Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

14 minutes ago, Hekselka said:

So the story leak was right huh. Well that doesn't surprise me. The story of Heroes never impressed me, I don't even think that Book 2 was so special like some people thought it was.

This has actually been brought up on some places ever since Reinhardt got popular in Heroes but feelings seems to be mixed because Reinhardt suddenly joining up with Leif would go against his character. I also don't think Michalis and Wolfguard is a good point because those changes are the kind of things I've seen people hold it against the New mystery remake.

Mind you, I'm just saying what I've read, I still need to go a few chapters till a face that bad boy.

He is very loyal to Ishtar, but I still think it can work, especially since he's forced away from her, although it would possibly have to be after her death, which happens after Thracia. That being said, I think with the right dialogue and right supports, they could do it.

I personally liked Michalis and the Wolfguard being able to join, too. I thought the supports, especially, helped the transition (for the Wolfguard, at least... Michalis could have been done a lot better, but I prefer it to him dying after all that Maria had done to help him), although I do wish Michalis was able to help Maria at the end - that should have been added, plus it felt stupid that he was still able to become King at the end - the title should still have been forfeited to Minerva.  It feels like people will complain no matter what - whether a game is changed at all or not changed enough - when it comes to remakes, so I'll just stick with what I hope will happen and what I want. If it doesn't, fair enough. If it does, I'll be happy :)

Edited by Cute Chao

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

30 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

It might be the anti-Reinhardt in me, but I kinda feel like Meistershwert's effects were supposed to be on a personal weapon belonging to Finn...

I mean, it's not even like Finn is wielding any old Brave Lance, he was given that specific lance by Quan, and it was later turned into his Personal Weapon in Thracia. And all things considered, the Meistershwert is not specifically associated with Reinhardt like Dire Thunder is, yet they still give the character who you can't even play as yet another personal weapon, and give the unit who has specific lore behind his weapon... the same weapon that such high and mighty units as Abel and Donnel wield.

...yeah I don't even personally know much about the character, but now I'm a bit peeved he doesn't have a personal.

Reinhardt has Dire Thunder and Meisterschwert in his inventory in Chapter 22.

I mean

He also cares very much for his sister.  Why couldn't it be written in that she convinces him after the map?

Edited by Sunwoo

I'm expecting to see a summoneable Finn in the future with a Quan-like outfit using a Weapon named Quan's Meisterlanze or something like that... Maybe if we're lucky enought, the free want can also get it.

Edited by Troykv

I'm expecting to see a Finn in the future with a Quan-like outfit using a Weapon named Quan's Meisterlanze or something like that.

33 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

Free Laegjarn when IS?

Hey, don't make them kill her too!

8 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I mean

He also cares very much for his sister.  Why couldn't it be written in that she convinces him after the map?

Wouldn't be the strangest recruitment.

13 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

I personally liked Michalis and the Wolfguard being able to join, too. I thought the supports, especially, helped the transition (for the Wolfguard, at least... Michalis could have been done a lot better, but I prefer it to him dying after all that Maria had done to help him), although I do wish Michalis was able to help Maria at the end - that should have been added, plus it felt stupid that he was still able to become King at the end - the title should still have been forfeited to Minerva.  It feels like people will complain no matter what - whether a game is changed at all or not changed enough - when it comes to remakes, so I'll just stick with what I hope will happen and what I want. If it doesn't, fair enough. If it does, I'll be happy :)

Well one member of the Wolfguard, Roshea, could always join, it was just the rest that didn't.

Michalis- why does he lose that facial scar? It was ugly, but scars don't go away one two three. Nor did he necessarily rule Macedon when the game was over. Minerva did and retired to a convent (why?). But Michalis has one of the strangest open-ended endings in the game:

Michalis - Renewed Prince

Accounts are conflicted about Michalis after the war. Some said he ruled over Macedon once again, while others claimed he departed to conquer another continent.

How can accounts be conflicted over so public a position as King of Macedon? FE historians are really shoddy if they can't be certain of something like this. And Marth does rule the world at the end of FE3.

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

And besides showing he's both magically and physically talented, the Meister is there to keep you from tanking him with Pure Water! Asbel/Safy/Olwen/Homer/Ilios/Sleuf/Sara/Tina/Miranda/Ronan/Nanna/Karin/Misha. Both weapons are important.

2 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Well you CAN capture him, you could Sleep him turn 1 and he'd have no idea his entire army was slaughtered before the battle ends. But capturing counts only selectively for recruitments. And he is a Camus, that archetype dooms him to death.

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Well you CAN capture him, you could Sleep him turn 1 and he'd have no idea his entire army was slaughtered before the battle ends. But capturing counts only selectively for recruitments. And he is a Camus, that archetype dooms him to death.

In a potential remake that wanted to make him playable, I mean. Perhaps someone who's actually played Thracia can let me know otherwise, because all I know of scripts are from reading SF's scripts page, but it sounds like Olwen didn't even try to convince him to switch sides? So if in a remake he gets made playable, maybe Olwen could ask him really nicely at the end of the map to join her?

9 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

They are, but Meistershwert is not specific to Reinhardt (Ilios, Amalda, and Galzus all have it in their recruitment inventories) like Dire Thunder is.

Well him and Olwen, but still.

7 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

*Snip*

I forgot about that. I thought it was conclusive xD

But yeah, I always took it that the scars meant Michalis was refusing treatment, and that Minerva then talked him into it, which is why he survives. That was my take on it.

That being said, the amount of heroes that just 'disappear and were never heard from again' in a lot of the records does make me think that the historians for pretty much all the FEs are awful (also the stupidest and most lazy of endings in my opinion).

Reinhardt can break the archetypal expectations (plus Camus doesn't actually die... even if you need at least one other game to find out). Capture him and then have a scene with Olwen where he agrees to fight. I like the capture mechanic in Thracia (though I may be a minority), so it would be cool to see it used more :D

Edited by Cute Chao

3 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

In a potential remake that wanted to make him playable, I mean. Perhaps someone who's actually played Thracia can let me know otherwise, because all I know of scripts are from reading SF's scripts page, but it sounds like Olwen didn't even try to convince him to switch sides? So if in a remake he gets made playable, maybe Olwen could ask him really nicely at the end of the map to join her?

Or you could cast Berserk on him, make him kill his allies and after he's done killing them, tell him that he has to make up for it by aiding Leif. For a noble cause or whatever can his sins be cleansed

2 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

I like the capture mechanic in Thracia (though I may be a minority), so it would be cool to see it used more :D

You are not. I also like it

Edited by silveraura25

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Well one member of the Wolfguard, Roshea, could always join, it was just the rest that didn't.

Michalis- why does he lose that facial scar? It was ugly, but scars don't go away one two three. Nor did he necessarily rule Macedon when the game was over. Minerva did and retired to a convent (why?). But Michalis has one of the strangest open-ended endings in the game:

Michalis - Renewed Prince

Accounts are conflicted about Michalis after the war. Some said he ruled over Macedon once again, while others claimed he departed to conquer another continent.

How can accounts be conflicted over so public a position as King of Macedon? FE historians are really shoddy if they can't be certain of something like this. And Marth does rule the world at the end of FE3.

And besides showing he's both magically and physically talented, the Meister is there to keep you from tanking him with Pure Water! Asbel/Safy/Olwen/Homer/Ilios/Sleuf/Sara/Tina/Miranda/Ronan/Nanna/Karin/Misha. Both weapons are important.

Michalis ending seems to be an after though, and considering the fact he is unable to talk with Maria in that moment... In make me think the actually canon is the second option.

That kind of disinformation would only be possible in a +1000 years history of lost information like the ages of the Macedon turn into a dark kingdom again.

1 minute ago, Cute Chao said:

I like the capture mechanic in Thracia (though I may be a minority), so it would be cool to see it used more :D

Capture was somewhat there in Fates (even if it wound up being trivial in Birthright and Revelations) and there were capture specific units to capture, even if afterward they wound up being soulless mutes.

Just gotta make the capture units not soulless mutes and bam, Thracia capture is a go.

Just now, Xenomata said:

Capture was somewhat there in Fates (even if it wound up being trivial in Birthright and Revelations) and there were capture specific units to capture, even if afterward they wound up being soulless mutes.

Just gotta make the capture units not soulless mutes and bam, Thracia capture is a go.

Yup, I did enjoy it in Fates, too, but it's not as rewarding for the reasons mentioned. Rifis' map is still one of my favourites because of the addition of that. I think there was another one later on, but that's the one that stuck out in my mind the most.

Part of me wants to play Thracia again. The other part of me wants to curl up and cry at the idea...

13 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

They are, but Meistershwert is not specific to Reinhardt (Ilios, Amalda, and Galzus all have it in their recruitment inventories) like Dire Thunder is.

Heroes turns a lot of weapons into personal weapons. Particularly legendary weapons like Mulagir, Vidofnir, and Hauteclere, but also some others like Hinoka's Spear and Felicia's Plate.

22 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

This:

6 minutes ago, Othin said:

Heroes turns a lot of weapons into personal weapons. Particularly legendary weapons like Mulagir, Vidofnir, and Hauteclere, but also some others like Hinoka's Spear and Felicia's Plate.

Aura, Excalibur, Ragnarok, Gradivus, Hauteclere, Parthia, Durandal, Armads, Mulagir, Forblaze, Regal Blade, Basilikos, Audhumla, Vidofnir, Nidhogg, Ivaldi, Gleipnir, Naglfar, Alondite, Urvan, and Peshkatz are all not character-locked in at least one of their source games (i.e. excluding DLC content).

Played through the new chapter today and if you use Gunnthra it's...really difficult to take seriously xD. I'm just imagining BRoy, BLyn, Sigurd looking reaaaaally awkward at her and I just laughed at what was supposed to be a serious scene.

1 hour ago, Cute Chao said:

He is very loyal to Ishtar, but I still think it can work, especially since he's forced away from her, although it would possibly have to be after her death, which happens after Thracia. That being said, I think with the right dialogue and right supports, they could do it.

I personally liked Michalis and the Wolfguard being able to join, too. I thought the supports, especially, helped the transition (for the Wolfguard, at least... Michalis could have been done a lot better, but I prefer it to him dying after all that Maria had done to help him), although I do wish Michalis was able to help Maria at the end - that should have been added.  It felt like people will complain no matter what - whether a game is changed at all or not changed enough - when it comes to remakes, so I'll just stick with what I hope will happen and what I want. If it doesn't, fair enough. If it does, I'll be happy :)

Yup but it would have to be very well done. Like you said there would have be some good dialogue. 

48 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

Reinhardt can break the archetypal expectations (plus Camus doesn't actually die... even if you need at least one other game to find out). Capture him and then have a scene with Olwen where he agrees to fight. I like the capture mechanic in Thracia (though I may be a minority), so it would be cool to see it used more :D

I'm actually having a lot of fun with the capture mechanic right now. I wished that it was included in a lot more FE games but I don't think we're going to see it again now that weapons have no durability any more. Or at least not on the same scale like Thracia.

33 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

This:

Aura, Excalibur, Ragnarok, Gradivus, Hauteclere, Parthia, Durandal, Armads, Mulagir, Forblaze, Regal Blade, Basilikos, Audhumla, Vidofnir, Nidhogg, Ivaldi, Gleipnir, Naglfar, Alondite, Urvan, and Peshkatz are all not character-locked in at least one of their source games (i.e. excluding DLC content).

Yeah, being completely and absolutely strict...

Only Falchion, Loptyr's Tome (and other bad guys tomes), Binding Blade, the Kattis (wierdly), Sieglinde, Siegmund, Ragnell, Yato and the brothers' weapons would be considered character-lock.

1 hour ago, Hekselka said:

So the story leak was right huh. Well that doesn't surprise me. The story of Heroes never impressed me, I don't even think that Book 2 was so special like some people thought it was.

This has actually been brought up on some places ever since Reinhardt got popular in Heroes but feelings seems to be mixed because Reinhardt suddenly joining up with Leif would go against his character. I also don't think Michalis and Wolfguard is a good point because those changes are the kind of things I've seen people hold it against the New mystery remake.

Mind you, I'm just saying what I've read, I still need to go a few chapters till a face that bad boy.

Do you mind linking to that datamine? I'm curious to what else they said.

I guess Reinhardt is proof that being a powerful unit can make you become a popular character. Not that Ogma didn't necessarily to that to begin with it just that more along the lines that it still relevant by today's standard.

5 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

Do you mind linking to that datamine? I'm curious to what else they said.

I guess Reinhardt is proof that being a powerful unit can make you become a popular character. Not that Ogma didn't necessarily to that to begin with it just that more along the lines that it still relevant by today's standard.

This is what I was referring to when I said leak.

On 10-4-2018 at 5:35 PM, Vaximillian said:

Guys, it looks like a free Gunnthrá isn’t happening.

Reveal hidden contents

1 hour ago, Othin said:

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

This:

I could try to explain each of those (some were entrusted to the given character (Aura, Excalibur), some were featured prominently on the given character (Alondite), and the Magvel weapons currently are on the noble characters from each weapons kingdom, also does Naglfar really count when it's obtained via non-canon means? Not to be rude.) and still fail to explain why Volke got cheated out of Peshkatz, but Meistershwert isn't a "rare" weapon that is ever associated with a specific character (again, Ilios, Amalda, and Galzus all have it in their recruitment inventories).

You know what actually? This was their chance to introduce an inheritable Sword and Green Tome with Close Defense and Distant Defense 3 built into each respectively, even if they were going to give us repeat Rein and Olwen, and they once again gave everyone personals! Damnit, I brought this anger upon myself...

Edited by Xenomata

40 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Meistershwert isn't a "rare" weapon that is ever associated with a specific character (again, Ilios, Amalda, and Galzus all have it in their recruitment inventories).

Aura, Excalibur, and Ragnarok are all non-unique "weapons" in Echoes, so it's still not unprecedented.

Chalk this up to me having way too much spare time, but if current pattern for the legendary heroes holds up, I think I've cracked the last two earth heroes, at least.

The pattern I've noticed and am assuming so far is that each element will be represented by four heroes, one from each color of orb, and each will give a different stat boost. However, blessing and color combinations will not repeat across elements.

Ike and Grima are both earth heroes, the first duplicate element. This leads me to assume that our remaining legendary earth heroes will be blue and green, and give defense and resistance blessings. However, because Ephraim is already a blue legendary hero who gives a defense boost, the blue earth legendary hero will give a resistance boost, and the green one a defense boost. If the blue earth legendary hero gives a resistance boost, and with Fjorm and Ephraim's elements and boosts also confirmed, the blue wind hero will boost attack.

As of now, that's all I've figured out, but I'm going to see if I can figure out anything else. That said, if my theory is wrong then I just wasted quite a bit of time for nothing XD

EDIT: Just figured out wind. Colorless wind hero cannot boost speed because of Grima, therefore they should be defense. Which leaves red wind hero to be speed.

EDIT2:

Okay! I figured the entire thing out. If my predictions are at all accurate, then this is what we should expect.

Earth:
Blue hero boosts res
Green hero boosts defense

Wind
Blue hero boosts attack
Red hero boosts speed
Colorless hero boosts defense

Fire

Red hero boosts res
Green hero boosts speed
Colorless hero boosts attack

Water