• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

I have 155 orbs right now, but if Kaze is on the spring banner or H!Jakob is on the legendary banner they will be gone in a flash.  I still have TT orbs to get and I keep the SA orbs as a backup for when my favorite units show up and I still have most of them as a reserve.  The most orbs I saved up was close to 300 last summer but they all went away when S!Corrin showed up.  This is the most I have saved up since then.  

How are you supposed to clear the new wind map if everything there one-rounds or almost one-rounds everything you send against them and you're not allowed to lose any units? I still think the latter requirement is dumb, btw.

9 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

How are you supposed to clear the new wind map if everything there one-rounds or almost one-rounds everything you send against them and you're not allowed to lose any units? I still think the latter requirement is dumb, btw.

Do you have any effective weaponry, bow breakers, lance breakers, defensive skills or seals, a dancer...

There's lots of avenues

1 minute ago, r_n said:

Do you have any effective weaponry, bow breakers, lance breakers, defensive skills or seals, a dancer...

There's lots of avenues

No. You can only use units with wind blessings in this, remember. None of mine have that, nor need it. They'd do better with a different blessing, I think.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

No. You can only use units with wind blessings in this, remember. None of mine have that, nor need it. They'd do better with a different blessing, I think.

Let me put this another way: what is your team

if you have any green (or maybe blue, idk) unit, a lancebreaker green should be able to at least partially handle Charllotte, who you can very safely lure out.
Did you give any ranged user, green preferred but high res blue or colorless accepted, a wind blessing? Because then you can experiment with luring out Caeda on the first turn. Blue Tome Breaker, Quick Riposte, things like that. Even better if you can handle both on the same turn, but whatever.

Seal wise there's lots of useful things like the distant defense seals, stat up seals, drive defense and the extra hones, quick riposte (even unupgraded)

They won't come for you until you enter someone's area so you can spend time buffing people if needed

Cordelia is dangerous, but bow breaker can help guarantee the kill since she's frail. Ideally on player phase.

Also you claim "nor need it" but clearly you need something!

8 minutes ago, r_n said:

Let me put this another way: what is your team

if you have any green (or maybe blue, idk) unit, a lancebreaker green should be able to at least partially handle Charllotte, who you can very safely lure out.
Did you give any ranged user, green preferred but high res blue or colorless accepted, a wind blessing? Because then you can experiment with luring out Caeda on the first turn. Blue Tome Breaker, Quick Riposte, things like that. Even better if you can handle both on the same turn, but whatever.

Seal wise there's lots of useful things like the distant defense seals, stat up seals, drive defense and the extra hones, quick riposte (even unupgraded)

They won't come for you until you enter someone's area so you can spend time buffing people if needed

Cordelia is dangerous, but bow breaker can help guarantee the kill since she's frail. Ideally on player phase.

Also you claim "nor need it" but clearly you need something!

Gunnthra, Siegbert, Bunny Xander, Abel. No green Lancebreaker unit. And no, since Gunnthra is already a green ranged unit.

I already use those seals, I'm well aware.

I don't have a Bowbreaker unit that has a wind blessing.

I do need something, yeah. But I don't seem to have that something in this case.

Edited by Anacybele

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Gunnthra, Siegbert, Bunny Xander, Abel. No green Lancebreaker unit. And no, since Gunnthra is already a green ranged unit.

I already use those seals, I'm well aware.

I don't have a Bowbreaker unit that has a wind blessing.

I do need something, yeah. But I don't seem to have that something in this case.

Gunnthra, Xander & Abel can all have lancebreaker, being a ranged unit doesn't matter. Do you have drawback or reposition on your horses? She could feasibly head in, hit/kill charlotte, then get repositioned out.

I assume Abel is still a brave lance unit? He should be able to get the kill on Caeda (if you dont want to use QR or BTB Gunnthra for the sake of lnacebreaker strats) or Cordelia, they're pretty frail and I assume you have horse buffs going. Absolute emergency you can give HIM one of those breaker skills

You can just give bowbreaker to any of your units rather than pop a blessing. Even if you only use bowbreaker here and now, there's always a chance they come another chance later. I have Kagero with both dagger & bow breakers and switch accordingly, for example. I have a xander stil lcarrying around green tomebreaker from the first tempest and it's been helpful a few more times since. It's worth the investment.

Have you considered adding supports between your units as well? The few extra stat points can be the difference between life & death.

You can also just pop a blessing on a unit you think might be more useful. There's a lot of blessings to go around and in general I find it's nice to have 5 units available than just 4. 

1 hour ago, r_n said:

Gunnthra, Xander & Abel can all have lancebreaker, being a ranged unit doesn't matter. Do you have drawback or reposition on your horses? She could feasibly head in, hit/kill charlotte, then get repositioned out.

I assume Abel is still a brave lance unit? He should be able to get the kill on Caeda (if you dont want to use QR or BTB Gunnthra for the sake of lnacebreaker strats) or Cordelia, they're pretty frail and I assume you have horse buffs going. Absolute emergency you can give HIM one of those breaker skills

You can just give bowbreaker to any of your units rather than pop a blessing. Even if you only use bowbreaker here and now, there's always a chance they come another chance later. I have Kagero with both dagger & bow breakers and switch accordingly, for example. I have a xander stil lcarrying around green tomebreaker from the first tempest and it's been helpful a few more times since. It's worth the investment.

Have you considered adding supports between your units as well? The few extra stat points can be the difference between life & death.

You can also just pop a blessing on a unit you think might be more useful. There's a lot of blessings to go around and in general I find it's nice to have 5 units available than just 4. 

True. Now that I think about it though, I'm not sure I have anymore Lancebreaker fodder. Yes, I have Reposition on my horses. Except Gunnthra, she got Draw Back instead. I prefer that one for ranged units.

Yeah, he is. Yeah, I have horse buffs going.

I guess. I do have Bowbreaker on Cecilia, but she's a green horse mage like Gunnthra and that seems a bit overkill. And I only have one Setsuna, so whoever that Bowbreaker goes to would be the only other person with it. Just saying.

I don't know who though... But maybe I'll find someone.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

True. Now that I think about it though, I'm not sure I have anymore Lancebreaker fodder. Yes, I have Reposition on my horses. Except Gunnthra, she got Draw Back instead. I prefer that one for ranged units.

Yeah, he is. Yeah, I have horse buffs going.

I guess. I do have Bowbreaker on Cecilia, but she's a green horse mage like Gunnthra and that seems a bit overkill. And I only have one Setsuna, so whoever that Bowbreaker goes to would be the only other person with it. Just saying.

I don't know who though... But maybe I'll find someone.

Setsunas are fairly common so given time I'm sure you'll get another and to make your life easier it might be better to just give it to someone now.

13 minutes ago, r_n said:

Setsunas are fairly common so given time I'm sure you'll get another and to make your life easier it might be better to just give it to someone now.

I guess. I'll think about it.

On 14.3.2018 at 8:50 AM, Vaximillian said:

Implying green stones decide to appear.

I order you to lift the curse of not getting green orbs in my summoning sessions. Not only did I get few green orbs during my summoning, I also got a stupid Ike out of a forced red stone (2 Red, 3 Colorless session), resetting my % as the only focus unit I didn't want. The game really does not want me to get Hector, ever, but until now I rarely had issues getting green orbs, but when dumb Hector is back, everything is set to eliminate the slightest chance of getting him (with V!Hector it was his stupid daughter showing up twice and blocking me from being happy). Deliver me from this evil spell you conjured with that single utterance. I'm just salty because I know I'll leave this banner with 0 orbs and 0 Hectors as usual with his banners...

Oh boy. Silhouttes in about 35 hours. What theme of banner are you guys expecting and which game will it represent? I'm kinda expecting an Easter banner with Echoes characters. But it'll probably be something completely different from what I imagine it to be.

2 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Oh boy. Silhouttes in about 35 hours. What theme of banner are you guys expecting and which game will it represent? 

It will certainly be a new variation on the spring festival. Bunnies, eggs, carrots, all that jazz. As for which game, maybe even Archanea dilogy? Elibe dilogy was our last seasonal, it would make some sense.

1 minute ago, silveraura25 said:

Oh boy. Silhouttes in about 35 hours. What theme of banner are you guys expecting and which game will it represent? I'm kinda expecting an Easter banner with Echoes characters. But it'll probably be something completely different from what I imagine it to be.

I'm pretty confident it'll be another Easter-ish banner like the previous spring one, but I'm not sure about the characters. If they're going for something that hasn't gotten seasonal attention yet, like Valentine's Day, I'm guessing either FE15 with Alm/Celica or FE9/10 with Ike. Might not be the best time for another Celica banner, though, since she was on Fallen Heroes just a month ago.

5 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

If it's another spring banner like last year, I hope they choose Tellius as reps and by that i mean i need Soren begrudgingly wearing spring wear

Just now, Othin said:

I'm pretty confident it'll be another Easter-ish banner like the previous spring one, but I'm not sure about the characters. If they're going for something that hasn't gotten seasonal attention yet, like Valentine's Day, I'm guessing either FE15 with Alm/Celica or FE9/10 with Ike. Might not be the best time for another Celica banner, though, since she was on Fallen Heroes just a month ago.

True dat. Though I'm expecting a Delivarance special banner with Clair, Clive, Mathilda and Lukas. Not happening though. Haha

18 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

It will certainly be a new variation on the spring festival. Bunnies, eggs, carrots, all that jazz. As for which game, maybe even Archanea dilogy? Elibe dilogy was our last seasonal, it would make some sense.

Maybe Marth will finally get a seasonal alt.

Thinking more about the possibility of a Tellius seasonal banner: Ike is now the only one of the original CYL winners not to have a seasonal variant, so while he does have three versions already, he does seem like one of the higher priorities. Of course, that doesn't guarantee that this is the one they have in mind for him, and spring might not be the theme he's best able to work with.

When we do inevitably get some sort of Tellius seasonal banner, whatever it is, the other characters who got top 100 in either CYL are Nephenee, Soren, BK, Mia, Micaiah, Sothe, Ranulf, Lethe, Tibarn, and Haar. So some combination of those is likely, depending on the focus (FE9, FE10, or both) and whether the Tellius characters are constituting half the banner or the whole thing.

As for the spring banner in particular, it's worth bearing in mind that while all the pre-Christmas seasons featured both Awakening and Fates characters, the original spring and summer lineups featured specifically Nohrian characters rather than Hoshidan ones. So even if they avoid general Awakening and Fates repeats from last year, it's possible that one or both of those seasons this year will include Hoshidan characters. So if this spring banner features a 2/2 split like the last one, it could end up with something like Ryoma and Hinoka as a Hoshido pair plus something else. If they want to try out an FE15 seasonal without making another Celica alt this soon after her previous one, maybe Alm and Faye?

It's possible that decided to avoid putting too much more focus on FE15 until they could get the results from CYL 2, to assess their popularity. If that's the case, it raises the question of how long that'd take to actually impact a banner. Probably not quite this soon.

I'd love Tellius if it included an Elincia wearing a flowery dress and using a flower staff or flower tome. She'd look so cute and pretty!

I'm not sure how Ike would work for this one though. I see him more as a summer idea since he can show off all those muscles he has. <3 But then again, they put Chrom and Xander in bunny suits, so anything is possible. :P

Edited by Anacybele

If we get Tellius Easter units, I wouldn't mind a seasonal Titania.

I hope we get another Barracks expansion soon.  I don't want to have to send home any potential fodder, and now that Glimmer and AoE Specials are useful, there's a lot fewer units that have zero SI value.  I hit the max for the first time ever last banner, and am only at 1043/1100 after sending home some units.

I wouldn't mind an Echoes spring banner. Though I'd prefer not to see Celica on it since between her FH alt and CYL2 alt coming up that's more than enough of her for me right now. I'll take a Mae or Delthea alt, please. And dear God don't make them share colors like the last spring banner.  At least if this seasonal is another skip like Valentine's was for me, I can save for the next Legendary banner and/or hope they add some missing Fates units soon. (almost 1 year from the Bride banner and no normal Charlotte added yet.)

My urge to pull for stuff has been strong, but after 150 orbs to get a -atk F Morgan (who's pretty terrible and I'm regretting it) I think I need to restrain myself for more stuff I really want, not just would like to have.