Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

5 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Uh, I didn't get Archer Hinoka but Shigure and 2 units I didn't want.

Very cool team. Hinoka has been my first 5* lance, Gerome is badass and Elincia is a quad machine. 

Yeah, I agree! Plus, Elincia is my favorite female in the series and I also use her in my OTP team of CYL Ike, Elincia, Summer Freddy, and Summer Robin. She's S supported with CYL Ike and Summer Freddy and Summer Robin are S supported together. :P

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

35 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, I agree! Plus, Elincia is my favorite female in the series and I also use her in my OTP team of CYL Ike, Elincia, Summer Freddy, and Summer Robin. She's S supported with CYL Ike and Summer Freddy and Summer Robin are S supported together. :P

Sorry, but what does OTP mean? 

Regardless, another nice team you have there. Since I didn't play FE before heroes, thematic teams is something I lack. 

16 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Sorry, but what does OTP mean? 

Regardless, another nice team you have there. Since I didn't play FE before heroes, thematic teams is something I lack. 

10 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

One True Pairing. The pairing you personally endorse and support.

Yup, exactly! :P If you see my sig, you notice that I ship Ike and Elincia and Frederick and female Robin. lol

Edited by Anacybele

So after some more horrific summoning luck this morning, I’ve made a tough decision. I’m going to stop playing this game. Something which is basically forcing me to spend money to continue enjoying it is not something I should continue doing. I would much rather save my money for better and more worthwhile things. I’ve enjoyed this game since day one and I’m sad that it’s had to come to this. Farewell, Fire Emblem Heroes.

So i had a feeling i could raise up a new unit with the feather i have around

And it was like "bout time to raise up this Caeda i've been leaving around for a while"

So i raised up one of my Caeda dupes, after checking i have perfect boon/bane ones

Turns out the dupe i raised up is +Def -SPD

yeah fuck this, crystalling this shit

and just like that i suddenly have +2 Caeda

Oh right, Grand Conquest feathers, almost forgot. Apparently we got mullered 5:21:4, with me being the 4. Immediately spent the feathers to give Raudrblade+ to Eirika, no worries since we'll be getting another 20k+ feathers on Tuesday (and I haven't decided on +atk Morgan vs Kana).

I've been focused too much on acquiring new units over the past few months, probably time I put some effort into building them. To be honest, a lot of it is due to lack of Fury, which gives me the attitude of "if I can't give them a proper A-skill, why bother at all?"

Okay, this is ridiculous. Am I allergic to Anna or something? I have never been on her team in Grand Conquest, it’s always Alfonse or Sharena.

On 5/5/2018 at 1:52 AM, Hawk King said:

1 in 243

Oh man. XD I'm now on Team Alfonse for the 6th time in  a row. That's kinda' crazy. And I'm not mad, but I'm beginning to think he's attached to me or something.

1 minute ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Oh man. XD I'm now on Team Alfonse for the 6th time in  a row. That's kinda' crazy. And I'm not mad, but I'm beginning to think he's attached to me or something.

1 in 729 now. The only important thing is how many feathers you are getting.

@mampfoid Thank goodness. I'm pretty stingy with my blessings, and the easier I can get those 5 orbs the better :P

@sdgj1994 Sorry to hear that, maybe I suggest playing FEH even more casually then and just not spend on it? You can still play it as a f2p. 

Also I guess maybe it helps if you don't become too attached to characters- I notice people who really super want a specific character as a 'must have' get even more disappointed when the gacha desire sensor strikes and any spent money feels wasted. At least if you just try with the free orbs you won't feel as bad as if you spend money I guess. 

43 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

To be honest, a lot of it is due to lack of Fury, which gives me the attitude of "if I can't give them a proper A-skill, why bother at all?"

That's the second reason why I'm sad IS stopped the 3*/4* banner schedule. 

3 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

@mampfoid Thank goodness. I'm pretty stingy with my blessings, and the easier I can get those 5 orbs the better :P

Ba, people need challenges. Blessed gardens seem to be permanent, nobody would loose those orbs if they made it more challenging. And also less generic by the way. 

Edited by mampfoid

5 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

1 in 729 now. The only important thing is how many feathers you are getting.

I haven't had any complaints there. It feels like the same thing keeps happening each round: everyone blows a crap ton of stamina during the first few rounds...like I have some areas of mine being crushed by other teams with blow-out victories. One team then spends the next day crushing the other two and finally the other two push back. I'm pretty happy with all the feathers I've gotten so far.

@mampfoid @mcsilas @eclipse @Alexmender @Vaximillian @SatsumaFSoysoy @Cute Chao @Usana @NegativeExponents- @Rafiel's Aria @Ginko

Yeah, so it's my birthday today. (Shameless plug I know). I probably won't be doing that much on heroes, but since I have a second (rather than going to sleep which is really what I need to be doing.) I just wanted to take a look to see how far I've come. If you have the time, you can reminisce with me, (here's something while you read if you like, this too.) It's May 6th today. I decided to build a Matthew on June 9th, 2017 (I somehow found a record of it.) and this is my Matt as of May 6th, 2018. 

QWImHwdl.pngyd6Gsoq.jpg

That's the free Neutral Matt that comes with the game by the way. It's incredible to see how far I've come in that one year and how different things were back then. No refinery, no supports, no Smoke Skills and Brazen skills, not even Infernal difficulty. I'd just started in April 2 months earlier but things were so much harder. I wanted to commit to him, I'd come up with a bunch of different builds for him thinking they were so awesome, even wanting to give him a Silver Dagger+ initially for a Close Counter, Vantage QP set, but he was just so lacking and I didn't have the knowledge or resources to make him work. I needed to find my footing first.

Fast forward to now. I'm comfortably climing the ranks up into tier 20, have a signature team for the hardest content, an actual main unit and even have the feathers to +10 him. It's just a matter of getting the last 3 copies. But seeing him now makes me realize that the journey with him has only been a few months. I think I started seriously going into him around November or December. And look at him now. A true work of art. But while an achievement he symbolizes the end of a journey in a way, a long journey from where I started near the beginning of last year and that's just a bit sad. But it kind of made me want to look at some of the times and more importantly, units that played key roles in my time with this game and who were instrumental in me picking and settling on a signature unit.

Ike, Reinhardt, Camus, Hector, Frederick (my first *5). All of these units were incredibly influential to me, Frederick being my first *5 and Hector being probably my first real favorite that I ever got with his sheer power, but in the scheme of things, the units I'm about to name have had the biggest impact on my time with this game and it's ever changing seasons.

Kagero

Spoiler

j6LYXY5.png

She was my very first pull. Then at +RES/-ATK (at *4). After doing 2 damage to low level enemies with Matthew, she was my first taste of real power in this game. 4 of the 5 units in that pool became my original main team. Kagero/Chrom/Arthur/Jagen. A perfectly balanced team. I felt so cool clearing those early stages back then. I didn't even know what natures or SI was or that I could click on weapons to see information about them (I didn't understand why reds destroyed Arthur so completely) The team barely lasted a week but a fun week it was. Kagero was always just a few points shy of a kill, it's funny looking back on it.

Fast forward to today. I've only ever pulled 3 Kageros. This one is +DEF/-RES. She was originally going to be one of my main units had I pulled a +ATK or +SPD variant of her, but it never happened. She sees the least use of my daggers now. One day I'll revisit her, but I doubt she'll even use her native dagger anymore. She'll get a complete overhaul. Not yet, but we'll get there.

Chrom

Spoiler

CMZc6jN.png

Would you believe at one point this guy was running G-Tomebreaker? I was just dipping into SI and just giving units stuff that seemed cool. Chrom was my 2nd pull ever at *4, I think he was +SPD. He was benched when I pulled my first red *5: Y!Tiki. He has since not seen use for nearly a year, all the way until refinery dropped with his weapon upgrade. I've since revived him and he has always been my choice for a +10. 

Fast forward to now. I'm not sure what I want to do with him. Maybe hold out for a breath skill, maybe Fire Boost 3, maybe Distant Counter? I don't know. He's in limbo. But he's my #1 sword unit in the making. In time he'll be a monster.

Lukas

Spoiler

6xwWVzo.png

My first real tank. Pulled him going into the midgame. A while before the first tempest trial. He was my first taste of a true physical tank. I have to admit seeing someone suggest putting Ignis on him was the best advice I ever took. I slapped QR3 on him and everything that touched him, even greens died, as long as it was physical. He carried me through most of the mid-game along with my then-main team. There were a lot of struggles, but they always managed to make it work.

Fast forward to now, he's got a refined Slaying Lance+ but it hasn't seen much use. He's still got mostly his vanilla kit and his laughable nature of +SPD/-ATK. Even after all this time he's waiting on a good nature. +RES/-SPD is the best thing he's got and I'm not sure if I even want to go for Berkut's Lance+ anymore. At one point he was my signature unit. He deserves a spot on my endgame team.

Olivia

Spoiler

YK4JCeq.png

Ah, who can forget my first dancer. She was a staple on just about every team I was a part of for quite a long time. Don't remember what she had before I gave her WoM3 but the build you see is one she's had for over a year.

Fast forward, she's still *4 with New Moon and a Ruby Sword with Fury 2. She deserves so much more, I always thought she did. She just ended up being phased out when Ninian came along and now Inigo. One day she'll get her due. *4 +10 with a build overhaul. But for now she continues to rest.

Wrys

Spoiler

eeBqh5e.png

This is the original, and the original deserves respect.

I pulled Serra early on and tried to use her. I was partial to Sakura and built her like Wrys, I liked Maria and Lucius and wanted to build them, eventually I pulled Genny and she became my primary healer, even before Physic+ was a thing, but before all of those healers, there was Rhys. He was the very first healer I ever built and ran and saved me and my team so many times. I think he's +SPD or something which is hilarious. 

Flash forward, he's long since become obsolete as I use Genny and pursue a Serra, but if anyone deserves a promotion, he does. Maybe one day I'll revive him as a magic tank. But for now he'll continue to rest those old bones. The OG healer for Fire Emblem and for me.

Soren

Spoiler

bEglz2h.png

My first *5 green mage. Aside from Wind's Brand, this is the same build he had a year ago when he was my primary mage. I liked Growing Wind and never got around to giving him anything else. He's +ATK/-RES. I didn't have the fodder for a good A skill so I settled on stacking HP and as time went on, I was indecisive and never figured out what I wanted to do with him so he was eventually stuck as a bulky lance killer as he never had the best time with magic dueling. But he pulled his weight all the same.

Fast forward to now and I still don't know what to do with him. If I refined his weapon he'd probably like a bond skill, but that's a ways off. Maybe he'd like Fury or TA, I really don't know. I've settled on Nino as my green mage at this point but this guy has served me well.

Mid-Game Main Team

Spoiler

6xwWVzo.pngbEglz2h.pngYK4JCeq.pngeeBqh5e.png

My mid-game "Hero Team". This is what I cleared 90% of the game's content with at the time. A complete color balance team with a dancer and healer. Unfortunately things were tough. The team had no answer to red mages which would consistently screw with me and Soren had a hard time dueling green and even blue mages. Olivia and Wrys were heavily relied on for support.

This team was pushed to the brink during the first Tempest Trial, for the first half of it, I pushed through. After that point things got too tough. The game's difficulty had reached a new high and challenge that was just too stressful for this team to meet. So I gave it everything I had, got my first perfect 7-Lunatic run, and disbanded the team, seeking new sources of power.

Nino

Spoiler

FlcPqgj.png

One of my favorite FE7 units. This girl was, is and has always been a powerhouse. Just one I never got around to promoting. Feathers were much harder to come by so I had to think long and hard about my promotions. I had already had a *5 Green mage in Soren, after all. But when the first Tempest just got too difficult, I saw everyone going around saying how ridiculous Nino was and how good she was for clearing it with her Fury/Desp build. I didn't understand how Blade+ tomes worked at the time, I just needed it to be easier, so she got her promotion and it was one of the best things I ever did in the game. My first real taste of power and I was drunk on it. She completely changed the dynamic of the tempest and was used for just about everything thereafter, at least for a time.

Fast forward, she hasn't lost her luster, but there are a lot more counters to her now and I have so many units to choose from, she doesn't see half the use she used to. But she's still one of my favorites and was once part of my mythical endgame team of "Hector/Lyn/Matthew/Nino" so it's rather potetic she's become a part of my real one. She has the same build she had a year ago and rocks it just as well as she did then. She's also my highest merged unit at +8 currently waiting for her last 2 merges so she and Matt can reign as my first 2 +10s.

She said she'd do her best. She did, and continues to.

Tharja

Spoiler

0wMCSZs.png

This one was a begrudging act. I didn't like her the minute I saw her, hated fighting against her, but saw she was at the top of the tier lists for red mages because of her spread and blade tome. After chugging along M!Robin for the first tempest as a bonus unit and failing utterly, I swallowed my feelings, slapped Desperation on my +SPD/-ATK Tharja and thrust her into the first tempest along with Nino. Even as a *4 she performed incredibly well and those 2 set the new standard for offense for that time.

Nino continued to see use after that Tempest. Tharja was retired, never to be touched again. Still she still has the privileged title of being my first red mage. I thought about promoting her at one point, but I opted to promote Sophia instead and eventually other strong red mages made their way into my barracks. I'm still committed to *4 +10'ing her. But it's a far off project.

Xander

Spoiler

o6Gu1wM.png

Ah yes, this guy. My first taste of Distant Counter. I didn't have a Ryoma or a Hector, I didn't know much about DC or how premium it was. I know that when Xander's GHB came along it was one of the hardest I'd ever tackled. But I did it and got all the copies of him.

Still I sat on him for a while until eventually he, like Nino were promoted out of necessity for the first Tempest Trial. The level of convenience he added to my team, even without horse buffs was mind boggling. With the build you see right here he carried me through so much content as my primary sword unit for the longest time. Truly a marvel, my first DC unit.

He hasn't aged all that well and I'm swimming in strong reds now but I'll still take him out every now and again with Camus for nostlagic purposes. He still has the same build you see here. Maybe some day I'll throw merges on him, who knows. But he played his role. He's a unit any new player should promote, and I think that still stands to this day.

Bride Caeda

Spoiler

XFWEY9C.png

My first blue tome mage. She was a breath of fresh air filling a role that I never even had access to. She had her original tome and hit like a wet noodle due to her +SPD/-ATK nature giving her Odin tier offenses but the highest natural speed of any unit I've ever had, a record she keeps to this very day. She also was the beginning of a string of ridiculous odd luck (or not) having all my blue tome mages either be +SPD/-ATK or +ATK/-SPD. I gave her Gwordbreaker and she, along with Xander filled new roles on my team for a while.

She's since gotten a Blarblade+ tome and served as my primary blue tome unit for a while both before and after that, but she was slowly phased out until she was benched entirely when units like Delthea and Reinhardt made their way into my barracks. I don't know what to do with her at this point, but I do know she's still got her base A skill and is in dire need of an upgrade.

Bride Cordelia

Spoiler

xFlCvAI.png

Boy oh boy, this unit here. Bride Cordelia needs no introduction, yet I'll give mine to her. 

For starters, I didn't want her. I pulled on the Bridal Blessings banner begrudgingly because I didn't have any variant of Lyn and I wanted Bride Lyn. You can imagine my disappointment to be pity broken by not one but two Bridelias. Despite my disappointment, I heard everyone suddenly going "best archer! best archer! give her Brave Bow+ and watch her destroy everything!" But I was stingy, feathers were still hard to come by and she wanted both LnD3 and Brave Bow+? Nah. Still I gave it a shot near the end of the Tempest and gave her LnD2 with a Brave Bow+ and Luna/Desp and Jesus... she was so unbelievably ridiculous... I couldn't understand why she was so powerful. That was when I first learned what natures were and discovered that I pulled not one but two +ATK/-HP Bridelias so I was massively ahead of the curve.

Pulling her signified the end of the mid-game era for me as she was end-game powerful and carried me through the majority of the hard content as I continued to expand my barracks and get stronger. To this day while I don't use her for everything, if my main team struggles and I'm impatient for the rewards, I still break her and Nino out along with a dancer for quick clears. She really is the cream of the crop.

Sophia

Spoiler

Rq2qXIs.png

While she doesn't play as big of a role in the scheme of things as other units on this list, she was my first *5 red mage and my first component of the trinity that is my 3 raven mages. And she did, and still does her job incredibly well. With the perfect nature of +ATK/-SPD she tanks bows like a champ and clips swords beautifully with Dragon Fang for that extra kick.

Her build hasn't changed since she was first built. She was the first unit to ever get TA3 and I consider her the best of my 3 raven mages (Between M!Robin and Cecillia). Unfortunately with M!Morgan and Lilina competing for my red mage *5 +10 the best she can hope for is a *4 +10 regulation. But we'll see what the future holds. She's only deployed in AA now, but that's what she was built for and she continues to perform there well even with all the power creep. Maybe one day she'll get a Close Counter Owl+ build though? Who knows.

Brave Lyn

Spoiler

1ytQaFo.png

And so there was CYL. The event that changed everything, complete with units that completely shifted and redefined the meta. Giving not only unbelievably powerful units but one for free to anyone that even downloads the game completely for free. Being the first bow cav and my favorite FE character, Lyn was a no brainer. She replaced Bridelia as my front-runner going into the late game and was the first character to hold my Summoner Support. From her perfect spread to being able to negate Distant Counter, she remains an oppressive unit to this day and one we'll probably never stop seeing. Even when CYL2 comes around I don't know that those units will be able to shake the foundations of the game quite like the original four did.

Fast foward, my SS has since shifted to another and she doesn't see too much use anymore. But she still comes out to play every now and again. Her use admittedly diminished greatly when I finally pulled sword Lyn.

Matthew

Spoiler

yd6Gsoq.jpg

And so we're brought to today. I've settled on a unit I wanted to be my true main, given him one of my only premium fodder and slowly watch him grow. A team gravitated to him naturally as I pulled them, Ayra, Genny and Inigo. Not something I planned to do, it just happened. They compliment him perfectly and work well as a unit, clearing most content in a flash and soldiering on even when the times get tough. Even recording, something I thought I'd never do. Adding a bit of personal flair and bragging rights.

As I slowly creep into the end-game I look back fondly on my journey here, but find it funny that in a way, it started with Matthew. A unit that on day 1 I decided I was going to use but never could. Didn't that come full circle? He wants Seal ATK/SPD 2 and ATK Smoke 3 with the Distant DEF 3 seal. After that and his merges, he'll be complete, my greatest achievement. A lot of people will tell you he's one of the worst characters if not the worst character in the game. Never let people's opinions sway you from using characters you love. If you like a unit, go for it no matter what.

It's been a long journey even though it's only felt like a year, but one that's been worth it. Life continues to get crazier and busier. I don't know how long I'll be able to keep playing this, how long it'll even be around. But I've enjoyed the journey so far as well as sharing it and I hope you guys continue to enjoy it as well and maybe, just maybe you're just the least bit entertained from experiencing just a bit of mine.

~Cheers

@Zeo Happy birthday!

And wow I remember you early game team. Great to see how far you've come!

@mampfoid well I just want orbs asap all the time being f2p haha. I don't mind if other rewards are in the Infernal one, like Divine Dew, but orbs are always a much needed necessity so I like getting them as easily as possible haha

Grand Conquests: Both accounts got a Sharena team last time. Main had to fight hard in the final round, and held 11 areas. Alt was so far ahead, 20+ areas.

Water Colonnade: Yes, not Infernal! Fjorm with QR seal, a healer to heal Fjorm after S!Corrin attacks, and a sword cavalier to take out S!Elise. My alt could do it.

@Zeo Happy Birthday! It's really nice to see one's progress on the game throughout a full year, congratulations! I, as well, honor Lyn as my first 5☆ pull and invest full on her because she has a place reserved on the bottom of my heart :D

2 hours ago, Zeo said:

Yeah, so it's my birthday today.

Happy Birthday! Being able to play with your favourites is the best part of this game.

I will never forget how the game gave me a birthday present in the shape of Myrrh back in January, heh.

Happy Birthday @Zeo !

I’m glad to see Sophia there promoted and somewhat built. She was a huge clutch to me during the first tempest trial because only Sophia could deal with Veronica at the time.

Nostalgic every time I see your Chrom too as he was my second 5* but sadly that Chrom recently met his end at the hands of LA!Eliwood.