Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

10 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

@Zeo probably there will be another chance to get her in the future. 

Tomorrow there is a banner on the schedule: "weapons to refine". Perhaps it will feature Takumi another time? 

I feel like it would be the new Eirika, Soren and Leo banner.

kind of annoying Seliph, Linde and Merric were skipped after their weapon upgrade announcements. Maybe it's because there's no special effect refines but it would be nice.

also yeah @Zeo count me in on waiting for Fanlivia's return. Also since switching to armours for arena my playstyle has changed to enemy phase and liking bulky units. Also helps to see less horses in arena

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Finished Rival Domains for the week. So far, the new mode is not growing on me. It's my least favourite of all, including the pointless BHB reruns (except they take up a slot for something that could be better, so maybe it's on par). I think I prefer the tighter normal maps, personally. Now that I'm used to them, the larger maps put me in the mind of FE4, although it's not quite that bad xD 

Hopefully they'll put some improvements in, but I'm not sure what can improve it for me. As long as I can keep getting the prizes first time, I won't mind it as much, but if I have to keep rerunning it, I might properly start to hate it

Oh right, the refinement banner. I'd forgotten that those three didn't already have a banner so I was hopeful they'd be adding three more refinements in when they do the update that adds the next banner. But that's obviously not happening now. Probably just open a freebie red then (probably just jinxed myself there).

The real challenge will be delaying the seasonal summoning until after the legendary banner is revealed. It's going to be a difficult week.

Just upgraded Ninian's Light Breath+ to Light Breath+ (+SPD)

It was supposed to be Lightning Breath+ I upgraded.

asdfghjkl;

Well, there's 350 SP down the drain. And it is so frustrating to SP farm with her. She's not like Hector, who can just be set loose by himself in Lunatic and kill the map on Auto Battle. She is a fragile flower whose every move must be determined by the rampant idiocy tactical brilliance of the Summoner, aka me.

>:(

Back to the grindstone...

34 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

kind of annoying Seliph, Linde and Merric were skipped after their weapon upgrade announcements. Maybe it's because there's no special effect refines but it would be nice.

Technically speaking, those aren't refinements.

30 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

Finished Rival Domains for the week. So far, the new mode is not growing on me. It's my least favourite of all, including the pointless BHB reruns (except they take up a slot for something that could be better, so maybe it's on par). I think I prefer the tighter normal maps, personally. Now that I'm used to them, the larger maps put me in the mind of FE4, although it's not quite that bad xD 

Hopefully they'll put some improvements in, but I'm not sure what can improve it for me. As long as I can keep getting the prizes first time, I won't mind it as much, but if I have to keep rerunning it, I might properly start to hate it

I think if they had better rewards there would be more incentive. It takes a while and for only 1 orb or just 10 dew..

@Reddazrael

Ouch that hurts. I've seen a lot of people make the mistake. At least the extra Spd will make her double/be bulkier when training? Maybe give her a blessing for double SP to speed up the process?

@Ice Dragon yeah i realised eventually. Still would be nice as a banner mainly for Linde because she's really rare and hasn't been in a banner for a long time

1 minute ago, mcsilas said:

I think if they had better rewards there would be more incentive. It takes a while and for only 1 orb or just 10 dew..

Maybe... but then if they did that, it becomes even worse if you can't quite get the right score and have to keep playing the same map again and again... 

Urgh, hope it never comes to that. 

On the positive side, I have been enjoying playing with other people's units. I even used Amelia, but I will admit I had the graphics turned off because her damaged art still disturbs me -.- 

1 minute ago, Cute Chao said:

Maybe... but then if they did that, it becomes even worse if you can't quite get the right score and have to keep playing the same map again and again... 

On the positive side, I have been enjoying playing with other people's units. I even used Amelia, but I will admit I had the graphics turned off because her damaged art still disturbs me -.- 

I just tap the screen really fast so i don't have to see it for too long lol

yeah that's the one good thing about. Feels nice to use units you don't have

13 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

I wish it was like tap battle where to get the reward, all you need to do is complete the map and score ranking was purely there for show.

3 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

I wish it was like tap battle where to get the reward, all you need to do is complete the map and score ranking was purely there for show.

That would be good. So far, I've just slid past the score needed each time, but this time I had to play with armours to do so. Even with armour march, on maps the size they are... it was just painful -.- If I could have played that one defensively and had more of a defend your fortress thing, that might have been better, but had to earn those points to get my dew. 

16 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

I just tap the screen really fast so i don't have to see it for too long lol

yeah that's the one good thing about. Feels nice to use units you don't have

Yup... Like Legendary Ephraim v.v 

I've used him now. I want him more. But I also want Bunny Alfonse and Finn. Gosh darn it, so many wants! xD 

I actually managed to clear hard and infernal versions of rival domains with LA!Lyn as my only armor unit. Although ... it took many tries.

Many, MANY tries.

Generally, it seems like if you can grab all the enemy fortresses, you're good. The problem is that it's really hard to do on the harder difficulties.

@mcsilas Thanks for the sympathy, haha. I just kept the vanilla Lightning Breath+ on her and used The Workout Lunatic map to farm 54 SP per round. Expensive as far as stamina goes, but much more reliable for steady SP gain. It more than evened out in the end. Now she has Lightning Breath+ (+SPD), and thanks to my blunder I ended up with enough Divine Dew to upgrade Chrom's Falchion to its unique effect form, so maybe it was a good thing in the end? Now he's healing 20 HP every other round; more than enough to keep Fallen Celica in the game.

I think I'll change my lead to Morgan for a while, though. As badass as Fallen Celica is, he's turned out to be a force to be reckoned with, honestly. He's mama's little monster and I couldn't be prouder. <3 Not creepy.

9 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I actually managed to clear hard and infernal versions of rival domains with LA!Lyn as my only armor unit. Although ... it took many tries.

Many, MANY tries.

Generally, it seems like if you can grab all the enemy fortresses, you're good. The problem is that it's really hard to do on the harder difficulties.

I was so annoyed when a fortress was grabbed off me last minute (I managed to snag both the other enemies fortresses other than their main) and literally turn 10, the second one I'd snagged was gone. Just managed to scrape by on that one, but I think the fact I pretty much used every armour I had, plus Amelia from a friend, just managed to drag my score up there. 

I'm looking forward to cavalry bonus week, at least. Like with FE4, the maps are designed for the horsies... though I'm expecting lots of forests and obstacles just to make it more of a pain when it comes. 

I tried this week's with all cavalry. It didn't turn out well. My winning team was a mix of high-powered infantry from my friends list, plus my own fliers. No armour whatsoever, so I had to get S in every other category to get the reward.

How does the type bonus even work anyway? Do you get like a B if you take half armours for example?

6 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

How does the type bonus even work anyway? Do you get like a B if you take half armours for example?

I believe you get points for each kill made by a unit of that type.

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I believe you get points for each kill made by a unit of that type.

Makes sense I think. If I'm remembering right, last week I had a couple of infantry units turn up late as reinforcements, but I don't remember getting any bonus points. I went with a full horse team as the starting deployment, and I guess they got every single kill and left no scraps for the infantry.

7 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Makes sense I think. If I'm remembering right, last week I had a couple of infantry units turn up late as reinforcements, but I don't remember getting any bonus points. I went with a full horse team as the starting deployment, and I guess they got every single kill and left no scraps for the infantry.

Did a quick test, 1 Armored kill got a C, 8 Armored kills got a B score for Bonus. I do know that 0 kills is a D and 20 kills gets an S, so I'd wager the cut-offs are 0 (D), 1-4 (C), 5-9 (B), 10-19 (A), and 20 (S).

@mcsilas @mampfoid Yeah, don't know when but maybe after a long rotation someday she'll come back. It's sad though. Nearly every seasonal that has a dagger unit typically that unit will interest me the most but I almost never pull that unit. I got lucky with S!Frederick. But for the other banners I got Inigo (not Olivia), Henry (not Sakura) and Camilla (not Takumi, yes I wanted him more than the flying dancer and didn't get either.).

And yeah, refine banner will just be Eirika, Soren and Leo. I'll just free pull red or colorless and back out.

Wait a second, Eirika will be on the refine banner? Haa... as much as I'd like to pull my last copy of her to make a +10 at last I really don't want to pull on banners where she shares color with another unit, I have absolutely no use for Leo and his stats suck compared to Eirikalter, at least when it comes to being an offensive cavalier which is what Horse Emblem likes the most, Leo has his defensive anti-mage niche but I still don't want him. 

Anyways, my Tactics team is coming along pretty nicely. Def Tactic with Close Def makes Sheena inmune to L!Ephraim and whenever I get enough feathers to give Eirika Res Tactic then Nowi will also become an afterthough. I'd use Distant Def but Reinhardt barely deals damage as it is and anything more is just overkill. I just promoted a +Atk Cordelia to 5* and I'll have to wait for the weekend to train her for the x4 SP taking her blessing into account, I still need to give her LnD 3 but I'll hold off to see if I can get a Sothe while pulling for S!Kagero instead of killing another Hana.

15 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

Wait a second, Eirika will be on the refine banner? Haa... as much as I'd like to pull my last copy of her to make a +10 at last I really don't want to pull on banners where she shares color with another unit, I have absolutely no use for Leo and his stats suck compared to Eirikalter, at least when it comes to being an offensive cavalier which is what Horse Emblem likes the most, Leo has his defensive anti-mage niche but I still don't want him. 

Meanwhile, I'm on the opposite end of this. Figures that first banner regular Leo (stuck at +0 because pulling even just one more copy of him would be too convenient) gets in months is one where he has to share his color. Eirika, meanwhile, can continuing buffing Nino and doing very little else for all I care. That said, I can't wait to get a 5* of her as my free pull. I just know that if I get a free pull 5*, it is going to be her.

Edited by Tybrosion

It would be funny if the free summon is Gleipnir Eirika instead- a combination of both the red focus units

@Zeo it's partly because there were more priority pulls whenever Fanlivia was on. Either your first green dancer, or L'Ephraim/Summer Corrin in the last legendary banner

i wish we already knew what the legendary banner units are. Or the stats for the Spring units. So tempted to try again for Counter banner...

definitely either summer Tiki or Elise which i'm not too tempted for. I hope the dancer will be Shigure and not Inigo yet, so i can save more orbs..

22 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

It would be funny if the free summon is Gleipnir Eirika instead- a combination of both the red focus units

Yes, it would....in the sense that if I ever pull her, I'm going to pump her up to Lv. 40 immediately, get the confession, and then gift someone (probably Soleil) Swift Sparrow 2 and Rally Atk/Spd. I'll never allow the likes of her to upstage Leo in my house.

29 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Meanwhile, I'm on the opposite end of this. Figures that first banner regular Leo (stuck at +0 because pulling even just one more copy of him would be too convenient) gets in months is one where he has to share his color. Eirika, meanwhile, can continuing buffing Nino and doing very little else for all I care. That said, I can't wait to get a 5* of her as my free pull. I just know that if I get a free pull 5*, it is going to be her.

I feel the same, free Leo sitting on my barracks forever alongside Seliph and Clive woo!.

@Cute Chao Finally someone who shares my pain. I’ve griped about  this mode for a while now and I still don’t like it. Especially since it’s the only other way to get the ever elusive divine dew, and it doesn’t give much in the first place. The mode just feels like a mess to me overall.