Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

50 minutes ago, Zeo said:

...That feeling when you come to the realization that that the new Reinhardt attacks consecutively if you give him Vantage...

Distant Counter Vantage Reinhardt... attacks twice before you can attack on both player AND ENEMY PHASE.

WHAT.

And that's why you kill him before he reaches that range. Or use a Firesweep Cordelia, that works too (and also shits on Zelgius because fuck Steady Breath+Bold Fighter+QR seal)

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

For someone who never liked auto-mode especially in Tempest Trials, I'm using it a lot myself currently.

Daily Arena missions: SP grinding team, 2x Beginner difficulty auto-mode, 1x surrender on advanced.

Daily Arena assault missions: 3x beginner difficulty auto-mode, 1x surrender on advanced

Weekly Rival Domains: full auto-mode

Grand Conquest: full auto-mode (due lack of time these days)

... not speaking of HM grind in GHB maps. 

1 hour ago, Zeo said:

...That feeling when you come to the realization that that the new Reinhardt attacks consecutively if you give him Vantage...

Distant Counter Vantage Reinhardt... attacks twice before you can attack on both player AND ENEMY PHASE.

WHAT.

It's good for player-controlled Meistereinhardt, but it's pretty easy to simply dispatch him in one round with any physically bulky lance or a one-hit-kill blue tome if he's under AI control.

The only place where the build can get annoying is in Grand Conquest where it's hard to prevent him from attacking a different unit that will put him into Vantage range.

46 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

And that's why you kill him before he reaches that range. Or use a Firesweep Cordelia, that works too (and also shits on Zelgius because fuck Steady Breath+Bold Fighter+QR seal)

or you just use Micaiah and blast him to the outer space in one hit.

4 minutes ago, Hilda said:

or you just use Micaiah and blast him to the outer space in one hit.

That works too, it's just sad that I can't use her on normal arena because merges but that aside she's really a blessing for blasting armors into oblivion.

3 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

That works too, it's just sad that I can't use her on normal arena because merges but that aside she's really a blessing for blasting armors into oblivion.

or horse units, since she has effectiv against both of them :D

I'm glad that they decided to decrease the difficulty for the elite quests. Maps are easy enough and everyone can get the orbs without much effort.

11 hours ago, silveraura25 said:

I'm glad that they decided to decrease the difficulty for the elite quests. Maps are easy enough and everyone can get the orbs without much effort.

these quests have been great just for seeing how far my units have come and how wide my options have gotten. I was pretty proud of my assorted Arvis clears yesterday

Speaking of difficulty, I sent in feedback not long ago asking to remove infernal difficulty all together as well as reinforcements. These are just way too much and way too hard. Not everyone's an expert or a whale or anything. Quests and such need to be doable for all players, not just a minority. Why should a lot of us have to miss out on so many rewards simply because a few other players want ridiculous challenges?

Sometimes I even have trouble on lunatic, though. But at least that's not often.

Also, I'm pretty sure more than just Micaiah can kill Reinhardt. Not everyone has or wants to use her anyway.

Edited by Anacybele

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Speaking of difficulty, I sent in feedback not long ago asking to remove infernal difficulty all together as well as reinforcements. These are just way too much and way too hard. Not everyone's an expert or a whale or anything. Quests need to be doable for all players, not just a minority. Why should a lot of us have to miss out on so many rewards simply because a few other players want ridiculous challenges?

Sometimes I even have trouble on lunatic, though. But at least that's not often.

Also, I'm pretty sure more than just Micaiah can kill Reinhardt. Not everyone has or wants to use her anyway.

Don't do Infernal if you don't have the units. No one gets rewards if the maps are removed.

But given that Legendary Ike, Fjorm, Olivia, and Brave Lyn are all free options, and the first three are now available to everybody who plays the game, quite a few infernal maps can be cleared with those characters. And there's Phoenixmaster1 releasing guides that are F2P friendly, and most maps are doable. Not tossing away Barsts, Selenas, Sullys, and Ninos are also key since their assist skills are what keeps units alive in these maps. 

3 minutes ago, SuperTroll Maxim Lapierre said:

Don't do Infernal if you don't have the units. No one gets rewards if the maps are removed.

But given that Legendary Ike, Fjorm, Olivia, and Brave Lyn are all free options, and the first three are now available to everybody who plays the game, quite a few infernal maps can be cleared with those characters. And there's Phoenixmaster1 releasing guides that are F2P friendly, and most maps are doable. Not tossing away Barsts, Selenas, Sullys, and Ninos are also key since their assist skills are what keeps units alive in these maps. 

...What? Why couldn't the rewards be given other, better ways instead?

I have those units, and even ones that should be better, but I still can't clear those maps much at all. That's a problem of difficulty, not simply having the right units. Infernal was always a bad idea and should be removed.

Also, fyi, CYL Lyn is only free if you picked her as your free CYL unit. Some people did not pick her.

Edited by Anacybele

The first GHB elite quests being locked to infernal was annoying, but they made me train up/invest in units I would not have other wise like Caeda who with her wing sword (I did not need the refine) carried my flier team to victory in most of them.  I think doing away with infernal would be a bad idea, even with me being a F2P player thanks to my keeping a copy of all units unless I really need to fodder them to some one else, I have been able to beat the infernal modes (except Valter for now) by using F2P youtube videos.  A unit can still be useful even if you don't like them, I may not be a fan of some units but I still keep a copy of them because they might be useful in beating a map.  Asking IS to keep the quests to lunatic is fine, but asking them to do away with a mode a lot of people like is just going to make you mad because it won't go away and get people mad at you.  

30 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I have those units, and even ones that should be better, but I still can't clear those maps much at all. That's a problem of difficulty, not simply having the right units. Infernal was always a bad idea and should be removed.

Infernal maps are just a stat pump and special charge difference. The amount of effort to implement them...would be minuscule. Their existence is not taking away from any other events or stuff they can implement. 

Also, fyi, CYL Lyn is only free if you picked her as your free CYL unit. Some people did not pick her.

That's why I said "the first three", and Lyn was the fourth listed. 

34 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Rewards are meant to be worked for. Challenge exists to be overcome. I'd rather rewards come from a challenge than from a grind.

If you are unable to overcome the challenge, step back and figure out why. Blaming the challenge won't get you anywhere, in games or in life. If you have the right units, then it's usually simply a matter of unit placement and target prioritization.

48 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Speaking of difficulty, I sent in feedback not long ago asking to remove infernal difficulty all together as well as reinforcements. These are just way too much and way too hard. Not everyone's an expert or a whale or anything. Quests and such need to be doable for all players, not just a minority. Why should a lot of us have to miss out on so many rewards simply because a few other players want ridiculous challenges?

While I can understand the frustration of not being able to get everything, there are a lot of people who enjoy infernal difficulty for the challenge it provides (and probably other reasons). I don't think it would be fair to them if it was removed because there are players who find it too difficult. Same goes for reinforcements (though if you were talking specifically about Grand Conquest / Rival Domainds reinforcements I would agree, those should probably be tweaked a bit).

On the bolded: I do agree (most) quests should be clearable by everyone. Which is why I agree with what EricaofRenais said above about the first batch of GHB quests.

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

Quests and such need to be doable for all players, not just a minority. Why should a lot of us have to miss out on so many rewards simply because a few other players want ridiculous challenges?

There is nothing wrong with having rewards practically exclusive to whales. They paid money to support the game and I think they should have an easier time getting more difficult rewards.

Free players also are not missing out on that many rewards either. It is not like players get a hundred times more rewards by dropping $10,000 over $100. They give out so many Orbs now that missing 20 Orbs here and there is not really going to impact free players much. Besides Orbs, the only other significant rewards that players may miss out on are extra Grand Hero Battle units, but those quest are up for like a whole year and players have plenty of time to complete them. Even if they could not complete them, that is only 1 copy that they are missing out on and the game gives you 3 practically for free if you use the free guides on YouTube.

41 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

That is basically asking for free stuff with little effort. I do not mind that, but many other players have spent time investing in their units and coming up with strategies to clear higher difficulty, and they enjoy all that challenge. Obviously, they should also be rewarded for completing that challenge. Taking all that away from them is not right in my opinion.

46 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Infernal helps create a demand for pimped out 5*+10 units. They are there to entice players to drop more money into the game.

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

Quests and such need to be doable for all players, not just a minority. Why should a lot of us have to miss out on so many rewards simply because a few other players want ridiculous challenges?

That's where you're wrong.

Every player should have quests at least somewhat close to their power/skill level. There are plenty of quests lower-level players can do, but not enough for high-level players. Saying they shouldn't have any for high-level players is just silly. Any challenge you can make, there's going to be someone bad enough to struggle with it.

Even the hardest GHB Elite quests are very much doable for free players. I've made it through them by saving up tons of orbs and feathers and using them to get all sorts of characters that cover key functions I might need. You don't want to play that way, and that's fine. But those challenges are important for making sure that players who want to go the extra mile in perfecting their team have some use for those super-powerful characters.

Personally, while I think the second set of GHB Elite quests are a nice bit of excitement, we really need more frequently challenges on the level of the first set. Or even harder ones.

54 minutes ago, EricaofRenais said:

The first GHB elite quests being locked to infernal was annoying, but they made me train up/invest in units I would not have other wise like Caeda who with her wing sword (I did not need the refine) carried my flier team to victory in most of them.  I think doing away with infernal would be a bad idea, even with me being a F2P player thanks to my keeping a copy of all units unless I really need to fodder them to some one else, I have been able to beat the infernal modes (except Valter for now) by using F2P youtube videos.  A unit can still be useful even if you don't like them, I may not be a fan of some units but I still keep a copy of them because they might be useful in beating a map.  Asking IS to keep the quests to lunatic is fine, but asking them to do away with a mode a lot of people like is just going to make you mad because it won't go away and get people mad at you.  

What if I don't want to use Caeda? What if I prefer other fliers? That's something to think about too.

And how do you know a lot of people like infernal difficulty? I can't imagine why they would though. Also, videos don't really work. I've tried to use them a lot of times, but didn't get results mainly because the enemies behaved differently due to me using different units or units with different stats/skills.

28 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Rewards are meant to be worked for. Challenge exists to be overcome. I'd rather rewards come from a challenge than from a grind.

If you are unable to overcome the challenge, step back and figure out why. Blaming the challenge won't get you anywhere, in games or in life. If you have the right units, then it's usually simply a matter of unit placement and target prioritization.

Of course. I never denied those things. But challenges CAN be too much at a point and that's a line that was crossed imo.

And not everyone is an expert in those things. I'm not, even though I've tried to learn to be better. Didn't have success there though.

9 minutes ago, XRay said:

There is nothing wrong with having rewards practically exclusive to whales. They paid money to support the game and I think they should have an easier time getting more difficult rewards.

Free players also are not missing out on that many rewards either. It is not like players get a hundred times more rewards by dropping $10,000 over $100. They give out so many Orbs now that missing 20 Orbs here and there is not really going to impact free players much. Besides Orbs, the only other significant rewards that players may miss out on are extra Grand Hero Battle units, but those quest are up for like a whole year and players have plenty of time to complete them. Even if they could not complete them, that is only 1 copy that they are missing out on and the game gives you 3 practically for free if you use the free guides on YouTube.

That is basically asking for free stuff with little effort. I do not mind that, but many other players have spent time investing in their units and coming up with strategies to clear higher difficulty, and they enjoy all that challenge. Obviously, they should also be rewarded for completing that challenge. Taking all that away from them is not right in my opinion.

Infernal helps create a demand for pimped out 5*+10 units. They are there to entice players to drop more money into the game.

Whales are likely not the majority of players though. I doubt a lot of people really can drop thousands of dollars on the game like whales do. And non-whales like me still drop a little every now and then too.

Those 20 orbs could've also been the difference between coming away with something good in a banner right before it ends or missing out on that banner and letting it and a pity rate disappear. Sure, the pity rate might not have been broken with those 20 orbs anyway, but at least there would've been a chance for it to.

I'm not asking for free stuff for little effort. Otherwise, I'd be wanting lunatic and stuff gone too which is silly. Lunatic is challenging enough imo, I never understood why infernal was necessary.

And the game makes a lot of money now. I don't see why we should have to spend more than, say, what I do.

25 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

What if I don't want to use Caeda? What if I prefer other fliers? That's something to think about too.

These quests are for people who don't care about that sort of thing.

As you've made clear many times, you only like using certain units. That's fine. But you can't expect this game to only have challenges compatible with that kind of restriction. Having challenges that favor certain units is how the game encourages players to obtain and build up those units.

I really like infernal too. And there’s not much difference either. The other day I missclicked and did the Water Blessing team mission of Berkut in infernal instead of lunatic. 

And I’m F2P, so it’s not like you need to be a whale to overcome those maps 

-Miciah is the bomb.  It sucks that BST matters so much in arena, but the bird toting armor/cavalry deleter is a lot of fun to use.  There are a lot of fun units that aren't good for arena unfortunately, unless they are high merged.  What do people think about arena scoring?

-Infernal difficulty is fine.  It isn't for whales only either.  Every infernal difficulty has many clear options, some of which that are free and/or low investment.  They replay these GHB anyways, so if for some reason you really don't have a team that can beat it, you may in the future.  I've cleared all the infernal challenges, and I'm FTP.   I really like GHB particularly infernal cause they are like puzzles, and are the most interesting challenges the game has to offer.  

4 minutes ago, Othin said:

These quests are for people who don't care about that sort of thing.

As you've made clear many times, you only like using certain units. That's fine. But you can't expect this game to only have challenges compatible with that kind of restriction. Having challenges that favor certain units is how the game encourages players to obtain and build up those units.

I think that's a bad move on IS's part then. Not everybody wants to use certain characters. People have characters they really like and really hate. What about those poor Odin/Owain fans out there for instance? Odin is possibly the worst character in the game. But they can't use him due to everybody else being better. I'm not an Odin/Owain fan myself, but still.

35 minutes ago, Othin said:

That's where you're wrong.

Every player should have quests at least somewhat close to their power/skill level. There are plenty of quests lower-level players can do, but not enough for high-level players. Saying they shouldn't have any for high-level players is just silly. Any challenge you can make, there's going to be someone bad enough to struggle with it.

Even the hardest GHB Elite quests are very much doable for free players. I've made it through them by saving up tons of orbs and feathers and using them to get all sorts of characters that cover key functions I might need. You don't want to play that way, and that's fine. But those challenges are important for making sure that players who want to go the extra mile in perfecting their team have some use for those super-powerful characters.

Personally, while I think the second set of GHB Elite quests are a nice bit of excitement, we really need more frequently challenges on the level of the first set. Or even harder ones.

You mean you disagree with me. Which is fine.

Summoning is not guaranteed to get you the units you need though. And the hardest quests/maps are not doable for people like me that don't have a lot of skill and would rather play more casually. But us casual players miss out on more rewards since IS only seems to care about whales and expert players.

4 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

-Miciah is the bomb.  It sucks that BST matters so much in arena, but the bird toting armor/cavalry deleter is a lot of fun to use.  There are a lot of fun units that aren't good for arena unfortunately, unless they are high merged.  What do people think about arena scoring?

Micaiah's not as good as people think, actually. She can hit both armors and cavalry hard, but she's killed easily by so many units due to her low Spd and Def.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I think that's a bad move on IS's part then. Not everybody wants to use certain characters. People have characters they really like and really hate. What about those poor Odin/Owain fans out there for instance? Odin is possibly the worst character in the game. But they can't use him due to everybody else being better. I'm not an Odin/Owain fan myself, but still.

You mean you disagree with me. Which is fine.

Summoning is not guaranteed to get you the units you need though. And the hardest quests/maps are not doable for people like me that don't have a lot of skill and would rather play more casually. But us casual players miss out on more rewards since IS only seems to care about whales and expert players.

You can use Odin. I use him sometimes. There are plenty of challenges where he works fine, just not the hardest ones. In the hardest challenges, I bring out my units that are best for it, whoever they are. The game isn't designed to make you avoid using any units, it's designed to make you use a wide variety of units for different tasks.

IS doesn't only care about whales and expert players. You clear plenty of quests, right? Those are quests they include so less-experienced players have something to do. Even the GHB Elite quests always have a quest for each character that just requires beating their GHB at any difficulty level. And they just had a whole big announcement for changing Tempest Trials to Tempest Trials+,  with pretty much all the changes making the rewards way easier to get. They do that because they want players at your level to have things to do. But they also want players at my level to have things to do. They're trying to serve a lot of different skill levels here, and that requires having different challenges targeted at different skill levels.

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I don't think any of the challenge maps (specifically PvE maps) force a player to use certain characters. Some may be better suited for the job, but no one character is ever required for any map.

Odin might be bad compared to other units in the game, but no character in the game is unsalvageably bad. Heck, PvE maps with fixed enemies are the maps where unusual character choices are at their most viable because you can plan your team composition beforehand and bring a team that synergizes with those characters.