Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

8 minutes ago, Javi Blizz said:

Hey guys, I was thinking about something: if the new voting gaunlet were about spring 2018 vs spring 2017, and the VG banner were spring 2017 units...could they add the to the permanent pool after that? I mean, they had their original banner, and had been rerun in the Legendary Banners, but I don’t ser them putting units like Spring Xander again on a Legendary Banner. And a year seems legit to let people get them out of the season, but I haven’t played almost any gacha, so idk

I don't think they'll be added to the permanent pool, but I wouldn't be surprised if after this point they start appearing on regular banners, like "Heroes with (skill)" and Hero Fests.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

1 minute ago, Othin said:

I don't think they'll be added to the permanent pool, but I wouldn't be surprised if after this point they start appearing on regular banners, like "Heroes with (skill)" and Hero Fests.

I'd like that to happen. It feels like a good way to make them more available than just their original banner and the legendary banner. 

Of course, they might just keep them rotating on the legendary banner to try and keep it more appealing, too -.-

Just now, Cute Chao said:

I'd like that to happen. It feels like a good way to make them more available than just their original banner and the legendary banner. 

Of course, they might just keep them rotating on the legendary banner to try and keep it more appealing, too -.-

That's also possible. Each legendary banner has four seasonal units, and while we were getting four seasonal units per month for a while, they seem to be dialing back a bit. That means eventually, the legendary banners will have to rerun old seasonal units to avoid running out.

But I'm not sure how often they'll be able to do that. Could get pretty crowded.

40 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

Well, I have no more orbs left, but we can swap luck now in preparation! :D

I'm also forcing Bunny Chrom, Alfonse and Bunny Xander to hold hands in the hope that the combination brings forth a Bunny Alfonse xD He gets the axe from Chrom, the horse from Xander, and double length bunny ears from both. It just has to work! 

Ayyyyyyyy I force them for you too! c'mon you must to get your Ephraim too!

We swap luck 'til now :D!

Edited by Nosmur

How about replacing the general 5* pool with one just containing old seasonal units for all seasonal banners? So you have the usual 3% focus rate for the new units, but the other 3% is simply all previous seasonal units. No chance of a pitybreaker Mist this way.

57 minutes ago, Javi Blizz said:

Hey guys, I was thinking about something: if the new voting gaunlet were about spring 2018 vs spring 2017, and the VG banner were spring 2017 units...could they add the to the permanent pool after that? I mean, they had their original banner, and had been rerun in the Legendary Banners, but I don’t ser them putting units like Spring Xander again on a Legendary Banner. And a year seems legit to let people get them out of the season, but I haven’t played almost any gacha, so idk

I would certainly appreciate a way to un-limit seasonal banners. And since the most common color for seasonals is green while red is the least common, it would help correct the color disparity.

I was thinking seasonal units could have their own pool, as the seasonal pool has to be as big as the Day 1 5* pool. It should be doable honestly.

21 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

I would certainly appreciate a way to un-limit seasonal banners. And since the most common color for seasonals is green while red is the least common, it would help correct the color disparity.

Yeah, this isn't a bad idea.

They should just temporarily replace heroes in the summoning pool with their seasonal variant when applicable, their rarity matching their original hero, except old holiday armors and mage fliers are 5 exclusives. Would possibly add incentive to pull on junk banners and give NY!Corrin and LA!Eliwood a chance at IVs.

Alternatively, what about paying orbs to send heroes off to change into their seasonal outfits?

Seasonals and non-seasonals absolutely must not mix in the general pool. Have dedicated rerun banners alongside actuall banners or something, but not put then into the general pool.

I think ideas for getting seasonal units off-focus are kind of missing the point of seasonal units.

---

Looking back, we got advance notice of the content in the 2.3 update on 2/25, and advance notice of the content in the 2.2 update on 1/27. Wonder if we'll find out in a few days what to expect out of 2.4.

I wouldn't mind them being there permanently but I'm mindful of people who detest them and would then have no way of avoiding them. Having Christmas units turn up as a pitybreaker on the Easter banner on the other hand should be no issue. But simply adding them without removing the non-seasonals would mean the odds of any of them turning up would be so low as to make it a pointless change.

Making old seasonals into 4* focus units in following years is doable I guess, but IS probably sees them as being too powerful to do that, and if you pick and choose which ones go down, there probably won't be enough to make a sufficiently varied pool.

I’d actually like some seasonals to be put on skills banners/event banners. Mostly because I could pull some seasonal’s I never got but wanted (C!Tharja, NY!Camilla, H!Henry, and LA!Lyn). Or maybe it’s because I’m a fan of seasonals. Who really knowss

Honestly I thought it was kinda odd how we can’t have folks like Mia, Lute, and Dorcas in the wild, but somehow the Fallen Heroes are eligible.

Also, anyone enjoying the new seasonal paralogue music? It puts last years to shame. So much more bouncier and hummable compared to that forgettable lame ass track.

Edited by SilvertheShadow

4 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

On the topic of misspelling Sharena’s name: Alphonse. Who actually is Alfonse with an F.

Apparently a lot of flavours of autocorrect will automatically change Alfonse to Alphonse. Me though, I'm happy to continue calling him Alf (stone the flamin' crows), along with his sister Shaz/Shazza. A couple of dinky di, true blue Aussie names.

Edited by Humanoid

9 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

On the topic of misspelling Sharena’s name: Alphonse. Who actually is Alfonse with an F.

Blame FMA.

18 minutes ago, SilvertheShadow said:

Honestly I thought it was kinda odd how we can’t have folks like Mia, Lute, and Dorcas in the wild, but somehow the Fallen Heroes are eligible.

Also, anyone enjoying the new seasonal paralogue music? It puts last years to shame. So much more bouncier and hummable compared to that forgettable lame ass track.

Mia, Lute and Dorcas are in the 5* pool, and none of the Fallen Heroes dropped, so I'm not sure what you're getting at.

EDIT: Oh, you mean in the Tempest/Training Tower. Derp. ignore me.

Edited by Seafarer

1 hour ago, Vaximillian said:

Alphonse sounds classier. And reminds me of the okayish character Alphonse Zona Meridia from Arc Rise Fantasia. Oh well, someone else in FE can take Alphonse, and then we can get Alf and Alph. We can call them the Al-fpha Numbers. 

Which reminds me of Alphonse's much better big half-brother Weiss, I liked him a lot. But this is neither here nor there.

1 hour ago, Vaximillian said:

Anime was a mistake.

But comics were not and hence we need a full team of characters that look like Farthur. (Garthur will be Gen 2 Genealogy's designation until further notice.)

7 hours ago, tobuShogi said:

So I was bored and decided to look over the Cordelia's that I've pulled. Of the 8 that I've pulled so far, 5 have or had a speed bane. One is +Atk/-Def and the other 2 whose banes I no longer remember were merged into the +Atk one. 2 were used to give someone TA2 because Roy refused to show up when I needed it. The other 3 speed bane Cordelia's will eventually get merged into the +Atk one once I get around to it. Ideally I'd like a +Spd/-Res one. We'll see how long the game will deny me so that goes.

I was waiting for a +SPD copy since a long time, but now that I gave my +ATK/-HP Cordelia Slaying Lance (SPD refinement) and the heavy blade seal, I'm not sure anymore if I'd use a different nature over her.  

11 hours ago, Zeo said:

@Rafiel's Aria That's a really good candidate for Close Counter. By the looks of it though he's a double Rein/Lyn counter so that's just as good.

I've thought about giving him Close Counter a lot...but he's done really well with Fury. It puts all his stats into a really comfortable range. It gives him enough fire power to handle Lyn and sometimes he can bait Reinhardt, but I usually have someone else on my team for that. 

But because I'm incredibly impatient...I decided to grind for some feathers. I completed the Book II Normal/Hard chapters as well as some paralogues for the feathers and I made sure to use units that were really close to dishing out HM feathers. Special thanks to NY!Azura, Nephenee, Innes, Gordin, Katarina, Lyon, and Xander (probably a few others too) for helping out. But I managed to get the 14k (give or take) feathers I needed to promote that last copy of Merric. So happy to have him finished after all these months. DEF is a little lower without the blessing, but he's still amazing.

LZ81X37.png?1