Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

It is stupid. Completely stupid and adds nothing except pointless shock value.

Spoiler

Clearly, there were too many characters, and they needed to thin out the roster a bit.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

4 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

It is stupid. Completely stupid and adds nothing except pointless shock value.

It’s a good thing I don’t really give a crap about story in video games otherwise that might’ve upset me too.

5 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Clearly, there were too many characters, and they needed to thin out the roster a bit.

Spoiler

I wouldn’t be surprised if Surtr has already killed Gustav offscreen too, only to have him reveal that later in an “attempt” to have another shock twist.

3 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

It’s a good thing I don’t really give a crap about story in video games otherwise that might’ve upset me too.

Hide contents

I wouldn’t be surprised if Surtr has already killed Gustav offscreen too, only to have him reveal that later in an “attempt” to have another shock twist.

The difference between

Gunnthrá and Gustav is that she actually was a character. Barebones, sure, but a character with a role in the story. Gustav was nothing, a trope.

And yes, I was the first who’s called his off-screen death because they’ll never bother drawing a face for a trope.

20 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Which runs you into their Steady Breath and Quick Riposte.

That is what Firesweep Bow and Dazzling Staff-Wrathful Staff are for. It is the perfect last resort counter to anything you normally have trouble countering.

5 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

And this is the story in a gacha, which has not apparently displayed much depth to its story so far.

Spoiler
2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Gunnthrá and Gustav is that she actually was a character. Barebones, sure, but a character with a role in the story. Gustav was nothing, a trope.

FE has resurrection magic, a meaningless death can be made even more devoid of meaning if it is undone. For melondrama's sake.

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Hide contents

FE has resurrection magic, a meaningless death can be made even more devoid of meaning if it is undone. For melondrama's sake.

Ridiculous ass-pulled-from resurrection has only been done once. Ever since that disaster of a plot point, it never happened again.

And Naga forbid a game actually features its OCs in its plot and story.

4 minutes ago, XRay said:

That is what Firesweep Bow and Dazzling Staff-Wrathful Staff are for. It is the perfect last resort counter to anything you normally have trouble countering.

I was just giving a robot that relies too much on Nino a hard time.

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And this is the story in a gacha, which has not apparently displayed much depth to its story so far.

The fact that it's a gacha game is irrelevant to whether it has a good story.

Spoiler

Fjorm probably doesn't know.

But watch us get Elice and Claude in the next banner.

You all know this isn't how spoiler tags work, right? You have to include the whole thing you're saying, not just half of it.

Edited by Othin

16 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

Oh so like the Dragon Ball franchise, where I’m pretty sure everyone who is a part of the main cast has died and been brought back to life multiple times each. At least FE still has a long way to go if it wants to match that level of the “Death is Cheap” trope.

Edited by Tybrosion

Spoiler
56 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Ridiculous ass-pulled-from resurrection has only been done once. Ever since that disaster of a plot point, it never happened again.

And Naga forbid a game actually features its OCs in its plot and story.

Twice actually, Ninian, and Robin if you choose to sacrifice yourself to perma-kill Grima. Which complete voids the choice presented beforehand. And oh yeah, Emmeryn and Gangrel and Walhart.

And I'm not criticizing the OCs at all. Better than trying to do an ensemble of the oldies, or making the oldies hijack the OCs limelight. 

54 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

The fact that it's a gacha game is irrelevant to whether it has a good story.

Fair enough. You could technically tweak things and do without any oldies and the story would be largely unaffected.

Spoiler
54 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

But watch us get Elice and Claude in the next banner.

Actually, it'll be Maria with Aum and Julia with Valkyrie. Who would summon for such nobodies as Elice and Claud? Better play it safe. And oh yeah, Felicia/Elise with Bifrost.

Although I do like Elice, and wish she had more screentime.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Twice actually, Ninian, and Robin if you choose to sacrifice yourself to perma-kill Grima. Which complete voids the choice presented beforehand.

And I'm not criticizing the OCs at all. Better than trying to do an ensemble of the oldies, or making the oldies hijack the OCs limelight. 

Hide contents

Who would summon for such nobodies as Elice and Claud?

Who would summon for such a nobody as Reinhardt at launch?

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

Who would summon for such a nobody as Reinhardt at launch?

That precisely gets at the stupidity of IS since Zelgius or Gleipnirika!

Almost nobody would have summoned Rein going on popularity, they wanted him based on gameplay or was just stuck with him, and viola, he is now loved!

IS has the brains of a degenerate dragon on new additions. Although other parts of it still function well.

1 minute ago, mampfoid said:

I don't know why, but somehow it felt better in the past to pull the newest stuff:

tpIvCxj.png

Pulling a 5 star most of the time will be nice instead of half of the time.

Also, I remember when Catria had a free 3 star unit xD

2 minutes ago, Troykv said:

Pulling a 5 star most of the time will be nice instead of half of the time.

Funny, my last four 5* units have been green pity breakers, three of them off-focus including Merric and Soren. I should have waited some days ... to get them with 3* rarity instead ^^

5 minutes ago, Troykv said:

Also, I remember when Catria had a free 3 star unit xD

I remember that too, but the 3* variant is still new to the summoning pool. 

Spoiler

I honestly fear for Laegjarn now like wtf.....but if the feedback is negative as I'm sure it definitely will they might pull a "extra chapter" where Gunnth is fine and free but who knows.

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

12 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

That precisely gets at the stupidity of IS since Zelgius or Gleipnirika!

Almost nobody would have summoned Rein going on popularity, they wanted him based on gameplay or was just stuck with him, and viola, he is now loved!

IS has the brains of a degenerate dragon on new additions. Although other parts of it still function well.

I personally don't have an issue with any of the alt characters.

There are two simple ways to make a new character very desirable, and that's to either have the character be an established popular character or to make the character powerful from a gameplay perspective.

Using established popular characters is a safe bet for both whales and minnows alike, and will always be a sound decision so long as they don't beat the horse too much. Creating powerful characters is risky because it can result in months of trying to reign in elements that trivialize large portions of the game like cavalry Litrblade, Reinhardt, and Brave Lyn did.

13 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I personally don't have an issue with any of the alt characters.

There are two simple ways to make a new character very desirable, and that's to either have the character be an established popular character or to make the character powerful from a gameplay perspective.

As I tend to say to your parries, fair enough, and I mean it. Just part of this game's revenue structure (although none would heavily lean on supporting average power unpopulars- barring that called "charity"), so to an extent, one must bear with this.

Nanna's the likeliest one to be 4* to 5* summonable after the banner, but it would be absolutely freaking hilarious if they demoted Meisterhardt as well. 

Anyway, the "nicest" second demotion for me would be Green Olwen since she's the second green cavalry mage in the regular summoning pool after Cecilia, a launch unit, as Gunnthra and Valentine's Lilina are seasonal units which is still better than the red cavalry mage situation. That said, there's the issue of Thunderhead and that she is to me the most unlikeliest one to be demoted other than the obvious lord Leif who isn't in a Seliph situation and busted as usual, but it's been done before Reinschwert. I'm not sure how to articulate my exact train of thought, but simply, there's no way they're going to demote the second regular green cavalry mage and one who has a personal Gronnblade.

Also, I'm fully expecting the Master Sword and not the Meisterschwert to show up on another Thracia 776 unit because localization. Be even better it it was introduced as an evolved version of the Brave Sword or identical in appearance to Reinhardt's Meisterschwert.

Edited by Kaden

So we've had 11 BHBs now. With them continuing to expand the daily Hero Battle lineup, I wonder if they'll add daily BHBs in a few months.

5 minutes ago, Othin said:

So we've had 11 BHBs now. With them continuing to expand the daily Hero Battle lineup, I wonder if they'll add daily BHBs in a few months.

Why would they do that when as far as I no players like BHB reruns?  Players like GHB reruns for merge purposes, but BHBs are really boring to play through twice and there is no really good reason for them to be rerun unless it is to fill a gap until a new map is finished.  The only way I could see BHBs being welcome if they are put in a daily lineup would be if players could earn divine dew for replaying them.  

6 minutes ago, EricaofRenais said:

Why would they do that when as far as I no players like BHB reruns?  Players like GHB reruns for merge purposes, but BHBs are really boring to play through twice and there is no really good reason for them to be rerun unless it is to fill a gap until a new map is finished.  The only way I could see BHBs being welcome if they are put in a daily lineup would be if players could earn divine dew for replaying them.  

Same reason as why they have BHBs and BHB reruns in the first place, I guess.