Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

2 minutes ago, Thane said:

(Lucina's) Refined Falchion is supposed to restore HP at the start of every turn, right? For some reason, it doesn't for me.

Every second turn as opposed to unrefined Falchions’ every third turn.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

1 minute ago, Thane said:

(Lucina's) Refined Falchion is supposed to restore HP at the start of every turn, right? For some reason, it doesn't for me.

No, unrefined Falchions have Renewal 2, which is a heal every 3 turns, and refining any of them upgrades them to Renewal 3, which is every 2 turns.

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Every second turn as opposed to unrefined Falchions’ every third turn.

2 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

No, unrefined Falchions have Renewal 2, which is a heal every 3 turns, and refining any of them upgrades them to Renewal 3, which is every 2 turns.

Did I just misread it, like, three times in a row? This cold must be worse than I thought.

Thanks a lot, guys.

5 hours ago, mcsilas said:

Speaking of Frederick- would a +Def/-HP fare better for a Rogue Dagger refine build? I kind of like Seashell for the stat boost, but looking at your vids I kind of want to try a group debuff build. No Close Counter fodder though so maybe just Fury or something for A skill.

You're in a better boat for sure, that speed difference is huge. Rather than neutral, I'm going to compare you to an optimal +ATK/HP Matthew.

• S!Frederick (+DEF/-HP) : 36/32/31/31/18
  • Matthew (+ATK/-HP) : 38/29/34/30/18

Frederick's bulk is nearly identical to Matts. You basically subtract 2 HP,  add 1 DEF and trade 3 ATK for 3 SPD. In the case of neutral the ATK difference is substantial. This build works because with a refine Frederick goes up to 33 SPD which is far more manageable than 30. Plus unlike Matt he's got Seal ATK/SPD 2 natively which greatly mitigates the speed deficit between then (a perfectly fine tradeoff for the extra -2 Attack.) This gives him the freedom to run ATK Smoke 3 + Distant DEF 3 Seal which is an extremely potent combination, or ATK/SPD Dual Smokes if you're into that. And at that point, they take a hit just about equally well, only if they're doubling, Frederick hits harder.

That said, Close Counter is obviously best for this sort of thing. But you can manage with something like else. Since he wouldn't be a tank but rather a more focused support unit, you could run Fury as it wouldn't be his job to wall things and he'd get a substantial stat jump. Takumi is on a banner right now though if Close Counter is something you want to be a thing.

7 hours ago, NegativeExponents- said:

Is...is Ephraim’s hair green??? It looks like some sort of shade of blue to me. >_<

Yeah, it's not GREEN green, but it's slightly more green than blue, so I call it green. It's like an aqua green shade.

7 minutes ago, Rinco said:

We have a lot of weapons in the game with built in distant counter already. When are they going to make a ranged weapon with close counter? If I'm not mistaken, there is not a single one in the game yet.

This is what they should've done with Naglfar.

7 hours ago, mampfoid said:

@LuxSpes Very beautiful Cordelia, congratulations! How do you buff her in your team? 

She's profiting from Nino's buffers. Lucina has Hone Atk and Fortify Res and Nowi has Hone Spd and Fortify Def. 

4 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

She's profiting from Nino's buffers. Lucina has Hone Atk and Fortify Res and Nowi has Hone Spd and Fortify Def. 

I'm considering to give my BH!Roy ATK Tactic to buff Cordelia and Cherche, but then I'd have only horse units with that skill (Siegbert, LA!Lilina and Roy). Perhaps I should give it to Cordelia and give Roy a simple Hone SPD instead. Cherche would be the perfect bearer of SPD Tactic (if we ever get it), since she doesn't need that buff. 

Just now, mampfoid said:

I'm considering to give my BH!Roy ATK Tactic to buff Cordelia and Cherche, but then I'd have only horse units with that skill (Siegbert, LA!Lilina and Roy). Perhaps I should give it to Cordelia and give Roy a simple Hone SPD instead. Cherche would be the perfect bearer of SPD Tactic (if we ever get it), since she doesn't need that buff. 

Spreading your tactic skills around on various unit type sounds like the better idea considering how they work. Cordelia should work fine with simple Hone Atk and Spd support since her offensive spread is already top-notch. 

9 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

Spreading your tactic skills around on various unit type sounds like the better idea considering how they work. Cordelia should work fine with simple Hone Atk and Spd support since her offensive spread is already top-notch. 

You are probably right. Checking my barracks, I found a spare Tailtiu. That would mean ATK Tactic on Cordelia, Drive SPD on Roy and Goad Fliers/SPD Tactics on Cherche. 

Now I need only one Ike Heavy Blade for Cherche to make all three proc Galeforce on Turn 1. 

2 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

You are probably right. Checking my barracks, I found a spare Tailtiu. That would mean ATK Tactic on Cordelia, Drive SPD on Roy and Goad Fliers/SPD Tactics on Cherche. 

Now I need only one Ike Heavy Blade for Cherche to make all three proc Galeforce on Turn 1. 

That looks like a good set-up while you wait for Spd Tactic. Triple Galeforce turn 1 on fliers and horse should be pretty effective. 

And it'd be really nice if Heavy Blade would appear on a 4* unit, even if HB3 is only unlocked at 5*.

2 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

And it'd be really nice if Heavy Blade would appear on a 4* unit, even if HB3 is only unlocked at 5*.

That would be awesome. I never got regular Ike and currently I need ~10 copies of Cordelia for merging (4) and Galeforce (crossed fingers for the 4* banner featuring her). 

1 minute ago, mampfoid said:

That would be awesome. I never got regular Ike and currently I need ~10 copies of Cordelia for merging (4) and Galeforce (crossed fingers for the 4* banner featuring her). 

I have 1 copy of regular Ike and though I barely use him, I'd be hesitant to sacrifice him, so getting 4* access to Heavy Blade would be nice.

Good luck with getting your Cordelias. It's hard to get multiple copies of specific 4-5* heroes. For some reason, I tend to get certain heroes in waves. I got like 6 Maes in 10 pull sessions at one point and Seth suddenly to show up every other pull recently after months of never showing up. I got lucky when merging up Cordelia since I managed to pull four 5* copies of her and I already had 7 more Cordelias by that point. 

I really need to thank the new legendary banner for being "uninteresting" for me. (Even if blue has good units)
Because of this I pulled one Delthea and 2 Grimas today. Which means Sheena and Gwendolyn both have Vengeful fighter and I still have one Grima (Atk+ and HP-) and that happend with around 60 orbs.

I'd rather try on the next legendary banner or the one after if there are at least 2 Legendary Heroes I do not have. It's not that I dislike Ephraim, but even if I know that IS  planned this beforehand I'm not that much interested. I also think that we will only see protagonists on legendary banners, at least for now.

The only problem I have with this is that the most heroes would be swordfighters. Maybe that is one reason why they decided to pull Ephraim in this. And this could be an argument why we won't see only protagonists. At least if they go with the main weapons on legendary banners. Which seems to be the case, even if 2 units now are to early to be certain about this.

Done with the C-skills: 

Spoiler

Ynso3xq.png

FjKelG6.png

FWMSzXZ.png

9 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

Good luck with getting your Cordelias. It's hard to get multiple copies of specific 4-5* heroes. For some reason, I tend to get certain heroes in waves. I got like 6 Maes in 10 pull sessions at one point and Seth suddenly to show up every other pull recently after months of never showing up. I got lucky when merging up Cordelia since I managed to pull four 5* copies of her and I already had 7 more Cordelias by that point. 

Thank you! I'm hoping for the right wave. 

3 hours ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Been wondering if i want to build Masked Marth(R). Awakening Falchion upgrade is monstrous as hell - definitely because the holder are already a gigantic stats stick although spur only hurts

I'll go against the flow and give the refinement to Chrom because yes.

3 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, it's not GREEN green, but it's slightly more green than blue, so I call it green. It's like an aqua green shade.

It's funny how people perceive colour. I agree with you that there seems to be a green tint in most of his art, but the blue overwhelms it to me, so I'd call him blue, personally. That being said, just looked up his SS official art and that seems to be more greenish than his other art :)

Of course, it's all about how you see it since different displays, lighting, even eyes make colours appear very different. It's just interesting to me.

Edited by Cute Chao

9 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

It's funny how people perceive colour. I agree with you that there seems to be a green tint in most of his art, but the blue overwhelms it to me, so I'd call him blue, personally. That being said, just looked up his SS official art and that seems to be more greenish than his other art :)

Of course, it's all about how you see it since different displays, lighting, even eyes make colours appear very different. It's just interesting to me.

Yeah, fair points here.

3 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

Also, @LuxSpes @mampfoid I thought Firesweep Cordelia was the better option. Why did you go for Slaying Lance?

Slaying Lance was just more affordable than the Firesweep build and it's more versatile at the cost of not being as specialized.

Firesweep is all out offense and you preferably want Heavy Blade in your A slot to leave your seal opened for QP and allow turn 1 Galeforce and it leaves your B slot opened for the most part.

The Slaying Lance build exchanges a bit of raw player phase performance for a much better enemy phase and allows you to run Heavy Blade as your seal instead of as your A slot. You preferably want to use Desperation with it and it allows you to choose between Galeforce or Luna in every round. And she still has acceptable bulk for the enemy phase or for taking the first hit that sends her in Desperation range (mine has 49/29/29 defenses, which means an enemy needs a brave weapon, lancebreaker or 78 damage to  one round her.)

Well I gave one of each blessing to my armor team, BK got a water blessing, C!Robin is wind, C!Chrom is earth and H!Henry is fire.  BK ripped through the blessings quests and my strongest team is ready for the new mode.  I still have several blessings left, so I can take my time using them.

Edited by EricaofRenais