Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

@Kaden

I really do feel you. I spent the same amount last time trying to get him and even though my actual 5* pull ratio was better than it was this time, I was left feeling annoyed since he was the one I wanted. If you do want to summon again, set a hard limit. I told myself 3 5*s or one Ephraim this time, and I did stop when I finally got him (still took 200 orbs, so I spent 600 orbs solely in pursuit of him). If you don't summon until next year, I hope you get masses of 5*s with the saved up orbs :) 

Sad news in my barracks. CYL Lyn and Frederick had an argument and had to split (apparently caused by never having any time together... caused by the fact that my CYL Lyn now only sees the most limited use). However, Legendary Ike swooped in and Lyn is happy enough at A rank... 

In other words, I needed quick speed on my stupid -Spd Lyn (seriously, the only bane I've ever cared about 'cos it screws me over on so many f2p guides) and this was the way to do it. Those four infernal Lyn orbs are mine! 

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

8 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Since I'm now convinced that IS specifically needs the tears of Marth fans for sustenance, this will more than likely happen and it'll be the one with more alts (Roy) just for an added "screw you" to Marth fans. That, or they could go in a different but equally trollish direction and make Leo (aka blonde Marth) this next red legendary.

Waifus are the new face of Fire Emblem. At IS, Marth is "that dude from some old game we made" who got phased out by Lucina.

Let's see if we can't get the Lyn alt count into the double digits before IS remembers him.

13 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

Waifus are the new face of Fire Emblem. At IS, Marth is "that dude from some old game we made" who got phased out by Lucina.

Let's see if we can't get the Lyn alt count into the double digits before IS remembers him.

Given that we have an alt of Olwen (probable #1 on the list of "alts literally no one wanted or asked for") but not Marth, that all sounds entirely plausible.

Disclaimer: I have nothing against Olwen. I just find the fact that she even has an alt at all rather strange.

https://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/317359/Nintendo_hasnt_achieved_satisfactory_profit_on_mobile.php

Uh oh. If this is true, looks like we have might have plenty more Lyns and Lucinas in our future. We can blame all these alts on Pocket Camp for under performing

Edited by Alkaid

17 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

Uh oh. If this is true, looks like we have might have plenty more Lyns and Lucinas in our future.

Throwing more Lyns and Lucinas at the problem isn't going to help, though, and I'm pretty sure the people at Nintendo know that.

33 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

https://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/317359/Nintendo_hasnt_achieved_satisfactory_profit_on_mobile.php

Uh oh. If this is true, looks like we have might have plenty more Lyns and Lucinas in our future. We can blame all these alts on Pocket Camp for under performing

I'm pretty sure this is more on the other mobile games Nintendo has released, Fire Emblem Heroes is likely making even more of a killing than it did last year.  If Feh sales are indeed going down in recent months, then hallelujah maybe we'll be done with the alts on every banner era.  Maybe. 

2 hours ago, Alkaid said:

@KadenI feel you there. I've had some bad salty summon runs, some dumb pity % chasing, etc. that usually ended not how I wanted. At least it's not as bad if you go after a unit you really like. It sucks when it's like this Lyn where I'm just trying to fix an IV on a unit I don't even really care about much, or I'm just trying to get a unit for the sake of it that isn't even one of my favorites. I should have stopped after my initial orbs to get back to saving for brides.. (please be grooms so I can skip and save)

My previous salty summoning was chasing after bride Cordelia and bride Charlotte during their debut banner. That was when I stopped sniping orbs since it didn't work for me and seemed wasteful. Welp, tried it again for promoted Ephraim and once again, nothing.

This one, I don't even know what the fuck I was on. I like Ephraim, but like every other character I like, I don't like them that much to want to chase after them, but for whatever reason, I really wanted promoted Ephraim so I could spend one less fire blessing to complete the quests of which a team of two masked crusaders and a father and his illegitimate son* were able to deal with the Garden of Fire maps easily and lunatic difficulty for Camus's GHB wasn't that much of problem for them. And it only took one more fire blessing that it would have if I had a legendary hero of fire.

Spoiler

* Gerome and masked Marth and Arvis and Saias. After going through a couple maps, I realized how they kind of looked like a weird superhero team.

The worst part is that I did get several focus units. I didn't want to mention them because people would be wondering why the hell I'm even complaining when I managed to summon them and so many of them. It's just mentality of it, desperately trying to get promoted Ephraim, that sickens me. It's a freaking game, but I decided to not sleep, so I could gamble for a chance at one particular character and for one pathetic and trivial of reason. I want something to distract me and let me de-stress, but seriously, man? It's just a game.

2 hours ago, Cute Chao said:

@Kaden

I really do feel you. I spent the same amount last time trying to get him and even though my actual 5* pull ratio was better than it was this time, I was left feeling annoyed since he was the one I wanted. If you do want to summon again, set a hard limit. I told myself 3 5*s or one Ephraim this time, and I did stop when I finally got him (still took 200 orbs, so I spent 600 orbs solely in pursuit of him). If you don't summon until next year, I hope you get masses of 5*s with the saved up orbs :)

My hard limit was two full summons for new regular units banners and four or more for new seasonal banners. There's leeway depending on what I feel like at the time, but I never go ham except for this incident. My reasoning being that new regular units will always be in the summoning pool, so I'll be able to get them eventually and seasonal units come and go depending on the developers. It also lets me stop easily if I see things aren't looking so great like if after two to three summons on a seasonal banner, I'm only getting units with skills I don't need or they're a majority 3* units, then I'd likely bail or wait until the banner's almost over to try again. Random banners are freebie summon or a full summon depending on what I felt like doing.

I told myself I was going to stop when I had 300 orbs, but I continued until I had 200. +400 orbs for everything, but promoted Ephraim was not worth it for me. So, now the hard limit is freebie summons-only for the year or until CYL2 because if I want to do stupid shit like this, distressing myself at the worst possible time and focusing on the game instead of school, then I can have a stupid reward of being locked out of summoning. May the RNG goddess and developers have mercy on me because I will not.

Edited by Kaden

@Kaden darn. I feel you, summoning can be a scary thing when you’re in the wrong state of mind. It was pretty scary how much I said to myself ‘just until the next green orb whenever they even appear’. Orbs just straight up vanished and before I knew it, 2 hours of my life disappeared just summoning and then being indecisive in barracks clearing. I was in a frenzy and even if I had most of who i wanted, that was still a scary state of being.

i finally controlled myself once i was down to 100 orbs and had 2 dupes. I figured i better wait for other announcements before trying again- if i try again. That and i was getting sick of the barracks issue.

these banners are just notorious if you only want 1 particular character so it’s annoying if that character is Legendary and comes back much later. I only go all out if there’s 2 out of the 3 in each colour that i want. If there’s only 1 it’s not worth hunting for too long in my opinion- unless it’s a must have niche like Summer Corrin in her banner.

@Alkaid ah a fellow -Atk Grima owner! I haven’t built mine up yet in case a better one came to me, and one of my archers would love her CA. But until i get another one i’m indecisive on her. But then again i won’t be summoning her until next month so she’s just filling space.

Spent like 60+ orbs on Legendary banner and managed to get Lyn +Spd -Res. She's a monster with her skills and spd/def tactics. I'm spending more orbs on this banner to see if I finally get Ephraim to have a Fire Blessing Hero.

Also, Lyn's map was pretty tough but, again, nothing Sigurd/Reinhardt can't handle. Good to see these two are always on my top 10.

Edited by Quintessence

33 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

ah a fellow -Atk Grima owner! I haven’t built mine up yet in case a better one came to me, and one of my archers would love her CA. But until i get another one i’m indecisive on her. But then again i won’t be summoning her until next month so she’s just filling space.

Despite the bad bane, I've already slapped some semi-significant SI on her (QR3, Moonbow, Hone fliers). I ran her through the calculator and it seems like despite it she'll perform well enough with flier buffs and can be a neat mixed tank, which I don't have many of. If I get another one I'd probably just merge them anyway rather than fodder off CA3 or Res Smoke. (if I really need CA3 I've got a total dead weight -spd +atk Innes that'll be the one to go. Bane aside, boy did get get murdered in usefulness by dragons getting adaptive-targeting breath..)

@Alkaid oh hey i also have a +Atk/-Spd Innes as well! Except he’s my only one but I haven’t inherited skills yet for the same reason.

i guess i should build Robin then as well. A merge would probably be good and she would get use in Earth seasons anyway. Mine’s +Spd so the bulk might be good anyway

@Alkaid oh hey i also have a +Atk/-Spd Innes as well! Except he’s my only one but I haven’t inherited skills yet for the same reason.

i guess i should build Robin then as well. A merge would probably be good and she would get use in Earth seasons anyway. Mine’s +Spd so the bulk might be good anyway

Free Takumi. Lolololololololololol

No attack from warping. noice

shit ton of free feathers and stuff

exp doesn't dissapear after being killed

Takumi is new Virion

Movies are gone

Hero merit from tap battle

Yato upgrade. Camilla and Clair get a new weapon. And I just sent home all my Clairs yesterday. RIP

Edited by silveraura25

11 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Camilla and Clair get a new weapon. And I just sent home all my Clairs yesterday. RIP

I literally killed a Beruka for a killer+ a couple of days ago. RIP my 20k.

I do have a +Atk Clair sitting in my barracks looking pretty.

Also, only 2017’s kids will remember 2★ Annas and crew.

Just now, Vaximillian said:

Also, only 2017’s kids will remember 2★ Annas and crew.

I demand compensation feathers. Oh wait...

10 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Free Takumi. Lolololololololololol

No attack from warping. noice

shit ton of free feathers and stuff

exp doesn't dissapear after being killed

Takumi is new Virion

Movies are gone

Hero merit from tap battle

Yato upgrade. Camilla and Clair get a new weapon. And I just sent home all my Clairs yesterday. RIP

Wow.  I did pull a 4 star Camilla yesterday, guess I'll keep her to see what Camilla's axe will be like.  Have a bunch of Clairs too.  M Corrin as well.  Then again 20k feathers is a lot, didn't even do that with Lilina even though I have a 4 star one with best IVs.  

Free Takumi is incredible.  Free Close Counter, or Close counter for 20k feathers (they give you a 4 star version right?).  Anyways I just put Distant Defense 3 on Halloween Jakob today.  I guess he'll stay dedicated to ranged, I'm not letting that go to waste.  I'll save Close Counter for someone in the future I guess.  

Reduced arena commitment is nice, plus additional rewards are always welcome. The net weekly reward also increases by 500 feathers, 100 medals (ha), 10 coins, 1 orbs and 10 stones. The bonus unit stat boost might mean defense wins will be even harder to come by though. (And if I'm being petty, we're losing out on a one-off 200 feathers on the one day arena is completely unavailable)

I'm thinking AA is staying at 7 wins though since it's not mentioned, that'd be bitterly disappointing because AA is an order of magnitude worse than regular arena.

Refinement update is pretty slim pickings this time around. I'll promote one M Corrin and merge him back into the 4* pile. I have a bad 5-star Clair that'll be merged into a 4* too. I've never gotten a decent Camilla ever (nsert joke about Camilla always being indecent) so that's not a concern for the time being.

A reason to repeat tap battle besides daily quests is long overdue, good change, as is the Rival Domains teleporting change, although it implies that the player can still attack after teleporting which would be weird.

Besides that, free stuff is always nice despite already having a perfect Takumi I never use. Not so sure about the XP being kept for defeated units though, I'm a bit OCD about pre-levelling units to 20 and no further, I will intentionally die/surrender if I overlevel them. (I have dozens of units at level 20, and exactly one unit between 20 and 40, a level 27 Navarre)

Finally, why the tiny footnote about new sacred seals? You'd think this'd be a headline announcement.

I did send home my 5* Clair a while back but she was -Spd so whatever.

Don't really care much about the refinements, but the QoL improvements here are amazing.

Free CC is fucking great. I might give it to my LA!Lyn.

1 minute ago, Sunwoo said:

>Clair gets a new personal lance

NO I LITERALLY GAVE YOU FIRESWEEP LANCE EARLIER

Did you give her double rally? If no, then it's a bigger waste