Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

3 hours ago, Lewyn said:

I guess the whales love tons of alts, and they finance the game.  Nothing we can do but live with it I guess.  

The whales likely have no specific reaction to alts in particular as a demographic (any interest or disinterest is at an individual level, not as a whole demographic). They like shiny things with good performance and characters that they like. Making a shiny thing with good performance that is a popular enough character hits more birds with the same stone.

I don't think these recent banners have needed an alt character in them to sell, but the presence of alts is likely not hurting sales, and they were probably planned a long enough time out in advance.

3 hours ago, Korath88 said:

The shift to 3 unit banners was a bad decision itself but now out of those 3 units at most only 2 will be new now. If we hit a point where one new unit per banner becomes the norm I wouldn't even be surprised, just disappointed.

Three-unit banners are something that I particularly like. I'm in no hurry to have all of my favorites in the game, but having the higher pull rates from a less-diluted focus pool is something that my wallet massively appreciates.

I'm sure anyone else who plays by the numbers also appreciates it when a character they like is implemented with the nicer pull rate.

2 hours ago, Cute Chao said:

I won't regret the time, money and effort I have spent... but I'm also still going to be sad when I see so many unique characters passed over for alts, especially when that unique movement/type likely would have drawn whales anyway -.- 

Even the whales will eventually get disgruntled if every single one of the unique class combinations are characters they don't care the slightest about.

If the bow flier on the upcoming banner were Reina, I'd probably try pulling a few and drop the rest of my orbs on Kana. But it's Hinoka. And Hinoka gets a higher priority from me than Kana does (mostly because I think the Arceus dragon form looks silly).

For characters that won't help me get a higher rank in Arena Assault, characters that I like are more important than novel class combinations.

40 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

Right there, the bolded text.  You know who the star of this banner is?  Hinoka.  First archer flier.  Brand new C skill that helps all other fliers movement, and an absolutely insane weapon.  Drive atk 3, Spd+3 and armor effectiveness, 14might PRF?  I mean seriously!?  Probably will have an incredibly stat spread to top it off.

Firesweep Bow is better in terms of combat performance. Except for the fact that it kind of sucks against armors, but that's not really an issue if you can just keep whittling away without retaliation until you reach the edge of the map.

So they could have made this Reina, instead of screwing her over, and I'm sure whales would go crazy and drop thousands or whatever to get her.

I'm pretty sure the only guaranteed way to get a sure-fire whale bait is to either have a new skill that significantly moves the meta (such as Bold Fighter) or to have a unit that helps you get to the top ranking tier of Arena Assault (Zelgius, Hardin, and armor Grima).

Hinoka does neither and has more clout than Reina. If Reina were to be added, she'd more likely be a side dish and not the entree.

I mean if alts are dominating even banners of the most recent and popular games in the franchise then that is very disturbing, most of the characters likely will never be added. 

Anyone who had any expectation of "most of the characters" being added have mistaken expectations, usually due to not bothering to actually look at the numbers.

Assuming 4 new characters in every banner (including Tempest Trials and Grand Hero Battle rewards), no seasonal banners, and no repeat characters at all, you're looking at fewer than 100 new characters each year. It will take years to finish filling up the roster, and do you really think there would be enough players interested in pulling for Macellan or Boah if they appeared on a banner (without being coerced by the characters having monstrous stats or meta-defining skills)?

I have mentioned many times before: There is no feasible way using the current release schedule (even if you get rid of all seasonal banners and repeat characters) of implementing the entire cast of the series without at some point doing a massive batch of new releases at some point, something like a "Season 2" with 50+ new characters added all in one update. Anyone who thinks the addition of seasonals and alts is slowing the implementation of the entire cast is being deluded by their ideals or biases.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

7 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I'm sure anyone else who plays by the numbers also appreciates it when a character they like is implemented with the nicer pull rate.

Can confirm. And it's especially an incentive to go for a character right away because even if they appear on another banner in the near future, it could very well be a more diluted one.

1 hour ago, Lewyn said:

Right there, the bolded text.  You know who the star of this banner is?  Hinoka.  First archer flier.  Brand new C skill that helps all other fliers movement, and an absolutely insane weapon.  Drive atk 3, Spd+3 and armor effectiveness, 14might PRF?  I mean seriously!?  Probably will have an incredibly stat spread to top it off.  So they could have made this Reina, instead of screwing her over, and I'm sure whales would go crazy and drop thousands or whatever to get her.  Plus we actually get a new face in the game.  Also we have Kana to draw people, and Shigure anyways.  

Flier Guidance technically existed in the form of unique refined Hinoka's Spear which has a modified Guidance that affects infantry and fliers instead of infantry and armors. It was never a skill before then, but stuff like the Deflect skills and Urvan and Warp Powder (>= 80% HP threshold) and unique refined Fuijn Yumi (>= 50% HP threshold) happened where the weapon had the effect first before the skill was introduced.

Drive Atk 2 as a weapon passive is also found on unique refined Cymbeline and sort of Geirskogul which has Drive Spd 2 as well, but it only affects physical damage allies.

As for her stat spread, someone guessed that she might have 25 (if Atk/Spd Bond is active) to 31 base attack considering the unit she was shown attacking was a wyvern rider and they tend to have high defense as indicated by her doing 34x2 damage: https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/8e8hw8/i_was_super_hyped_for_our_first_bow_flier_until_i/. Keep in mind that's effective damage. Atk/Spd Bond was probably not active, but if it was, then she'd basically be a ranged, colorless Caeda in attack and with probably lower defenses, at least resistance, than her. If she had the same 37 speed, then Hinoka would have around 52 points for her defenses. Giving her the lowest defense possible at 13 would let her have 39 resistance, but she'd easily be one-shotted by physical units -- anyone with 50 total attack would be able to one-shot her. Anyway, 31 would be fairly average for an archer. If she had say, 35 speed, then she'd have around 48 points for her defenses. Something like 37/31/35/24/24 would make her a flying possessed Takumi.

Ideally, before rolling out Alts, we'd have more banners with 1 really popular unit and then 1-2 so-so units. Some judgement calls probably needed for a while (hell if I know what to do with most of FE1's cast) and then once you start getting into iffier popularity sure let's start bringing in alts to help bolster things.

I've been a little surprised they haven't split up the more popular characters into their own headlining banners, really. Like Michaiah's banner, she probably could have just lead it on her own while Sothe or Zelgius get their owns and in their place maybe get 2 of idk Dawn Brigade people. The first fates kids banner could have had either of Shiro or Siegbert lead their banner and then sneak in 1-2 of the less popular birthright/conquest kids. A Conquest banner with Siegbert, Soleil and Ignatius, for example. Ignatius was the least loved fates kid (& I think below Candace & Nichol?!) so he's going to need bolstering regardless. Then follow with a birthright banner later on.

The Kanas were never super popular, but I think Shigure could have carried it and saved the emergency Hinoka button when we run out of heavy hitters to carry the likes of Izana or Shura (i dont remember how they ranked, replace those 2 with whoever).  Or have Kana-F handle things if she was more popular, and throw Shigure into his own headliner later on. I haven't checked all the polls. Hopefully the gist gets across.

But maybe I'm too optimistic on # popular characters:sales ratio. I'm also someone who wants a "least popular" banner with Glade on the basis of I feel bad for them and it'd be funny.

Spoiler

Not much so far but Kaze has barb shuriken which is a killer dagger. Can be inherited, so RIP all those who sacrificed NY!Takumi for Mochi

This means that regular versions of weapons like giant spoon and lethal carrot will eventually be introduced. That's a nice precedent 

Edited by Korath88

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

@Korath88 Except that it's still on a limited character. It's Gerome and his fucking Poleaxe all over again.

We still don't know if Kaze will be limited, though it is likely. I still think he should have been on the banner though 

Look at all the galeforcing lol

Edited by Korath88

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

@Korath88 Except that it's still on a limited character. It's Gerome and his fucking Poleaxe all over again.

We still don't know if Kaze will be limited, though it is likely. I still think he should have been on the banner though 

11 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Nothing will save this game except an mass infusion of three-four-stars with common (or to be common) inheritable skills.
Otherwise, we’re getting this shit over and over again.

But hey, alts! Alts are cool, right?

Spoiler

Hinokas stats aren't as amazing as I thought they'd be

Shigure is really good

Female Kana is amazing. She's fast and has good mixed bulk. 

Male Kana looks to be a great free unit. Also, he has one more BST than the female one

Kaze has low attack, but is somewhat fast and has good res

Edited by silveraura25

Spoiler

You think Kaze is gonna try to become Kirans "retainer" as he did Corrin?

Cause this is looking like a Hoshidan-focused batch of units (Female Kana, the daughter of Male Corrin, is associated with Hoshido in Heirs of Fate), and being someones retainer saved his freakin life, even if he doesn't realize it when it is saved.

Nice Galeforce party going on!

26 minutes ago, Korath88 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Not much so far but Kaze has barb shuriken which is a killer dagger. Can be inherited, so RIP all those who sacrificed NY!Takumi for Mochi

This means that regular versions of weapons like giant spoon and lethal carrot will eventually be introduced. That's a nice precedent 

Ooh! That is pretty nice!

18 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

16 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

I think the developers will get around to introduce those Weapons into the summoning pool eventually, it just takes a while. Even if Kaze is limited, I do not think we should lose hope over it. Gronnwolf took like nine months to get added into the regular summoning pool, although as Keen Gronnwolf. Wo Dao did not get its lance and axe counterpart until a year later, although only the lance is in the regular pool.

5 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

But hey, alts! Alts are cool, right?

I am indifferent to them, but if it helps prevent Fire Emblem from sliding into oblivion like Advance Wars, I support Anna's decision to include them.

6 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Hinokas stats aren't as amazing as I thought they'd be

Literally Brave Lyn with some stats shifted here and there:

35 HP, 33 Atk, 35 Spd, 18 Def, 28 Res — Brave Lyn
37 HP, 32 Atk, 35 Spd, 17 Def, 29 Res — Kinshi Hinoka

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

Hide contents

Still somewhat low to take on armors, but I guess you can always buff her

Spoiler

Hinoka is just flying B!Lyn without Sacae's Blessing. Meaning that her best build will probably be the Firesweep+CA one which is plain evil, not that I have a Faye to build her like that so her default kit will stay. I'll certainly try to get her, although I was going to do it even if she was meh because her art rocks. 

Shigure has pretty nice stats but I don't know if 33/37 is enough to compete with Cordelia's 35/35. 

F!Kana looks kinda crappy to me. Yes, she's fast and bulky but she just seems like a better F!Corrin and she wasn't that good to begin with. Skip. 

M!Kana on the other hand looks like Y!Tiki but with an actual Spd stat. Fury/- Breath can make him a pretty good mixed tank but lack of merges hurts. I may fodder him off because his art is off-putting those yandere eyes scare me

Kaze is ok. He'll be a great mage killer thanks to his high Res and he won't be too shabby against melee units with Iceberg/Glacies procs, still nothing too crazy so I'll keep one copy and fodder the other to Sakunya because she's cuter.

Spoiler

The lack of Defenses is going to make it hard for Hinoka to take down DC Armours like the Black Knight/Zelgius/Hector unless you give her the good ol' Fury+Desperation combo or put her on Fire Sweep. I still want her though.

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

Hide contents

Well, fuck me! I wish I still had the dough to +10 new units on a whim.

Flying Reinhardt when?

1 minute ago, Alexmender said:
  Hide contents

Hinoka is just flying B!Lyn without Sacae's Blessing. Meaning that her best build will probably be the Firesweep+CA one which is plain evil, not that I have a Faye to build her like that so her default kit will stay. I'll certainly try to get her, although I was going to do it even if she was meh because her art rocks.

Feels kind of weird replying to a spoiler with a spoiler.

Spoiler

Firesweep Bow is definitely the best. I am not so sure about Cancel Affinity though as I have not seen a lot of Raven mages lately, at least not in the 716-728 range. I think Poison Strike-Poison Strike is better for points and it helps break Wary Fighter and Bowbreaker faster.