Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

35 minutes ago, Ae†her said:

I have a slight fear that they'll give Ishtar the Sonya treatment in Heroes, and make her a banner baiter. Not that she doesn't already have the power to be a banner baiter just with her sheer power, but I don't want them to make her into a big racked, only-about-the-hot-stuff kind of mage.

Eh, she'll probably be more like a hotter Tailtu and subtly suggestive, with emphasis on the leg area...since the Freege mages have their breast area mostly covered up.  

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

13 hours ago, Humanoid said:

I was just watching Downfall the other day so now I know Fire Emblem and Lucina share a birthday with Adolf Hitler.

And weed! Although that is not a birthday, it is still a celebration!

1 hour ago, Lewyn said:

Yeah realistically at the molasses rate they are adding new characters, a ton of them are never going to get in.  I mean we can't expect Heroes to last decades.  

If Heroes continues to be a cash cow, there is no reason it cannot last decades. The more money we dump into the game, the harder it is for Nintendo to abandon it.

28 minutes ago, Ae†her said:

I actually want Aversa as a GHB though so Ishtar doesn't have to take that role.

While I was hoping for Aversa as a GHB early on, I think the progression of mage fliers we've gotten suggests that's not likely to happen anytime soon. We got one for each color as seasonal units, limited-availability chances to get those flashy new unit types, and now recently we've gotten Morgan as our first regular summoning pool mage flier as a 5* exclusive. I think they're going to keep introducing more mage fliers, but keep them rare as long as they think they can squeeze money out of them. That in mind, I'm guessing Aversa will be our second red tome flier but as a 5* exclusive summon, like Morgan.

1 minute ago, Othin said:

While I was hoping for Aversa as a GHB early on, I think the progression of mage fliers we've gotten suggests that's not likely to happen anytime soon. We got one for each color as seasonal units, limited-availability chances to get those flashy new unit types, and now recently we've gotten Morgan as our first regular summoning pool mage flier as a 5* exclusive. I think they're going to keep introducing more mage fliers, but keep them rare as long as they think they can squeeze money out of them. That in mind, I'm guessing Aversa will be our second red tome flier but as a 5* exclusive summon, like Morgan.

Well it wouldn't surprise me if that were the case as Aversa has all of the credentials needed to become a banner unit.

- Camilla's personality

- A special weapon (one with her name, and one that only she comes with)

- A female flyer

- A flying tome user

- Originates from a "Waifu-Emblem" game 

35 minutes ago, XRay said:

And weed! Although that is not a birthday, it is still a celebration!

If Heroes continues to be a cash cow, there is no reason it cannot last decades. The more money we dump into the game, the harder it is for Nintendo to abandon it.

Don't most gacha games fizzle out after a few years though?  

28 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

Don't most gacha games fizzle out after a few years though?  

As long as it has a dedicated wealthy fan base (lots of whales), it should be fine. Having a dedicated wealthy fan base is not easy, but Fire Emblem has the advantage being old so it has built a large enough dedicated fan base by this point, and the young fans back then all grew up and are able to support the game and patronize the developers with their new found wealth.

Valkyrie Crusade was released in 2013 I believe and it is still going strong today. I can imagine it lasting at least another 5 years. It is one of the best waifu game in its genre in my opinion, with only KanColle surpassing it in terms of popularity. I think KanColle was released at around the same time too. 5 years is not comparable to Fire Emblem's 20+ years of existence, but 5 years should be enough to establish a brand and reputation to attract and keep a good amount of whales.

I played it for a few weeks when it came over State side, but I did not feel the urge to spend money on it since I have no nostalgia or any feelings attached to the waifus. My interest quickly waned since I was not getting enough new waifus to capture my attention. However, if I managed to stick with, I would have probably spend money on it eventually and probably get as absorbed into it as I am with Heroes.

Edited by XRay

So just in case anyone actually wondered about this

Leif's Sage King title mentioned in Tempest Trial  was first shown on Awakening. Its actually one of those 9000 things the western fanbase didn't know because the translation for FE5 isn't the best thing ever

Welp, the second week with Valter's GHB means I'm left waiting for a legendary hero of fire or just spending four fire blessings to make a team and maybe figuring out which units to get rid of so I have space for the extra GHB units.

An Ayra banner where she isn't sharing a colour? That's new

I'm out of DC to give and failed to pull wrath on the previous skill banner so there probably isn't any point in rolling for her. I'll wait for tomorrow's trailer

Edited by Korath88

@Vaximillian @Zeo @mampfoid @Cute Chao @SatsumaFSoysoy

I had 1 red orb and 1 green orb in the Swift Sparrow/Mirror Strike banner and...

tumblr_p7ks8xgj0e1qcrdmuo1_1280.png

!!!!!!

My second Celica! I can finally replace my +Res/-Atk now! (This one is +Res/-Def)

Also my second free Celica summon. I can give Distant Def to someone now! (Maybe Triple DD +Res LA!Roy?)

Tried the green orb to see if I could get the actual Echoes character in the focus- it was just a -Spd Raven. Oh well, now to wait for the trailers. 

Main account was a 4 star Hinata, which I always welcome now that Fury will be rarer.

Edited by mcsilas

1 minute ago, mcsilas said:

Oh well, now to wait for the trailers. 

Nice Celica! Meanwhile, I’m waiting for the reveal of the next GHB. If it isn’t someone I’d really like to promote, then 4★ Gerome comes on the chopping block. Nothing personal, Titania deserves that poleaxe.

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

Nice Celica! Meanwhile, I’m waiting for the reveal of the next GHB. If it isn’t someone I’d really like to promote, then 4★ Gerome comes on the chopping block. Nothing personal, Titania deserves that poleaxe.

Oh snap, I clicked on the wrong thread. I thought this was the Pull Topic lol

I really want to see the Legendary Hero banner trailer now. I've got almost 200 orbs saved now and my orb hand is twitching...

2 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

I really want to see the Legendary Hero banner trailer now. I've got almost 200 orbs saved now and my orb hand is twitching...

300% sure there won’t be Linde or Deirdre on the banner. No Linde or Deirdre, no pull.

(also no orbs)

3 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

300% sure there won’t be Linde or Deirdre on the banner. No Linde or Deirdre, no pull.

(also no orbs)

You poor thing. Naga still hasn't come home

4 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

(also no orbs)

Alt powercrept Linde on a banner before regular Linde.

Any other 5 stars that hasn't featured in a banner in a really long time?

7 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Any other 5 stars that hasn't featured in a banner in a really long time?

Dragon Scion Tiki: Oct 2017 (Blood of Dragons, Block A)
Julia: Aug 2017 (Starter Support Hero Fest)
Luke: June 2017 (Echoes of Mystery...yup)
Saber: July 2017 (Celica's Army...also yup)

17 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

We should get a new banner trailer tomorrow, though it might be alts (and it's not the Legendary Heroes one). I'm personally betting on Binding Blade, though most likely with a token alt character à la Eirika, Chrom and Reinhardt/Olwen.