Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

Agreed. I don't really want another Grima so soon, although I did expect them to do a female Grima at some point. I was hoping for a cool oc although seeing Lilith would have been nice... or Nasir just because xD

Oh well, I didn't really have plans to pull for a legendary hero before Ephraim anyway, so I was sorta hoping the next one would be someone I didn't care much for. I can keep trying for Adorable Alfonse without missing out.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

7 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

You mean Gunnthra? Fjorm was the free lance LH one. 

Also regarding the previous Oosawa manga, did you read the untranslated raw somewhere else? Because I remember the wikia says Hilda is absent from Oosawa's Genealogy manga, and likely her kids and husband wouldn't too. 

Fjorm is associated with ice and is considered a legendary water hero. Gunnthra is associated with ice and is considered a legendary wind hero...
I'm guessing Fjorm is solid ice and Gunnthra icy winds.

Spoiler

This Robin might be using a sword for all we know

Oh, you asked me once if there was Thor guy in the manga. Tailtiu's dad was, but I dunno about the rest

2 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Fjorm is associated with ice and is considered a legendary water hero. Gunnthra is associated with ice and is considered a legendary wind hero...
I'm guessing Fjorm is solid ice and Gunnthra icy winds.

Hide contents

This Robin might be using a sword for all we know

Oh, you asked me once if there was Thor guy in the manga. Tailtiu's dad was, but I dunno about the rest

Okay, solid point. Like lightining can be associated to eithee wind or fire I  guess

no, back then I was specifically asked for Bloom, not if there is any Thrud male. Bloom should have kidnapped Tailtitu after Belhalla, yet in the Oosawa manga Tailtiu jumped to the sea with Azelle. 

3 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

Okay, solid point. Like lightining can be associated to eithee wind or fire I  guess

no, back then I was specifically asked for Bloom, not if there is any Thrud male. Bloom should have kidnapped Tailtitu after Belhalla, yet in the Oosawa manga Tailtiu jumped to the sea with Azelle. 

Then I mixed Bloom up for Tailtiu's dad. Sorry

Spoiler

Pildiotsingu anime tongue out tulemus

But it was the Oosawa manga which I read

Edited by silveraura25

Spoiler

I’m thinking legendary  Female Robin just might be a in a Grandmaster outfit, as opposed to being a colorless dragon. I’d be totally fine with this honestly, as she looks much better as a Grandmaster than a regular tactician.

Edited by SilvertheShadow

...I can't believe it. I just found I've been pronouncing Sharena's name wrong all this time. Like, since launch. But I'm way too used to saying it how I always did. I don't know if I can change that now.

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

...I can't believe it. I just found I've been pronouncing Sharena's name wrong all this time. Like, since launch. But I'm way too used to saying it how I always did. I don't know if I can change that now.

I've had mixed success. The only verbal pronunciation of her name I know of is in one of Nowi's Tap! voice clips.

1 minute ago, Glennstavos said:

I've had mixed success. The only verbal pronunciation of her name I know of is in one of Nowi's Tap! voice clips.

Sharena's? I hadn't known Nowi said it in one of her clips. I found out because Bunny Sharena says her own name in two clips. "It's your super bun-bun pal, Sharena!" "I'll always be your bun-bun pal, Sharena!" Something like those.

Man, I love how bubbly and cute she is though! And I admire her for being so outgoing and into making friends. She's basically what I wish I could be like. She also kinda looks like me, because I have greenish eyes and long blonde hair like her in a vaguely similar style (though my hair is darker).

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Sharena's? I hadn't known Nowi said it in one of her clips. I found out because Bunny Sharena says her own name in two clips. "It's your super bun-bun pal, Sharena!" "I'll always be your bun-bun pal, Sharena!" Something like those.

Here is Nowi’s: “Alfonse and Sharena and Anna are the best! You're the best, too!” It’s five-star-only.
Here’s one of Sharena’s: “It's your super bun-bun pal, Sharena!” and here’s her other one: “Even when spring is over, I'll always be your super bun-bun pal, Sharena!”

Between Nowi’s and Sharena’s lines I hear something middle between shah-REH-nuh (how I personally pronounce it) and shah-RAY-nuh, and I can’t quite put my foot on either.

They should've just left her name Sharon like in the Japanese version. No ambiguity on pronunciation even in English.

Though hopefully this reduces the number of people who misspell her name as "Shareena".

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

Though hopefully this reduces the number of people who misspell her name as "Shareena".

I remember dozens of people mixing her up with Sheena.

Sha-ray-nah?

I have always and will continue to say Sha-ree-nah.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Seriously? How stupid are some people?

Sharena and Sheena were two completely new characters to a lot of people. I myself still have no idea who Sheena is. But yeah, lots of people screwed those names up in the first few months of the game.

Edited by Hawk King

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Here is Nowi’s: “Alfonse and Sharena and Anna are the best! You're the best, too!” It’s five-star-only.
Here’s one of Sharena’s: “It's your super bun-bun pal, Sharena!” and here’s her other one: “Even when spring is over, I'll always be your super bun-bun pal, Sharena!”

Between Nowi’s and Sharena’s lines I hear something middle between shah-REH-nuh (how I personally pronounce it) and shah-RAY-nuh, and I can’t quite put my foot on either.

Huh, I see.

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

They should've just left her name Sharon like in the Japanese version. No ambiguity on pronunciation even in English.

I like the name Sharena better, honestly. In either pronunciation.

But yeah, that misspelling always bugged me.

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

I remember dozens of people mixing her up with Sheena.

Seriously? How stupid are some people?

3 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Not stupid, just not attentive enough, maybe. The names do look similar.

I'm of the opinion that inattentiveness is just another flavor of stupid. Like how I felt when Johann mentioned there were different BGM tracks for Rival Domains.

5 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Not stupid, just not attentive enough, maybe. The names do look similar.

Kinda like how we have a Clarine, a Clair and a Clarisse. It doesn’t help that all three are blonde girls and that the first two are pretty much the same person.

5 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Kinda like how we have a Clarine, a Clair and a Clarisse. It doesn’t help that all three are blonde girls and that the first two are pretty much the same person.

Waiting for the day when we have all of Celice, Cerise, Cecilia, Cecil, and Cellica (Seliph, Gunnthra, Cecilia, Cecille, and Celica in English). We're just missing one.

Edited by Ice Dragon

8 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Waiting for the day when we have all of Celice, Cerise, Cecilia, Cecil, and Cellica (Seliph, Gunnthra, Cecilia, Cecille, and Celica in English). We're just missing one.

IMG_20171206_173118.jpg

What a marvellous dyslexic’s nightmare team this would be.

@mampfoid I'm not entirely sure what I'm going to do with Serra yet. A Close Counter build was a consideration, but she's somewhat meant to be the spiritual successor to Genny, so she may get Gravity and Wrathful Staff. Genny has never let me down and with some TLC, Serra can be crafted to a very close mold of her.

@Rafiel's Aria That's a really good candidate for Close Counter. By the looks of it though he's a double Rein/Lyn counter so that's just as good.

@Infinite Dreams I don't think I've heard anyone call her anything other than Sha-Ree-Nah.

Screw yall, Sha-ree-na or bust.

Sometimes I wonder if name pronunciation is complex not because we (and I) don't try to understand it, but because the universe (and also people) like screwing with people across years, maybe even generations...

11 hours ago, Zeo said:

@Vaximillian @mampfoid @mcsilas @SatsumaFSoysoy @Johann @Fei Mao @Quintessence @NegativeExponents- @Rezzy @Rafiel's Aria @Hawk King @Poimagic @Glennstavos @Hilda @Cute Chao @eclipse

So I did a thing after the Easter banner dropped...

CZ04XDs.png

3 More to go. First +10 is getting closer... Also think I may record an AA run. After this my next run will probably be my highest score ever.

Congratulations! So happy for you. I’ll admit, when you mentioned the Easter Banner the first thing I thought was that you gave Matt the Lethal Carrot. Hope that AA run goes well for you.

Joining the people who say Sha-Ree-Nah. Whoops. Not sure I can change it mentally, either. If only they had all the characters just stand up and say 'I'm X' like with the Fates Children xD 

I'm really liking Alfonse more and more as a character. He was good in the last few story chapters, and he really made me laugh in the latest paralogue. I want to get him to see if his lines make me laugh, too (please, no one quote them for me. I want to get them myself when I hopefully pull him). 

Sharena's adorable as ever, although her voice is a tad annoying to me in some of her voice lines. Glad I got her, but now I want her to make way for her brother and stop coming to me lol