Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

59 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

To be fair Xander doesn't have any good skills to inherit anyway so it would be best to merge him eventually

sigh speaking of neurotic things, i just couldn't do a deathless run in my 2nd account this week. Partly because i left my proper arena run too late and i was too close to the cutoff that I fell down to Tier 17.

what bothers me is getting 3 orbs now instead of 4, especially since i'm low on orbs on that account. That single missing orb will haunt me for a while.

on the plus side i hope the tier isn't too crowded and it will be easier to rank

on then plus plus side my main account jumped back to tier 20!

I really struggled with deathless this week. I almost gave up, but then managed to get it last second (thanks to Reinhardt's ability to kill both Myrrh and Micaiah somehow... I still love that man). The levels are only getting higher and I know at some point I will be demoted to 17 >.< I don't wanna miss my orbs :(

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Just now, Rezzy said:

I've noticed that I tend to get +Spd on units with really low base Speed for some reason, like my BIke and Eldigan.

Snap. 

Latest casualty - Hector Tudor... +Spd -Atk >.<

I get this a lot - though maybe not enough to feel your pain. 

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

I think we've got 3 days before the next Banner, if I read the calendar correctly.  I'm not sure what to expect, but I hope we get 4* fodder for the following skills...

Quick Riposte

Blue Tomebreaker

Hone Fliers

While skills that I know probably won’t be 4 star exclusive, I just want another non-seasonal source of Heavy Blade, Infantry Pulse, Armor March, and Guidance.

12 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

There's also Barst, Oscar, Emmeryn, Michal... actually scratch that last one.

I don't think Barst is actually related to Bord and Cord.

As for the Three Green Brothers, well I like them all, they're all good characters. I used to go Rolf-Oscar-Boyd, but I'm not sure if Oscar and Boyd have swapped positions now.

Of the three FE7 sisters- probably Farina as my favorite, definitely not Florina, that is certain. 

Of the Whitewings- I've always been drawn to Palla the most for some reason, even though I must acknowledge Catria is always superior in gameplay.

I don't know about the FE6 sister, but given Juno is unusually old by FE standards, I'd probably on those grounds alone like her the most (but why oh why must she have such terrible stats and not even a good Sword rank to compensate?).

As for FE8, I'm not sure. Vanessa is a little plain, Tana is a little cliched (okay she technically isn't related Tana admires her as a big sister), and Syrene, I want to say I like her the most of this trio, but that might go to Vanessa for some reason.

And this reminds me to once again complain that Philia didn't get a Spotpass Paralogue in Awakening. When King Fart Joker, the Victorious Vegetarian of Valm, and the Exalted Stuntwoman got to live, Philia deserved the same! I'd have liked her despite the granny hair color and 'do. 

1 minute ago, Cute Chao said:

Snap. 

Sad about your Hector, though his stats are so good, you can probably still make use of him.

I got myself to the 45K mark on the Tempest Trials today, so I think I've got a good pace going.  I'll wait until Friday to train up Eliwood for the double SP, since armors can be a bit of a pain to grind normally.

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I don't know about the FE6 sister, but given Juno is unusually old by FE standards, I'd probably on those grounds alone like her the most (but why oh why must she have such terrible stats and not even a good Sword rank to compensate?).

Just how old is Juno supposed to be, anyway?

8 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I don't think Barst is actually related to Bord and Cord.

As for the Three Green Brothers, well I like them all, they're all good characters. I used to go Rolf-Oscar-Boyd, but I'm not sure if Oscar and Boyd have swapped positions now.

Of the three FE7 sisters- probably Farina as my favorite, definitely not Florina, that is certain. 

Of the Whitewings- I've always been drawn to Palla the most for some reason, even though I must acknowledge Catria is always superior in gameplay.

As for FE8, I'm not sure. Vanessa is a little plain, Tana is a little cliched (okay she technically isn't related Tana admires her as a big sister), and Syrene, I want to say I like her the most of this trio, but that might go to Vanessa for some reason.

And this reminds me to once again complain that Philia didn't get a Spotpass Paralogue in Awakening. When King Fart Joker, the Victorious Vegetarian of Valm, and the Exalted Stuntwoman got to live, Philia deserved the same! I'd have liked her despite the granny hair color and 'do. 

I was unsure about it, but I deferred to his wiki entry. It is a little suss that neither Bord nor Cord's articles mention it, but Barst's does.

On the other hand, they have the same hair style, and in FE, hair is the closest thing we have to genetics.

EDIT: They also call him "bro" in the recruitment conversation though obviously that may be an informal term of endearment.

@RezzyMy +Spd -Atk Eldigan can sympathise. As can +Spd -HP Winter Chrom.

Edited by Humanoid

3 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Sad about your Hector, though his stats are so good, you can probably still make use of him.

I still use him :) If I turned my 5*'s away for having crappy banes, I'd have almost none left >.<

Edited by Cute Chao

7 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

Snap. 

Ouch. Same as my second account's normal Hector. At least the Hectors still have a good Atk stat even with a bane

also whenever you do see Hector doubling in player phase it's a sight to see

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

Just how old is Juno supposed to be, anyway?

The character ages page on SF puts her in her 20s, and Zelot in his 30s. But it doesn't cite any sources, and in none of Juno's dialogue do I see her age at all mentioned. So I doubt it's accurate. If it is at all accurate, it is by Japanese popular entertainment media standards, which defines old as somewhere between 25-30+.

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The character ages page on SF puts her in her 20s, and Zelot in his 30s. But it doesn't cite any sources, and in none of Juno's dialogue do I see her age at all mentioned. So I doubt it's accurate. If it is at all accurate, it is by Japanese popular entertainment media standards, which defines old as somewhere between 25-30+.

Pushing 32, I wonder what that makes me.

4 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

not if u round up

Ah well, being old's not too bad.  I don't plan to die for at least another 70 years or so.

2 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Having just started my first playthrough of Binding Blade, it's a little disturbing to think bearded Hector and decrepit Eliwood are meant to be around my age.

Are you 37?

5 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Having just started my first playthrough of Binding Blade, it's a little disturbing to think bearded Hector and decrepit Eliwood are meant to be around my age.

Considering it isn't just based on Japanese entertainment standards, but also based on what conditions in a similar timeframe actually were, it's pretty close. Back then, you were lucky to make it to 50, let alone Sage-age. 

1 minute ago, Humanoid said:

Eliwood is not decrepit, a little sick, but not past his prime at all in FE6:

Eliwood Paladin Lv 20 HP 48 Str 25 Skl 20 Spd 22 Lck 14 Def 24 Res 15 Con 11 Mov 8 AffinAnima Sword A, LanceS, Axe C

Hector on the other hand.... muscle mass obviously began to degenerate or be devoured by his beard:

Hector General Lv 20 HP 43 Str 18 Skl 20 Spd 10 Lck 15 Def 30 Res 15 Con 20 Mov 5 Thunder Lance A, AxeA

The Con increase must mean he was putting on extra weight, and I thought Lilina forbade him from snacking on those legendary Ostian pasties.

3 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

do u need me to buy coffins for all of us

I'll just call up Arvis for cremation services. He certainly got old in 20 years (well 16 from Belhalla; I think he should be in early 20s in Gen 1):

alvis1 into alvis2

Just now, silverserpent said:

Considering it isn't just based on Japanese entertainment standards, but also based on what conditions in a similar timeframe actually were, it's pretty close. Back then, you were lucky to make it to 50, let alone Sage-age. 

I think this partly depends on whether you add high infancy mortality rates to average life expectancy or not. Get past the dangers of childhood, and things are a bit better looking, if you're of the upper crust at least. Peasants aren't so lucky.

2 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Not quite yet, but just a couple years shy.

I see.  You're just a few years older than me, then.  Of course Eliwood and Hector's wives don't seem to have even made it to 37, having died off screen of Disney mother syndrome.

7 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

do u need me to buy coffins for all of us

I think the lord trio of FE7 feels a lot older than their canon ages.  Hector's voice in FEH also sounds like he's early 20s at least, and not barely old enough to shave.

3 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

Eh, the lower life expectancy back in the day is often misinterpreted and a large part of it is driven by infant and childhood mortality. If you made it into your thirties, the outlook wasn't quite so grim.

13 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Well, Eliwood is supposed to be sick, so his appearance makes sense.

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Eliwood is not decrepit, a little sick, but not past his prime at all in FE6:

Eliwood Paladin Lv 20 HP 48 Str 25 Skl 20 Spd 22 Lck 14 Def 24 Res 15 Con 11 Mov 8 AffinAnima Sword A, LanceS, Axe C

Hector on the other hand.... muscle mass obviously began to degenerate or be devoured by his beard:

Hector General Lv 20 HP 43 Str 18 Skl 20 Spd 10 Lck 15 Def 30 Res 15 Con 20 Mov 5 Thunder  

I'll just call up Arvis for cremation services. He certainly got old in 20 years (well 16 from Belhalla; I think he should be in early 20s in Gen 1):

alvis1 into alvis2

To be fair to Arvis, it is implied that it was the stress that aged him so badly.