Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

@Rafiel's Aria huh, sounds like a similar situation to my Halloween Henry. Theoretically Close Counter would be good on him but i've been so impressed with Fury and can't see myself changing it anytime soon. Oh and I also have Bowbreaker on him as well!

Glad to see the +10 is finished!

what's the boon/bane?

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

6 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

@Rafiel's Aria huh, sounds like a similar situation to my Halloween Henry. Theoretically Close Counter would be good on him but i've been so impressed with Fury and can't see myself changing it anytime soon. Oh and I also have Bowbreaker on him as well!

Glad to see the +10 is finished!

what's the boon/bane?

I've got the Close Counter fodder.... I've give it to Leon, and he's done well with it. I'm holding out for a kind of bulky mage of some sort but one that also has a decent ATK stat. Poor Boey and Merric...and Henry (the normal one) aren't the most gifted in that department. Maybe I'll get lucky and Canas will end up fitting the bill! I'm liking M!Morgan a lot, so I might end up giving it to him if I can pull some good copies. I know I've been tempted to give it to Lyon once or twice, but we'll have to wait and see what kind of upgrades he might get in the future. Maybe something special if -raven tomes ever get a boost.

But this Merric is +ATK -HP. I would've liked -RES as the bane, but he's actually been performing pretty well with the -HP. And having the extra RES has been helpful in the Arena. With buffs, he's at the point where he can't really double a lot of faster mages like Nino or Tharja, but they can't double him, so he can tank a hit if I need him to.

So I just did a thing or two for a certain someone, which might've come at the expense of a Hector and a Fir.

Spoiler

RbbC3Gq.png?1

Next up is getting a spare Aether user and a spare Nephenee, but as it is she's already rounding into the adorable monster she was always meant to be.

@Rafiel's Aria He looks amazing. Congrats on the +10! Like people have never considered Matthew to be worth using, I've never even considered Merric as a unit and he's always been very underwhelming to me. To see someone build him to this magnitude deserves utmost respect. And you have mine.

I actually got impatient with my feathers. Won't be doing any pulls for a week and I have 40k feathers so I just impulsed, looked at my dear ol' +1 Nino and tossed her the two -ATK spares I had for 40k feathers. Now I have a +3 Nino along with my +7 Matthew. When he's finished I'll already have a headstart on her. By the time I get another one I'll have another 20k feathers anyways. I'm already at 8k now.

1 minute ago, Zeo said:

I actually got impatient with my feathers. Won't be doing any pulls for a week and I have 40k feathers so I just impulsed, looked at my dear ol' +1 Nino and tossed her the two -ATK spares I had for 40k feathers. Now I have a +3 Nino along with my +7 Matthew. When he's finished I'll already have a headstart on her. By the time I get another one I'll have another 20k feathers anyways. I'm already at 8k now.

I was at 60k and promoted female Robin and Chrom. Now I’m keeping 20k in case of a sudden Ishtar.

Apropos promotions: Which healer should I promote next? All my 5* healers (Elise, Sakura, Priscilla, Genny, Lachesis, Lyn, Clarine) have maxed HM. Azama is tempting, since I want to try the Pain/Savage Blow thing, but I like also Lissa (Gravity is very useful). Wrys, Lucius and Serra have to wait, but also Maria (+SPD) could be a candidate. 

@Tybrosion looks terrifying. I'm also saving up copies of her, I don't know yet what for. 

5 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Apropos promotions: Which healer should I promote next? All my 5* healers (Elise, Sakura, Priscilla, Genny, Lachesis, Lyn, Clarine) have maxed HM. Azama is tempting, since I want to try the Pain/Savage Blow thing, but I like also Lissa (Gravity is very useful). Wrys, Lucius and Serra have to wait, but also Maria (+SPD) could be a candidate. 

@Tybrosion looks terrifying. I'm also saving up copies of her, I don't know yet what for. 

I would go with Azama. He can fill in a niche in PVE and AA when you need a physical tanky healer that has to survive some hits. Alhough its kinda expensiv to built him up that way. All the other roles are kinda occupied by your other healers.

14 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Yeah, I'm focusing on her for a bit since I ran out of Cordelias to merge. I've got three Soleils remaining so I can have her join Cordelia at +6 as the feathers come in. From there, I guess it'll be a race between the two to see which one can get pulled four more times before the other. Regardless, they're both going to be parts of a new arena offense core.

11 minutes ago, Hilda said:

I would go with Azama. He can fill in a niche in PVE and AA when you need a physical tanky healer that has to survive some hits. Alhough its kinda expensiv to built him up that way. All the other roles are kinda occupied by your other healers.

I have a +DEF/-SPD 4*+6 Azama who I will keep for a 4*+10 eventually. My plan was to promote a +RES/-ATK copy and give him Pain+ (Dazzle refinement) and double Savage Blow. He could keep Martyr+, but I also have Rehab+ fodder ready. What expensive skill do you mean exactly? 

1 minute ago, Tybrosion said:

Yeah, I'm focusing on her for a bit since I ran out of Cordelias to merge. I've got three Soleils remaining so I can have her join Cordelia at +6 as the feathers come in. From there, I guess it'll be a race between the two to see which one can get pulled four more times before the other. Regardless, they're both going to be parts of a new arena offense core.

Im indecisive about the red unit of my arena core. It's very unlikely that I'll ever get my BH!Roy to +10 (currently +5, I was very lucky so far), alternatives would be Tiki, Caeda or Soleil. 

Edited by mampfoid

On 23.3.2018 at 10:20 AM, mampfoid said:

I have a +DEF/-SPD 4*+6 Azama who I will keep for a 4*+10 eventually. My plan was to promote a +RES/-ATK copy and give him Pain+ (Dazzle refinement) and double Savage Blow. He could keep Martyr+, but I also have Rehab+ fodder ready. What expensive skill do you mean exactly? 

My optimized +DEF/-ATK Azama uses Pain+, Martyr+, Miracle, Warding Stance 3, Guard 3, Savage Blow 3 (flexible sometimes he runs Infantery pulse), and Seal: Fortress Res 3

Which brings him at a totall of 39 Def and 40 RES when he is being attacked. Since he has dazzling staff refine he never gets counterattacked.
However i need to upgrade this and switch out Warding Stance 3 (+6 RES when being attacked) for Swift Stance 2 (+4RES and +4 SPD) which can prevent some doubles from slower units.
Guard 3 prevents him from being slaughtered by specials.
Also note it is recommended to pair him up with someone that has ardent sacrifice or reciprocle aid, synergizes well with Martyr+, or someone that takes constant damage or so.

Atm he looks like this:

I also have other builds, but this is the one i use mostly on him in Arena. With his balanced bulk he Tanks Dragons and can indefinitly a path on a Defense tile, with snipers (ranged) shooting from behind him.
Just watch out for Litrblade users, Raventome users that can double and Armorers that use Bold Fighter.

Edited by Hilda

@Hilda Mine won't compete with your fabulous +10 Azama, but I also don't need to run him in arena (mostly TTs).

Miracle and Guard 2 (similar to QR there is no big difference to level 3) are available at 4*. I do have a spare Ike, but he is booked for a dragon, so I'll have to think of another A-Skill ... perhaps Fortress DEF? My Fortress RES seal isn't upgraded yet, QP would help him proc Miracle in TTs.

13 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

@Hilda Mine won't compete with your fabulous +10 Azama, but I also don't need to run him in arena (mostly TTs).

Miracle and Guard 2 (similar to QR there is no big difference to level 3) are available at 4*. I do have a spare Ike, but he is booked for a dragon, so I'll have to think of another A-Skill ... perhaps Fortress DEF? My Fortress RES seal isn't upgraded yet, QP would help him proc Miracle in TTs.

Fortres RES works if you want to upgrade his RES, Fortress DEF is also nice. It really depends what you want to withstand more. And for TT you better go with Wings of Mercy instead of Guard 3 if you run Auto-Battle. Azama cant be killed in TT unless 4 units gank up on him (tough thats +10 5 star, its a bit different on 5 Star aloe)

4 minutes ago, Hilda said:

Fortres RES works if you want to upgrade his RES, Fortress DEF is also nice. It really depends what you want to withstand more. And for TT you better go with Wings of Mercy instead of Guard 3 if you run Auto-Battle. Azama cant be killed in TT unless 4 units gank up on him (tough thats +10 5 star, its a bit different on 5 Star aloe)

Fortress RES is too expensive (only have 1 Innes and Gunnthrá each), but WoM is a nice Idea (even if I don't auto-battle in TTs). I'm out of Cains, a 4* Palla will do. 

Thanks! 

Edited by mampfoid

1 hour ago, Vaximillian said:

I was at 60k and promoted female Robin and Chrom. Now I’m keeping 20k in case of a sudden Ishtar.

I've had F!Robin promoted for the longest. I don't even remember why I promoted her, I must have had a shortage of green mages or greens in general, I know it was before I pulled my first Hector, but she was just so bad underwhelming I never ended up building or using her. Chrom though! Don't know why you'd promote him of all people but he's fun. I've got him at +2 and as you already know have chosen him to be my endgame unit.

Between Chrom, Eirika and Athena (the only units in the *4 pool I'd be willing to +10 at *5) Chrom's got just a bit more cool factor for me, and while Eirika and Athena have more versatility, Chrom slays Dragons, a unit type that at this point I don't ever see not being relevant in this game's meta, especially at the top.

3 hours ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

I've thought about giving him Close Counter a lot...but he's done really well with Fury. It puts all his stats into a really comfortable range. It gives him enough fire power to handle Lyn and sometimes he can bait Reinhardt, but I usually have someone else on my team for that. 

But because I'm incredibly impatient...I decided to grind for some feathers. I completed the Book II Normal/Hard chapters as well as some paralogues for the feathers and I made sure to use units that were really close to dishing out HM feathers. Special thanks to NY!Azura, Nephenee, Innes, Gordin, Katarina, Lyon, and Xander (probably a few others too) for helping out. But I managed to get the 14k (give or take) feathers I needed to promote that last copy of Merric. So happy to have him finished after all these months. DEF is a little lower without the blessing, but he's still amazing.

LZ81X37.png?1

He's beautiful.  Congrats!  :):

3 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

So I just did a thing or two for a certain someone, which might've come at the expense of a Hector and a Fir.

Hide contents

RbbC3Gq.png?1

Next up is getting a spare Aether user and a spare Nephenee, but as it is she's already rounding into the adorable monster she was always meant to be.

She looks amazing. I'm actually super jealous. XD I pulled a Soleil at 4 stars that's +ATK, but I think I want to hold off for a +SPD variant before I promote her. But this is a scary cool build!

@mampfoid @Infinite Dreams Thanks! I've been working on him for months, and now I'm glad he's finished. Time to pick a new project. :3

3 hours ago, Zeo said:

@Rafiel's Aria He looks amazing. Congrats on the +10! Like people have never considered Matthew to be worth using, I've never even considered Merric as a unit and he's always been very underwhelming to me. To see someone build him to this magnitude deserves utmost respect. And you have mine.

Tbh I started working on him for a few reasons. He's one of my favorite SD characters. He's the classic nerd archetype. He's not really edgy like Soren or as awkward yet lovable as Miriel, and like many classic characters he's missing some of the personality that later characters have, but I still love him. His design is sweet. He's cool enough to get himself a princess and maybe in an alternate universe become king of Altea if something were to happen to Marth. In Heroes he's....lackluster unfortunately. But I started merging him because he's not good  for SI, and at the time, I think he was one of the only infantry mages available at a 4/5 star rarity to have a legendary tome (so more Arena points). If you compare him to characters like Nino, you'll definitely be disappointed. He's not as fast or as strong, but he can take a hit, and he's fast enough (usually) to avoid getting doubled. I remember one time I accidentally left him in the way of an Elincia during an Arena run. He took those hits like a boss and then blasted her away with Excalibur + Bonfire. That was the day I knew I'd made a good decision. 

So Merric's an acquired taste for sure. 

Congrats on the Nino though. She's always been a powerhouse, and she gets really scary the more merges you give her... 

11 hours ago, Nosmur said:

Ayyyyyyyy I force them for you too! c'mon you must to get your Ephraim too!

We swap luck 'til now :D!

Holy heck, it worked!

I did a yolo summon with nine orbs in my bank and Bunny Alfonse hopped out straight away :D

Hopefully you get the same joy back :D

And yes. Still waiting for Helpful Chrom and Legendary Ephraim, but my focus will be on the latter. Just so happy I can start hoarding orbs again now :D

Feels so good to have cleared all Infernal Rotation GHBs!

Lloyd's was the last. Just had to use a copy of Titania to teach Myrrh Guard so she could survive the archer for the flier quest (she already had DC and Iote's Shield, but he still punched through with Moonbow). Still have the Emblem quests, though those are on the back burner until after Tempest Trials. At least every Infernal I've done was an emblem team, so I have a head start.

Side note: I'm going to call the rotation GHB heroes by their corresponding Subway Sub of the Day. If you think about it, the characters line up well with the subs.

Edited by Chrom-ulent

tbh the type of the built-in skill in Naga and Binding Blade is actually nice, it’s Bracing Stance, arguably the one of the three best Stance skill other than Sturdy Stance and Mirror Stance (don’t talk about Breath skills yet, we know only melee units can breath but if ranged units can  have the breaths, it’s broken) . 

it’s just that it’s Bracing Stance 1 instead of 2, because back when the game is just released, built in skills are all the second tiers instead of the last tier. Take an example of Sol Katti, it’s built in effect is Desperation 2, but refinement ups it to Desperation 3, as well adding  Brash Assault 4. It’s possible that Binding Blade will keep its Bracing Stance effect, upgraded to Bracing Stance 2 with another additional effect instead of just changing the effect. 

Also, I once proposed of CYL Hector and Ephraim having Wolf Beil and Reginleif, but it was debunked by saying it’s not funny that their starter weapon in their home game is stronge than their final one. 

However, it was re-implied again with Horse Chrom is using Sealed Falchion, supposedly the starter weapon yet is stronger than normal Falchion in Heroes. 

Well thanks to TT I managed to get enough SP on Hinoka and Caeda to give them both their unique weapon refines and I have to say I love the results.  I also gave my regular Jakob a +res refine and he now rips through more enemies then before! I can't wait for a good reason for me to pull colorless (I am holding off on the Easter banner for now) so I can give him merges.  I really should have built Jakob months ago, but better late then never.

1 hour ago, DraceEmpressa said:

However, it was re-implied again with Horse Chrom is using Sealed Falchion, supposedly the starter weapon yet is stronger than normal Falchion in Heroes. 

"Sealed Falchion" was the name used for Chrom's Falchion in Warriors in Japanese to differentiate it from Lucina's Parallel Falchion and Marth's Exalted Falchion. Presumably, the English localization of Warriors used "Falchion" instead to avoid having it be confused with the starter version of the weapon, but they couldn't do that in Heroes because there is already a weapon (actually, three) called "Falchion" with a different effect from this one.

6 hours ago, Cute Chao said:

Holy heck, it worked!

I did a yolo summon with nine orbs in my bank and Bunny Alfonse hopped out straight away :D

Hopefully you get the same joy back :D

And yes. Still waiting for Helpful Chrom and Legendary Ephraim, but my focus will be on the latter. Just so happy I can start hoarding orbs again now :D

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH I feel so happy for you!!

I did a yolo summ today but get a 4* Gunter D:

Anyway you'll get your legendary Ephraim for sure! Now you have my luck so.... EASY.

I only want the new legendary hero and I CAN'T WAIT AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH now it's time to save orbs again D:

Sitting at 192 orbs, 110k feathers, and several hundred coins and stones. Just kind of saving everything in general. Im hoping to get a 5* +10 at somepoint, so feathers are getting saved up for that. Coins are just saved up waiting for new seals, stones for new refinements. And Orbs are just waiting for a bit. Id like to get a large number of orbs to be able to have sitting around. And with the next month or so of FEH just not being that big of a deal for me in terms of rolling, its not hard to do right now. Looking at 200 by the end of the TT,  then with April quests, Thracia chapter, BHB, and who knows what else likely another around 80 orbs which would place me almost at 300 within the next 2-3 weeks.