Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

As much as I want a Thracia banner, I kind of doubt this next one will be it.  The next GHB is all but certain to be associated with it, and Thracia has...less than ideal candidates.  More importantly though, the next voting gauntlet will likely be associated with the new banner somehow.  Otherwise, there's no reason to leave us in suspense on the theme if it's just like anything we've had before.  Thracia's presence in the game thus far is limited to two bit characters.  Not much to really draw from theme-wise. 

My guess is either Awakening kids, or FE4 Gen 2.  Either one you could make an interesting gen 1 vs gen 2 battle or something.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

OH.

So apparently, we have Grima, witch Celica (who somehow wound up in Askr during all that, but fanservice game so whatevs) and Mystery Hardin. Well then! :P

And Robin is a "manakete", aka he summons Grima's head out of nowhere to attack.

Very intriguing, but I'm probably not gonna go for any of them due to my silly insistence on not using bad guys that are cruel. :P

And we got a new Muspell enemy: Laegjarn. Too many females, but from what I can see of her, she looks pretty cool.

2 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

Oh yeah, there's a notification saying that the next GHB is going to be possesed Takumi with Skadi. B E T R E Y A L intensifies

oh yeah, loving that close counter 3 ranged bow

Well, I certainly wasn't expecting to see soulless Celica when I checked to see if the next banner trailer dropped. This is a pretty cool idea for a banner, even if Celica could've been replaced with say Mareeta or Sumeragi and have it still fit the "Fallen Heroes" theme. As it stands, Celica is the lowest priority for me on account of being the obligatory infantry sword unit and not being armored like the other two. Anankos-possessed Takumi actually becoming a GHB is a nice surprise as well.

17 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

Empty Vessel Takumi would be interesting. Will his bow have innate Close Counter?

I'd say that's more likely than him having Close Counter itself. I'm also entirely expecting him to have Cancel Affinity in his Infernal map if it isn't part of his actual kit to begin with.

Oh wow, that new banner was just full of surprises. So I'm gonna start from the top:

Grima has entered Heroes. Grima. I think that makes him the first final boss in Heroes (even if it says that's Robin, we know who it really is). And he's an Armor Dragon too! And he summons dragon Grima to fight for him! And he has 16-MT refined Lightning Breath! Awesome! And he has Vengeful Fighter and Ward Dragons! WE DON'T NEED THARJA FOR VENGEFUL FODDER! I want this man!
I guess Grima's a Green Breath just so Chrom and Lucina can crush him easily with their newly-refined Falchions (and also so my Marth can do the same thing).

This isn't how I expected Hardin to get in. I thought he'd be a Grand Hero Battle. Still, I can't complain about this, since he's got Brazen DEF/RES (which I could see being really annoying with him on a Ward Armor team) and Bold Fighter (so any future Winter Lissas that I may be lucky enough to pull won't need to go home). And he still has Gradivus, so he's another Armor with Distant Counter on his weapon. This dude is pretty neat, and the unit I want most from this banner for fodder purposes (my +ATK LA Hector wants Bold Fighter, and maybe my Eliwood too).

Celica creeps me out, but she's probably the least threatening of the units here (and coincidentally, she's also the only non-Armor). Beloved Zofia looks awesome, even if I thought it would be saved for CYLica. Chill SPD is just a fuck-you to fast units, but it scares me more because I fully expect to see Chill DEF and Chill RES at some point, and I don't want to. Nothing else about her is especially great, but those two things alone make her look rather decent, if not as good as Grima!Robin and Hardin.

And, just so I know for sure, these are regular units, right? They're not seasonals? We'll be able to summon them in the regular pool after this banner?

Also Takumi being a Grand Hero Battle isn't what I would've expected at all. I'm genuinely curious as to what he's gonna have over his original version, besides looking creepier. Also gotta ask, is his map gonna be the final Conquest map? Because I think they used that map for a Tempest Trial already. Maybe it'll be that one map where he's on a wall? Or Conquest Chapter 10?

And now I have no clue what the Voting Gauntlet could be.

5 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

Goddamnit. I jinxed it with the skill powercreep didn't I. At least chill spd won't be so bad as I've recently switched to an enemy phase playstyle.

Given that Chill SPD would activate on Celica's turn (I'm assuming it's like Gunnthra's Chilling Seal, since it seems like should work similarly), wouldn't a primarily-Enemy-Phase playstyle just make dealing with teams featuring her more difficult?

Edited by ILikeKirbys

1 minute ago, ILikeKirbys said:

Oh wow, that new banner was just full of surprises. So I'm gonna start from the top:

Grima has entered Heroes. Grima. I think that makes him the first final boss in Heroes (even if it says that's Robin, we know who it really is). And he's an Armor Dragon too! And he summons dragon Grima to fight for him! And he has 16-MT refined Lightning Breath! Awesome! And he has Vengeful Fighter and Ward Dragons! WE DON'T NEED THARJA FOR VENGEFUL FODDER! I want this man!
I guess Grima's a Green Breath just so Chrom and Lucina can crush him easily with their newly-refined Falchions (and also so my Marth can do the same thing).

This isn't how I expected Hardin to get in. I thought he'd be a Grand Hero Battle. Still, I can't complain about this, since he's got Brazen DEF/RES (which I could see being really annoying with him on a Ward Armor team) and Bold Fighter (so any future Winter Lissas that I may be lucky enough to pull won't need to go home). And he still has Gradivus, so he's the first Armor with Distant Counter on his weapon (right?). This dude is pretty neat, and the unit I want most from this banner for fodder purposes (my +ATK LA Hector wants Bold Fighter, and maybe my Eliwood too).

Celica creeps me out, but she's probably the least threatening of the units here (and coincidentally, she's also the only non-Armor). Beloved Zofia looks awesome, even if I thought it would be saved for CYLica. Chill SPD is just a fuck-you to fast units, but it scares me more because I fully expect to see Chill DEF and Chill RES at some point, and I don't want to. Nothing else about her is especially great, but those two things alone make her look rather decent, if not as good as Grima!Robin and Hardin.

And, just so I know for sure, these are regular units, right? They're not seasonals? We'll be able to summon them in the regular pool after this banner?

Also Takumi being a Grand Hero Battle isn't what I would've expected at all. I'm genuinely curious as to what he's gonna have over his original version, besides looking creepier. Also gotta ask, is his map gonna be the final Conquest map? Because I think they used that map for a Tempest Trial already. Maybe it'll be that one map where he's on a wall? Or Conquest Chapter 10?

And now I have no clue what the Voting Gauntlet could be.

Given that Chill SPD would activate on Celica's turn (I'm assuming it's like Gunnthra's Chilling Seal, since it seems like should work similarly), wouldn't a primarily-Enemy-Phase playstyle just make dealing with teams featuring her more difficult?

Tanks usually don't care for speed. Hector and Myrrh definitely don't. Considering that even my player phase units are Alm and Ephraim, speed really hasn't mattered to me in a while.

1 minute ago, Korath88 said:

Tanks usually don't care for speed. Hector and Myrrh definitely don't. Considering that even my player phase units are Alm and Ephraim, speed really hasn't mattered to me in a while.

You've got a good point there. None of those units particularly care for SPD until after a certain point, so Chill SPD doesn't hurt you that much.

Given that my main team is Reinhardt and Brave Bow Brave Lyn with a Dancer (Ninian right now) and a fourth unit, it doesn't hurt me too much either, I suppose.

I guess it looked scarier than it was, haha.

I have a theory that since we’re having a banner on fallen heroes, we could finally have a voting gauntlet based on GHB units since they’re all antagonists. This would really make my day! 

Just the other day I was wondering if they would ever introduce alternate units that were based on what if events, alternate realities, and such through seasonal banners. Witch Celica and Sonya were two ideas I thought of alongside a what if "good" Michalis of all things, failed heroes, and something weird like a Sigurd somehow having survived being burned alive. Well, I didn't expect it to happen so soon and as a regular banner.

Anyway, the only thing that doesn't sit right with me is Hardin. The moment I saw him, I wondered why he was even on the banner since he would have made more sense as a GHB. All of the upcoming units of this banner including possessed Takumi are bosses, but it's just weird with Hardin. That said, New Mystery Hardin himself is an issue since not only would he have been another armor unit that the developers would be giving out, but he'd be the second armor with built-in Distant Counter they would be giving out who also is the first lance armor with a DC weapon and who has pretty awesome skills, mainly Bold Fighter. Also, missed opportunity for a new hero drawn by Yamada Akihiro. Daisuke Izuka's Hardin looks great, but it would have been nice to see more of Yamada Akihiro's work in Heroes. Possessed Gunter would have been badass. No, this is not me complaining about how axe cavalry still only has three units and how possessed Gunter could have been a new axe cavalier. :p

I wonder what Skadi would do. According to the wiki, it's a magic bow that increases the user's critical evade by 20 and also has a unique aesthetic effect of giving Takumi afterimages along with increasing resistance like with bows in Fates? Critical evade could be Guard in Heroes which isn't that great, but the magic bow part makes me think of Felicia's Plate which would make it pretty busted since assuming possessed Takumi has similar stats to regular Takumi, you'd be talking about an archer with about 32/33 offenses who targets whatever defensive stat is lower and the chance of it having built-in Guard as well, so RIP using defensive specials to lower the damage you take from him or being able to attempt to get a charge to do some damage on him or someone else.

Also, I find it a bit humorous that the developers planned for Valentine's Hector and witch Celica only for the players to vote for these them in CYL2 and almost Eirika who you could say got shafted by being released during CYL2's voting. Veronica's probably not going to get an alternate version of herself being summoned and Ephraim is a bit unlikely unless CYL2 comes out very late and there's another Magvel banner by that time and he's in it, but it's funny how with each of them being introduced, they developers make a note of how they're not the CYL2 versions of themselves.

Edited by Kaden

3 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Also, I find it a bit humorous that the developers planned for Valentine's Hector and witch Celica only for the players to vote for these them in CYL2 and almost Eirika who you could say got shafted by being released during CYL2's voting. Veronica's probably not going to get an alternate version of herself being summoned and Ephraim is a bit unlikely unless CYL2 comes out very late and there's another Magvel banner by that time and he's in it, but it's funny how with each of them being introduced, they developers make a note of how they're not the CYL2 versions of themselves.

Makes them wonder if the fanbase is reading their minds or vice versa :p

25 minutes ago, Kaden said:

All of the upcoming units of this banner including possessed Takumi are bosses, but it's just weird with Hardin.

Witch Celica is not a boss. She isn’t even a character. She only exists in a cutscene.

We've learned 2 bad things from this banner. Zelgius was not just a one-off (I'm talking about recent events, not Eldigan and Reinhardt), units that fit the role of GHB units are gonna be added into the normal summoning pool instead, limiting the amounts of possible new GHB. Another thing is that some of us might just have a fondness for crazy Celica. Don't judge me, kay. Crazy is hot

@Vaximillian Loli Celica with Golden Dagger for CYL. No Beloved Zofia mate

3 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Witch Celica is not a boss. She isn’t even a character. She only exists in a cutscene.

Which made it very weird when I read online she lost her soul. Since her witchiness didn't exist for me not seeing it in gameplay. Rinea in a reverse situation only existed for me as a very random fire... evil spirit?- I don't know what word I attached to her in the moment.

*Sigh* I think I got a little too obsessed with the potentiality of this being a T776 Banner, or AG2, or BiB, or GG2. If it was the first, I would have finally jumped in. Now, I'm more wary of this game than ever before. 

As much as I like being on this board, I should just call it quits and fade out of it until the day of the next standard banner reveal, and continue doing this until finally I see enough fixes/characters I like for me to loosen up from my deadly serious self and join. I already have a kinda creative name for my summoner picked out (Pandur), but what is the point of playing when I'd have to force myself to like it?

41 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

We've learned 2 bad things from this banner. Zelgius was not just a one-off (I'm talking about recent events, not Eldigan and Reinhardt), units that fit the role of GHB units are gonna be added into the normal summoning pool instead, limiting the amounts of possible new GHB. Another thing is that some of us might just have a fondness for crazy Celica. Don't judge me, kay. Crazy is hot

@Vaximillian Loli Celica with Golden Dagger for CYL. No Beloved Zofia mate

Evil conspiracy theory: possessed Takumi will be the last GHB unit to be added. After Arvis's re-run, it will be announced that all non-weekly GHB units will be added to the summoning pool as 5*-only summons with the weekly GHBs being added next year. Also, regular Aversa and regular Reina will be legendary heroes. :p

Edit: That's weird. I feel like I've seen Okuma Yugo's art before, but apparently I haven't because I've never heard of Young Black Jack and Yakuza Girl nor have I seen Okuma's artwork for some of Gaius's Cipher cards.

Edited by Kaden

This banner will bring my 50 orbs back to 0 again. I was really hoping for a Thracia banner to skip it but it seems I won't be able to catch a break. 

Now, will CYL Celica be her Rigain outfit with Ladyblade or something more unexpected like a random legendary staff or a dagger user with Golden Dagger? 

7 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

Now, will CYL Celica be her Rigain outfit with Ladyblade or something more unexpected like a random legendary staff or a dagger user with Golden Dagger? 

If Celica becomes a dagger user, I’m going to flip the fuck out. Ragnarok Omega, please!