Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

I love how in the notifications they pretty much said “Yes, we’re  aware someone screwed up Sais’s text, no, we will not fix it and no you will NOT be getting free orbs from this. Thank you and have a nice day.” :)

Also HM grinding is unbearably boring. I usually prefer, you know, actually playing the game instead of doing chores.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Yeah, I see the theoretical amount of feathers you can get by grinding free HM, and sure, that seems nice. Then I calculate out 20 HM per battle, so 1000 battles to promote one unit to 5-star. Umm, yeah I'll pass.

I like to use HM as a measure of how much I use units, so I never grind it. I haven't capped any units off at the latest HM yet, although Reinhardt is very close. I decided to get caught up on at least attempting all the Chain Challenges while I still had him readily available :)

I've been auto-battling Chapter 1+2 Normal whenever I have the spare stamina, since it's not like I have anything better to do with it.

Should be able to upgrade Saias, Roy, and Fae this weekend.

I like having nothing meaningful to do in FEH; I have a Crusader Kings 2 game to finish, I just bought Rimworld, and Pillars of Eternity 2 is releasing next month. All the while I've been playing a game of Age of Empires 2 most nights (which halted my Binding Blade attempt in its tracks). The perfect FEH state for me is one where I can do all the current content while I'm at work, and where I can completely ignore it while at home.

Edited by Humanoid

So we should get the next trailer on Sunday night. Thinking about what to expect:

Recent New Heroes banners have covered Jugdral, Magvel, Tellius, and the 3DS games pretty well for the moment. Personally, the banners I'm most hoping for are beast shifters and FE4 kids, but beast shifters would only be introduced either alongside or following a version update adding their weapon type, while FE4 kids are unlikely to follow this closely behind FE5. So outside of some miscellaneous banner like Fallen Heroes, that suggests it'll probably be either Archanea, Elibe, or Valencia. FE6 is the only game not to have a full banner since launch, but it's already got a solid character lineup that includes most of its popular characters, so I don't think it's something they're especially likely to prioritize right now. FE1/3 and FE7 are in similar positions. So that leaves FE2, which has gotten a lot of attention through its remake and has plenty of popular characters missing like Kliff and Conrad. I think it'd be a solid pick from IS's perspective, so that's my guess for the next banner.

Past that, I'm hoping the early May banner will finally introduce beasts. Whenever they do add them, I'm guessing they'll release multiple at once, but even just one would pave the way for more. Late May will probably be the second round of brides. June seems like a good time for either FE4 kids or another miscellaneous banner, like a villain collection. And of course late June may have a summer banner, but they could also start shaking up that part of the seasonal lineup if they think there were too many last year.

1 hour ago, Othin said:

So we should get the next trailer on Sunday night. Thinking about what to expect:

Recent New Heroes banners have covered Jugdral, Magvel, Tellius, and the 3DS games pretty well for the moment. Personally, the banners I'm most hoping for are beast shifters and FE4 kids, but beast shifters would only be introduced either alongside or following a version update adding their weapon type, while FE4 kids are unlikely to follow this closely behind FE5. So outside of some miscellaneous banner like Fallen Heroes, that suggests it'll probably be either Archanea, Elibe, or Valencia. FE6 is the only game not to have a full banner since launch, but it's already got a solid character lineup that includes most of its popular characters, so I don't think it's something they're especially likely to prioritize right now. FE1/3 and FE7 are in similar positions. So that leaves FE2, which has gotten a lot of attention through its remake and has plenty of popular characters missing like Kliff and Conrad. I think it'd be a solid pick from IS's perspective, so that's my guess for the next banner.

Past that, I'm hoping the early May banner will finally introduce beasts. Whenever they do add them, I'm guessing they'll release multiple at once, but even just one would pave the way for more. Late May will probably be the second round of brides. June seems like a good time for either FE4 kids or another miscellaneous banner, like a villain collection. And of course late June may have a summer banner, but they could also start shaking up that part of the seasonal lineup if they think there were too many last year.

Kliff could be a colored archer since they mentioned colored bows in the game.  Silque would probably be a save bet for an SoV banner, and either a Sonya or Faye alt would be my bet.  We will have to see this weekend.  I am kind of hoping for FE 6 with Elphin on the banner, but I just want a male refresher in the general pool.

I'm really hoping for an FE6 banner with Perceval on. I will also accept Saul or Elphin. I feel like it deserves a full banner, personally... but that may just be bias since I really want Perceval v.v

2 hours ago, .............. said:

Anyone thoughts on building a +def/-HP Neph?

I'm about to go to bed, but I'll offer some ideas when I wake up

Thinking more about the seasonal change: if their goal is to have two banners a month and a third of the banners be seasonal, that's 8 banners per year. Our first year of seasonal banners had 9: spring, brides, summer x2, Performing Arts, Halloween, Christmas, New Year's, and Valentine's Day. The back-to-back winter banners got a lot of complaints, and the current banner schedule doesn't even really allow for that anymore, since there's no room for a banner between Christmas and New Year's. So if they just consolidate the two winter banners into one for future years, they're down to 8 and don't need to cut any other banners.

This schedule would probably look something like this:

• Early February: Valentine's Day
  • Late March: Spring
  • Late May: Brides
  • Late June: Summer 1
  • Late July: Summer 2
  • Early September: Performing Arts
  • Late October: Halloween
  • Late December: Winter

Performing Arts was originally at the end of September, but early September seems to space it out better when thinking of CYL as closer to a regular New Heroes banner. It could go either way, really. Performing Arts also stands out as a bit odd because it's so limited in scope and doesn't seem to have as much relevance to the actual time of year rather than the characters themselves, so it's one I could imagine having an especially different successor.

53 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

I'm really hoping for an FE6 banner with Perceval on. I will also accept Saul or Elphin. I feel like it deserves a full banner, personally... but that may just be bias since I really want Perceval v.v

I do think we'll get some sort of full FE6 banner eventually, but I'm not sure when. I'm guessing it'll be sometime this year, to avoid frustrating the FE6 fans too much, but still a few months away.

Perceval got just shy of the top 300 on both CYLs, which I think puts him as one of the top FE6 candidates, since it has almost no unreleased characters in the top 300.

Well, Matthew merges haven't shown up in a while. Neither have Chrom ones and Lukas still doesn't have the right nature to get started on him (+ATK or +RES), but that doesn't mean progress can't be made on my team. Nino remains ready to go anytime.

mbsAivN.png

We're getting there.

10 hours ago, silveraura25 said:

To be honest, there isn't anything else to do in the game right now. Might as well get feathers and watch anime.

Holy shit this post is godlike, i love it.

3 hours ago, Othin said:

I do think we'll get some sort of full FE6 banner eventually, but I'm not sure when. I'm guessing it'll be sometime this year, to avoid frustrating the FE6 fans too much, but still a few months away.

Perceval got just shy of the top 300 on both CYLs, which I think puts him as one of the top FE6 candidates, since it has almost no unreleased characters in the top 300.

@Cute Chao I was hoping someone had already done the boring spreadsheet work for CYL2 by now, but it looks like nobody ever did, so I went and entered in like half of it. Perceval is 8th of the not yet appearing in Heroes crowd from Binding Blade, 6th highest male, and the highest lance user in that bunch. Quick list of character/placing:

1. Idunn: 151 - Dragon of some color. Also possible GHB contender or even a Legendary hero.
  2. Rutger: 159 - Sword
  3. Lugh: 230 - Green Tome
  4. Dieck: 239 - Sword
  5. Gonzalez: 265 - Axe
  6. Lot: 276 - Axe
  7. Sue: 286 - Cavalry Bow
  8. Perceval: 307 - Lance

If they were feeling generous (which I think they might have to be considering Binding Blade is lesser known), they could do two thematic 3 person banners like they had with Echoes, or a single 6 person banner like they did for Blazing Blade.

1 hour ago, Johann said:

@Cute Chao I was hoping someone had already done the boring spreadsheet work for CYL2 by now, but it looks like nobody ever did, so I went and entered in like half of it. Perceval is 8th of the not yet appearing in Heroes crowd from Binding Blade, 6th highest male, and the highest lance user in that bunch. Quick list of character/placing:

1. Idunn: 151 - Dragon of some color. Also possible GHB contender or even a Legendary hero.
  2. Rutger: 159 - Sword
  3. Lugh: 230 - Green Tome
  4. Dieck: 239 - Sword
  5. Gonzalez: 265 - Axe
  6. Lot: 276 - Axe
  7. Sue: 286 - Cavalry Bow
  8. Perceval: 307 - Lance

If they were feeling generous (which I think they might have to be considering Binding Blade is lesser known), they could do two thematic 3 person banners like they had with Echoes, or a single 6 person banner like they did for Blazing Blade.

Thanks - it gives me an idea.

Lot still feels like it's all because of memes, but I guess the game needs more axe users...

Urgh, I feel like there's no chance he will get in now. I refused to look at the list because I knew he wouldn't be as popular as I really hoped he would be in my mind >.< 

Out of the ones there, I really don't have any interest in any of them. I adore Rutger but I'm teeming with infantry swords. Sue might be interesting, but I'd much rather her father or Shin. I'm too shallow to want to pull for Lot or Gonzalez. Dieck's cool, but can refer back to the problem with infantry sword users. If they go the axe route for him, then I might go for him. Idunn... I won't pull for her but I hope she will be a GHB. Lugh is meh to me, although I guess I have Nino, Raigh and Jaffar so maybe to complete the family. He's just so... bright and shota >.<

29 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

Thanks - it gives me an idea.

Lot still feels like it's all because of memes, but I guess the game needs more axe users...

Urgh, I feel like there's no chance he will get in now. I refused to look at the list because I knew he wouldn't be as popular as I really hoped he would be in my mind >.< 

Out of the ones there, I really don't have any interest in any of them. I adore Rutger but I'm teeming with infantry swords. Sue might be interesting, but I'd much rather her father or Shin. I'm too shallow to want to pull for Lot or Gonzalez. Dieck's cool, but can refer back to the problem with infantry sword users. If they go the axe route for him, then I might go for him. Idunn... I won't pull for her but I hope she will be a GHB. Lugh is meh to me, although I guess I have Nino, Raigh and Jaffar so maybe to complete the family. He's just so... bright and shota >.<

I'd say Gonzalez is much meme-ier than Lot, and while the game needs more greens, unmemorable generic axe guys aren't what people want.

It might be worth noting that Saias placed really low-- #515 with 225 votes, yet he's in the game before countless Thracia units who easily outrank him (highest not in the game being Mareeta, ranked 228 with 1043 votes). I haven't played Thracia, but

After playing Geneolgy for a bit, I realize I would love banner that was something like Azel (Red Tome Infantry), Lex (Axe Cav, and Midir (Bow Cav). Actually, how high did those three rank according to both CYL2 and CYL1?

5 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

After playing Geneolgy for a bit, I realize I would love banner that was something like Azel (Red Tome Infantry), Lex (Axe Cav, and Midir (Bow Cav). Actually, how high did those three rank according to both CYL2 and CYL1?

Give me some time to check.

5 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

CYL 1
339th: Azelle, 542 votes
384th: Lex, 426 votes
540th: Midir, 173 votes

CYL 2
367th: Lex, 510 votes
379th: Azelle, 483 votes
619th: Midir, 116 votes

11 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

Azelle: #339 (542 votes) in CYL1 → #379 (483 votes) in CYL2;
Lex: #384 (426 votes) in CYL1 → #367 (510 votes) in CYL2;
Midir: #540 (173 votes) in CYL1 → #619 (116 votes) in CYL2.

EDIT: sniped.

Edited by Vaximillian

44 minutes ago, Johann said:

I'd say Gonzalez is much meme-ier than Lot, and while the game needs more greens, unmemorable generic axe guys aren't what people want.

It might be worth noting that Saias placed really low-- #515 with 225 votes, yet he's in the game before countless Thracia units who easily outrank him (highest not in the game being Mareeta, ranked 228 with 1043 votes). I haven't played Thracia, but

The other missing Thracia units who scored above Saias are:

• Glade (#352)
  • Ced (#357)
  • Eyvel (#439)
  • Osian (#441)
  • Sara (#452)
  • Asbel (#487)
  • Linoan (#500)
  • Miranda (#501)
  • Lara (#505)
  • Ronan (#508)
  • Marty (#514)

While that's a lot of units, none of them would really be fitting as GHB units. FE5's main villains aren't particularly memorable: aside from Saias, the main GHB candidate would probably be Reinhardt, if he wasn't already in the game.

Other FE5 GHB candidates:

• Galzus (#527)
  • Kempf (#535)
  • Salem (#630)
  • Raydrik (#710)
  • Xavier (#717)
  • Veld (#756)

Galzus and Kempf weren't far behind, but I think Saias is a better pick than them. Salem would seem silly to the point that I'm not even sure he counts, but I'm listing him anyway just because he was a legit boss. The other three ranked way worse, including the two main villains.

So I do think being the best GHB pick was enough reason for Saias to get in despite his low ranking, and I remember remarking beforehand that he seemed likely based on that process of elimination alone.

(I also should note that CYL2 was almost definitely too late to actually have any impact on this banner, so CYL1 is probably the relevant rankings here.)