Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

1 minute ago, XRay said:

Is she the only one who got demoted?

What? Nanna is absurdly good! She does need premium skills though and a skill overhaul, but she is just as good as Elise in my opinion.

Yea. Sacred Stones all over again

Her A skill is good and you can run double def drive. Just give her a B skill

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

1 minute ago, silveraura25 said:

Her A skill is good and you can run double def drive. Just give her a B skill

Spd/Res is not terrible, but I prefer Atk/Spd for more oomph in her attacks.

19 minutes ago, XRay said:

What? Nanna is absurdly good! She does need premium skills though and a skill overhaul, but she is just as good as Elise in my opinion.

Does it really matter how good she is when she pity breaks you? Because that's what I thought of whenever people said "colorless hell"

31 minutes ago, XRay said:

Lmao nooooooooooooo. Nanna is honestly pretty meh. She hits like a wet noodle and brings very little to the table outside of her staff. I’m going to dread the thought of pulling her. The one silver lining is that she’s the first healer to carry two skills, which brings hope for future healers that they won’t be completely garbage for SI. 

4 minutes ago, SilvertheShadow said:

Lmao nooooooooooooo. Nanna is honestly pretty meh. She hits like a wet noodle and brings very little to the table outside of her staff. I’m going to dread the thought of pulling her. The one silver lining is that she’s the first healer to carry two skills, which brings hope for future healers that they won’t be completely garbage for SI. 

Two skills, but she doesn't come pre-equipped with an attacking staff. In fact, she comes pre-equipped with Restore+ and that's it, not even Imbue or Heavenly Light like other healers do.

Also she is a lot scarier on Horse Emblem, and while Elise is to, Elise now can't say she is the only great Horse Staff and has to compete with better availability.

Edited by Xenomata

She's a powercreeped Clarine, and I use Clarine a lot - indeed she's leading the race to be first to 5000HM. Would happily take a good Nanna. No Elise yet, and no good Priscilla either.

Ok now I can really post. First off I definitely like where the story is going and love how subtly they are pushing Veronica into the state of neutrality. What's going to happen now is that the Askr Trio+Fjorm is going to meet up with Xander and they are going to go to Muspell to save Veronica fight Surtur but they're going to drag it out for months and once Veronica has been saved they're going to drop CYL with the pullable redeemed Veronica. Calling it right now.

Now my 2 cents about the units, glad I can be spoiler free since the update dropped already.

Hinoka: Is ridiculous. At neutral she's hitting 37/40 offenses with ATK/SPD Bond and I pulled a +SPD/-HP one of all things. She's going to be a terror. An easy to kill terror, but a terror especially on flying teams. I'd just gotten F!Grima and got nice and comfy with her. Now she's in competition for the already non-existent colorless spot on my Flier Emblem team. Jeez.

Shigure: I'm impressed. They were going to have to really bring it in order to make Shigure worth pulling for even with that lance and they sure did. He's got an impeccable offensive spread with room to grow from natures and Wo Dao+ lance is definitely a long time coming. Darting Stance is weird though and I don't think it suits him. Nor do I think it's all that useful as an A skill given it's nature. Despite his stat spread and weapon, his skillset and unit type vs Kana's leads me to believe that he is the one who will demote. I've got plenty of blue fliers already but if he drops I'd love to see who I can give that lance to.

F!Kana: Not all that interested. Her spread is decent but ultimately meh and her kit does nothing for me. I see what they were trying to do with the Water Breath + Fierce Stance combo but as a dragon she wants DC in order to shine so she's dropping her A skill or she has to run Lightning Breath. Comparing her to Fae she's got more SPD so she's more capable of running an offensive build but I'm hard pressed to say I'd run her over the latter. Ultimately a pass. Despite her mediocrity considering the previously released green dragons, I'd say she's a safe *5 because Fierce Stance is a far superior A skill to Darting Stance and there's no way Goad Dragons of all things is about to enter the *4 pool. Let alone the least saturated color. Just about everyone will have a F!Kana by the summer time.

M!:Kana: They really dropped the ball on the english voice here. His JP voice is 100% solid but he sounds like a little girl in english. That's a detracting factor, I mean I really hate that. still! I'm 100% on board replacing Nowi with him as my primary green dragon as I'm still more interested in him than F!Corrin. Sadly the day will come where merges will be a factor for dragons and when that time comes I'll be forced to return to Nowi. Still, for now I can enjoy him. Still him having Brazen DEF/RES is conflicting. Not a skill I expected us to get for free and I'm sure there are a ton of units who could use it. Looking forward to his GHB despite the downsides (his voice... that terrible, terrible voice.)

Kaze: He's 100% solid. I really don't think people understand how good he really is. He's got one point less SPD than Felicia but he's got far more ATK and higher RES. Sadly I'm lamenting the fact that he's probably just a TT reward which means we'll only get 2 of him. That really sucks because he's got ATK Smoke 3 which has to go to Matthew which means I'm not going to be able to give anyone that Slaying Dagger+. Oh well. It's another good colorless unit and I don't have any mage tank daggers so that's a niche filled.

None of these units are as gamebreaking as Rein from the last banner. Everything is pretty tame here actually, barring Hinoka who will be really irritating on flying teams but that's about it. I hope everyone gets what they want. There's not a single banner I'm compelled to spend on at this point. Patiently waiting to see what Golden Week entails. Doubt there'll be any special banners but we'll see.

Oooh... Nanna gets Drive DEF 2 at 4 stars!!

Also...Bwahahahahahaha.....I haven't decided what blessing to give him yet...and I may actually end up switching over my summoner support. He won't be worth as much as Merric in the Arena, but it'd be fun to take him for a swing once he's complete.

Spoiler

rg6RJhm.png?1

Kaze does seem to have TT unit skills. And it's good to see that conventional enough seasonal weapons can get regular counterparts.

The story developments are neat. I doubt we're quite as close to the end as they think, especially since Surtr seems to be planning a countermeasure. Mind, his countermeasure seems to depend on killing Veronica, which is extremely unlikely to happen. Maybe she'll escape and Laevatein will take her place?

@Zeo Will you ever give your +Spd Hinoka a Firesweep Bow? Congrats on that nature by the way, sounds like the best one!

16 minutes ago, Zeo said:

M!:Kana: They really dropped the ball on the english voice here. His JP voice is 100% solid but he sounds like a little girl in english. That's a detracting factor, I mean I really hate that. still! I'm 100% on board replacing Nowi with him as my primary green dragon as I'm still more interested in him than F!Corrin. Sadly the day will come where merges will be a factor for dragons and when that time comes I'll be forced to return to Nowi. Still, for now I can enjoy him. Still him having Brazen DEF/RES is conflicting. Not a skill I expected us to get for free and I'm sure there are a ton of units who could use it. Looking forward to his GHB despite the downsides (his voice... that terrible, terrible voice.)

Blue dragon but yeah. He has some nice rare skills at least.

VA is okay, I prefer Japanese but at least his English one isn't as squeaky as the one in Fates (especially during "This ENDS now" quote. I hated that). Much prefer this than squeaky voices.

Speaking of, Hinoka's English VA improved but I still prefer her Japanese one. Also as much as I love Hinoka...I don't really like the colours in her Kinshi Knight art. it's too cool/dark for me.

Interestingly, I think she has the same artist as Fanlivia and F!Grima. All colourless, huh.

6 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

VA is okay, I prefer Japanese but at least his English one isn't as squeaky as the one in Fates (especially during "This ENDS now" quote. I hated that). Much prefer this than squeaky voices.

Interestingly, I think she has the same artist as Fanlivia and F!Grima. All colourless, huh.

I loved Fates boy Kana’s voice crack in that line so much. He is a kid trying to act grown-up, after all, and seeing (hearing) it leaking through is absolutely adorable.

Micaiah, too, who is blue. You can see how all four make the exact same face in their damaged art.

Edited by Vaximillian

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

Micaiah, too, who is blue. You can see how all four make the exact same face in their damaged art.

Ah, I never pulled her so I didn't realise.

I'd love to get her. She, Henry and Kinoka can be bird friends! Maybe chicken dragon can join in, too.

Yeah the squeak makes sense but I'm a bit sensitive to sounds so not really my cup of tea personally. On the other hand, there's also male VAs who try and do kid voices but sound too 'teenager-y' as well which also breaks my suspension of disbelief.

Then again maybe I'm used to Japanese female VAs voicing boys so I'm not too bothered my male Kana's voice. He is a kid after all and their pitch can still be high.

35 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

@Zeo Will you ever give your +Spd Hinoka a Firesweep Bow? Congrats on that nature by the way, sounds like the best one!

I don't know. Hinoka having armor effectiveness is really enticing, though maybe useless since one counter hit will likely spell game over for her. We'll see. Rebecca is eyeing that Firesweep Bow+ and there's a higher ceiling on her cause merges but she could get Reinfleche so I'm mostly sitting on my Faye for now. And yeah I think +SPD/-HP is actually her best nature, pretty crazy.

36 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Blue dragon but yeah. He has some nice rare skills at least.

That's what happens when you make posts at 5 in the morning. My bad.

36 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Speaking of, Hinoka's English VA improved but I still prefer her Japanese one. Also as much as I love Hinoka...I don't really like the colours in her Kinshi Knight art. it's too cool/dark for me.

Kid Gohan set the standard for me. Back watching DBZ as a kid Gohan, despite being voiced by a woman had the most awesome, 100% male sounding voice. To the point that I started paying attention to other child males in fiction and noticing how most of them sounded like little girls. Especially Tails who originally sounded like a little boy but got a VA replacement and then sounded like a girl from then forward (and still does). As someone who didn't look or sound like a girl as a kid, it irritates me because I was so pretty (for lack of a better word) that 90% of the people that came across me thought I was a girl weather or not I opened my mouth.

M!Kana 100% will replace Nowi, but his voice irritates me and at the end of the day when I want a merged blue dragon it'll be between Nowi and F!Corrin, and Nowi is the superior dragon sadly. Also, KN!Hinoka's art is weird for me, on one hand It's cool, suits her and I like the colors. On the other hand it seems too busy, like her sprite. And something about the face and head seems... wrong somehow. On the other hand F!Grima's art is amazing and probably one of if not my favorite art in the entire game. For an evil dragon, she's majestic.

There's only one banner in the datamine and that was the Fates banner. Golden Week celebration might get a surprise banner after legendary hero one, but I doubt it since we have the roadmap to prove there's no banner written as "hero fest". Legendary banner might be what they're going for as "hero fest" though there are other banners in the timeframe of the Golden Week celebration as well: "Countering weapon skill" and "New hero summoning event"

Edited by silveraura25

10 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

*Snip*

Yes, that's fair enough. I possibly fall into the fallacy that if I like Fire Emblem because of the amount of choice and variety of characters, the majority will think like that, even though I know that I'm usually in the minority opinion (not that FEH isn't also providing a variety of characters, even with its current alt trend). It is interesting to see from the pov of someone who does spend a lot of money in the game.

As for all characters getting in... Yes, I always figured characters like Dolph and Macellan contained no draw for people, but I guess I always held the secret hope that middling characters would still get in and ones like those could be added in a season 2.0. I think that's my frustration against alts, is that it has pretty much hammered in that that likely isn't happening.

I would still like a break from alts in the common pool, but oh well. I guess we'll see what the future holds for this game :)

1 hour ago, Zeo said:

M!Kana 100% will replace Nowi, but his voice irritates me and at the end of the day when I want a merged blue dragon it'll be between Nowi and F!Corrin, and Nowi is the superior dragon sadly. Also, KN!Hinoka's art is weird for me, on one hand It's cool, suits her and I like the colors. On the other hand it seems too busy, like her sprite. And something about the face and head seems... wrong somehow. On the other hand F!Grima's art is amazing and probably one of if not my favorite art in the entire game. For an evil dragon, she's majestic.

For a colourless dragon her art is very colourful haha

I like Fanlivia's art the most. That design is just A+, I love everything about her.

Also Kinshi Knights are pretty overdesigned as a class anyway, so that's pretty normal. Maybe it's the hair, the angle is a bit weird like in her attacking art. 

@Jingle Jangle

I called Askr and Embla being dragons long ago, guess it counts? Why can’t Múspell be

both a dragon and a boss?

I’m calling Surtr sacrificing Laevatein instead of Veronica whom Bruno and Xander will rescue, and Múspell either resurrecting or something, or possessing Surtr completely.

6 hours ago, Glennstavos said:

Does it really matter how good she is when she pity breaks you? Because that's what I thought of whenever people said "colorless hell"

If that is the case, then red is even worse. The red 5* pool is still the most bloated.

6 hours ago, SilvertheShadow said:

Every healer hits like a wet noodle without Wrathful Staff.

Candlelight/Gravity/Pain [Dazzling/Wrathful]
Atk/Spd 2
Wrathful Staff/Dazzling Staff
Hone Cavalry/Savage Blow
Attack +3/Speed +3/Savage Blow

The above skill set is on the same level as Firesweep archers. If you have used Firesweep archers before, you know how broken they can be. Healers have a little less power in return for targeting most unit's weaker Res and getting some insane debuff effects. Candlelight basically gives your allies a Firesweep buff. Gravity shuts down the AI's rushing tactic. Pain can quickly whittle away a group of enemies.

40 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Reveal hidden contents

I called Askr and Embla being dragons long ago, guess it counts? Why can’t Múspell be

both a dragon and a boss?

I’m calling Surtr sacrificing Laevatein instead of Veronica whom Bruno and Xander will rescue, and Múspell either resurrecting or something, or possessing Surtr completely.

He better not touch any of my waifus! I am not going to let another Gunnthrá die on my watch!

27 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

I'm guessing Surtr will go through something like Validar did after being defeated.

Since he does not seem to be the type to feel despair when another man claims his daughters as waifus, I think I will turn him into a waifu for Reinhardt instead so he can taste the true meaning of ruin with the Thunder's Fistings.

5 minutes ago, XRay said:

He better not touch any of my waifus! I am not going to let another Gunnthrá die on my watch!

She will die one way or another, and if not she, then her sister. IS isn’t known for subtlety.

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

She will die one way or another, and if not she, then her sister. IS isn’t known for subtlety.

I am going to send death threats a complaint via the feedback button. I want them to revive Gunnthrá too and make sure no one else has to experience the pain of losing their waifus.

I wonder if Intelligent Systems actually got any death threats when they killed Gunnthrá.

7 hours ago, Glennstavos said:

My understanding is that "colorless hell" is about what happens when you don't get a 5*, not when you do.

Colorless has a lot of lower-rarity units who aren't very useful for inheritance, meaning low odds of getting both focus and non-focus 5*s and meaning non-5*s can be especially disappointing. To my understanding, the rarity change slightly improved the focus 5* rates but further decreased the non-focus 5* rates.

At present, for a fully balanced banner (4 units, 1 of each color), the odds by color should be:

• Red: 2.51% focus 5*, 4.20% non-focus 5* (total 6.71%)
  • Blue: 2.85% focus 5*, 2.87% non-focus 5* (total 5.70%)
  • Green: 4.07% focus 5*, 2.91% non-focus 5* (total 6.98%)
  • Colorless: 2.97% focus 5*, 1.78% non-focus 5* (total 4.75%)