• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

23 minutes ago, Othin said:

So I do think being the best GHB pick was enough reason for Saias to get in despite his low ranking, and I remember remarking beforehand that he seemed likely based on that process of elimination alone.

For reference, Saias got 560th place (155 votes) in CYL 1. And it's not like Saias is the only unpopular character who got a GHB:

Michalis, SD: 407th (354 votes) -> 288th (764 votes)
Michalis, MotE: 473rd (256 votes) -> 424th (376 votes)
Legion: 512th (218 votes) -> 433rd (352 votes)
Clarisse: 416th (335 votes) -> 370th (502 votes)
Zephiel, BB: 274th (808 votes) -> 303rd (704 votes)
Valter: 317th (619 votes) -> 349th (547 votes)
Oliver: 255th (902 votes) -> 380th (482 votes)

Granted, Saias did worse than all these characters in both CYLs, but none of these characters had the disadvantage of being a character exclusive to FE5 (easily the most obscure and little-known game in the series at this point now that Gaiden got exposure through SoV).

1 hour ago, Johann said:

I'd say Gonzalez is much meme-ier than Lot, and while the game needs more greens, unmemorable generic axe guys aren't what people want.

It might be worth noting that Saias placed really low-- #515 with 225 votes, yet he's in the game before countless Thracia units who easily outrank him (highest not in the game being Mareeta, ranked 228 with 1043 votes). I haven't played Thracia, but

Saias has the benefit of being a good GHB boss. While you can argue Perceval does appear as an enemy at one point, there are others who would make better GHB bosses (though I would not complain if they threw him in there). 

I thought Lot's popularity was because of a meme of some kind? It might just be me - I find him really forgettable. I can't even really remember the differences between him and Wade - a bit like Bord and Cord (even though they actually get supports). Gonzales at least stands out somewhat, though I don't keep on top of memes so you're probably right that he is one. 

40 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

I thought Lot's popularity was because of a meme of some kind? It might just be me - I find him really forgettable. I can't even really remember the differences between him and Wade - a bit like Bord and Cord (even though they actually get supports). 

From what I heard, a Japanese Youtuber was responsible for making Lot into a popular character, sort in the same vein as Lute. I wholeheartedly agree that Lot would be a pretty disappointing addition, and I’d rather Melady, Tate, or Shin be added. Larum could also be an interesting addition for a new dancer for the summoning pool, maybe a red tome dancer to finish the triangle? Etruria is know for their magic after all.

I do feel pretty bad for Fighters though as they tend to be fairly unpopular unless your name is Dorcas. 

1 minute ago, SilvertheShadow said:

I do feel pretty bad for Fighters though as they tend to be fairly unpopular unless your name is Dorcas. 

Which is why a mass injection of new 3–4★ is needed. These people all don’t deserve a 5★, but they all deserve to make it into the game.

5 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Which is why a mass injection of new 3–4★ is needed. These people all don’t deserve a 5★, but they all deserve to make it into the game.

Sadly, if it took over a year for mass demotions to happen, I don’t think new 3-4* will see the light of day for who knows how long, if ever. We do need to count our blessings.

25 minutes ago, SilvertheShadow said:

Sadly, if it took over a year for mass demotions to happen, I don’t think new 3-4* will see the light of day for who knows how long, if ever. We do need to count our blessings.

Actually, now that we actually have 4-star banners as a thing, I wouldn't be surprised to see 4-star new character banners for less popular characters.

2 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Just put Lot and Gonzalez on mounts, two birds one stone.

You can put Lot on Gonzalez (or the other way around) to kill even more birds with one stone.

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

You can put Lot on Gonzalez (or the other way around) to kill even more birds with one stone.

They'll release both, and people will inevitably complain that Gonzalez on Lot is just an alt of Lot on Gonzalez. Even if one of them is a flying unit.

• Lot
  • Gonzales
  • Dart
  • Bartre (FE7)
  • Echidna
  • Bord
  • Cord
  • Nolan
  • Boyd
  • Ross
  • Charlotte
  • Dozla

I don't know much about Awakening/Fates and their axe users so this is a list mostly omitting them. The ones in bold are probably going to happen. The ones italicized should happen and the ones in both with an underline need to happen.

Edited by Zeo

5 minutes ago, Zeo said:
  • Lot
  • Gonzales
  • Dart
  • Bartre (FE7)
  • Echidna
  • Bord
  • Cord
  • Nolan
  • Boyd
  • Ross
  • Charlotte
  • Dozla

I don't know much about Awakening/Fates and their axe users so this is a list mostly omitting them. The ones in bold are probably going to happen. The ones italicized should happen and the ones in both with an underline need to happen.

With the streak of alternate skins, they very well may consider an FE7 version of Bartre. Which worries me. Bartre, but with no moustache and even more un-hinged, just isn't compelling to me. I also feel like the version of Charlotte that we do have is way better than her canon interpretation. The only thing holding it back being that it's a seasonal.

Boyd and Rolf I think will join Oscar some day, and follow Oscar's example of being in banners they don't belong in. So Rolf in the Daein banner and Boyd in the Laguz banner. Gotta have the remaining Greil Mercs as spread out as possible.

33 minutes ago, Zeo said:
  • Lot
  • Gonzales
  • Dart
  • Bartre (FE7)
  • Echidna
  • Bord
  • Cord
  • Nolan
  • Boyd
  • Ross
  • Charlotte
  • Dozla

Don't worry, you only missed Vaike for Awakening, but nobody cares about him. He's a Jersey Shore reject. You also forgot Wade but once again whatever. Mostly agree with your picks aside from Bartre. Last thing I want is for the clean shaven version of a potentially cruddy SI character to litter the pool.

3 minutes ago, SilvertheShadow said:

Don't worry, you only missed Vaike for Awakening, but nobody cares about him. He's a Jersey Shore reject. You also forgot Wade but once again whatever. Mostly agree with your picks aside from Bartre. Last thing I want is for the clean shaven version of a potentially cruddy SI character to litter the pool.

Rinkah and her two top 100 place CYL finishes say hi. 

25 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

With the streak of alternate skins, they very well may consider an FE7 version of Bartre. Which worries me. Bartre, but with no moustache and even more un-hinged, just isn't compelling to me. I also feel like the version of Charlotte that we do have is way better than her canon interpretation. The only thing holding it back being that it's a seasonal.

Boyd and Rolf I think will join Oscar some day, and follow Oscar's example of being in banners they don't belong in. So Rolf in the Daein banner and Boyd in the Laguz banner. Gotta have the remaining Greil Mercs as spread out as possible.

4 minutes ago, SilvertheShadow said:

I don't know... as someone who played FE7 (First FE) and then FE6, that Bartre just appeals to me quite a bit more. The spunky dimwit fighter who meets and marries his match (or superior) and settles down vs the slightly lame/weirdo father who yells "FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIR!". I'd go with the former. Plus, as a unit (particularly a launch one) Bartre has always seemed underwhelming to me and I think he deserves to take a seat a bit higher up on the hierarchy with Dorcas both as a unit and cosmetically (FE7 Bartre's appearance > FE6's).

For other axes, I've always preferred Lot, who honestly seems like he's related to Dorcas. Wade is alright but I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't be disappointed if he was chosen over Lot. That being said. Ross when? 100% the axe I'm waiting for the most followed by Nolan and maybe Gonzales. Echidna is cool though. Female axes are the business.

12 hours ago, .............. said:

Anyone thoughts on building a +def/-HP Neph?

Nephenee (5★ +def -hp)  
Weapon: Slaying Spear+  
Refine: Slaying Spear+ - Spd Bonus  
Special: Moonbow  
A: Fury 3  
B: Wrath 3  
S: Speed +3  
Slaying Spear as in the Heavy Spear upgrade

6 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Rinkah and her two top 100 place CYL finishes say hi. 

Whoops. That’s true, though to be fair I did say for Awakening. :P

13 minutes ago, SilvertheShadow said:

Don't worry, you only missed Vaike for Awakening, but nobody cares about him.

I care about him :(
He’s a dumb fuck, but at least he can be funny.

Oh crap. We also forgot about Basilio! He’s technically a warrior, but I can’t see him weilding a bow of all things. Basilio is an axe man, so to the list he goes.