Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

6 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

Some part of me feels like I should hold onto my 200 orbs for the hope that Leen might get demoted.

...But It's not inherently obvious between Ares and Leen who will get demoted.

*sigh*

Goodbye orbs.

Blame the 踊り子

Gut tells me it's Ares.  Olivia's a red dancer who's already in the 3-4 pool.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

24 minutes ago, Zeo said:

I never understood the appeal of Brave Bow+ Setsuna. Her ATK is so bad. Having the equivalent of a *5 +5 would patch that up but unless you were merging her at least to that degree I never understood why she was worth it. Bridelia is pretty much the cream of the crop. I had no desire to build another Brave Bow archer after her, having a Cav one in LA!Roy can be convenient at times though.

Oh boy, the Brave Setsuna fad. Makes me feel old. I never bought into it myself. Not using that quads for such pitiful damage. 

I think Lene is a the lock for demotion though. Considering the following of 1) Ares is the son of a character important to the plot while Lene isn't 2) the trend of the second character in the trailer being the one demoted ie Oscar, Sothe, L'Arachel, Morgan, Nanna (kinda), and presumably Shigure (wouldn't mind if it was Kana though). All I heard in favor of Lene remaining 5* is that she's hot, which I find to be a very weak argument. It's like saying Tailtiu would remain 5* over Deirdre back then. 

2 minutes ago, SilvertheShadow said:

It's like saying Tailtiu would remain 5* over Deirdre back then. 

Assuming Deirdre isn’t smoking hot.
Which she absolutely is.

Anyway, I don’t expect Lene to drop because she is a dancer. Ninian stayed locked, four limited dancers stayed limited and locked, and there already is Olivia in 3–4★ red pool.

@SilvertheShadow

On more objective measures, I'd put Leen as more likely to be dropped to 4-star rarity for other reasons:

• Aless has a ridiculously powerful personal weapon. Like really powerful.
  • Aless has Brazen Atk/Def, which is a strong skill, especially considering the potential of pairing it with his weapon, Bonfire, and Vantage.
  • Aless's only real drawbacks are that he is another sword cavalry and his passive B skill is unimpressive.
  • Leen has Defense Sword, which is a physical Berkut's Lance. Good, but nothing particularly amazing considering physical bulk isn't usually a problem for most units.
  • Leen is another infantry sword dancer, which is something we already have.
    • @Vaximillian I think Olivia being commonly available actually helps Leen's case for dropping.
    • The only other non-seasonal dancer to be added after launch was Ninian, who came with the powerful Fortify Dragons.
  • Firestorm Dance competes for a slot with the more commonly used Wings of Mercy. It's a good skill, but not quite as flexible as the standard C-slot buffs.
  • Sword Valor is good.
  • There's no way in hell Ishtar is dropping.

Like, the only reasons I can think of to keep Leen a 5-star exclusive character are the combination of Sword Valor and her boobs art, and that's a fairly weak argument.

24 minutes ago, SilvertheShadow said:

It's like saying Tailtiu would remain 5* over Deirdre back then. 

Deirdre's hotter than Tailtiu. Fight me.

I love how Ice Dragon broke it down in logical itemized stuff.

...and then the who's hotter than who scoff snide comment like an 8 year old breaking the forum's 13 year old age requirement ToS.

Made me laugh way too hard.

Edited by shadowofchaos

I wouldn't put it past IS to keep Lene 5* just for Sword Valor if nothing else.

I want to be wrong though. I'd love to have 1 of her to upgrade plus a few to give her B skill to other dancers to make mini PA Azuras. And easy access to Sword Valor (since I've still never seen a Gray)? Hell yeah.

I just don't want to lose all my orbs simply because of my usual reputation of being 踊り子王

Gah. The June Bride banner is going to be soon.

Edited by shadowofchaos

1 minute ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

What if all three remain 5-star locked? Oooh boy.

I stick Dark Mystletainn into a ballista and launch it at IS's headquarters with a fully charged Bonfire?

I'm guessing Ares has a statline close to his father as a slow hard-hitting sword horse. After-all, the 1st and 2nd gen characters in Heroes have similar stats. (Which gets me excited for Larcei) Ishtar will be a roided out version of Tailtiu. I worry for poor Tine,  Mage Fighters were weak in Fe4, or that could be my LexTine case.

1 hour ago, Zeo said:

@mampfoid That 6 DEF on Innes though.

I never understood the appeal of Brave Bow+ Setsuna. Her ATK is so bad. Having the equivalent of a *5 +5 would patch that up but unless you were merging her at least to that degree I never understood why she was worth it. Bridelia is pretty much the cream of the crop. I had no desire to build another Brave Bow archer after her, having a Cav one in LA!Roy can be convenient at times though.

Having more Brave Bow archers is never a bad thing, but I kinda suggest going a different route with Innes at this point. His weapon is an owl bow so he'd benefit from a support partner and maybe a bond skill and he'd really be something.

Cordelia never came to me, the next best thing for quatting seemed Innes. I was really happy when I got him (+SPD), even if I only wanted Roy (whom I got also later). The comparison to Setsuna (same ATK but two more SPD at 4*+9) was meant to show that he isn't really as impressive (with quad set) as I hoped. 

Setsuna flooded me when I was trying for Hinoka (without success btw.). I could merge her and still have some bowbreaker fodder left. 

15 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

What if all three remain 5-star locked? Oooh boy.

It’s not out of the question, but it would be an insane dick move and honestly unnecessary. Outside of seasonals only three banners had no drops whatsoever, being the CYL, Farfetched, and Fallen banner. The former two are fairly obvious as to why there wasn’t, and the Fallen banner was likely a one-off thing seeing how unique it was. 

1 minute ago, Jingle Jangle said:

I'm guessing the game will be down for 1-2 hours, similar in the update for book 2.

Same, unless they have something happen with Apple being slow on the update again.

2 hours ago, silverserpent said:

Uhhh...M!Kana GHB that dropped just a few days ago?

I blanked out on Kana and I even 5*ed him.  RL has been really making me forget things.  I still want Julius to be a dragon, but now remembering Kana, Julius will most likely be another infantry mage.  Maybe he will be an armor mage instead since I am swimming in good infantry mages already.

So is the maintenance going be until midnight? Cuz need to do my daily quests.

1 hour ago, shadowofchaos said:

I just don't want to lose all my orbs simply because of my usual reputation of being 踊り子王

Gah. The June Bride banner is going to be soon.

So do you normally switch to Japanese on a whim or do you deliberately put your titles in Japanese to make it sound nicer?

27 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

So do you normally switch to Japanese on a whim or do you deliberately put your titles in Japanese to make it sound nicer?

Guessing you haven't been here for the last 8 years.

I've even had silly Japanese exchanges with Ice Dragon in this very thread.

Edited by shadowofchaos

48 minutes ago, EricaofRenais said:

I blanked out on Kana and I even 5*ed him.  RL has been really making me forget things.  I still want Julius to be a dragon, but now remembering Kana, Julius will most likely be another infantry mage.  Maybe he will be an armor mage instead since I am swimming in good infantry mages already.

Fair enough. And it'd be cool if he was an armor mage as not everyone has one and they're really good units. Though, i don't see IS making him armored for that reason, they'd like to keep that niche premium.