Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

So with the New Heroes banner right around the corner (the day before Eurovision eeeek), do any of you have any preferences to who could be on it?

You know me, I desperately want an Archanean banner, but I wouldn't be opposed to a Valentian banner which had Silque and Python on it. I just hope that it isn't Tellius, Magvel, Fates or Jugdral.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

2 minutes ago, Lau said:

I just hope that it isn't Tellius, Magvel, Fates or Jugdral.

I do want a Genealogy Gen 2 banner with people like Ced, Altena, and Lana, and Ishtar as the GHB.

6 hours ago, Zeo said:

@mampfoid Amen. And thanks, everybody's journey is different. Hearing that comment kinda makes me just a bit curious about yours. Maybe at some point you could share as well.

Well, I won't get into details as you did, but this is how it went: 

Last year I tried some new Apps, because I was a little bored by a book I was reading. A recommendation on androidpolice.com brought me to play FEH in March. Usually I'm too impatient to play complex strategy games and I don't like tower defense games (a pretty common strategy game variant on mobile devices), but I liked FEHs map size and small number of units per map. I didn't know the Fire Emblem franchise before, but the art of the units was nice and the game was well done which kept me playing. 

Of course I started with the story maps and used the starter trio and Virion for quite some time. 2* Raigh and 2* Matthew (sorry) didn't appeal much to me then, also because one of my first pulls was a 4* Sophia. Virion and Alfonse were replaced soon by Kagero (my first ever 5* unit) and Laslow (4*). Of the starter units, Sharena remained longest in my teams, which were put together out of necessity before starting a map. 

At that time I didn't realize how lucky I have been with my 5* pulls, since I got many of the rare units pretty early: 

Spoiler
  • Kagero
    Solved a big part of the early story maps for me. For a long period new 5* units had to compare to her in sense of combat performance. 
  • Hinoka
    Her pull was perhaps one of the biggest wow-effects, her art is just gorgeous. Ironically I didn't realize the awesomeness of Fliers and Brave Weapons then, like Cordelia (4*, -ATK) I found her too squishy and weakish. Hone Fliers cost a lot of SP and I didn't have good Fliers then. 
  • Ninian
    Everybody else used Olivia while I wondered why they didn't use Ninian. Her art is gorgeous, she is a dragon and could dance. 
  • S!Camilla
    In the beginning I didn't know how banners worked. I didn't want any of the Spring units, but I didn't think to switch to another banner. Camilla came with two Xanders and both got used a lot in the beginning. I didn't know how much she would profit from Hone Fliers, a skill Hinoka never learned so far. 
  • Azura
    Directly after getting a +SPD Nino and directly before getting Xander from his GHB, I got the only dancer (+ATK) who could be more awesome than Ninian. 

My first 5* promotion has been Michalis. With all these shiny heroes and good and beautiful people around, I needed a badass in my team. His quotes made me laugh pretty often ("Dont push me!","You, Summoner! You think me your puppet? You will never control me. I will defy you at every turn.") and when he got Reposition inherited, he became my "evil taxi":

Spoiler

XxJvcwv.png

After I made some errors trying out merges (merged 1* and 2* Cecilia) I was very cautious when skill inheritance became a thing. Before to risk anything, I searched a little around and found the feh wiki (now gamepedia). I wanted to address further questions, found reddit but recognized SF to be a much better place to get help and discuss. It took me a while to collect the necessary amount of feathers, but eventually I finished my first real core team with Nino, Xander and Azura. Those three helped me in the early TTs and brought me to tier 19 in arena (never was very ambitious there, I hesitated long before to do the first merges for scoring):

Spoiler

zMF5e37.png

Horse emblem was cheap to build, but I didn't have Reinhardt, Olwen and Leo (Reinhardt came a little bit later). I used Cecilia (4*) and Ursula for emergency, but not as often as I thought I would. I always wanted to try out the new units and make them work in a team, the introduction of HM and TTs helped with that. Since I was not contend with my horse emblem, I wanted to build a flier emblem around Camilla and thus needed to get Corrin (which happened to become a very frustrating experience). Even -ATK Corrin was a great addition to Palla (later Nowi), Camilla and Hinoka (later Azura):

Spoiler

qdb1jqu.png

VMJNG0m.png

tVGnRLJ.png

cwhBQjZ.png

cfx9Pfd.png

From time to time I checked the Tier lists and wanted to try out the strengths of units I didn't appreciate so far. While I don't like the concept of Firesweep weapons (one of the reasons why Fliers are top tier), I gave Cordelia a try in one of the Tempest Trials. Using Galeforce and Quickened pulse was so much fun, I immediately gave Elincia Galeforce when I got her for her own TTs:

Spoiler

QZapuyK.png

After getting two BH!Roys from the first CYL banner, my liking of GF shenanigans intensified. This development brought me to my current arena core: 

Spoiler

The skills are optimized for AA score, usually Roy as Life and Death 3 equipped and Cherche got another merge meanwhile. 

6UYxKhe.png

5701TMp.png

MeJ1mQH.png

Ok, I left out much of what happened in the end of 2017 and the beginning of 2018, but I guess you get the idea since you also saw my one-turn clears. I have been playing less lately, I guess I'm well past the zenith of my FEH time. 

2 minutes ago, Vince777 said:

I'd want Jugdral the most but I'm going to guess it'll be a Nohr banner with Charlotte, Silas and an alternate for F!Corrin with the Omega Yato.

I’d actually expect a mage flier Camilla instead of a Corrin, but that’s just me.

Edited by Vaximillian

I almost want to go back to the legendary banner and attempt another round of pulls for Ephraim and Henry, but I really should resist. There's no guarantee I'm going to get them and both are coming back later this year. Really should just be happy that I pulled something new at all.

1 minute ago, Michelaar said:

I want a Binding Blade banner the most, because there hasn't been one yet. The last FE6 character to be added was Klein.

He is also the only FE6 character added since release.

You know, I kinda hope Nohr banner is much much later. As much as I want Silas to follow Kaze, I need to build my orb stock again.

I went down my limit after some more tempted pulls.

Or maybe have him as a TT unit I don't care as long as he's free. Speaking of TT, I hope we have one for more orbs.

@mampfoid

Neat to see your journey as well!

Gosh, I remember my early arena cores.

It was Lyn and Merric (my 1st 5 stars who came in the same session) and two others that I can't quite remember. I think Olivia was one of them. I remember not having a good blue in a long while so I was finally forced to promote Sharena first.

As for the defense team, it was a 4 star Gunter, 4 star Ursula, 4 star Abel and I think 4 star Frederick as well. Got a few defense wins before they changed the system to include bonus units for defense as well.

And then in my secone account my early arena core was Minerva, Sanaki, 4 star female Corrin and 4 star Sully, and they managed to work decently well.

I'm out of orbs, so IS, this is the perfect time to add more sword infantry and lance pegasi to the game. *wink wink*

In terms of what I need (and comprehensively failed to get), it's really just ranged armour units, but I don't know enough about most of the games to make good suggestions on who would make good non-seasonal choices (aside from the frequently-mentioned Old Arvis, but y'know, alt).

On 06/05/2018 at 12:42 PM, mcsilas said:

Sorry to hear that, maybe I suggest playing FEH even more casually then and just not spend on it? You can still play it as a f2p. 

Also I guess maybe it helps if you don't become too attached to characters- I notice people who really super want a specific character as a 'must have' get even more disappointed when the gacha desire sensor strikes and any spent money feels wasted. At least if you just try with the free orbs you won't feel as bad as if you spend money I guess. 

So I redownloaded the game today (I would never have deleted it if I didnt have it linked to a Nintendo Account), and I ended up spending money to break my pity rate. Not too much though, only £25. I was trying to budget how much I could spend without going over the top. All I got was a Legendary Lyn but hey, at least I still don’t have a 10.5% pity rate hanging.

I now have new ways to approach summoning: budget my spending carefully and only try to buy the deals, and don’t spend orbs on any banner that isn’t Special or Legendary unless it contains someone I ABSOLUTELY want (which is gonna be pretty unlikely).

On the subject of really wanting characters- this reminds me of the deal when I spent a load for Spring Lucina’s return and only ended up with another Spring Xander. That hurt reaaally bad. But I’m over it and have learnt from my mistakes. I would have loved to have gotten Horse Eirika, Fallen Celica, Halloween Jakob or Wrathful Staff fodder from Lyn’s Legendary Banner but I got none of them. Tis just how it goes.

Anyways, I wonder what the new banner will be, since it comes in 3 days. This is why I’m expecting the trailer to drop tomorrow or the day after that. As for the banner, I’m hoping for either:

A skip able banner, a cipher oc banner, or a warriors banner. What I’m expecting is a Hohrain themed banner with an Alt Camilla (Hopefully she is atleast a mage flier), and two other, and I’m kinda of expecting Silas and Dwyer to be on it

4 hours ago, Poimagic said:

Anyways, I wonder what the new banner will be, since it comes in 3 days. This is why I’m expecting the trailer to drop tomorrow or the day after that. As for the banner, I’m hoping for either:

A skip able banner, a cipher oc banner, or a warriors banner. What I’m expecting is a Hohrain themed banner with an Alt Camilla (Hopefully she is atleast a mage flier), and two other, and I’m kinda of expecting Silas and Dwyer to be on it

Not that this should surprise anyone, but I hope Leo gets the alt spot on a banner like that. I mean, he does become Nohr’s king at the end of Birthright like how Hinoka becomes Hoshido’s queen at Conquest’s end. As for who else there’d be, I’ll go with Silas, Charlotte and Flora with Flora being a TT or GHB unit.

In terms of the new banner I don't really care all that much about it, I am expecting a Nohr banner if I had to guess.  If it is a Nohr banner I really hope Flora is a GHB unit and I would guess at Shura being a TT reward, the banner would have Silas, regular Charlotte and Leo/Camilla as the alt(I hope Leo).

I don't see how Wings of Fate was a Hoshido Banner. Of all 5 characters associated with this banner, only 1 of them was Hoshido exclusive.

28 minutes ago, Michelaar said:

I don't see how Wings of Fate was a Hoshido Banner. Of all 5 characters associated with this banner, only 1 of them was Hoshido exclusive.

Shigure is a Sky Knight, a Hoshidan class. Female Kana is male Corrin's child and he's associated with Hoshido more than Nohr. And Hinoka is obvious.

On another note, I cleared Narcian infernal with my main horse team! Doing the flier team quest is another beast entirely though, because of the archers, especially the infantry one because of his position. He's positioned to kill any flier you put in range, making it seem like Iote's Shield is literally required to win. But what if you only have a Michalis and then someone using the Iote's Shield seal?

And even if you do get rid of the infantry archer, you still have that damn horse archer to deal with...

Edited by Anacybele

10 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Shigure is a Sky Knight, a Hoshidan class. Female Kana is male Corrin's child and he's associated with Hoshido more than Nohr. And Hinoka is obvious.

On another note, I cleared Narcian infernal with my main horse team! Doing the flier team quest is another beast entirely though, because of the archers, especially the infantry one because of his position. He's positioned to kill any flier you put in range, making it seem like Iote's Shield is literally required to win. But what if you only have a Michalis and then someone using the Iote's Shield seal?

And even if you do get rid of the infantry archer, you still have that damn horse archer to deal with...

I guess I can kind of understand but even then I feel like this is more of a neutral fates banner and doesn't really call for a sequel banner at all.

Also congrats on that! I only beat it with an infantry team, the rest is giving me a lot of trouble. Which characters did you use for the horse emblem team?

15 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

But what if you only have a Michalis and then someone using the Iote's Shield seal?

If you were lucky enough to pull her unlike me, then F!Grima is also an option for the bows since Dragonskin also neuters the effective damage from bows.

9 minutes ago, Michelaar said:

I guess I can kind of understand but even then I feel like this is more of a neutral fates banner and doesn't really call for a sequel banner at all.

Also congrats on that! I only beat it with an infantry team, the rest is giving me a lot of trouble. Which characters did you use for the horse emblem team?

I guess so. Part of me still kinda hopes for it to be Nohr and include Silas though. :P

My main horse emblem is Frederick, Reinhardt, horse Ephraim, and Sigurd. Ephraim actually didn't do anything though... lol Rein, Freddy, and Siggy did all of it. Sigurd and Freddy did a lot of tanking while Reinhardt just nuked what he could and got repo'd out of danger.

My Frederick is +9 with massive Def though, so he tanks and deletes pretty much anything not magic. And once Ignis is ready, nobody lives to him. lol I just had to figure out how to keep Rein out of danger and Sigurd from having to tank too much magic. He tanks it okay here, but only for a short time. The blue mage still does a lot of damage. Freddy tanks him well though, despite his Res being his lowest stat. Horse buffs and merges are pretty helpful. :P

@Tybrosion Oh. I never really cared to get her, so I don't have her...

Edited by Anacybele

I'd prefer an Elibe banner next. As has already been noted, FE6 is the only game remaining to never get a New Heroes Banner. Lots of important and/or likeable characters missing like Perceval, Gonzales, Old!Marcus, Sue and Shin as colored horse bows, either of the dancers, and Shanna has earned a place for her sisters after clutching that Voting Gauntlet victory.

I also feel like you can knock out the best FE7 picks in just one expansion. Louise, Sain and Kent, Nils. Pent as a TT reward and Nergal as a GHB.

20 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I don't either like I said (though it's not from a lack of trying for me). I was just pointing out that another flier with protection against bows exists and would probably work quite well for Narcian Infernal. Though again, only if the legendary banners like you enough.

5 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Nergal as a GHB

Why do I hear the howling of a mad dog? Eh, it's probably nothing.

6 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

I also feel like you can knock out the best FE7 picks in just one expansion. Louise, Sain and Kent, Nils. Pent as a TT reward and Nergal as a GHB.

They're all good but I'd also really like Fiora, Canas, Rath, and Wil.

As for the upcoming banner, I kinda hope it's a Binding Blade banner with Thea and Lugh. It has yet to have a dedicated banner and Klein has been the only new BB character added since the game launched. The banner will probably just be another Fates one, though.

25 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I guess so. Part of me still kinda hopes for it to be Nohr and include Silas though. :P

My main horse emblem is Frederick, Reinhardt, horse Ephraim, and Sigurd. Ephraim actually didn't do anything though... lol Rein, Freddy, and Siggy did all of it. Sigurd and Freddy did a lot of tanking while Reinhardt just nuked what he could and got repo'd out of danger.

My Frederick is +9 with massive Def though, so he tanks and deletes pretty much anything not magic. And once Ignis is ready, nobody lives to him. lol I just had to figure out how to keep Rein out of danger and Sigurd from having to tank too much magic. He tanks it okay here, but only for a short time. The blue mage still does a lot of damage. Freddy tanks him well though, despite his Res being his lowest stat. Horse buffs and merges are pretty helpful. :P

Oh wow, good job! My horse emblem people are kind of limited, and most F2P guides require me to have upgraded a Xander to 5*, which I haven't, so it's a bit tough, haha.