Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

5 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Louise, Erk, Denning#1, Denning#2, with Pent as a GHB armed with Bolganone. Perfect.

You mean Alt Lyn, Alt Eliwood, Denning#1 and #2; + Lloyd # 2 (with art that will piss off even more people) as a GHB.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

5 minutes ago, MonkeyCheez3K said:

You mean Alt Lyn, Alt Eliwood, Denning#1 and #2; + Lloyd # 2 (with art that will piss off even more people) as a GHB.

Two non-alts per banner is the generous guess.

27 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Louise, Erk, Denning#1, Denning#2, with Pent as a GHB armed with Bolganone. Perfect.

One, Rath and Wil can give us some new Colored Bows.

Two, GHBs are always save Fobin enemies. Until IS runs out of good villains for a continent.

Three, at no pop. alts I balks.

Four, Nils or blood is spills. 

Three New Heroes in a row? Blasphemy! But such sweet heresy. Bridal 2 is bound to follow though.

I can see them dropping Wolf Beil (infantry) Hector here as the first double-effective green joining Caeda and Micaiah, and then Brave Hector gets Rex Hasta.

Fed up with losing twice in VG, I downloaded the emulator and created an alt account. Luckily, I had a second Nintendo ID from when I bought my 2DS for Pokemon trading, so no re-rolls. The main purpose of the account will be voting on the opposite side from my main, but this will be my challenge-ish account, where I will use the free non-5-star units first. True F2P, not even Black Knight Pack here.

With the initial orbs, I end up pulling a neutral 5-star Lachesis. Even on a free account where orbs are few and far between, I send home Oboro.

8 minutes ago, Chrom-ulent said:

Even on a free account where orbs are few and far between, I send home Oboro.

Oh good, I'm not the only one who does that. Though in reality, I wish I could send her and Est to hell so that I can be rid of those vermin forever. I already didn't like Est before this game but now I outright dislike Oboro instead of being indifferent to her thanks to FEH.

16 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

@Tybrosion are you being serious

Yes. She's turned up enough for me in FEH that any goodwill she might've had with me is straight-up gone. And now that the rarity demotion makes it possible to get more of my potential blue +10 targets (Cordelia, Effie and Catria namely) as 3*s, you can bet I'll be aggravated all the more every time Oboro's face shows up instead.

Three normal banners in a row. Oh boy. This'll be fun. Though the third one is 10 days only. Why?

Glad that they're not doing seasonals as often now

Edited by silveraura25

52 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Oh good, I'm not the only one who does that. Though in reality, I wish I could send her and Est to hell so that I can be rid of those vermin forever. I already didn't like Est before this game but now I outright dislike Oboro instead of being indifferent to her thanks to FEH.

They'd need to not only give her Waterwheel in a refinery update, but a "Nohr Enmity" skill that grants +2 to all stats (as a combat buff) if in combat with a cavalry or armored foe, for me to consider her again. I base this on Brave Ike's personal Beorc's Blessing, and the fact that no Hoshidan character in FEH is a cavalry or armored unit. (While we're at it, a skill for Selena that would immediately charge her special if a nearby ally triggers theirs, based on her personal skill in Fates, would be fun.)

I want to promote the 2-stars to 3-stars before starting the main story...and then I can't because I don't have badges. Brought B!Roy/Fjorm/Lachesis/Boey (eh, best green I pulled) to clear chapter 1 to unlock Training Tower. Now I wait for tomorrow morning so it spits out green badges.

8 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Three normal banners in a row. Oh boy. This'll be fun

Eh, this is just the lull until bridal/swimsuit banners for the summer. Or maybe they'd catch us with a "graduation" banner?

Edited by Chrom-ulent

32 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Three normal banners in a row. Oh boy. This'll be fun. Though the third one is 10 days only. Why?

Last year's bride banner was late may, so maybe this one's at late  may too. although some grooms would be nice. 

26 minutes ago, Chrom-ulent said:

Eh, this is just the lull until bridal/swimsuit banners for the summer. Or maybe they'd catch us with a "graduation" banner?

I want another Charlotte.

9 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

Last year's bride banner was late may, so maybe this one's at late  may too. although some grooms would be nice. 

I wish there were grooms to make up for there being only females last year with the brides banner

7 hours ago, Xenomata said:

I'm not really sure if weapons introduced to a character long after actually apply, since that begins to leave "lore" and enter "we came up with a cool effect and now need a weapon to put it on"

Why shouldn't they? Basilikos is Basilikos. They could have gone the same route as Soren, Fir, or Karel and made an original weapon for him, but instead they gave him Basilikos.

7 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

You severely overestimate a few "safe" Devil Axe uses + Hand + Iron/Steel (usable at E)/Killer. FE7 weapon rank growth is a joke. But this isn't really relevant here.

Still more work than simply getting Mae to level 9 or Boey to level 18.

5 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

After the tomahawk was usurped by Dorcas, I now wonder what kind of a weapon Linus would get.

Since Dorcas got the Stout Tomahawk as opposed to a normal one, Linus could get Tomahawk+ or some other Tomahawk variant that leaves Dorcas in the dust

And Murdock can get the Tomurdawk.

Well, I think I know which blue I'm going to focus on building up after Cordelia is done, thanks to this winner of a 3*.

Spoiler

yjP64qX.png?1

+Atk/-Spd at last, and Bold Fighter is already in place on my main Effie. Oh, the horrors she'll be able to unleash once she is complete.

4 hours ago, Chrom-ulent said:

Gacha games don’t do “graduation” banners as far as I’m aware. It’ll be the next batch of brides and then back-to-back summer banners. The only way I could see a “groom” variant would be...as a TT reward. 

5 hours ago, Chrom-ulent said:

Can we get schoolgirl Cynthia? No particular reason, I've just never wanted anything more in my entire life.

3 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Why shouldn't they? Basilikos is Basilikos. They could have gone the same route as Soren, Fir, or Karel and made an original weapon for him, but instead they gave him Basilikos.

There is another quirk though, in that every unit who receives a (pre-existing) new personal weapon receives a weapon that, at least within the confines of their own universe, could never have upon being met.

~Raven, assuming he snapped every sword and slept with his axe ala Heavy, still needs to kill Brendan's Morph in the final stages of the game.

~Felicia and Hinoka both can never even find their personal weapons without either grinding Visitor and Battle points in My Castle or abusing event tiles.

~Caeda does start with a Wing Spear in the remakes, but she only has standard weaponry in the original titles. I'll excuse the fact that the Wing Sword was made exclusively for Heroes.

~Forblaze can potentially be missed if the player fails to make the conditions for ch14x, and still after requires some training to wield.

@Interdimensional Observer ...should I have mentioned I was kidding?

...yeah I probably should have.

Edited by Xenomata

44 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

Gacha games don’t do “graduation” banners as far as I’m aware. It’ll be the next batch of brides and then back-to-back summer banners. The only way I could see a “groom” variant would be...as a TT reward. 

It was the only May/June thing I could think of after the brides.

As for what they would have put in a graduation banner, I was thinking trainees like Ross, Ewan, and Kliff, but making them seasonal-locked would really suck.

4 minutes ago, Chrom-ulent said:

As for what they would have put in a graduation banner, I was thinking trainees like Ross, Ewan, and Kliff, but making them seasonal-locked would really suck.

Charlotte is still a seasonal lock, so maybe at least one of them could make it in...

6 hours ago, Chrom-ulent said:

Or maybe they'd catch us with a "graduation" banner?

Graduation in Japan was two weeks ago.

1 hour ago, Xenomata said:

There is another quirk though, in that every unit who receives a (pre-existing) new personal weapon receives a weapon that, at least within the confines of their own universe, could never have upon being met.

What does that matter? There's nothing stopping the developers from giving a unit a weapon they could have used from the get-go, and Caeda's Wing Sword is a clear example of them even doing so, excusing the fact that it was made into a sword instead of a lance because Caeda can't use lances in this game.

1 hour ago, Xenomata said:

Caeda does start with a Wing Spear in the remakes, but she only has standard weaponry in the original titles.

What does it matter that Wing Spear doesn't exist in FE1 and FE3 when it does exist in FE11, FE12, and Warriors? What makes the character's usable weapons in FE11 or FE12 any less valid than FE1 or FE3?

If you go by FE1 and FE3 as the source of truth, there's no good reason Minerva and Michalis should be able to use axes in Heroes, much less have Hauteclere or even have Hauteclere exist at all. And yet, there they are with Hauteclere as their unique weapons in Heroes.