Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

7 hours ago, Alexmender said:

Now, will CYL Celica be her Rigain outfit with Ladyblade or something more unexpected like a random legendary staff or a dagger user with Golden Dagger? 

Possible choices:

- Conrad’s armor with the Blessed Lance as her weapon thus making her a blue cav

- Taking after her mother and become an infantry staff user

- Original outfit (or Saber’s) with the Golden Dagger as her weapon

- Ladyblade is possible too but do we really need a third red Celica? Ragnarok Omega would fall under red as well. 

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

11 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

The more red Celicas, the merrier.

I don’t agree with such mentality but that’s just me. All I see is more easy Reinhardt feed. Taking into account that CYL1 had characters use different weapons from “canon” or be a different unit type (like BRoy getting a horse) either a red Celica getting a horse, become an armored unit or even become a flying unit COULD be possible if they stick with red but I can see the developers going for a different color for the sake of variety. If Conrad’s not getting added anytime soon, giving her Conrad’s mask, armor, lance, horse and armor would be better. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

4 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

I don’t agree with such mentality but that’s just me. All I see is more easy Reinhardt feed.

We’ve already gone through a round of arguing over this subject. Do we really need another one?

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

We’ve already gone through a round of arguing over this subject. Do we really need another one?

It’s just your rather stubborn mentality regarding another red Celica that rubs me the wrong way. Does Ragnarok REALLY need to be powercrept? 

They could always go for the Ladyblade and give her a niche against male units. 

1 minute ago, Lord-Zero said:

It’s just your rather stubborn mentality regarding another red Celica that rubs me the wrong way. Does Ragnarok REALLY need to be powercrept? 

They could always go for the Ladyblade and give her a niche against male units. 

I’m not against the Ladyblade. I’m against moving Celica away from swords or fire.

3 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I’m not against the Ladyblade. I’m against moving Celica away from swords or fire.

Then I guess you really want her swinging around the Blazing Durandal.

So, the next new Banner of hope and despair appears to be non-Seasonal (the one after that would likely then be Easter 2) and will arrive on Mar. 9th. Unless they're being selective with what they show, it appears to not have any GHB or TT associated with it.  Wonder what it'll be.

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

We’ll have to wait and see on how the developers will split the 4 colors this time. More like, what type of weapons would B!Hector and B!Veronica have since B!Ephraim will most likely have Garm. B!Hector getting a Durandal variant or B!Veronica getting a Siegfried variant isn’t really far-fetched. 

@Interdimensional ObserverI’d say Awakening or Thracia. 

3 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

All of the new (post-refinery) unique weapons are designed to be compared against refined weapons (unless the inheritable weapon doesn't have a refinement). Expiration therefore should be compared to Lightning Breath+ [???] and not Lightning Breath+.

• Expiration has 16 Mt, Distant Counter, and targets the lower defensive stat against ranged opponents.
  • Lightning Breath+ [Atk] has 14 Mt, Distant Counter, targets the lower defensive stat against ranged opponents, +1 maximum special skill cooldown, and +5 HP.
  • Lightning Breath+ [Def] has 12 Mt, Distant Counter, targets the lower defensive stat against ranged opponents, +1 maximum special skill cooldown, +5 HP, and +4 Def.

The jump from Lightning Breath+ [???] to Expiration isn't as large as you're making it out to be.

So 5 HP equals 2atk and -1 Special cooldown?!?!

17 minutes ago, Hilda said:

Legendary weapons have been always stronger than their inheritable equivalent. If you compare refined Slaying Axe+ with refined Hauteclere, there is always the 2 Mt difference (with equal refinement) plus the possibility to have the +10 special damage instead of a stat boost. 

Edited by mampfoid
Hauteclere

I'd really hate anyone getting a niche against male units, personally -.-

This banner is an odd one for me... I mean, two new units (Grima and Hardin, even if Grima looks like Robin) and two alt units of existing units...

I quite like the way they've done Grima, honestly. And Hardin is welcome, even if I feel he should have been a ghb.

That being said, it feels like just another nail in the coffin for seeing any of my own favourite units in the game. Sorry Kent, you're just not popular enough. Not when we can have Alt #23 of Popular Character -.-

8 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

That being said, it feels like just another nail in the coffin for seeing any of my own favourite units in the game. Sorry Kent, you're just not popular enough. Not when we can have Alt #23 of Popular Character -.-

Amen!

They're doing this much too early. Are they so fearful that even with Seasonals the unpopulars can't move a single Orb that they must do this so soon? Don't they realize they'll sooner than later run out of logical cases where they could do this kind of thing?

I'd hope it's just a stopgap measure for the time between the end of last year's prearranged planned material, and putting the results of CYL2 to work. 

And Kent, to use a character you like, is the Red Cavalier of FE7- not a complete nobody like Geitz (who I actually like a bit). He's part of Lyn's retinue, being in the Lyndis Legion should automatically give a bump for that. Give us the Crimson Shield (not a bad title, even when Lowen is the tank (yet he gets the title Swift Knight), Kent is more the Crimson Eyes statwise). Likewise, I want, how about Zihark- the Navarre who isn't edgy at all? I think he has a likable/cool appearance, and he has some depth to him, but when realistically will he get in? 

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Amen!

They're doing this much too early. Are they so fearful that even with Seasonals the unpopulars can't move a single Orb that they must do this so soon? Don't they realize they'll sooner than later run out of logical cases where they could do this kind of thing?

I'd hope it's just a stopgap measure for the time between the end of last year's prearranged planned material, and putting the results of CYL2 to work. 

And Kent, to use a character you like, is the Red Cavalier of FE7- not a complete nobody like Geitz (who I actually like a bit). He's part of Lyn's retinue, being in the Lyndis Legion should automatically give a bump for that. Give us the Crimson Shield (not a bad title, even when Lowen is the tank (yet he gets the title Swift Knight), Kent is more the Crimson Eyes statwise). Likewise, I want, how about Zihark- the Navarre who isn't edgy at all? I think he has a likable/cool appearance, and he has some depth to him, but when realistically will he get in? 

Originally, that was the logic I used to tell myself he'd get into the game... I mean, Kent is a pretty prominent character in the tutorial of the first ever Fire Emblem game to make it over here...

Then The PoR banner with Elincia happened and neither Geoffrey nor Lucia were there, which sunk my heart a fair bit (especially when they missed off the fourth character, who reasonably could have been Kieran, who isn't horrendously unpopular). Both Geoffrey and Lucia are prominent characters (more so in RD than PoR but still enough) and neither were there.

Alt Eirika was another blow. Were L'Arachel and Myrrh such a potshot they couldn't even include Cormag (who has now made it into the top 100 characters) or another new FE character. They had to go with an alt waifu?

And now this... at least there's a theme, I guess. Maybe, instead of Takumi and Celica, they could have gone with Julius as another possessed person. At least it's someone new.

I'd honestly love to see a lot of the less popular characters too... Zihark doesn't strike me that he'd be unpopular (not sure about the poll). Would love to see him in the game. Same with a lot of Thracians who never got chance to have any limelight in their games.

...But with the reduced banners and the new obsession with alts - along with seasonals now becoming TT prizes... It feels hopeless to me -.- I still enjoy the game and love many of the characters that are in, but my ultimate favourites don't feel like they stand a chance anymore.

I wonder what they'll do for future new dragon types. Red/blue armor dragons seem simple enough with how flexible the armor designation has become (personally hoping for Anankos Gunter as a blue breath armor), but I'm not sure what they might do for red/blue flying dragons, since as far as I know, Myrrh is the only one who can fly while untransformed. I guess Morva might be able to as well, if his wings were just covered for some reason? But he'd also be pretty strange in a non-green color.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

So, the next new Banner of hope and despair appears to be non-Seasonal (the one after that would likely then be Easter 2) and will arrive on Mar. 9th. Unless they're being selective with what they show, it appears to not have any GHB or TT associated with it.  Wonder what it'll be.

The current calendar seems to only go to the beginning of that "season", like how the January-February calendar showed the start of the Love Abounds banner but not the events taking place during it, like the TT. I think it's pretty likely that the next New Heroes banner will have a TT, but I'm not sure if it'll have a GHB.

10 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

And now this... at least there's a theme, I guess. Maybe, instead of Takumi and Celica, they could have gone with Julius as another possessed person. At least it's someone new.

Julius would be new, but I don't think he could really be called a "fallen hero". The four characters here have all been playable in some form in their own games, while he hasn't.

Just now, Othin said:

Julius would be new, but I don't think he could really be called a "fallen hero". The four characters here have all been playable in some form in their own games, while he hasn't.

Oh, whoops. I did forget about that lol. I was just thinking of possessed characters ^.^''

2 hours ago, Hilda said:

Expiration is not inheritable, so you have to put it in the context of its user. Robin's stat spread may be poorly optimized for the role, like critically lacking in Res, having speed he doesn't need, maybe even competing with Draug for most HP in the game. 

1 hour ago, Cute Chao said:

Then The PoR banner with Elincia happened and neither Geoffrey nor Lucia were there, which sunk my heart a fair bit (especially when they missed off the fourth character, who reasonably could have been Kieran, who isn't horrendously unpopular). Both Geoffrey and Lucia are prominent characters (more so in RD than PoR but still enough) and neither were there.

You forgot the possibility of Bastian in the Dauntless Crimeans group. I'd spend 500 Orbs to hear him speak with the same eloquence as he does in PoR and his RD "supports", that is poetic writing unlike any FE has done before or since in terms of quality (barring Mitama speaking in haikus possibly- I think she does sometimes). Well maybe not just to hear him, but he'd be a Green Infantry Mage, probably on the slow side, but hopefully a replacement for his Corrosion skill and a good Atk stat would give Crimea's Keystone some viability. Overall I felt he was a good character.

1 hour ago, Othin said:

I guess Morva might be able to as well, if his wings were just covered for some reason? But he'd also be pretty strange in a non-green color.

I could see Morva as Red. Why? Because he uses Wretched Air as a "corrupted by Riev and Lyon" Manakete, which is the only time we see him fight (and pretty much the only time we see him at all), and I think Wretched Air, while classified as a monster weapon, is considered Dark Magic in the Trinity of Magic. Wretched Air (or Wretched Breath) would likely be his weapon, it sounds cool by the way. 

Morva's one appearance doesn't even give him a map sprite and he doesn't get official artwork, so we don't know what he fully looks like in Manakete form. We never see anything of wings on his humanoid form, despite seeing enough backside that we should be able to see wings if he had them.

MorvaMorva battle model

By the way, does anyone happen to know how many characters were added through the first year of FEH? Particularly non-Seasonal/OC characters? 

Adding together New Mystery, SoV, and everything from GotHW onwards save SD, I have a total of ~463 playable FE characters, not including NPCs, Villains, Trial Maps, or other theoretical variations (but it does include some minor overlap with things like 4 Leif Clover and 776!Leif and double Whitewings). The number would be higher, possibly breaching 500 with NPCs, Villains, and Trial Map additions. As well as "reasonable variants" like Beloved Celica and Rag Celica, and Lucina and Masked Marth (could we get an Unmasked "Marth" version that chucks her mask at enemies as a Dagger unit?). I think we have room for upwards of 550 sans totally noncanonical things like Seasonals, Braves, and Gleipnirika, I have my doubts about hitting 600 though, I don't see 650 without SBGs at all.

Hence my curiosity as to how many were added in the first year. If I knew how many were added in year, I'd have a fair idea, barring big surprises, of long will it take to add all 500-600 units.

And for the sake of my prediction, how many units were in the game at launch?

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

You forgot the possibility of Bastian in the Dauntless Crimeans group. I'd spend 500 Orbs to hear him speak with the same eloquence as he does in PoR and his RD "supports", that is poetic writing unlike any FE has done before or since in terms of quality (barring Mitama speaking in haikus possibly- I think she does sometimes). Well maybe not just to hear him, but he'd be a Green Infantry Mage, probably on the slow side, but hopefully a replacement for his Corrosion skill and a good Atk stat would give Crimea's Keystone some viability. Overall I felt he was a good character.

I did think he'd be the second male, back when banners were nicely even throughout, but he didn't cause the heart drop that the lack of Geoffrey did for me - and Lucia caused the same for a friend of mine who adores her. I might have given a shot for her, too. Instead I did one full pull and was lucky enough to get Oscar, and then decided I was too sour to pull further. And then future banners also went that way and my sourness has been increasing ever since.

That being said, it would be hilarious to hear Bastian speaking :D

Honestly, the banner should have been Elincia, Geoffrey, Lucia, Bastian. Instead we got the random mix of Elincia, Nephenee and Oscar... which still doesn't make sense to me even now.

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

About 91 units at the launch. I think were are getting about 70 new units, with 30 seasonal/ alternative versions by the end of the second year of Heroes.

2 hours ago, Hilda said:

As @mampfoid said, other unique weapons do exactly that. All post-refinery unique weapons (either created after the refinery went live or had a refinement added) have superior stats compared to their inheritable counterparts.

Hauteclere has 2 Atk over Slaying Axe+ with the same refinement. Hauteclere [unique] loses 2 HP compared to Slaying Axe+ [Atk], but gains +10 damage to special skill activations.

Basilikos has 2 Atk over Slaying Axe+ with the same refinement. Basilikos [unique] loses 2 HP compared to Slaying Axe+ [Atk], but gains Life and Death 3.

Mystletainn has 2 Atk over Slaying Edge+ with the same refinement. Mystletainn [unique] loses 2 HP compared to Slaying Edge+ [Atk], but gains Fury 3.

Dark Greatsword loses 5 HP and 2 Atk compared to Silver Sword+ [Atk], but gains +4 Atk and +4 Spd when initiating combat.

Resolute Blade loses 5 HP compared to Wo Dao+ [Atk], but gains 3 Atk.

Amiti gains 3 Atk and 3 Spd compared to Brave Sword+.

Great Flame loses 5 HP compared to Flametongue+ [Atk], but gains 1 Atk and the ability to shut down follow-up attacks from opponents with much lower Def.

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Morva's one appearance doesn't even give him a map sprite and he doesn't get official artwork, so we don't know what he fully looks like in Manakete form. We never see anything of wings on his humanoid form, despite seeing enough backside that we should be able to see wings if he had them.

You were saying...?

Spoiler

morva.jpg

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I could see Morva as Red. Why? Because he uses Wretched Air as a "corrupted by Riev and Lyon" Manakete, which is the only time we see him fight (and pretty much the only time we see him at all), and I think Wretched Air, while classified as a monster weapon, is considered Dark Magic in the Trinity of Magic. Wretched Air (or Wretched Breath) would likely be his weapon, it sounds cool by the way. 

MorvaMorva battle model

By the way, does anyone happen to know how many characters were added through the first year of FEH? Particularly non-Seasonal/OC characters? 

Adding together New Mystery, SoV, and everything from GotHW onwards save SD, I have a total of ~463 playable FE characters, not including NPCs, Villains, Trial Maps, or other theoretical variations (but it does include some minor overlap with things like 4 Leif Clover and 776!Leif and double Whitewings). The number would be higher, possibly breaching 500 with NPCs, Villains, and Trial Map additions. As well as "reasonable variants" like Beloved Celica and Rag Celica, and Lucina and Masked Marth (could we get an Unmasked "Marth" version that chucks her mask at enemies as a Dagger unit?). I think we have room for upwards of 550 sans totally noncanonical things like Seasonals, Braves, and Gleipnirika, I have my doubts about hitting 600 though, I don't see 650 without SBGs at all.

Hence my curiosity as to how many were added in the first year. If I knew how many were added in year, I'd have a fair idea, barring big surprises, of long will it take to add all 500-600 units.

I was thinking pre-corruption Morva, so he'd still be able to have an untransformed state and talk. Also, even as a Dracozombie, my understanding is that his breath is greener and more like Myrrh's than other Dracozombies. Of course, they could just handwave any of that.

Of the 219 units currently in Heroes, I count 90 that were playable at launch, plus 8 GHB units that could be fought in initial story chapters (Michalis, Camus, Navarre, Zephiel, Narcian, Ursula, Female Robin, and Xander). Of the remaining 121, I count 78 new, distinct characters. (77 if you don't count Rhajat.)

5 minutes ago, Sylphid said:

Red and blue flying dragons? That's an easy one! Dragons riding dragons was already invented in Awakening. Just switch the axes to dragonstones and done.

A mounted shifter seems pretty weird, because what happens to the mount when the rider shifts?

Of course, I guess Grima shows that being a shifter isn't necessarily a requirement for having a breath attack.

Edited by Othin

2 minutes ago, Othin said:

A mounted shifter seems pretty weird, because what happens to the mount when the rider shifts?

Of course, I guess Grima shows that being a shifter isn't necessarily a requirement for having a breath attack.

Like I said, dragons riding dragons.