Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

My 4*+10 Clair just became trash! YAAAY! /s

Now really, I don't mind that much because I planned on rewarding her by making her a 5*+10 when I got another 10 copies of her. I suppose I'll wait a bit to see what Rhomphaia does (although I'm giving it to her regardless because I love Clair). 

The other changes are welcome, except for the arena one. Now I won't get defense wins as easily unless Cordelia+Chill Def still has enough power to thrash the opposition. I know I could work on a cheese strat with Shield Pulse+Miracle with a WoM mage but getting that set up will take me almost a year considering that I still have to finish merging my core.

The free CC will probably go to LA!Lyn although I'm not a fan of it because her low Def just makes it a meh option and I don't have Bold Fighter fodder to create a monster.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

7 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

Now I won't get defense wins as easily…

…What if this is why we will get more feathers from working on the streak compared to the current offence points reward?
(granted, it’s only a 500 feathers difference while defence wins give up to 900…)

Just read the update and I'm quite happy overall with the changes. Maybe I'll finally build up my random 5*Clair if her new weapon is decent. I would be excited for Corrin if I wasn't already building up Eirika and Soleil to 5*+10.

I'm not entirely sure what I think of the changes for Rival Domains since certain movement types are easier than others for me. If anything I would prefer these changes to be implemented into Grand Conquest so all of those merged units can stop killing my units before I can destroy their base.

Bonus units that I've barely built up are no longer dead weight but now I'm not sure if I'll consistently get arena defense wins. At least it seems like we're getting better rewards.

2 hours ago, Hawk King said:

It is probably going to be a significant change from the Berkut's Lance that you either won't use it or you will have to completely change her role on your team.

I allready am running Harmonic Lance+ with a RES+ refine from Shigure on her and changed her setup, she struggles a bit against Green mages (only Gronnblade but not much) but she still is lethal to Dragons of all colors, all sword users (even Zelgius and Ayra) and all red and blue tome users.

I mean she runs:
Harmonic Lance+
Reposition
Iceberg
Distant Counter, Guard 3, Guidance 3
Seal: Close Def 3
Legendary buff: wind (+4 HP and +4 RES from Gunnthra)

She runs together with Saizo+10 (Speed Tactics, Smoke Dagger, Windsweep, phantom speed, close counter etc) B!Ike +10 (Attack and Defense Tactics) and Gunnthra +10 (Res Tactics). The Team composition makes her lethal with 53 buffed RES!!!, 51 SPD and 33 DEF (pre Close defense). I get like 20 def + wins per week with this Team.

I am telling you my Clair is ready!!!: ON YOUR KNEES!!!

4 hours ago, SuperTroll Maxim Lapierre said:

Hmph. Sharena remains the only Askr trio unit worth burning feathers on to 5*. Both Anna and Alphonse are too squishy.

Anna is cool, give her Fury and Desperation and she'll be a jewel in TTs. Who else can equip ER and Desperation simultaneously? (Besides Lyn ...). 

In AA she takes care of most blue dragons, even if they are merged. 

10 hours ago, Nanima said:

@Vince777 He's sadly not the best user of CC unless you happen to run a +Def one. I'd recommend Death Blow, Swift Sparrow or LnD as A skills otherwise. The teleporting can be surprisingly useful at times, although I personally run him as a Brave Bow unit.

I bet he isn't but he's still going to be the only one I have that can use it.

I appreciate the advise but I need him to do something different than what Klein does. Besides, he's got respectable speed so I don't want the brave effect to ruin that. :)

On 5/1/2018 at 4:25 AM, Cute Chao said:

Dooooo iiiiiiit :D

Funnily enough, hearing him singing for Fates is what catapulted Matt Mercer to the top of my 'fave voice actor' list.

I got him!!! :D I love him too much to even care that he’s -spd. I plan on making him +10 though, so I’ll probably get a better nature Shigure eventually.

He’s one of my favorite voice actors too; I love his singing!

People foddering off Takumi is nothing against the character.  Hector has aged much better and is still a top tier unit, yet how many people are working on +10 Hectors or+10 LA Hectors?  That's cause he comes with a very rare skill that has no substitute, Distant Counter.  Something that completely changes how a character can work.  Close Counter is the same.  

4 hours ago, Alexmender said:

My 4*+10 Clair just became trash! YAAAY! /s

Now really, I don't mind that much because I planned on rewarding her by making her a 5*+10 when I got another 10 copies of her. I suppose I'll wait a bit to see what Rhomphaia does (although I'm giving it to her regardless because I love Clair). 

The other changes are welcome, except for the arena one. Now I won't get defense wins as easily unless Cordelia+Chill Def still has enough power to thrash the opposition. I know I could work on a cheese strat with Shield Pulse+Miracle with a WoM mage but getting that set up will take me almost a year considering that I still have to finish merging my core.

The free CC will probably go to LA!Lyn although I'm not a fan of it because her low Def just makes it a meh option and I don't have Bold Fighter fodder to create a monster.

You can 5* another unmerged Clair and then merge the 5* into the 4*+10 to give access to the legendary weapon.

6 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

You can 5* another unmerged Clair and then merge the 5* into the 4*+10 to give access to the legendary weapon.

I know, it's just that it would feel wrong for me to do that after everything I killed for her already (I even killed a 5* Jagen for unlocking the Silver Lance+ and Fury). It'll take a while but I'd prefer to get Clair to 5*+10 after I'm done with my arena core and her refined prf seems like a good gift when she reaches that level. 

The list of future 5* merges keeps growing: Clair, Cherche, Raven, Hana. I find it kinda fun to get some units to great lengths without whaling even if it takes forever.

I'm glad I kept a +atk -def Clair around in my barracks and I'll definitely promote her if her weapon turns out good. If they really go for a Wing Sword-like armor/cav effectiveness that'll make her a great unit for AA.

1 hour ago, ShadowAlchemist said:

I got him!!! :D I love him too much to even care that he’s -spd. I plan on making him +10 though, so I’ll probably get a better nature Shigure eventually.

He’s one of my favorite voice actors too; I love his singing!

Congrats :D 

I think mine ended up being neutral (or the equivalent), to my shock. I'm levelling him up now. Since I got a dupe Dark Shigure with better stats, I've merged him with his previous one, and I'm levelling both of them with Kaze and M!Corrin, who I've promoted. Loving this training team. It'll be sad when they get to level 40. They all have great art and voice acting :D 

Good luck with the +10. Hopefully he demotes for you to make it easier ^.^

Anyways, Clair is getting a refine. That five star one I pulled might get higher Priority. I switch to a different nature for her, depending on what the refine is. The free Takumi is nice. Don’t know wheter to merge him or fodder him off, since no one at the moment wants CC, but I might pull a unit who’d want the skill. I think i have a +atk/-hp Leon in my barracks who could make use of it

Anyways, Clair is getting a refine. That five star one I pulled might get higher Priority. I switch to a different nature for her, depending on what the refine is. The free Takumi is nice. Don’t know wheter to merge him or fodder him off, since no one at the moment wants CC, but I might pull a unit who’d want the skill. I think i have a +atk/-hp Leon in my barracks who could make use of it

Something I was thinking about, since our enemies can no longer attack after warping in RD and GQ maps after the update, does that mean our units won't be able to either?

7 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

Something I was thinking about, since our enemies can no longer attack after warping in RD and GQ maps after the update, does that mean our units won't be able to either?

It remains to be seen, but if the text mentions the enemy and not the player then that means the player is exempt from this new restriction

17 hours ago, Nanima said:

Well yeah, the map sets and rules are different, which allowed Takumi to shine in Fates. Not that refinements are always grounded in canon. Brynhildr certainly didn't turn Leo into a ranged tank in Fates, so they can do whatever they want with the (hopefully) next Fuujin upgrade. A great thing would be if they gave it a Brave effect like Amiti has.

Fujin Yumi really haven't been regarded as OP in a very long time in Fates. Its just a free +2/3 Iron Bow and its gimmick side effect got cycled out once Takumi promotes into Kinshi

+the entire issues of Bows in main series that didn't exists in Heroes. I think thats the real thing that separates main series bows the most outside FE3 and FE12

23 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Fujin Yumi really haven't been regarded as OP in a very long time in Fates. Its just a free +2/3 Iron Bow and its gimmick side effect got cycled out once Takumi promotes into Kinshi

The 14MT with no draw backs are amazing for how early he joins you. Even if it drops off later it still retains it's usability especially since it has, again, no draw backs, along with a small boost to critical rate. Also most people don't promote him to Kinshi Knight, because of better stats as a sniper and the fact that he already has excellent mobility due to the Fuujin (without having an extra weakness to archers). It might only be truly broken in the early parts of the game, but that doesn't mean it's as unimpressive as you are saying.

Edited by Nanima

20 minutes ago, Nanima said:

The 14MT with no draw backs are amazing for how early he joins you. Even if it drops off later it still retains it's usability especially since it has, again, no draw backs, along with a small boost to critical rate. Also most people don't promote him to Kinshi Knight, because of better stats as a sniper and the fact that he already has excellent mobility due to the Fuujin (without having an extra weakness to archers). It might only be truly broken in the early parts of the game, but that doesn't mean it's as unimpressive as you are saying.

14 MT no draw back is just standard Iron Bow forges in a game with might as well be infinite money

And people does promote him as Kinshi

The thing with Fujin is just even if its strong.... its still a normal Bow in the end. Normal Bow isn't all that good in BR

I interpreted Fujin Yumi as a pass for having Takumi be the sniper class instead of the goofy Kinshi knight. Don't want a weakness to other archers and I'll never have Takumi wield a lance. Sniper all day.

37 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

14 MT no draw back is just standard Iron Bow forges in a game with might as well be infinite money

And people does promote him as Kinshi

The thing with Fujin is just even if its strong.... its still a normal Bow in the end. Normal Bow isn't all that good in BR

Forges can make most weapons reach Legendary stats. 

And Sniper is generally agreed to be the better promotion for Takumi, for the reasons I listed above. Fuujin makes it so Kinshi doesn't have much to offer over Sniper.

It's not. The special effect is what makes it unique and cannot be replicated no matter how much you forge an iron bow. Similar stats after a lot of investment doesn't make the Fuujin a normal bow. 

Yay, with the new Kana, my number of unique heroes goes from the 199 number, that annoys me so much, to 200, which is so much nicer :D

I only had 199 for a day, at least. I don't know why it annoys me so much. Maybe 'cos it's just so darn close lol.