to the cutoff that I fell down to Tier 17.

what bothers me is getting 3 orbs now instead of 4, especially since i'm low on orbs on that account. That single missing orb will haunt me for a while.

on the plus side i hope the tier isn't too crowded and it will be easier to rank

on then plus plus side my main account jumped back to tier 20!

1 minute ago, GuiltyLove said:

AaSjUj9.png

@Arcanite @Rezzy @SatsumaFSoysoy @Vaximillian @mampfoid @Alkaid 

1. Why is her armpit exposed

2. Big sister is so strong now!

1: Armor is heavy, and she doesn't want to sacrifice flexibility.

2: Big sisters are best sisters.