Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

Speaking of Hell-badours, you think we'll be getting Dazzling Staff put in the summoning pool anytime soon? I mean, sure we've had a grand total of... one new Staff units since the initial Bridal Blessings banner, not counting Loki in all her unobtainable-ness, but we're in an age now of old skills once kinda hard to get now being a lot easier to get.

There really isn't a difference between having Wrathful over Dazzling in the B slot, but that'd be two pity breaking colorless units with the same good skill rather than just the one.

Edited by Xenomata

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

2 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Speaking of Hell-badours, you think we'll be getting Dazzling Staff put in the summoning pool anytime soon? I mean, sure we've had a grand total of... one new Staff units since the initial Bridal Blessings banner, not counting Loki in all her unobtainable-ness, but we're in an age now of old skills once kinda hard to get now being a lot easier to get.

There really isn't a difference between having Wrathful over Dazzling in the B slot, but that'd be two pity breaking colorless units with the same good skill rather than just the one.

Where's the new Sakura/Elise alt when you need her? An alt that everyone will love for fodder

1 minute ago, silveraura25 said:

Where's the new Sakura/Elise alt when you need her? An alt that everyone will love for fodder

Now that's not very nice, everyone will love to see the alts for everyones favorite little sisters that you can marry for far more than just fodder!

4 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Now that's not very nice, everyone will love to see the alts for everyones favorite little sisters that you can marry for far more than just fodder!

Take notes, Mist! Just make up a letter from your mother about not being blood-related to Ike when you're about to S-support him

3 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Dazzling staff could have come on L'Arachel if she were the correct class.

I'm actually glad she's a mage. I lack mounted blue mages. I already have a spare Blarserpent ready for her for a mixed phase build I'm planning on making

Edited by silveraura25

8 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

I'm actually glad she's a mage. I lack mounted blue mages. 

She wrecks stuff in the tempest for me with just a Hone Cav support:
Screenshot_20180425-025808.jpg

Atk/HP, too. Darting is there as a budget stepping stone towards Swift Sparrow.

18 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

CYL Celica might get a staff because my dreams of Beloved Zofia have been mercilessly ruined by someone who isn’t even a character.

…Better staff than a dagger.

Edited by Vaximillian

6 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

She will die one way or another, and if not she, then her sister. IS isn’t known for subtlety.

Hmm. Thinking about it, the late May legendary hero will probably be red, and could very well be Fire-element. If they're about to kill off one of the fire sisters right before that, it could be the perfect timing, to make the dead one be summonable.

Speaking of later legendary heroes, if we get the same amount of information as usual, we should be able to learn the next two colors rather than just the next one. The late June one will be the eighth legendary hero: if they're in a color that already has two, we'll know because we'd normally get an announcement for a hero of that color appearing on the June banner, but they'll be pushed back to the July one. And if they're in the only color that won't have two legendary heroes in the first seven, that'll only leave one possible color.

Edited by Othin

1 hour ago, Xenomata said:

I am not sure about soon, but I do hope so. It will make our lives a lot easier.

1 hour ago, silveraura25 said:

I want ninja Elise! She looks so cute in her Cipher ninja art.

7 minutes ago, Othin said:

If they're about to kill off one of the fire sisters right before that

They have already taken away Gunnthrá from me! Why must they take another innocent waifu away? Take Alfonse instead.

1 hour ago, silverserpent said:

With 2 spare Kana, I'm debating on who to give Goad Dragons to.  Nowi's a contender, as is Y! And A!Tiki. 

Big Tiki has better merge potential if that matters to you, otherwise Baby Tiki is nice.

Sheesh.. just realized the influx of *5's I've gotten after the dry spell I had before.

Between Sonya, KN!Hinoka, Finn, my new B!Ike (who isn't -ATK) and my unfinished B!Alfonse, friday is going to be busy. At least I've got Lance and Bow Valor to make this easier. Really need to stop forgetting that a Tempest exists and train up Finn while it's easy to build him.

7 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Would Nowi be a good candidate for Fierce Stance? As far as I can tell, she's the only one I have that seems like she'd use it well. I gave her Vantage, so it would synergize with that at least. But could there be someone better for it?

I want to get rid of this stupid Kana I pulled, and my dragon team already has dragon buffs. I don't need her since I have Myrrh and I don't like her anyway. She was my free pull because I had no colorless. >_>

I say give it to an enemy phase unit that either has DC or DC built into their weapon. For Dragons, the most popular builds involve using Steady/Warding Breath + Aether + QR. It's very expensive, but it's effective because dragons are usually tanky in both DEF/RES, they attack the lower of your unit's defensive stats, and they proc Aether quickly. But I think running Fierce Stance on them is fine. It's not as effective, but it's still a nice enemy phase skill. Personally, on most dragons, I'd prefer Fury or Triangle Adept over Fierce Stance. Ryoma's probably an okay choice, but I feel like he'd probably like other skills better since he's not really the tankiest units, especially if he's -SPD.

This isn't my recommendation to you; it's just an example of what I did with Fierce Stance/what I'm planning to do to give you an idea of how I think it's effective since IDK what units you actually like to use/want to build other than the handful I know you like. lol I recently refined my Leo's weapon (he's +DEF -RES). He's got awful ATK, so Fierce Stance makes up for that. Distant DEF is probably the better A option, but with it in his S slot + horse buffs, his weapon's effect usually activates. Fury's okay, but the SPD is wasted on him, and the damage hurts QR. He's an enemy phase unit, so Death Blow is wasted. Fierce Stance is the best option. I'm probably going to give Fierce Stance to my M. Grima as well for similar reasons. 

So I guess the tl;dr is that Fierce Stance is kind of strange. It's a good skill, but a lot of units probably want other skills to boost more than one stat. I say hold onto the fodder for now. Maybe CYL Ephraim will want it. 

11 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

I say give it to an enemy phase unit that either has DC or DC built into their weapon. For Dragons, the most popular builds involve using Steady/Warding Breath + Aether + QR. It's very expensive, but it's effective because dragons are usually tanky in both DEF/RES, they attack the lower of your unit's defensive stats, and they proc Aether quickly. But I think running Fierce Stance on them is fine. It's not as effective, but it's still a nice enemy phase skill. Personally, on most dragons, I'd prefer Fury or Triangle Adept over Fierce Stance. Ryoma's probably an okay choice, but I feel like he'd probably like other skills better since he's not really the tankiest units, especially if he's -SPD.

This isn't my recommendation to you; it's just an example of what I did with Fierce Stance/what I'm planning to do to give you an idea of how I think it's effective since IDK what units you actually like to use/want to build other than the handful I know you like. lol I recently refined my Leo's weapon (he's +DEF -RES). He's got awful ATK, so Fierce Stance makes up for that. Distant DEF is probably the better A option, but with it in his S slot + horse buffs, his weapon's effect usually activates. Fury's okay, but the SPD is wasted on him, and the damage hurts QR. He's an enemy phase unit, so Death Blow is wasted. Fierce Stance is the best option. I'm probably going to give Fierce Stance to my M. Grima as well for similar reasons. 

So I guess the tl;dr is that Fierce Stance is kind of strange. It's a good skill, but a lot of units probably want other skills to boost more than one stat. I say hold onto the fodder for now. Maybe CYL Ephraim will want it. 

I guess I have to hold onto it then. Still not sure. I don't want to use this Kana. I don't like her and she's useless trash anyway because her IVs are bad.

11 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

I guess I have to hold onto it then. Still not sure. I don't want to use this Kana. I don't like her and she's useless trash anyway because her IVs are bad.

Just now, Anacybele said:

Your choice. It's never a bad idea to hold onto fodder because you never know who might come along. 

Don't let this come off as scolding, but I'm 90% sure that people have gotten onto you about calling characters trash. Getting pitybroken by a character you don't like is upsetting. But calling them trash is a good way to start drama. So don't do it if you don't want drama.

2 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Your choice. It's never a bad idea to hold onto fodder because you never know who might come along. 

Don't let this come off as scolding, but I'm 90% sure that people have gotten onto you about calling characters trash. Getting pitybroken by a character you don't like is upsetting. But calling them trash is a good way to start drama. So don't do it if you don't want drama.

Right.

Nobody's seemed to have an issue with it so far. Also, I've seen other people call units trash and not get called out. Also, just to point out, Kana was my free pull, not a pitybreak. I wanted colorless, but didn't get any in that session...

Edited by Anacybele

In addition to Dazzling Staff in the regular summoning pool, some other healer characteristics that seem likely to show up at some point, now that we're finally getting new healers again:

• Armored healer
  • Flying healer
  • Healer with a personal weapon
  • Healer with a personal assist
  • Healer with some sort of new special

I guess the odds of a new inheritable healer special may be low, though. All inheritable specials so far were in the game at launch, even if only in the hands of enemies in some cases. The only truly new specials of any kind added since launch have been personal. But I do think that'll probably change eventually, especially for healers since their options are so narrow and they've been revised a lot.

4 minutes ago, Othin said:

In addition to Dazzling Staff in the regular summoning pool, some other healer characteristics that seem likely to show up at some point, now that we're finally getting new healers again:

• Armored healer
  • Flying healer

I guess the odds of a new inheritable healer special may be low, though. All inheritable specials so far were in the game at launch, even if only in the hands of enemies in some cases. The only truly new specials of any kind added since launch have been personal. But I do think that'll probably change eventually, especially for healers since their options are so narrow and they've been revised a lot.

I'd be nice to see all of this.... Personally, it'd be great to see a healer special that that did something other than heal addtional health. Staff skills are so good now, that Imbue isn't always necessary, and the buff skills are kind of difficult to time properly. I know the the primary purpose of a healer is to heal duh, but it'd be cool to have something that at least activated during combat. But any variety is good variety in my opinion. 

40 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

she's useless trash anyway because her IVs are bad.

And this is still one of the dumbest things I hear people say. None of the recent characters have stats that make a particular nature unusable. Hell, I'll even go as far to say that -Atk Odin and -Atk Henry aren't unusable because Triangle Adept allows any non-colorless unit to be passably usable.

Not as easy to use out of the box? Sure. Trash? Not by a mile.

17 minutes ago, Othin said:

• Armored healer
  • Flying healer

Armored healers would basically break the game. Imagine an Azama with actual attack backing up Pain+ and Savage Blow, Wary Fighter and armor buffs. That would make beating Arena defense very difficult. Mounted healers can cause enough consternation as it is. 

7 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

And this is still one of the dumbest things I hear people say. None of the recent characters have stats that make a particular nature unusable. Hell, I'll even go as far to say that -Atk Odin and -Atk Henry aren't unusable because Triangle Adept allows any non-colorless unit to be passably usable.

Not as easy to use out of the box? Sure. Trash? Not by a mile.

And the bold is the main problem here. I don't have a lot of skill in this game like some players do. I need good IV/easy to use characters to make up for that. Also, I prefer to use characters I like/don't dislike or ones I could find a use for. Kana is not one of those. I don't like her and I already have a good/decent IV green dragon (Myrrh).

27 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

I'd be nice to see all of this.... Personally, it'd be great to see a healer special that that did something other than heal addtional health. Staff skills are so good now, that Imbue isn't always necessary, and the buff skills are kind of difficult to time properly. I know the the primary purpose of a healer is to heal duh, but it'd be cool to have something that at least activated during combat. But any variety is good variety in my opinion. 

Maybe we could get a "Pulse Balm" or something that lowered everyone's Special down a tick with activation.

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

Maybe we could get a "Pulse Balm" or something that lowered everyone's Special down a tick with activation.

Omg. Now that I could get behind. I feel like that could end up being OP unless it had a pretty high cooldown. But I'd sign up or that in a heartbeat. 

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

I need good IV/easy to use characters to make up for that.

"Not as easy to use" and "not easy to use" are not the same thing. I am looking at Kana's possible stat combinations and fail to see one that is at all difficult to use. You can literally just stick Triangle Adept on her and call it a day regardless of her nature.

And Roy is a 3-star pull now.

Honestly, this applies to literally everyone who says a specific unit in their box is "trash" because they have a sub-optimal nature. It's hypocritical to have zero problem building and using sub-optimal characters, but to have a huge aversion to using characters with sub-optimal natures.

4 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

"Not as easy to use" and "not easy to use" are not the same thing. I am looking at Kana's possible stat combinations and fail to see one that is at all difficult to use. You can literally just stick Triangle Adept on her and call it a day regardless of her nature.

And Roy is a 3-star pull now.

Honestly, this applies to literally everyone who says a specific unit in their box is "trash" because they have a sub-optimal nature. It's hypocritical to have zero problem building and using sub-optimal characters, but to have a huge aversion to using characters with sub-optimal natures.

Except I still would just use Myrrh over her because better IVs. And I like Myrrh more. Also, -Atk Kana is probably the worst and difficult to use, since it leaves her Atk at a very low 41 with her weapon. And this one is -Atk. Myrrh, on the other hand, has 54 Atk and generally good defenses.

When did I say I had no problem building and using sub-optimal characters but an aversion to using characters with sub-optimal natures? I (generally) wouldn't use either.

Edited by Anacybele