• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Summer Frederick.

What does he have to do with anything? He's one of the better dagger wielders.

Also, did you forget that he's one of my two favorite characters in the series? That kind of makes him an exception regardless.

Edited by Anacybele

Just now, Anacybele said:

He's in the bottom half of the dagger users in the game, and daggers are currently the worst weapon type in the game.

Whether or not you want to think so doesn't change how things are. The rain will be there whether or not I think or want it to be.

You have no problem using sub-optimal characters.

20 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Also, did you forget that he's one of my two favorite characters in the series? That kind of makes him an exception regardless.

When he was new, he was perfectly decent (I mean, his only real competition was Kagero and Gaius)... but then more actually good Dagger Users appeared, and now Jaffar has actually a niche to play around... and all of them became better that Summer Frederick.

Edit: Felicia also got a niche to play around, and in fact, it's technically stronger than Jaffar's.

Edited by Troykv

9 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

He's in the bottom half of the dagger users in the game, and daggers are currently the worst weapon type in the game.

Whether or not you want to think so doesn't change how things are. The rain will be there whether or not I think or want it to be.

You have no problem using sub-optimal characters.

I would disagree with that, he's NOT that bad at all. Compared to other daggers, at least. I know he's not the best. But I wouldn't consider him sub-optimal.

And even if I did, that doesn't mean I'm automatically okay with using any sub-optimal character. Like I said, he's an exception and probably the only one.

3 minutes ago, Troykv said:

When he was new, he was perfectly decent (I mean, his only real competition was Kagero and Gaius)... but then more actually good Dagger Users appeared, and now Jaffar has actually a niche to play around... and all of them became better that Summer Frederick.

See above.

4 minutes ago, Troykv said:

When he was new, daggers were tiered "Kagero" and "not Kagero", and even Kagero wasn't particularly good because infantry were dying out to the stampede of cavalry and every dagger not named "Poison Dagger+" hit like mac and cheese.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

I would disagree with that, he's NOT that bad at all. Compared to other daggers, at least. I know he's not the best. But I wouldn't consider him sub-optimal.

And even if I did, that doesn't mean I'm automatically okay with using any sub-optimal character. Like I said, he's an exception and probably the only one.

Again, "sub-optimal" and "bad" are not the same thing and that is entirely the point I'm making.

@Zeo goes around demolishing some of the hardest content in the game with Matthew, who is literally at the very bottom of the dagger barrel. Other units could have done the same thing Matthew did, but better, but that doesn't matter because Matthew got the job done.

I'm not saying you're okay using any sub-optimal character. However, you have shown that you have no problem using sub-optimal characters if you like them enough, which is what probably everyone playing this game does. The part that is hypocritical is the fact that many people will call a unit with a sub-optimal nature trash while not calling sub-optimal characters trash.

The worst possible Kana is pretty much an okay Corrin, but green. And an okay Corrin is good in relation to the rest of the game.

Also, I'm not trying to stop you from foddering off Kana. Fierce Breath is a good skill. I just think people are being irrational when throwing the word "trash" around.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

@Zeo goes around demolishing some of the hardest content in the game with Matthew, who is literally at the very bottom of the dagger barrel. Other units could have done the same thing Matthew did, but better, but that doesn't matter because Matthew got the job done.

I'm not saying you're okay using any sub-optimal character. However, you have shown that you have no problem using sub-optimal characters if you like them enough, which is what probably everyone playing this game does. The part that is hypocritical is the fact that many people will call a unit with a sub-optimal nature trash while not calling sub-optimal characters trash.

The worst possible Kana is pretty much an okay Corrin, but green. And an okay Corrin is good in relation to the rest of the game.

Also, I'm not trying to stop you from foddering off Kana. Fierce Breath is a good skill. I just think people are being irrational when throwing the word "trash" around.

If I like them enough. Exactly. Keyword right there. And the difference here is that a character with a sub-optimal nature can potentially be better with a better nature. A sub-optimal character can't. They'll always be sub-optimal.

You mean Fierce Stance. But fine then, that's fair enough.

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

When he was new, daggers were tiered "Kagero" and "not Kagero", and even Kagero wasn't particularly good because infantry were dying out to the stampede of cavalry and every dagger not named "Poison Dagger+" hit like mac and cheese.

Of course; Gaius was mostly the second option that people ocasionally looked at... but outside of that yeah; Kagero was pretty much the only Dagger Unit that people cared about (and as you said was only strong during the Sword Lord + Takumi Meta).

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

A bitter fact, but a true one. Still Matt is a rather potent tank and great user of Close Counter even without merges and SS. I really think he deserves a higher spot in the hierarchy. Even if it's only a tier or two. The fact that he's still paired together with the likes of Odin is pure nonsense.

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

This made me laugh IRL. It was a really sad time for daggers.

Edited by Zeo

Just now, Ice Dragon said:

@Korath88 That post made me realize there was an option to turn off the difficulty suggestion in Tempest Trials. Hallelujah.

It was actually pointed out somewhere here before

1 minute ago, silveraura25 said:

It was actually pointed out somewhere here before

There are always too many pages to read through, so I generally only read the last page or two when that happens.

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

There are always too many pages to read through, so I generally only read the last page or two when that happens.

It was even pointed out on the bulletin board, if I’m not mistaken.

I'm not used to get doubled at 50 SPD: 

pCDOElQ.jpg

The wonder of Darting Stance I guess ... and Hone Fliers ... and lunatic Chain Challenge/10 boosted stats. 

V5C0Ar5.jpg

BxBO5U8.jpg

Edited by mampfoid

44 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

Well, apparently the dataminers have confirmed that

Reveal hidden contents

The next version update will let us disable enemy phase music. Fucking finally

source: https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/8er6nv/feh_datamine_confirmations/

Have the dataminers discovered how kaze will be distributed? Are we looking at back to back TTs.

3 hours ago, Korath88 said:

Well, apparently the dataminers have confirmed that

Hide contents

The next version update will let us disable enemy phase music. Fucking finally

source: https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/8er6nv/feh_datamine_confirmations/

Great, that music is rather boring, specially since it interrupts many FE masterpieces.

Looks like Veronica will be a damsel in distress. I wonder if IS wants to distribute a free Veronica for later? Would make sense, considering we are getting the chance to get a, likely, far superior brave version of her

@mampfoid Funny, my Hero team fell apart on that particular stage when Matthew bit off more than he could chew. The last flyer did 4 damage when he had 2 HP. It was my own fault though. If Inigo had been in range he would have had 4-5 more DEF and been able to tank everything. CC was fun though. My team is perfect for endurance modes like those.

53 minutes ago, Zeo said:

@mampfoid Funny, my Hero team fell apart on that particular stage when Matthew bit off more than he could chew. The last flyer did 4 damage when he had 2 HP. It was my own fault though. If Inigo had been in range he would have had 4-5 more DEF and been able to tank everything. CC was fun though. My team is perfect for endurance modes like those.

I failed early on my first try, because I forgot Cordelia had WoM instead of Depseration equipped. Then I failed on my second try, because Airzura had Spur ATK instead of Hone Fliers equiped (I need Spur ATK for my Zephiel One Turn Clear). 60 stamina wasted ... 

IS could make some QoL Improvement and offer a comfortable way to calculate EP damage. 

6 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

IS could make some QoL Improvement and offer a comfortable way to calculate EP damage. 

I don't find it that hard to be honest. It's as simple as "look at enemy Atk, check for Hones/Fortifies next to enemy, check for Spurs/Drives/Goads/Wards near enemies attack space, check own units defense/resistance, etc etc etc", and I don't usually fail.

Now I've been playing Fates lately... that is uncomfortable. Even when I think I'm going to take low damage, it turns out that I'm taking a lot more for one reason or another, perhaps because I failed to put Sakura within the right amount of spaces, or I forgot I'm using Felicia, or the enemy changed weapons when I wasn't looking, or it turns out the enemy did lower damage because of Voice of Peace, and DAMNIT I have to tone down the number of games that require my knowledge brain...

My biggest problem was calculating Hinoka's range with the move next to fliers skill she had. That was irritating. I kept thinking I had it sussed and then dying. I eventually did it, but I was getting bored and close to using a Light Blessing.

2 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

I don't find it that hard to be honest. It's as simple as "look at enemy Atk, check for Hones/Fortifies next to enemy, check for Spurs/Drives/Goads/Wards near enemies attack space, check own units defense/resistance, etc etc etc", and I don't usually fail.

It's not hard, but it's easy to miss the crucial factor. Guard, Breaths and other special related skills for example. 

The EP calculation could be something simple:

• Switch on EP calculation (like danger area switch)
  • Drag your unit to an enemy and from there to a tile where your unit will be attacked

You still would have to calculate many things on your own,  i.e. two attacks in a row or when other units move first (and change the buff/debuff/ploy situation). 

4 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Now I've been playing Fates lately... that is uncomfortable.

Never played that, I can only compare to Awakening. 

5 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

My biggest problem was calculating Hinoka's range with the move next to fliers skill she had. That was irritating. I kept thinking I had it sussed and then dying. I eventually did it, but I was getting bored and close to using a Light Blessing.

That map with her and all those fliers was something new, yeah. I tried to lure a part of that group to the left, while my WoM beacons went right.