• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

39 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Do you guys think IS will give us something as a way to celebrate the new FE game reveal?

Definitely. They did for FE15, after all.

15 minutes ago, Othin said:

They did? Weren't both games announced around the same time?

18 minutes ago, Othin said:

Echoes was revealed in January, FEH started in February.  So we didn't get anything for the reveal.  IIRC they did a login bonus for the Japanese release of Echoes, as well as the World of Shadows banner.  But a release and a reveal aren't the same thing.

9 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Echoes was revealed in the same direct that Heroes was revealed in. It was like late January because I'm pretty sure Heroes came out like a week after it's reveal.

10 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Oh, I misread and thought you said "release".

Well my 4*Gordin and 4*Serra did very well in the training tower I used one to do chip damage and finished off with other and switched when needed and I did the quests quickly, Cherche is at 5* so hers were a breeze.  I am really looking forward to the new modes since unless the new banner Friday has Elphin or Kaze on it I will probably skip it.

I realized something funny.

My very first 5-star on my current account was regular Lyn, who had a stellar +HP -spd nature. I also have Brave Lyn and now LA!Lyn. Both of them are +spd -HP.

Kind of like an apology for the first Lyn's nature being lackluster.

10 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I realized something funny.

My very first 5-star on my current account was regular Lyn, who had a stellar +HP -spd nature. I also have Brave Lyn and now LA!Lyn. Both of them are +spd -HP.

Kind of like an apology for the first Lyn's nature being lackluster.

Your regular Lyn's nature probably isn't that bad now, since Sol Katti's refinement means that Lyn's speed only matters when she attacks a 2-range enemy or has high enough HP to not be in Brash Assault+Desperation range, and the extra HP probably helps her survive the occasional attack that would've killed her to get into Brash Assault+Desperation range. I mean, +ATK/-SPD might've been better, if only for the higher damage on her auto-doubles, but your current Lyn is a pretty good one too now... At least from what I can tell.

Although, it's good that your other Lyns are +SPD. They don't have the best possible version of the Brash Assault+Desperation combo built into their weapons, so the speed boost matters more for them. I only have neutral Brave Lyn (the free one) and no LA Lyn, so I'm a bit jealous.

I should really get my Lyn a refinement... unless Soren (who I still need to 5-Star sooner or later) or Eirika (who I hope gets something good, since she's been replaced by post-refinement Marth for training up units) get something cool with their refinements. Then Lyn can wait a bit.
Incidentally, do we know when the new weapon refinements are gonna come out yet?

18 minutes ago, ILikeKirbys said:

Your regular Lyn's nature probably isn't that bad now, since Sol Katti's refinement means that Lyn's speed only matters when she attacks a 2-range enemy or has high enough HP to not be in Brash Assault+Desperation range, and the extra HP probably helps her survive the occasional attack that would've killed her to get into Brash Assault+Desperation range. I mean, +ATK/-SPD might've been better, if only for the higher damage on her auto-doubles, but your current Lyn is a pretty good one too now... At least from what I can tell.

Although, it's good that your other Lyns are +SPD. They don't have the best possible version of the Brash Assault+Desperation combo built into their weapons, so the speed boost matters more for them. I only have neutral Brave Lyn (the free one) and no LA Lyn, so I'm a bit jealous.

I should really get my Lyn a refinement... unless Soren (who I still need to 5-Star sooner or later) or Eirika (who I hope gets something good, since she's been replaced by post-refinement Marth for training up units) get something cool with their refinements. Then Lyn can wait a bit.
Incidentally, do we know when the new weapon refinements are gonna come out yet?

Paging @Zeo since i think your Lyn is +Atk right?

also i worry that next banner will have Owain, since the Warriors Awakening DLC is soon and if they want to do it like the SD warrior maps and have the actual unit in the maps, they have to release Owain.

my poors orbs can't take that though.

7 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Paging @Zeo since i think your Lyn is +Atk right?

also i worry that next banner will have Owain, since the Warriors Awakening DLC is soon and if they want to do it like the SD warrior maps and have the actual unit in the maps, they have to release Owain.

my poors orbs can't take that though.

I don't think so. They're rerunning Zephiel shortly after the new banner starts, so I think this one's gonna be a Binding Blade banner. Like Blazing Shadows, except maybe with fewer characters (and hopefully we'll get a dancer, since I know there were a couple of those in FE6). I could be wrong though, that could just be a coincidence.

Though if it is an Awakening banner, then I'll breathe a sigh of relief, as unless it has Nah (which I consider unlikely, but we just got Myrrh and Grima, so who knows?), my Orbs can safely go toward the Falchion banner.

21 minutes ago, ILikeKirbys said:

They're rerunning Zephiel shortly after the new banner starts, so I think this one's gonna be a Binding Blade banner.

Zephiel is being rerun next because he's next in chronological order by release.

The release order looks like this (bold were released with Infernal difficulty, asterisk marks Grand Hero Battles in the daily rotation):

1. Narcian*
  2. Robin*
  3. Ursula*
  4. Michalis*
  5. Navarre*
  6. Zephiel
  7. Xander*
  8. Lloyd*
  9. Camus
  10. Legion
  11. Clarisse
  12. Berkut
  13. Valter
  14. Arvis
  15. Oliver
  16. Lyon
  17. Takumi

And the order of reruns after Infernal difficulty was added looks like this (parentheses indicate the character's original release order):

1. Lloyd (8)
  2. Legion (10)
  3. Narcian (1)
  4. Robin (2)
  5. Clarisse (11)
  6. Ursula (3)
  7. Michalis (4)
  8. Berkut (12)
  9. Navarre (5)
  10. Valter (13)
  11. Arvis (14)
  12. Zephiel (6)
Edited by Ice Dragon

@Ice Dragon Oh, so it's just a coincidence then. Alright. Not sure what the new banner'll be now.

Also, this means the next rerun will most likely be Camus, yeah? Since everyone else between him and Zephiel is in the weekly GHB rotation, I mean.

7 minutes ago, ILikeKirbys said:

Also, this means the next rerun will most likely be Camus, yeah? Since everyone else between him and Zephiel is in the weekly GHB rotation, I mean.

Camus is almost certainly the next pre-Infernal Grand Hero Battle getting a rerun, but whether it'll be before or after an Oliver rerun is unknown. Though, it'll be really disappointing if Oliver gets his rerun first.

Rip me and my orbs...

5aa081ea56de1_Photoediting_Cloud20180307.jpg.ccf99c6a8ca43289a37c3c1537990093.jpg

This is probably the highest pity rate I've gotten on a regular banner as of now. I'm not mad but wow. O-o

11 minutes ago, Falcom said:

Rip me and my orbs...

5aa081ea56de1_Photoediting_Cloud20180307.jpg.ccf99c6a8ca43289a37c3c1537990093.jpg

This is probably the highest pity rate I've gotten on a regular banner as of now. I'm not mad but wow. O-o

I had a 5.5% pity rate as well,trying to snipe Hardin, I just broke it the day before yesterday by actually getting Hardin 

6 minutes ago, Mackc2 said:

I had a 5.5% pity rate as well,trying to snipe Hardin, I just broke it the day before yesterday by actually getting Hardin 

I was tempted to hold off spending the rest of my orbs and try to also snipe Hardin but I gave into the pressure in hopes of getting any 5* at that point.

At least I got L'arachel again... ;-;

(Lucky you. Totally not jealous right now) But seriously, congrats.

2 minutes ago, Falcom said:

I was tempted to hold off spending the rest of my orbs and try to also snipe Hardin but I gave into the pressure in hopes of getting any 5* at that point.

At least I got L'arachel again... ;-;

(Lucky you. Totally not jealous right now) But seriously, congrats.

I wish you luck, just keep your composure, there is still a few days (unless that L'aracheal was 5* in which case rip)

@ILikeKirbys @mcsilas Yeah my Lyn is actually +ATK/-SPD and while the ATK bonus is nice I can say she needs to get into that 75% range in order to get going and though she appreciates not losing bulk, that -SPD Nature cripples her first round of combat which can sometimes be the most important. She can run a breaker which helps out, but ideally she wants Wrath which means she has effectively no B skill until she gets in her weapon's range. 

Once she's there she's all good but 34 base speed is pretty terrible for a unit with as little ATK and bulk as her. She can't double speedy ranged units (which usually units like her are sent to kill) and typically lacks the power to oneshot them without a special proc.

She's strong against melee units that can counter of course, but without Wrath her offense isn't nearly as potent as you'd think and without a special proc she's dogmeat more often than not.

tl;dr Because of her weapon, +ATK/-SPD is workable, but ideally you'd probably still want a different bane. However, -SPD on her is better than -ATK because her weapon nullifies the need for speed to some extent. So she is the exception to the -SPD = Unusable standard usually present in offensive sword units.

I wonder if they're going to reveal the trailer for the next batch of units tonight.  It's not for a couple days, but tomorrow, it would be overshadowed by the Nintendo Direct, so they might want to do it tonight.

6 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I wonder if they're going to reveal the trailer for the next batch of units tonight.  It's not for a couple days, but tomorrow, it would be overshadowed by the Nintendo Direct, so they might want to do it tonight.

The new heroes come out tomorrow Rezzy, it makes sense to reveal it today, also my current crack theory is that if they aren't revealed today then they are FE16 in a banner 

1 minute ago, Mackc2 said:

The new heroes come out tomorrow Rezzy, it makes sense to reveal it today, also my current crack theory is that if they aren't revealed today then they are FE16 in a banner 

By tomorrow, do you mean March 8th at 11:00 PM Pacific Standard Time?  It's March 9th, for me, so I won't get them until Friday.

5 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

By tomorrow, do you mean March 8th at 11:00 PM Pacific Standard Time?  It's March 9th, for me, so I won't get them until Friday.

Time zones ugh, it is currently March 8th for me, and the banner says it will come out march 8th so it is coming out march 9th (tomorrow)

Edited by Mackc2