Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

8 minutes ago, ILikeKirbys said:

I was expecting Gerome to get [Helswath] since it was in the datamine with him…

Helswath was never in the datamine with him. This was the sprite for the poleaxe all along.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Just now, Vaximillian said:

Helswath was never in the datamine with him. This was the sprite for the poleaxe all along.

Crap, I read somewhere (wanna say here, but it might've been Gamepress) that it was in the datamine. Guess I got the wrong information. Ah well, that explains why Gerome didn't have it then, haha!
Thanks for pointing that out!

Miracle banner doesn't look that bad. Don't have Maria nor Mist and Lucius is the last healer I have with 0 HM so any of them will be welcomed additions. 

Not looking forward to the CC and SA quests though. I feel like we've gotten them before but I could be making things up.

Edited by tobuShogi

3 minutes ago, tobuShogi said:

Not looking forward to the CC and SA quests though. I feel like we've gotten them before but I could be making things up.

We have indeed. These may be recurring, requiring different CCs and SAs to complete.

Going to assume they didn't take daylight savings into account and everything is a day later for us. That's a lot of freaking banners. Let's round em out real quick for the month.

• Tempest Bonus - Could be anyone, hoping for normal Chrom and not Lucina for a change but probably not since he'll be on the BHB banner and tha'd put him on 3 banners.
  • Countering Skills - Don't really understand this one so it's a big question mark for me.
  • BHB: Chrom and Lissa - I am building a +10 Chrom so I'd love one of him, but likely won't really pull more than once. The 3rd unit is probably just Robin or Frederick anyways.
  • Weapons to Refine - Don't care about Leo and I already have an Eirika and Soren. I can safely pass on this.
  • Heroes w/ Miracle - Delthea, Mist and Sigurd. Would pull for Sigurd, don't have Mist but she's unimportant and I already have Delthea. Probably will pass since I have SPD Smoke 3 now.
  • Special Heroes - Depends on the heroes as always. Love Abounds singlehandedly wiped me out for the entire month of February. My stock will likely depend on this banner's units.

All in all it seems like spending may not be all that hard this month. Legendary Hero banner and the Special Heroes banner are the two question marks. Just about every other banner I can take or leave unless the Countering Skills banner is appealing somehow. Gonna keep pulling on the New Heroes banner until M!Morgan or Chrom show up and I'll leave it at that until further notice (aside from free pulls of course).

I'm actually stoked for the BHB Revivals cause I want to see how my Matthew team handles N&H and especially M&M since Maria's Panic staff is an extremely troublesome thing and I want to see how I'll get around it. The other stuff is cool and Tap Battle is fine cause badges and orbs.

2 hours ago, Kaden said:

So, yeah, Eirika is a flexible unit where she was mainly a support unit whose downfall was having low attack is she isn't +Atk and not really having the raw bulk of some characters. Well, now she can abuse buffs to also be an offensive unit or an even bulkier unit.

I'm definitely good with +ATK. Considering how rare she is for me specifically, I doubt I'll get a comparable nature any time soon and I don't need one. People want to pair her with Nino and put her on mixed teams but why would I put it a bunch of work creating a mixed team, sacrifice expensive Tactics skills or delegate her to buffbot when I can run her with Sothe and reach a ceiling of +14 DEF/RES and +17 ATK/SPD. Peshkatz + Supports + Sothe's Built in Spur ATK+SPD essentially makes Eirika a God(dess) among men. And she does it without having to craft a mixed team which can be hard to find synergy for or specfic characters sacrificing their C/S Skills and running a bunch of hones and fortifies. 

It's actually pretty funny how these updates are subtly making daggers more and more relevant. I already have pairing plans for 3 different units. Matthew + Inigo / Saizo + Gunnthra / Eirika + Sothe. Yeah I like the Daggers and I'll probably build up every single one except Jakob and Gaius. I won't +10 them all, but one of each of the others would definitely be fantastic.

2 hours ago, Kaden said:

Anyway, Soren's Wind's Brand not having a sound effect is strange. I think it might have been mentioned here already. Maybe it's just a silent, but deadly wind. :p

I really need to use him and turn on the animations. I actually haven't done that since the update. Already did AA and that's pretty much the only time I use him these days. To think he used to be my primary green mage.

2 hours ago, Kaden said:

Also, with units getting new weapons, I'm not going to be surprised if Cherche ends up getting Helswath because for whatever reason, she's been drawn with it in her official art for Awakening, for some of her Cipher cards, and for Heroes. At the very least, we'd have another axe flier with a legendary/personal weapon since aside from Minerva, I can't think of any other wyvern riders in the main FE games with legendary/personal axes. They gave Michalis Hauteclere in Heroes and Camilla does have a weapon named after her in Fates which I think is also her personal weapon in Warriors.

Cherche for me isn't really one of those units that needs a prf. Raven is an infantry so it's different but Cherche is pretty much the premiere Brave Axe+ flier. There's not a unit that runs that build better in her field. Minerva and Michalis want their Prfs so they don't count. If they're going to be handing out personal weapons there really are other characters who could use them more. Like Odin. Seriously give him the most broken tome you possibly can and he'll probably be mid-tier at best. If he had Dire Thunder with no Speed penalty he would probably still suck.

2 hours ago, Kaden said:

Edit: Aw man, there's going to be Earth Blessing quests. Who the heck am I going to give an Earth Blessing to?

I actually built an Earth team of Ike/Reinhardt/Bridelia/PA!Azura. Pretty much nothing that team can't steamroll.

1 hour ago, ILikeKirbys said:

As for the Miracle banner, they'll have Sigurd and Delthea for sure, since Sigurd is tempting 'cause he's very good, and Delthea is a pretty alright mage with a semi-unique weapon. Not sure which staffer they'll round out the banner with, but I really hope it isn't Mist. She isn't that good, unless they're planning on giving a weapon refinery buff in the near future.

Um, lol? She's literally the best infantry blue mage next to Linde and doubles as a support. I know there's Rein and the other non-infantry blue mages that are pretty crazy going around, but she's pretty much the cream of the crop as far as her specific field goes. Anyways Delthea/Mist/Sigurd is pretty much a lock. I'd be shocked if Maria or Lucius popped up on the banner instead. Mist is objectively the best choice on merit of rarity alone.

Anyways, cool beans.

2 hours ago, Zeo said:

Countering Skills - Don't really understand this one so it's a big question mark for me.

I thought about Distant Counter and Close Counter...
Anything different would be quite roundabout in term of "Counter skill"
Skills like Ice Mirror and Vengeance would come to mind. But I wouldn't call those Counter skills.
And Fjorm won't be in such a banner anyway.

Edited by Stroud

@Zeo Counter skills...maybe those with Close Def and Distant Def? Or Quick Riposte. Or maybe even some premium banner of Takumi, Hector and Grima?

But yeah disappointed with the lack of GHBs although we did get like, a succession of them lately with the reruns.

Chrom and Lissa BHB seems a bit meh, but a free summon Lissa would be great to save me feathers to get the convo, and for Gravity+.

A lot of banners but most of them don't look too 'must have' so that's good for my orb stash. It all depends on the legendary banner.

A bit conflicted now. I actually have a +ATK/-RES Donnel at *3 and a *4 +5 Donnel that I could toss 3 merges at for 6k feathers and make him +8.

...Or I could just promote the +ATK one to *5, use him for the tempest and merge him down into the *4 supermerge when it's all said and done. Does the extra MT from the BL+ Make that much of a difference with the TT bonuses?

Cherche is a *5 Flier Emblem staple and Olivia is loldancersoitdoesntmatter. Finally gives me some purpose to use F!Robin too. Bravo TT, Bravo.

....still want M!Morgan though.

Edited by Zeo

30 minutes ago, Zeo said:

A bit conflicted now. I actually have a +ATK/-RES Donnel at *3 and a *4 +5 Donnel that I could toss 3 merges at for 6k feathers and make him +8.

...Or I could just promote the +ATK one to *5, use him for the tempest and merge him down into the *4 supermerge when it's all said and done. Does the extra MT from the BL+ Make that much of a difference with the TT bonuses?

Cherche is a *5 Flier Emblem staple and Olivia is loldancersoitdoesntmatter. Finally gives me some purpose to use F!Robin too. Bravo TT, Bravo.

I always use F!Robin with Keen Gronwolf for VG because Lyn and Reinhardt is cancerous. I have her with Vantage so she could kill both of them in enemy phase. I use Gronwolf over Gronraven because she can also deal a lot of damage against green and red cavalry as well.

35 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Is he gonna be in the main TT team?

Up to you if you have other priorities for feathers. You already have Flier Morgan for the blue unit as a bonus unit thought right?

5 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

I always use F!Robin with Keen Gronwolf for VG because Lyn and Reinhardt is cancerous. I have her with Vantage so she could kill both of them in enemy phase. I use Gronwolf over Gronraven because she can also deal a lot of damage against green and red cavalry as well.

She's just too sub-par for me. Vantage is probably a good skill for her though, I may give that to her actually. But between my unbuilt ToD!Henry and +1 Soren, building that particular green tome isn't that high of a priority. She does have an unrefined Keen tome though, so that's something.

4 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Is he gonna be in the main TT team?

Up to you if you have other priorities for feathers. You already have Flier Morgan for the blue unit as a bonus unit thought right?

Probably not, but he'll definitely see quite a bit of use and will probably be in the Auto-TT team that will get built. I'll probably just use the +5 and see how things go will pulls going forward for the next few days.

4 minutes ago, Zeo said:

She's just too sub-par for me. Vantage is probably a good skill for her though, I may give that to her actually. But between my unbuilt ToD!Henry and +1 Soren, building that particular green tome isn't that high of a priority. She does have an unrefined Keen tome though, so that's something.

Probably not, but he'll definitely see quite a bit of use and will probably be in the Auto-TT team that will get built. I'll probably just use the +5 and see how things go will pulls going forward for the next few days.

Well that's fair. +5 should be able to do well in Lunatic 5 to be honest. As long as the AI can use the player phase properly.

Part of me is tempted to try a YOLO for horse Chrom...but only 29 orbs right now... and I'll eventually get a 40% Gerome..

2 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Well that's fair. +5 should be able to do well in Lunatic 5 to be honest. As long as the AI can use the player phase properly.

Part of me is tempted to try a YOLO for horse Chrom...but only 29 orbs right now... and I'll eventually get a 40% Gerome..

I'm at 3.50% on the banner and got an F!Morgan on my free pull so I pretty much only have to pull red. I'm going to pull until I get either M!Morgan, Chrom or a pity breaker and leave the banner there. I really want M!Morgan (and alternatively, I love Chrom and Sword Valor is great) but there are too many banners coming in and with the legendary banner at the end of the month and the seasonal banner that's going to drop, there are too many banners for me to blow orbs on a single banner. 

So, that event calander huh?

I'm going to go ahead and guess who's on the future banners.

Spoiler

mar-apr-event-calendar.png

Countering: Likely to be DC/CC, so I'd assume Takumi and Hector are likely units. The problem is that unless they count units with DC weapons they're left with seasonals to choose from. If "Normal" Tharja comes up....... They might add Vengeful Fighter under that definition to get around it, but that's unlikely.

C&L BHB: Regular Chrom and Lissa are likely of course, I'd guess Frederick is the third.

Refine: Probably obvious as Leo, Eirika and Soren.

Special Heroes: It's unlikely they're only rereleasing old units imo. Considering when this is I'd guess this is the Easter banner though, they are usually before the event and it's after Paddy's day (dodged that bullet). It might be more old units like last time too.

Miracle: So our units are Delthea, Maria, Lucius, Mist and Sigurd. I'm going to guess one of the healers (Possibly Mist, she's not been on a banner in a long while), Delthea and Sigurd. Or all three healers for salt.

Legendary banner: No Ephraim, we know Gunnthra, Fjorm and Ike are likely/confirmed. Seasonals that are possible include SummElise, Shigure and Inigo, Hallow'een banner and hopefully we're not seeing them skipping to the christmas banner. I'm afraid of this banner with Thracia coming, I need to save.

4+5*: They seem to rotate out one of each colour each time. If that trend is maintained I'd expect Jeorge, Soleil, Tailtiu and Camilla to be on it again. 

Cooldown:  This has two ways of going about it. -1 to countdown or charge. If the former, there are quite a few options: Eldigan, Saber, B!Ike, Amelia, Minerva, Raven (if he comes with Basilikos at 5*), Leon and Nephenee all could be considered (even units with Killing Lance, though I doubt it myself). If the latter (unlikely), then you have Ayra, Caeda and Felicia by default if it's only by weapon (2 of which require refine, so I'd guess no). If by skills, then B!Ike, Hardin, Mia, P!Ike and Grima could all be considered.

T&N BHB: So it's likely A!Tiki and Nowi. The third might be a dragon (M!Tiki?) or some Awakening unit, maybe a falchion wielder. It's a good banner for LB+ fodder though.

Thracia: We actually know this already. :) I've been waiting for Finn since launch.

It's a fierce month of temptation until Thracia. I need to hold on until then.

With the dew we got recently I pulled the trigger and promoted Caeda, replacing Minerva/Palla in my flier team. Wow is she much more fun for me to play with than Palla (probably largely in part because I just used Palla as a stock red unit when I needed one, she wasn't even fully SI'd)! Dropping Minerva was sad though... Maybe I'll have her alternate with Cordelia when I get skills I can inherit to her for a more defensive set.

The event calendar is so packed lol. I could do without a voting gauntlet or some of the BHBs but eh. Curious to see if they tweak the rhythm game mode in any way.

And I completely forgot, but the next legendary banner will probably have Performing Inigo right? And I've been throwing orbs at Morgans...

2 minutes ago, Zeo said:

I'm at 3.50% on the banner and got an F!Morgan on my free pull so I pretty much only have to pull red. I'm going to pull until I get either M!Morgan, Chrom or a pity breaker and leave the banner there. I really want M!Morgan (and alternatively, I love Chrom and Sword Valor is great) but there are too many banners coming in and with the legendary banner at the end of the month and the seasonal banner that's going to drop, there are too many banners for me to blow orbs on a single banner. 

True, true.

Enter red hell or wait for them to pitybreak me in another banner.

Either way I slipped and summoned in the fodder banner hoping for a 5 star Klein/Setsuna for Roy but only got healers instead :(

10 minutes ago, Dayni said:

So, that event calander huh?

I'm going to go ahead and guess who's on the future banners.

Reveal hidden contents

mar-apr-event-calendar.png

Countering: Likely to be DC/CC, so I'd assume Takumi and Hector are likely units. The problem is that unless they count units with DC weapons they're left with seasonals to choose from. If "Normal" Tharja comes up....... They might add Vengeful Fighter under that definition to get around it, but that's unlikely.

C&L BHB: Regular Chrom and Lissa are likely of course, I'd guess Frederick is the third.

Refine: Probably obvious as Leo, Eirika and Soren.

Special Heroes: It's unlikely they're only rereleasing old units imo. Considering when this is I'd guess this is the Easter banner though, they are usually before the event and it's after Paddy's day (dodged that bullet). It might be more old units like last time too.

Miracle: So our units are Delthea, Maria, Lucius, Mist and Sigurd. I'm going to guess one of the healers (Possibly Mist, she's not been on a banner in a long while), Delthea and Sigurd. Or all three healers for salt.

Legendary banner: No Ephraim, we know Gunnthra, Fjorm and Ike are likely/confirmed. Seasonals that are possible include SummElise, Shigure and Inigo, Hallow'een banner and hopefully we're not seeing them skipping to the christmas banner. I'm afraid of this banner with Thracia coming, I need to save.

4+5*: They seem to rotate out one of each colour each time. If that trend is maintained I'd expect Jeorge, Soleil, Tailtiu and Camilla to be on it again. 

Cooldown:  This has two ways of going about it. -1 to countdown or charge. If the former, there are quite a few options: Eldigan, Saber, B!Ike, Amelia, Minerva, Raven (if he comes with Basilikos at 5*), Leon and Nephenee all could be considered (even units with Killing Lance, though I doubt it myself). If the latter (unlikely), then you have Ayra, Caeda and Felicia by default if it's only by weapon (2 of which require refine, so I'd guess no). If by skills, then B!Ike, Hardin, Mia, P!Ike and Grima could all be considered.

T&N BHB: So it's likely A!Tiki and Nowi. The third might be a dragon (M!Tiki?) or some Awakening unit, maybe a falchion wielder. It's a good banner for LB+ fodder though.

Thracia: We actually know this already. :) I've been waiting for Finn since launch.

It's a fierce month of temptation until Thracia. I need to hold on until then.

Looks like they updated the calendar and removed the Awakening special maps.

11 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

True, true.

Enter red hell or wait for them to pitybreak me in another banner.

Pretty much every color is hell when all you're getting is *3's. Colorless isn't even hell for me at this point. Matthew is obvious, Kagero is waiting on a +ATK nature, Sothe is a thing, I'm waiting for a good nature Rebecca, Klein is a thing, Setsuna is a merge or bowbreaker, Niles is Iceberg, Virion is a merge, Clarine is a merge, Priscilla is a merge, Azama is a merge, Saizo is a merge, Serra is a future *5 +10 Merge. I'm only 100% losing if I pull Gaius. Even Wrys has heavenly light.

The fodder banner doesn't appeal to me after no Matthew, Sothe or Kagero, but I also have 5 Furies and 3 Death Blows so there's that. I'd really like TA3 Fodder but the orbs simply aren't there and right now Fury or Drive RES/Firesweep Sword isn't something I'd specifically pull for and chances are I'd pull one of them instead.

Just now, Zeo said:

Pretty much every color is hell when all you're getting is *3's. Colorless isn't even hell for me at this point. Matthew is obvious, Kagero is waiting on a +ATK nature, Sothe is a thing, I'm waiting for a good nature Rebecca, Klein is a thing, Setsuna is a merge or bowbreaker, Niles is Iceberg, Virion is a merge, Clarine is a merge, Priscilla is a merge, Azama is a merge, Saizo is a merge, Serra is a future *5 +10 Merge. I'm only 100% losing if I pull Gaius. Even Wrys has heavenly light.

The fodder banner doesn't appeal to me after no Matthew, Sothe or Kagero, but I also have 5 Furies and 3 Death Blows so there's that. I'd really like TA3 Fodder but the orbs simply aren't there and right now Fury or Drive RES/Firesweep Sword isn't something I'd specifically pull for and chances are I'd pull one of them instead.

It's mostly when I get healers that have no good skills to pass.

At least Gaius has Rally Speed though. Or Rogue Dagger. But yeah he is one of the weaker skill inheritance units.

Red hell is mostly hell when you want a particular unit and get pitybroken by many of the other reds in the game. Or when you constantly see Sophias and Raighs. It can be annoying in this banner in particular because of the shared red focus if you want one unit instead of the other.

Oh well it was only 1 colourless orb in that session anyway, so just 5 orbs. At least my summoning itch is gone, for better or worse.

39 minutes ago, Zeo said:

There's no green hell because green orbs stop existing when you want them.

Just ask anyone who has sniped green after the Airzura-Myrrh-LA!Hector-Grima wombo combo. More likely than not, your pitybreakers won't be green, but other colour 5*s you get when no green orbs show up.

Edited by Korath88

51 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

It's mostly when I get healers that have no good skills to pass.

At least Gaius has Rally Speed though. Or Rogue Dagger. But yeah he is one of the weaker skill inheritance units.

Red hell is mostly hell when you want a particular unit and get pitybroken by many of the other reds in the game. Or when you constantly see Sophias and Raighs. It can be annoying in this banner in particular because of the shared red focus if you want one unit instead of the other.

Oh well it was only 1 colourless orb in that session anyway, so just 5 orbs. At least my summoning itch is gone, for better or worse.

That's generally the worst, though at this point I just merge them. *4 +10 healer. They'll be useful at one point or another I guess. Agreed on the red hell though but I've been mostly lucky not getting red pitybreakers. Though Marth has reared his head on one occasion or another. Funny, he consistently came over and over again until he came with the perfect nature and just enough of him to make a +10, and then he stopped appearing. Isn't that something?

30 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

There's no green hell because green orbs stop existing when you want them.

Just ask anyone who has sniped green after the Airzura-Myrrh-LA!Hector-Grima wombo combo. More likely than not, your pitybreakers won't be green, but other colour 5*s you get when no green orbs show up.

One of the truest statements anyone has made about this game. I don't have a single one of those units and I pulled for at least 2 of them. I even got a *5 Sheena when pulling for Dorcas.