• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

@mcsilas @mampfoid @Johann Annoying... the only Erika I have is +RES/-SPD so I don't have to consider her refinement. Then before getting off my orb stock (then 44) is decent so I take one last shot at the Falchion banner, spend 13 orbs and get a +ATK/-HP Erika.... *facepalm*. But moving on-

MATTHEW THOUGH. OMG HE'S SO RIDICULOUS. And yes I know I'm doing the GHBs and all that with my team and that's cool and everything but RIVAL DOMAINS MAN. RIVAL DOMAINS. Even on infernal difficulty the amount of work he puts in is so absolutely mind blowing I can't even begin. I run him at the front of my army (With Drive Def 2 and S Supported Inigo as my sole dancer obviously) and he just destroys everything. Even on infernal. Just make sure he's healed, point him towards the best enemy to spread out the buffs and just watch the death happen on enemy phase.

Seriously... if you haven't put him in your RD brigade, DO IT. And if you don't have me as a friend, FIX THAT.

In a nutshell though, mode is very fun. I approve 100%. The gardens are underwhelming, but the rewards are great so I can't complain. I semi feel like I wasted 13 orbs just now, but an Erika that I can actually use after the refinement is nice. I can toss Hone SPD 3 on her (from her other *4 self) and Fortify DEF 3 and she's actually pretty threatening if I want to promote her. I've got 31 orbs which will be 46 to 50ish when the banner drops. That's not a whole lot but it's good enough. I'm a happy camper.

Edited by Zeo

20 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Her and Grima. They are everywhere indeed. I have Soren, Myrrh, Fae, Cecilia, and Nino to deal with Nowi. I wish I had Julia or her mother.
I’ve been chasing both for so long, and got nothing.

Julia actually pity broke me when I was trying to get Bunny Chrom, if I recall correctly xD She was a new 5* for me, though, so I wasn't as aggrieved as if she had been yet another Camilla.

I never got Deirdre but then never really tried for her, either. All of my 5* non-promoted green mages were obtained as pity breakers xD

Grima is easy, for me. I have so many strong swords. It's Nowi that gets me, along with Practically Naked Tharja. I tend to prefer enemy phase counters, so I do have mages but prefer to use them against other mages (like my Linde is reserved solely for Practically Naked Tharja these days) . I bring them out as a last resort, though.

@Zeo

I would love to use your Matthew. Mind if I become your friend? I have lots of units you can choose from if you want to request one from me (though I only ever use male units I like the look of as my lead so it restricts the choice a bit).

Edited by Cute Chao

2 minutes ago, Zeo said:

@mcsilas @mampfoid @Johann Annoying... the only Erika I have is +RES/-SPD so I don't have to consider her refinement. Then before getting off my orb stock (then 44) is decent so I take one last shot at the Falchion banner, spend 13 orbs and get a +ATK/-HP Erika.... *facepalm*.

MATTHEW THOUGH. OMG HE'S SO RIDICULOUS. And yes I know I'm doing the GHBs and all that with my team and that's cool and everything but RIVAL DOMAINS MAN. RIVAL DOMAINS. Even on infernal difficulty the amount of work he puts in is so absolutely mind blowing I can't even begin. I run him at the front of my army (With Drive Def 2 and S Supported Inigo as my sole dancer obviously) and he just destroys everything. Even on infernal. Just make sure he's healed, point him towards the best enemy to spread out the buffs and just watch the death happen on enemy phase.

Seriously... if you haven't put him in your RD brigade, DO IT. And if you don't have me as a friend, FIX THAT.

In a nutshell though, mode is very fun. I approve 100%. The gardens are underwhelming, but the rewards are great so I can't complain. I semi feel like I wasted 13 orbs just now, but an Erika that I can actually use after the refinement is nice. I can toss Hone SPD 3 on her (from her other *4 self) and Fortify DEF 3 and she's actually pretty threatening if I want to promote her. I've got 31 orbs which will be 46 to 50ish when the banner drops. That's not a whole lot but it's good enough. I'm a happy camper.

Wow. Congrats on the Eirika! And your Matthew dominance! :P

....Darn you iOS update the game already!

@Cute Chao @Vaximillian Yeah Nowi can get annoying, especially when highly merged. Refined breaths are stupid good, so even Deirdre can't deal with her if she gets to attack back. Anna is a really cheap counter to Nowi though. Otherwise, Halloween Henry is okay (mine is +Def so he can survive if Nowi can't proc) and Axura is a GREAT counter. For my Arena team, I use Amelia...who is a check. She's - Res but she has stupid Speed so I bait Nowi (so she doesn't activate QR). My Amelia runs Desperation anyway so when she survives she's in Desperation mode.

I should run Winter Lissa in my arena team now that I think about it...she can handle Nowi better with her better Res..

As for Myrrh, I use BK since he's my arena red member. I mean he has bad Res but as long as he has full health he can usually survive Grima and Black Luna him back.

Also now that IS mentioned colourless dragons...very highly likely that will be the next legendary hero. And maybe whoever it is will come with Goad Dragons...*shudder*

Speaking of colourless...I wonder if we will ever get an archer refresher/singer/dancer unit. Most likely singer because dancing with a bow seems weird. Knishi Knight Shigure? lol

3 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Wow. Congrats on the Eirika! And your Matthew dominance! :P

....Darn you iOS update the game already!

@Cute Chao @Vaximillian Yeah Nowi can get annoying, especially when highly merged. Refined breaths are stupid good, so even Deirdre can't deal with her if she gets to attack back. Anna is a really cheap counter to Nowi though. Otherwise, Halloween Henry is okay (mine is +Def so he can survive if Nowi can't proc) and Axura is a GREAT counter. For my Arena team, I use Amelia...who is a check. She's - Res but she has stupid Speed so I bait Nowi (so she doesn't activate QR). My Amelia runs Desperation anyway so when she survives she's in Desperation mode.

I should run Winter Lissa in my arena team now that I think about it...she can handle Nowi better with her better Res..

As for Myrrh, I use BK since he's my arena red member. I mean he has bad Res but as long as he has full health he can usually survive Grima and Black Luna him back.

Also now that IS mentioned colourless dragons...very highly likely that will be the next legendary hero. And maybe whoever it is will come with Goad Dragons...*shudder*

Speaking of colourless...I wonder if we will ever get an archer refresher/singer/dancer unit. Most likely singer because dancing with a bow seems weird. Knishi Knight Shigure? lol

I still mourn the fact Shigure isn't a flying singer -.-

I think I use Count Henry if needed. I've tried Anna before, but I don't remember her being amazing. Maybe I need to TA her or something. I don't usually run into so many that I can't handle them, though :) Normally...

And Titania is still my favourite against them. It's the reason her HM is so low - I only use her sparingly so I won't feel I'm wasting HM when I max her xD

2 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

I’m still annoyed that the flying singer is Azura. Even though we already had two of her. Azura Emblem soon?

3 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

I think I use Count Henry if needed. I've tried Anna before, but I don't remember her being amazing. Maybe I need to TA her or something. I don't usually run into so many that I can't handle them, though :) Normally...

And Titania is still my favourite against them. It's the reason her HM is so low - I only use her sparingly so I won't feel I'm wasting HM when I max her xD

I mean to be fair my Anna runs Fury/Desperation. But she also makes for a good Reinhardt check as well in her arena bonus weeks.

I use armour teams in arena so the amount of armours and dragons is...something.

Also i just realised with Gerome. Everyone gets a free Cherche from the Three Heroes, so it's like an instant wyvern family!

Supporting Gerome with Minerva soon..

@Vaximillian Unfortunately I can see a Legendary Dancer Azura sometime in the future. But yeah flying Azura is a bit annoying, although I'm not sure if the New Year Heroes were planned before release or not (might explain the Camilla thing...but not why she is in a Hoshidan banner).

Edited by mcsilas

6 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Unfortunately I can see a Legendary Dancer Azura sometime in the future.

Kinshi knight Azura with bows and songs. Because lolReina and lolShigure at the same time.

10 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I’m still annoyed that the flying singer is Azura. Even though we already had two of her. Azura Emblem soon?

Fully agreed. Repeats in general annoy me (I allow one seasonal alt for fun, but past that... why?). There's so many characters still yet to come into Fire Emblem. Why did Chrom have to be in this latest banner instead of another child? And why not another singer instead of Azura... or make the DARK SKY SINGER (yes, that's his title) an actual sky singer?

*Rant over*

Still so chuffed about Gerome. Happy he's a reward unit, too, because my orbs all have other names on them and I'm gunning for 'em :D

9 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

I mean to be fair my Anna runs Fury/Desperation. But she also makes for a good Reinhardt check as well in her arena bonus weeks.

I use armour teams in arena so the amount of armours and dragons is...something.

Yup, me too, at least for AA. I might try Anna again - maybe I just don't give her enough credit :)

Edited by Cute Chao

Apparently App Store is having problems as a whole, not just FEH. Other mobile games are also reporting delays in update releases on iOS devices.

Now that we have both Morgans, can we have 2 Kanas? Maybe one of them will be colourless dragon.

1 hour ago, Zeo said:

Ok, now I'm curious to try him. Do you still have space in your list? ID is 5719621907

4 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

Brynhildr’s new effects doesn’t seem impressive at first, but they are actually really good. Combined with Quick Riposte  makes Leo an excellent mage bait.

Also, dull ranged 3. He could deal with archers as well

Edited by silveraura25

26 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

Brynhildr’s new effects doesn’t seem impressive at first, but they are actually really good. Combined with Quick Riposte  makes Leo an excellent mage bait.

If his refinement effect checked his Res instead of Def, it would be better, IMO. But I'll probably do it next when I get 200 dews. Did Eirika's earlier and it's really good.

Well I've been out of the loop for nearly two weeks, only caught up last night. Still, the game is progressing nicely. I have a bone to pick Soren's new weapon isn't named Tornado, but that aside, IS is making this game purr sweetly. Not perfect by any stretch, but I am presently optimistic for it. Maybe a round of 5 to 4 demotions isn't a pipe dream.

2 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

I wish I had Julia or her mother.
I’ve been chasing both for so long, and got nothing.

I know a man who might be able to help you with that. Just don't fall for his genetic knockoff of them if he tries to pass her off on you, what she can use ain't Naga.

3 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Kinshi knight Azura with bows and songs. Because lolReina and lolShigure at the same time.

This would make me so mad if they knoll Reina out of the game and give Azura her role...D=

I went to sleep short after the daily reset (getting only 100 feathers hurts) and I just woke up to see if the update was already available for IOS...nothing! My Eirika is crying for her upgrade and I also want to try the new modes. Why have you forsaken us IOS users Apple, why?!

3 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

I went to sleep short after the daily reset (getting only 100 feathers hurts) and I just woke up to see if the update was already available for IOS...nothing! My Eirika is crying for her upgrade and I also want to try the new modes. Why have you forsaken us IOS users Apple, why?!

My main account has been waiting for this update for almost 10 hours. My second account on my android tablet has been able to enjoy it though, but Apple needs to sort their stuff out. There’s a lot of stuff on offer in these new modes and my main account can’t benefit from it all until it goes live.

4 hours ago, Cute Chao said:

I accept that name xD

I'm refusing to listen to the quotes, because I like to do that when I actually get the unit, but I like the sound of how you've described both of theirs :) Has Chrom named his horse?

I tend to listen to the new quotes because I know there's a chance I won't be able to summon some (or all) of the new units, so I'd like to know what they say. Some characters, though, I skip some of their quotes like witch Celica because of SoV spoiler reasons.

Part of the reason I said Gerome sounds forced is that he does sound different compared to in Awakening and that's entirely reasonable when Orion Acaba has only voiced him for one game and wasn't using his natural voice. It's still deep, but much more raspier and pained-sounding. So, on a voice acting side, the forced part comes from Orion trying to recreate Gerome's voice and on the character side, it's Gerome forcing himself to sound like and be someone he's not to hide his pain.

As for Chrom, he doesn't mention his horse's name unless it's in his castle text quotes. He does mention what it's like riding a horse and in general sounding like a goofball.

2 minutes ago, Kaden said:

I tend to listen to the new quotes because I know there's a chance I won't be able to summon some (or all) of the new units, so I'd like to know what they say. Some characters, though, I skip some of their quotes like witch Celica because of SoV spoiler reasons.

Part of the reason I said Gerome sounds forced is that he does sound different compared to in Awakening and that's entirely reasonable when Orion Acaba has only voiced him for one game and wasn't using his natural voice. It's still deep, but much more raspier and pained-sounding. So, on a voice acting side, the forced part comes from Orion trying to recreate Gerome's voice and on the character side, it's Gerome forcing himself to sound like and be someone he's not to hide his pain.

As for Chrom, he doesn't mention his horse's name unless it's in his castle text quotes. He does mention what it's like riding a horse and in general sounding like a goofball.

Ahhh. That sounds like pretty good reasoning. I hope I like it when I hear it :)

I think the fun of a new unit for me is the quotes and since I get pity broken a lot, it's then fun to go and listen to the voice quotes ^.^

I do plan to get Chrom eventually, although not until he's not sharing a colour. Legendary Ephraim, Eldigan, Bunny Chrom and Karel have all burnt me badly with that... Sword Valor would be a great skill to have and Gray still refuses to come home. I prefer Chrom to Gray anyway ^.^

It's possible that Apple is starting to enforce their policies disclosing lootbox drop rates from back in December.

"Apps offering “loot boxes” or other mechanisms that provide randomized virtual items for purchase must disclose the odds of receiving each type of item to customers prior to purchase"

Perhaps Heroes' generic, misleading summoning rates were not up to Apple's new standards?  Of course, the reason for the delay could be much more benign, but it is a little suspicious that other gacha games like Brave Exvius have also had their iOS updates delayed this month...