Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

You say “Atk boon” as if it rains +Atk Titanias on me. Five Titanias in a row before this one were −Atk, I kid you not.

I wanted a Spd one. I have two +Atk ones. Feh trading when?

speedy crimson lady you have there though. I approve :D 

rip magetanking though haha

also Titania has one of the best hair in FE

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

1 minute ago, mcsilas said:

speedy crimson lady you have there though. I approve :D 

rip magetanking though haha

also Titania has one of the best hair in FE

Her magetanking was RIP the moment she turned out to be −Res, heh. And I absolutely detest the design for the emerald axe anyway.
Titania is my second favourite lady and character of Tellius, extremely close behind Calill, who’ll never get into Heroes at this rate.

And yes, Titania’s mega-braid is gorgeous. IIRC, she is the only one in the whole series to wear her hair in a single braid.

18 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

You say “Atk boon” as if it rains +Atk Titanias on me. Five Titanias in a row before this one were −Atk, I kid you not.

So you decided to use feathers on her, knowing that you'll probably do the same again if you get +atk. Aren't merges optimal for arena the same way double rallies are? What happened to meta schmeta? Who am I kidding? I'd do the same

1 minute ago, silveraura25 said:

So you decided to use feathers on her, knowing that you'll probably do the same again if you get +atk.

I didn’t use feathers on her. I used feathers on Gerome.

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

I didn’t use feathers on her. I used feathers on Gerome.

Oh, so you got her as a 5* pity breaker. Ouch. What were you trying to get?

1 minute ago, silveraura25 said:

Oh, so you got her as a 5* pity breaker. Ouch. What were you trying to get?

Yep, I got her at 4.75% on Brave Ike’s banner, whom I was trying to get to use up for my Seliph.

Just now, Vaximillian said:

Yep, I got her at 4.75% on Brave Ike’s banner, whom I was trying to get to use up for my Seliph.

Oooof. Wish you luck on your next summoning. Hope you get B!Ike on your free summon in the Fates banner.

4 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Oooof. Wish you luck on your next summoning. Hope you get B!Ike on your free summon in the Fates banner.

Assuming green stones decide to show up, heh.

6 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Screenshot_20180423-125617.png

Is this a good idea? No.
Is this a good build? No.
Is this hilarious? Hell yes.

@Rezzy

Cool, she just needs a refine, and she's good to go.

Random thought. 

I can't wait to make bird Emblem.

Fae, Micaiah, Kinshi Hinoka and one of the Henrys I guess (no bird sprite but there are ravens in his art. Oh I guess Raventome counts as well).

@Vaximillian @Rezzy I can somehow imagine Titania uses her hair as a whip against her enemies because of the size of her hair. Miust be really tough to fight with that hair without something to keep it in place.

I guess another Fates banner now means it may take a while before there's much of a chance of a beast banner, since most of the popular beasts are from Fates.

Although this is Fates we're talking about, so who knows. Could be that backing off from the 3DS games in seasonal banners means doing more New Heroes banners with them.

Here's my final piece on alts. I don't mind seasonals or legendary alts for the matter, it's solely the "new" alts that really tick me off.

Warning: wall of text

Spoiler

The permanent alts are the ones I find most offensive, due to several reasons. We already get alts on a regular basis even without these "new" characters. Seasonal banners are alts, Legendary heroes are probably alts from now on, and there's CYL, which is all alts as well. This leaves new hero banners as the only way for characters not in heroes yet to be introduced, but now even those are plagued with the obligatory alt, slowing down the rate of new units being brought into heroes.

And there's the fact that they don't even need to exist in the first place. Zelgius was literally BK whalebait edition, and I'm pretty sure outside of gameplay, no one would have actually wanted him. I'm not sure what the devs were smoking when they decided Eirika should be the one to wield Gleipnir, though at least like Hinoka, she's filling an unoccupied niche. And then there's Chrom, who already has a million alts, and there was no shortage of good sword cavs, so why did he take the spot on a long awaited Awakening banner when that game could introduce pretty much any new character and still bring in cash. Rein? Olwen? Laziest alts ever made, and being half of the very first Thracia banner instead of more varied representation is outright offensive. The entire rationale behind "new" units is complete bullshit and I hope the backlash makes IS seriously rethink their marketing strategy.

As a whole, I would hate it if my faves got undeserved alts. Making an exception because you like the character is simply being biased, and asking for more alts to complete a character emblem team is just ridiculously entitled behaviour.

I'd say Horse Chrom fills a pretty useful niche too, since there are no other mounted dragon-effective units out there. Sure, they could add a different horse unit with a generic Wyrmslayer+ or whatever but as it stands, he's unique in that regard.

(I don't know enough about the older games to name any other preferred weapons with dragon effectiveness, unless we retrofit someone like Eliwood with the effect)

2 hours ago, Othin said:

I guess another Fates banner now means it may take a while before there's much of a chance of a beast banner, since most of the popular beasts are from Fates.

Are they? I played all three versions of Fates and literally couldn't remember any of their names off the top of my head. Even typing this I can only remember Keaton, and I incorrectly applied it to the Kitsune guy. Boy do I not like implementation of the Kitsune in that game. "Here's a monster that has a mastery of magic and illusions" "Yeah that's a physical attacker. They'll move and behave like a wolf but with a goofy set of tails trailing behind" "Oh, and when they dodge an attack, they can disappear into a puff of leaves and reappear nearby" "Nah, let's have them dive away from the attack because we hate our animators."

I will say the four Fates beast units does fit neatly into a single banner, unlike the two Taguel. But since when has a new weapon or unit type been added to the game more than once at a time? Gotta keep the rare stuff rare so people are more desperate to drop orbs. My guess for first beast is going to be a legendary hero for sure, and that role screams a Laguz royal. Panne also feels likely from a normal banner. Spring Sharena won't shut up about there being Heroes that actually turn into bunnies.

10 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Are they? I played all three versions of Fates and literally couldn't remember any of their names off the top of my head. Even typing this I can only remember Keaton, and I incorrectly applied it to the Kitsune guy. Boy do I not like implementation of the Kitsune in that game. "Here's a monster that has a mastery of magic and illusions" "Yeah that's a physical attacker. They'll move and behave like a wolf but with a goofy set of tails trailing behind" "Oh, and when they dodge an attack, they can disappear into a puff of leaves and reappear nearby" "Nah, let's have them dive away from the attack because we hate our animators."

I will say the four Fates beast units does fit neatly into a single banner, unlike the two Taguel. But since when has a new weapon or unit type been added to the game more than once at a time? Gotta keep the rare stuff rare so people are more desperate to drop orbs. My guess for first beast is going to be a legendary hero for sure, and that role screams a Laguz royal. Panne also feels likely from a normal banner. Spring Sharena won't shut up about there being Heroes that actually turn into bunnies.

On CYL2, the beast units on the top 100 are:

• Selkie (21)
  • Keaton (34)
  • Panne (44)
  • Kaden (46)
  • Velouria (54)
  • FE9 Ranulf (69)
  • FE9 Lethe (86)
  • FE10 Ranulf (87)

So really heavily weighted towards Fates, especially at the top.

Of course, for current banners, CYL1 is probably still more relevant:

• Selkie (59)
  • Kaden (76)
  • Keaton (78)
  • Velouria (84)
  • Panne (94)

Which is pretty similar, just lower.

Heroes does tend to like introducing new unit types one at a time, but I could see them breaking from that with beast units because they'd be an entirely new weapon type, so introducing just one would make them unable to inherit other weapons until more were released. It could go either way, though.

Concerning the issue about alts, I don't have any problem with them, as long as they have a different type of weapon or movement as their original counterparts. I find it much more problematic that Vanguard Ike is an infantry swordie just like regular Ike than the examples of Eirika or Grima. 

I know I'm like Slowpoke since people gave their opinion a while ago, but I had things to do! (Always missing the salty moments :( xd ) 

3 hours ago, Korath88 said:

I'm not sure what the devs were smoking when they decided Eirika should be the one to wield Gleipnir, though at least like Hinoka, she's filling an unoccupied niche.

Huh, I didn't know being mediocre (original Leo) means that you don't even exist at all. That's good to know.

5 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Huh, I didn't know being mediocre (original Leo) means that you don't even exist at all. That's good to know.

Don't feel down. I'm sure he didn't mean to say Leo doesn't exist.

5 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Don't feel down. I'm sure he didn't mean to say Leo doesn't exist.

Yeah, I know that probably wasn't the intent. That damn Eirika alt is just a real sore point with me, that's all.

Just now, Tybrosion said:

Yeah, I know that probably wasn't the intent. That damn Eirika alt is just a real sore point with me, that's all.

Ignore her. If you pay any attention to her, it'll only cause you unnecessary discomfort

6 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Ignore her. If you pay any attention to her, it'll only cause you unnecessary discomfort

Oh, I do. Well, aside from whenever she stumbles across my path in-game in which case:

Spoiler

YQLjKox.png?1

Bless you, Micaiah is a statement that's pretty high up on the list of things I'd never thought I'd say.