Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

4 hours ago, Lewyn said:

Ha I didn't notice it til it was mentioned but yeah Lene does look a lot like Tiki.  It looks like in Heroes even though I think same artist they did make Ares look a little more different from Eldigen.  In Genealogy they look almost exactly the same.  

For Grima alt are you guys thinking Julius might be an armor dragon?  Or just that he is also a dragon controlling a human vessel.  

Despite the possession, he's probably going not have Loptyr show up Grima style so that he's consistent with Naga. 

The simplest and most faithful solution for him would be to have the Loptyr tome a combined Divine Tyrfing+Deflect damage effect that applies to both physical and magical damage but leave him as infantry. Or maybe just physical damage to keep his weakness against Naga. It also doesn't make sense to make him vulnerable to Dragon and Armor effective weapons either. 

Julius is screaming to be a Sophia on roids. His daddy's Sage form and Saias don't have tankiness, but the whole reason Julius doesn't die easy in his game  is because his tome makes him a TANK. 

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

2 minutes ago, SuperTroll Maxim Lapierre said:

The simplest and most faithful solution for him would be to have the Loptyr tome a combined Divine Tyrfing+Deflect damage effect that applies to both physical and magical damage but leave him as infantry. Or maybe just physical damage to keep his weakness against Naga. It also doesn't make sense to make him vulnerable to Dragon and Armor effective weapons either. 

Julius is screaming to be a Sophia on roids. His daddy's Sage form and Saias don't have tankiness, but the whole reason Julius doesn't die easy in his game  is because his tome makes him a TANK. 

I think it should have 50% damage reduction on the opponent's first hit from all weapons that are not effective against dragons (kind of like how refined Eckesachs has Threaten Def, but it doesn't work against dragons).

We'll know when the datamine comes out shortly (since the update appears to already be released).

So apparently it's been found there's been changes to what units show up on the loading screens.

Spoiler

New rotation:

Alfonse
Sharena
Fjorm
Gunnthra
Brave Roy
Brave Lyn
Brave Lucina
Brave Ike
Legendary Robin
Legendary Ephraim
Legendary Ike

And they removed:

Anna
Sword Lyn
Sword Roy
Camilla
Takumi
Y!Tiki
Lucina
Marth

RIP Marth, getting kicked while he's down yet again. Can we even call him the face of Fire Emblem any more? Also Anna shafted once again out of the "trio".

Here's the supposed source of where this info is coming from.

Spoiler

1525825431163.png

Edited by Alkaid

7 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

Darn it. I fell asleep so I didn't get the tap battle daily done. This will forever haunt me -.-

Those pitiful rewards? I doubt it. You probably lost more by not playing Grand Conquest intensively and collecting the small bread crumbs every two hours.

So, is it just because I'm bored or does anyone see a Henohenomoheji when looking at Ishtar's face?

Henohenomoheji.png

Well, during this maintenance. It's fairly random but I'd like to take this time to talk about the game's main female character. Lyn.

340px-Full_Portrait_Lyn_Lady_of_the_Plai

No, not Bride Lyn, not Brave Lyn, not pancake Lyn, just Lyn. And how I think that keeping her as a *5 is a poor choice.

Ok, so we have *3 and *4 units, *4 and *5 units and we have *5 exclusives. Since the game's release up until now a unit's *5 exclusivity has been based on 5 key factors.

• The character is popular.
  • The character is meta/powerful.
  • The character has a premium skill(s).
  • The character is seasonal/limited.
  • The character has a Prf.

These were more or less rules in stone since the games release but slowly these pre-reqs have been chipped away at. Sothe broke the mold of premium skills and since the refinery prfs are being handed out like candy as well as refines improving existing characters. Lyn was one of the first characters to get a refine and the boost seemed pretty amazing, but since then more and more units have gotten weapons and powercreep has been rendering her more and more obsolete as the game moves forward. The name of her game is to kill enemy units immediately after being knocked down to 75% with her Brash/Desp combo. Which at the beginning was a pretty sick combo and strategy, then the Brash Assault seal came out and other, much stronger characters could copy this strategy, some with better results even at the cost of their B and S seals.

The issue isn't so much the set itself, but that units are getting more and more bulky and powerful and Lyn hits like a wet noodle. Her B slot is free which means you can give her Wrath and the Brazen ATK/SPD A skill is practically built for her, but you're essentially giving her a very expensive premium set so she can function adequately as a unit. The introduction of Safeguard+ pretty much means that anyone equipped with that weapon is going to survive and oneshot Lyn, likely even with her premium set. With these drawbacks and requirements you can factor in that there are units that just flat out are superior to her in combat, but more specifically units like Athena, Mia, Ayra and now even Fir (and Eirika) who directly powercreep her. It's not a good look. I'm almost willing to say it's more worth it to take the additional 2 HP and a SPD refine on her Sol Katti (even if I'm biased since mine is -SPD)

Now, Lyn's a decent unit on her own and in this game you can make any character good with investment. But there in lies the problem, the two things that make any unit viable are skill sets and merges. Lyn with a premium skill set is only on par with the units I've previously mentioned (though still inferior to Ayra and Mia) but there's a big difference between them and her. You can +10 them. These units come at lower rarity and are relatively easy to acquire and build up. Lyn on the other hand is a *5 exclusive and suffers from pre-meta syndrome. Because she's one of the lesser units in this game she's rarely seen on banners (the last banner she was on was the refinery banner with Ephraim and Takumi) unlike her Brave variant.

IS Knows that people want the meta units or that unit with the valuable A or B skill (cooldown skills, anyone?) so they're going to keep churning out banners like those while earlier units are rarely seen (even Linde, a pretty launch powerful unit has been absent for over half a year) so even if you were willing to whale for her you rarely ever have the chance. A unit like her needs the boosts from merges and eventually when you play the game long enough you get to the point where you want heavy hitters but unless you pay $$$ there's a limit on who you can and can't max out.

The problem here is that at this point in the game, Lyn brings nothing to the table to deserve *5 rarity other than the fact that she's Lyn. Her spread is average, she has no premium skills (unlike Hector, Saber, FH!Celica, etc) and her weapon is only decent in today's meta. If I were to be frank, as far as *5 exclusive red units go she is probably the single least valuable unit in the game next to Karel who is even superior to her now with his new prf. She needs to be a *4-*5 star. Regardless of every con I've stated and comparison I've made, she is 100% my favorite FE character and I would +10 her in a heartbeat if I wasn't forced to pay $1000 and wait for half a year to do it. I understand she's popular, but there's no other reason for her to be exclusive, there's only one thing to do.

TL;DR Demote Lyn. She's literally the worst red pitybreaker you can possibly get. She's also my favorite FE character and I want to *5 +10 her without going broke.

Edited by Zeo

@Zeo Saber has premium skills??? NANI???!

But I do agree with you otherwise. The least that could be done would be to drop her to the 4* pool. I want to 10+ her at some point myself, and she’s even summoner supported with me too.

1 hour ago, Alkaid said:

So apparently it's been found there's been changes to what units show up on the loading screens.

Reveal hidden contents

New rotation:

Alfonse
Sharena
Fjorm
Gunnthra
Brave Roy
Brave Lyn
Brave Lucina
Brave Ike
Legendary Robin
Legendary Ephraim
Legendary Ike

And they removed:

Anna
Sword Lyn
Sword Roy
Camilla
Takumi
Y!Tiki
Lucina
Marth

RIP Marth, getting kicked while he's down yet again. Can we even call him the face of Fire Emblem any more? Also Anna shafted once again out of the "trio".

Here's the supposed source of where this info is coming from.

Reveal hidden contents

1525825431163.png

As if it wasn't clear enough IS hates Marth, now they're trying to quietly erase his existence from the game. 

3 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

Maintenance is over but I can't update because QooApp. Does anyone have info on the update? I want to know what the new refinements are.

Is maintenance really over? I just checked, and I still have the notification that it's ongoing. 

1 minute ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Is maintenance really over? I just checked, and I still have the notification that it's ongoing. 

Huh... I just checked and it tells me to update the game's version on Google Play but rip. I assumed maintenance was over ~

Just now, Quintessence said:

Huh... I just checked and it tells me to update the game's version on Google Play but rip. I assumed maintenance was over ~

I know the update has been available for a little while now. You just can't play it yet. There's no news on a datamine yet as far as I can tell. Probably have to wait for maintenance to finish.

6 minutes ago, Chrom-ulent said:

Galeforce without throwing 20k+ feathers at Cordelia?

The fact that you can promote a Cordelia to get Galeforce in itself debunks the theory that that's enough to keep her *5 exclusive.

51 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Well, during this maintenance. It's fairly random but I'd like to take this time to talk about the game's main female character. Lyn.

I almost thought this was sarcastic simply due to

51 minutes ago, Zeo said:

the game's main female character

Yet I can't argue with how much favor they're giving the America's first FE face.

But also, you haven't played any other Japanese gacha games, do you?

Do you have any friends that play FGO? Talk to them about the pain of promotion.

Edited by shadowofchaos

@Zeo Lyn is my favorite Fire Emblem character and one of my favorite characters in gaming, and I'm definitely gonna +10 her at some point, but part of me has to agree. She's still better than at least half of the other sword characters, and she can be awesome with a little work. But, aside from being enormously popular, there isn't much to justify her being a 5-star exclusive character. I'd personally say her, Karel, and Ike could all be added to the 4-star pool.

31 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

@Zeo Lyn is my favorite Fire Emblem character and one of my favorite characters in gaming, and I'm definitely gonna +10 her at some point, but part of me has to agree. She's still better than at least half of the other sword characters, and she can be awesome with a little work. But, aside from being enormously popular, there isn't much to justify her being a 5-star exclusive character. I'd personally say her, Karel, and Ike could all be added to the 4-star pool.

God please Ike.  I merged the extra copy of him but that was long before anyone knew of Vanguard Ike.  Now I don't use him anymore.  Still I don't want to fodder off a +1 unit with ideal IVs to finish off my Galeforce Cordelia.  I'd rather draw another Ike which would be much easier if he were 4 star, and fodder that off to Cordelia.

39 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Ike is not coming to the 4-star pool because Aether. IS wants people to pay money to reach and stay in Tier 20. 

4 minutes ago, SuperTroll Maxim Lapierre said:

Ike is not coming to the 4-star pool because Aether. IS wants people to pay money to reach and stay in Tier 20. 

Chrom says hi from the 3*-4* pool.

Camilla's Axe is +4/4 atk/spd if in 2 spaces of a cav/flier ally.

Refine is +3/3 atk/spd to cav/flier allies within 2 spaces.

She needed way more damage buffs to herself to compare with Slaying Axe Iceberg's damage, so I'm not sure if I care for this. I'd have rather gotten an Axe Wing Sword like Clair got for a lance.