Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

4 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

His videoes aren't a guide because I highly doubt there are many people who have a Matthew quite like his. They just show off how awesome his team is. I was using his videos as an example to show that it's possible to build one team around your favorite character(s) (even one who might be considered "trash tier"). You might not be able to use ALL your favorite units on one team, but you can pick one like Frederick or Ike, select units to support or buff him, and probably clear most of the infernal game content with that one team. It might mean putting a lot of investment into a single unit, but that's not such a bad thing when they're one of your faves.

Ohhh. Yeah, you do have a point there. Thing is for Frederick though, I typically have other horses surrounding him. But some quests require all infantry or fliers or armors. Or water/earth/wind teams (I gave Frederick a fire blessing). I'm really only good with horses and even then I occasionally run into a map that I have trouble with no matter what units I use, horses or no.

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

4 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

And so is the long awaited return of Camus...who's bringing an Infernal map with him + the quest that gives a 4* of him so that's another two units you'll need to dispose off.

Oh yeah... Camel Rider's back. I'm not even going to do his infernal map and like the other second set of daily GHB quests, any of the ones that give you another unit. They're going to be around for a year, so whatever. That, and I would like to do them all at once in a week and I don't have a fire team. Well, a fire team with a legendary hero of fire just so I can be stingy with fire blessings.

I need to get rid of at least 15 units for three copies of Saias, two copies of Finn, and a full summon for the upcoming new heroes and legendary hero banners...

Edited by Kaden

10 hours ago, Anacybele said:

What if I don't want to use Caeda? What if I prefer other fliers? That's something to think about too.

And how do you know a lot of people like infernal difficulty? I can't imagine why they would though. Also, videos don't really work. I've tried to use them a lot of times, but didn't get results mainly because the enemies behaved differently due to me using different units or units with different stats/skills.

Of course. I never denied those things. But challenges CAN be too much at a point and that's a line that was crossed imo.

And not everyone is an expert in those things. I'm not, even though I've tried to learn to be better. Didn't have success there though.

Whales are likely not the majority of players though. I doubt a lot of people really can drop thousands of dollars on the game like whales do. And non-whales like me still drop a little every now and then too.

Those 20 orbs could've also been the difference between coming away with something good in a banner right before it ends or missing out on that banner and letting it and a pity rate disappear. Sure, the pity rate might not have been broken with those 20 orbs anyway, but at least there would've been a chance for it to.

I'm not asking for free stuff for little effort. Otherwise, I'd be wanting lunatic and stuff gone too which is silly. Lunatic is challenging enough imo, I never understood why infernal was necessary.

And the game makes a lot of money now. I don't see why we should have to spend more than, say, what I do.

Here's the deal. It's something that you can't seem to get. They DID LISTEN TO YOU. That's why the extra orbs on these Grand Hero Battle Elite 2 runs require only Lunatic for the Blessings, and then they threw another bone in which Stamina to complete the quest is 0, basically allowing you to have numerous attempts to have trial and error. They also basically allow people to grind Hero merit and let the feathers come flowing in.

Infernal exists because Lunatic is easier. Pathetically easier, in fact. If you want something easier, you're just basically asking for another Lunatic reward, not an easier Infernal map. What you actually want is to deprive those who can complete Infernal mode. The existence of Infernal does not deprive another way of obtaining rewards. Having Infernal maps does not stop one from doing the Arena, voting gauntlet, tap battle, or whatever else they come up with. It's just that you can't seem to get the rewards and you not happy at your inability to get the rewards. 

Phoenixmaster1's videos usually will work, because the units like Wrys, Vangaurd Ike, Brave Lyn, Olivia, and the like are freebies in the game and he does experiment with substitutes or IVs. I learned that Arthur is quite the useful unit both as fodder and as a lance check in Xander's map, although he will need a Distant Def Sacred Seal to survive.

Lunatic is easy and I've never had issues with it. I've only been playing since whenever the Tharja vs. Sigurd Gauntlet started and didn't really play at all until January and Lyon's map came. Then I missed a full month or so. But my barracks are full and the Lunatic maps for Lyon, Valter, Arvis, were things I went through with little difficulty. The Infernal maps were not such cakewalks, I did burn stamina potions and I have yet to complete Arvis's map, but I did do Valter's and Lyon's, with Lyon being a true last minute completion and I had the luck to pull a Faye and inherit Firesweep onto Brave Lyn.

5 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Ohhh. Yeah, you do have a point there. Thing is for Frederick though, I typically have other horses surrounding him. But some quests require all infantry or fliers or armors. Or water/earth/wind teams (I gave Frederick a fire blessing). I'm really only good with horses and even then I occasionally run into a map that I have trouble with no matter what units I use, horses or no.

If you don't have the resources to field flier, armor, etc Emblem, it just means that you can't get that reward. But not offering the reward is the exact same thing. It's just that everyone does not get that reward instead of those who can't get them. Those rewards spur creativity because it forces the player to use a team with different advantages and disadvantages from whatever they are used to.

@Anacybele Why do you want IS to stop delivering content that is a lot of fun for a lot of people here? Only to get some few rewards easier? 

The rewards won't be "easier". They'll just simply no longer exist. . IS has already done what he wants, if that's actually what he wants. Make the rewards obtainable on Lunatic or higher instead of Infernal. Removing the maps of Infernal mode has no bearing because the reward would be granted with a Lunatic completion regardless of whether there is an Infernal map to access. That' he wants Infernal maps removed, suggests something else  against those who play Infernal. Merging and whaling are not necessary for Infernal, and now with Vanguard Ike added to the mix of units everyone have, those old GHBs just became even easier. 

Edited by SuperTroll Maxim Lapierre

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Bragi is a Norse god. Blaggi isn’t.

I didn't know that. Blaggi sticked to me, but fan translations can only take you so far

I keep reading Blaggi as Biaggi, as in that motorbike racer. Glad that's been resolved.

My barracks is at 549/550 and I can't be bothered doing a cleanup until the next decent banner shows up. I guess I'm just claiming the infernal (hopefully) Saias for now. Also means I can't get Infernal Camus just yet, so those 2000 feathers will have to wait.

I've completed all the GHB maps now including Saias's. Plus the quests. 297 orbs right now. Camus will be my next promotion

Edited by silveraura25

6 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

It's probably the same thing anyway, but with  slightly different pronunciation because of old-fan-translations not knowing the name's origins.

9 hours ago, mampfoid said:

@Anacybele Why do you want IS to stop delivering content that is a lot of fun for a lot of people here? Only to get some few rewards easier? 

Didn't you read any of my other posts? I want them to stop to help out players who aren't good and don't want rewards locked behind insane challenges like that. I also really doubt a lot of people actually enjoy it.

8 hours ago, SuperTroll Maxim Lapierre said:

Phoenixmaster1's videos usually will work, because the units like Wrys, Vangaurd Ike, Brave Lyn, Olivia, and the like are freebies in the game and he does experiment with substitutes or IVs. I learned that Arthur is quite the useful unit both as fodder and as a lance check in Xander's map, although he will need a Distant Def Sacred Seal to survive.

Lunatic is easy and I've never had issues with it. I've only been playing since whenever the Tharja vs. Sigurd Gauntlet started and didn't really play at all until January and Lyon's map came. Then I missed a full month or so. But my barracks are full and the Lunatic maps for Lyon, Valter, Arvis, were things I went through with little difficulty. The Infernal maps were not such cakewalks, I did burn stamina potions and I have yet to complete Arvis's map, but I did do Valter's and Lyon's, with Lyon being a true last minute completion and I had the luck to pull a Faye and inherit Firesweep onto Brave Lyn.

I still do not trust videos.

Lunatic is super hard around half the time, what are you talking about? Just now I found yet again I could not beat a map, even on lunatic. This is ridiculous. I'm losing interest in the game now because I feel like I can't complete 80% of the content in it. Arena gets extremely hard at times too. I don't enjoy a game when I'm constantly getting frustrated or having to try millions of times just to beat one map.

Edited by Anacybele

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Didn't you read any of my other posts? I want them to stop to help out players who aren't good and don't want rewards locked behind insane challenges like that. I also really doubt a lot of people actually enjoy it.

9 hours ago, SuperTroll Maxim Lapierre said:

To the contrary, without challenge I don't think I would continue to play this game much longer. I'd prefer any Infernal GHB or BHB over the new game modes for example, even if the reward was just crystals or Arena medals or whatever. 

What rewards are locked behind Infernal difficulty? 4 orbs (BHB) or another 4* copy of a unit you already got + 2,000 feathers (GHB). That is really few compared to all the other free stuff we are getting every month. There are so many modes in this game, how does this small fraction upset you so much? 

5 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

To the contrary, without challenge I don't think I would continue to play this game much longer. I'd prefer any Infernal GHB or BHB over the new game modes for example, even if the reward was just crystals or Arena medals or whatever. 

What rewards are locked behind Infernal difficulty? 4 orbs (BHB) or another 4* copy of a unit you already got + 2,000 feathers (GHB). That is really few compared to all the other free stuff we are getting every month. There are so many modes in this game, how does this small fraction upset you so much? 

Feathers, and a bunch of orbs thanks to the first set of GHB quests. And as you pointed out, BHB orbs.

So it's all those orbs I would miss out on, basically. Orbs that could've very well gotten me 5 star units or good fodder or something.

Edited by Anacybele

7 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

7 hours ago, silveraura25 said:

I didn't know that. Blaggi sticked to me, but fan translations can only take you so far

57 minutes ago, Troykv said:

It's probably the same thing anyway, but with  slightly different pronunciation because of old-fan-translations not knowing the name's origins.

The names of Judgral's holy bloodlines prior to the official English localization names come from the in-game character status screen which displays the name of the holy blood in Latin characters.

Most of the names of the holy bloodlines are named for Norse gods with corrupted spellings based on their pronunciations, likely intentional due to artistic license.

For example, the hero Hezul's name derives from that of the Norse god Höðr, which is approximated in Japanese as "ヘズル" (hezuru) using the approximations ö→e and ð→z as the closest sounds in Japanese. The name ヘズル, which is, in fact, Hezul's name in Japanese characters, is then re-romanized back into Latin characters as "Hezul".

I'm actually a bit surprised they chose to keep the pronunciation of the final "r" in Höðr→ヘズル→Hezul, considering that most of the time, Japanese will ignore it like with Baldr→バルド→Baldo or Urðr→ウルズ. That said, Ullr→ウル→Ulir is even weirder in that they did drop the pronunciation of the final "r" in Ullr, but re-added it when spelling out "Ulir".

25 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

That just means you aren't making full use of them. When you try to emulate what a video does with different units, you need to understand why the strategy in the video works and not just where you put your units and which enemies to attack when.

They aren't lying to you or trying to trick you.

8 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Feathers, and a bunch of orbs thanks to the first set of GHB quests.

You have a full year to work on improving your barracks to clear those quests. There is no requirement to finish them as soon as the quests are released.

Edited by Ice Dragon

17 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Feathers, and a bunch of orbs thanks to the first set of GHB quests. And as you pointed out, BHB orbs.

So it's all those orbs I would miss out on, basically. Orbs that could've very well gotten me 5 star units or good fodder or something.

You would miss some orbs temporary.  That makes you want to get the Infernal maps cancelled all together? 

What I mean is: Those orbs should be less dear to you than the actual content (Infernal challenge) is dear to me (and many others). 

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Lunatic is super hard around half the time, what are you talking about? Just now I found yet again I could not beat a map, even on lunatic. This is ridiculous. I'm losing interest in the game now because I feel like I can't complete 80% of the content in it. Arena gets extremely hard at times too. I don't enjoy a game when I'm constantly getting frustrated or having to try millions of times just to beat one map.

It usually boils down to 3 main issues I see when you complain about the game like this:

Spoiler

1. You're very stubborn and often refuse to use/build units when given advice for beating things. While there's nothing wrong with prioritizing favorites, I've seen so many times where you complain you're struggling with some content and somebody recommends another unit to try (often easily accessible/free, too) and you refuse because you just don't like them/think they're bad. Part of beating content is having the right tools, and for someone playing as long as you have you probably do have what you need for most stuff, if you're willing to actually use them. If you're willing but just not skilled enough to figure out how to use them, well that's what listening to the advice or point 2 below is for.

2. You disregard guides like those F2P videos, or you lack the patience to follow them properly. They absolutely do work provided you match the units the way they have it set up, and the F2P ones usually pick units everyone should have easy access to. That means matching the IVs of the units use too (as most will plainly state) And they usually use neutral IV ones of the freebie units since everyone should have those. If you don't have some of those units due to sending them home or something that's not their fault.

3. You often seem to struggle with content that's specifically intended to be a challenge, and then complain it's too challenging for you in particular thus is must be too challenging in general. That does not mean it is for everyone else, and doing away with or changing that content to lower it to your level would take away enjoyment for other players. It's also something meant to be worked toward to beat. There's a reason the GHB Elite quests last a full year, so anybody has plenty of time to build up their barracks to take on those quests and get the rewards. Even if you fail to beat a GHB on Lunatic when it comes out, you can count on trying it again whenever they do a rerun. I couldn't beat Ursula's GHB on Lunatic early on when it first dropped since my units weren't up to it, but I beat it easily later on for the rerun with more units at my disposal.

And if you don't enjoy the game and the challenge of it as it is, that doesn't necessarily mean the game needs change. Rather than demand they cater to you(despite that they already are, honestly), you might just want to choose something else to play. Maybe less challenging if that's so frustrating for you with this game.

29 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

They aren't lying to you or trying to trick you.

I didn't mean it like that. Sorry for the confusion. I know videos mean well and all, but when I often don't have the same units with the same skills/IVs, they can't help me much.

7 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

It usually boils down to 3 main issues I see when you complain about the game like this:

Hide contents

1. You're very stubborn and often refuse to use/build units when given advice for beating things. While there's nothing wrong with prioritizing favorites, I've seen so many times where you complain you're struggling with some content and somebody recommends another unit to try (often easily accessible/free, too) and you refuse because you just don't like them/think they're bad. Part of beating content is having the right tools, and for someone playing as long as you have you probably do have what you need for most stuff, if you're willing to actually use them. If you're willing but just not skilled enough to figure out how to use them, well that's what listening to the advice or point 2 below is for.

2. You disregard guides like those F2P videos, or you lack the patience to follow them properly. They absolutely do work provided you match the units the way they have it set up, and the F2P ones usually pick units everyone should have easy access to. That means matching the IVs of the units use too (as most will plainly state) And they usually use neutral IV ones of the freebie units since everyone should have those. If you don't have some of those units due to sending them home or something that's not their fault.

3. You often seem to struggle with content that's specifically intended to be a challenge, and then complain it's too challenging for you in particular thus is must be too challenging in general. That does not mean it is for everyone else, and doing away with or changing that content to lower it to your level would take away enjoyment for other players. It's also something meant to be worked toward to beat. There's a reason the GHB Elite quests last a full year, so anybody has plenty of time to build up their barracks to take on those quests and get the rewards. Even if you fail to beat a GHB on Lunatic when it comes out, you can count on trying it again whenever they do a rerun. I couldn't beat Ursula's GHB on Lunatic early on when it first dropped since my units weren't up to it, but I beat it easily later on for the rerun with more units at my disposal.

And if you don't enjoy the game and the challenge of it as it is, that doesn't necessarily mean the game needs change. Rather than demand they cater to you(despite that they already are, honestly), you might just want to choose something else to play. Maybe less challenging if that's so frustrating for you with this game.

1. what's wrong with wanting to use certain units and not wanting to use certain others?

2. I already explained, I often don't have those same IVs or skills on the same units. I chose not to get most of the freebie units because I either pulled good IV versions of them or I have better units to choose from. And building up one unit just for one map is kind of silly.

3. This one I'll give you. But why would lowering the difficulty a bit take away enjoyment for other people? Note, I'm not asking for it to be so easy that it's boring. Just to find a better balance the difficulty, where it's not too hard or too easy. I can understand if such a balance isn't easy to find though.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Note, I'm not asking for it to be so easy that it's boring.

That's actually entirely the problem.

Players with very built up barracks already find Lunatic to be trivial.

Heck, I can auto-battle Ursula's Infernal Grand Hero Battle with my fully built male Grima, 1 unit with Fortify Dragons or Fortify Armor, and any other 2 units of my choice (no weapon or assist skill equipped) regardless of level.

Infernal maps are pretty much the only maps in the game where I don't just automatically bulldoze the map simply by selecting it.

8 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

That's actually entirely the problem.

Players with very built up barracks already find Lunatic to be trivial.

Heck, I can auto-battle Ursula's Infernal Grand Hero Battle with my fully built male Grima, 1 unit with Fortify Dragons or Fortify Armor, and any other 2 units of my choice (no weapon or assist skill equipped) regardless of level.

Infernal maps are pretty much the only maps in the game where I don't just automatically bulldoze the map simply by selecting it.

Well, you're a whale, aren't you? You've got tons of +10 5 stars to do that with. Some of us aren't whales and don't have so many superpowered units.

8 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Well, you're a whale, aren't you? You've got tons of +10 5 stars to do that with. Some of us aren't whales and don't have so many superpowered units.

And that's entirely my point. Some players are already at the point where everything Lunatic and lower is so easy it is boring.

Whales are the people who keep the game going financially, and making the game so easy it's boring is a great way to tell whales that there's no reason to continue to play this game.

Edited by Ice Dragon