Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

7 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

my issue with that is his stats seems underwhleming i guess?

granted 45/34/37/30/26 is still a fairly solid specs, but compared to most modern Swordlord is way worse distributed

While his refine is basically turning him into themed buffer for anything which seems really good. IDK i'm questioning between getting his refine or Mich lol

I just don't see why you would both build Corrin and give him that refine if you were to use him. If you want a buffbot, Marth and Eirika are so much better since they buff more than one unit. To begin with, you probably built him to be offensive before this update, since he had Darting Blow 2 on Yato before. Why not just get a stat refine and pump up his statline so he can somewhat match BST powercreep?

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

I think I'm most definitely taking the speed refine for my Corrin. He's +atk, so not the fastest, but Yato's new skill and the speed refine would put him at 37 speed, which is very respectable. 43 speed on initiation with the darting blow 3 I gave him is pretty good. Possibly second only to my +spd Leif.

5 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I just don't see why you would both build Corrin and give him that refine if you were to use him. If you want a buffbot, Marth and Eirika are so much better since they buff more than one unit. To begin with, you probably built him to be offensive before this update, since he had Darting Blow 2 on Yato before. Why not just get a stat refine and pump up his statline so he can somewhat match BST powercreep?

Marth only buffs by 2/2/2/2 which is actually significantly lower. Corrin at C buffs as much as Marth at full power adjacent S. To begin with Marth really is a 3P1 unit most of the time in a sense that using Marth as a buffer already forces you to use half the squad you prob would focus on 1 unit to superbuff, so having Corrin buff more than one unit  isn't really as bad as it seems

Eirika buff is Hone, so she's never a valid comparison for this ever. Marth and Corrin and replicate everything Eirika did for support without even trying to change how they work as a unit

LIke the main thing with Eirika before Ref is that outside of some Seals, Seals is a low level opportunity cost so a character can easilly copy her through double Hone set up or she's completely shuffled out by Hone (category). Granted Eirika's refine does exactly what you said(pump her statsline so she can somewhat match BST power creep where she sits at 30/39) and i personally considered it one of the best refine

I mean i still think Marth is better overall since he murders the hilariously common F Grima but bulding him into the R version didn't really took away from his general build. I guess you can go Swift Sparrow -> Swordbreaker -> HA/HS R for a matchup cleaner who gives 8/4/8/4 buff to a single unit at the same time

It's disappointing that Corrin can't reap the benefit of +6 to his stats like his support partner can but I think this refines pairs pretty well with takumi,brave lucina,hinoka, and camilla it's cool that it at least fits him thematically and references his personal skill

Now with Clair built up, I'm at 100% completion for the Valentia characters!

PTkc8aC.png?1

Or I would be if I gave the remotest crap about Berkut. Though to be honest, I'd prefer to keep it like this just for kicks. You don't need to comment on how I can get ridiculously petty towards characters I don't like. I am very much self-aware of this fact.

58 minutes ago, r_n said:

They were mentioned. I assume the new dude is the third of the scorching triad that Laegjarn mentioned in her last stand and Gunnthra (& I think Fjorm?) did mention siblings, plural.

I do agree Fjorm probably should have mentioned them more, and not had it as easy to miss lines even if you have the units, mind you. 

Yeah i'm talking about in the main story not from Gunnthrás quotes(which requires if you have her) the time their finally mention in the story is now by Fjorm and at the very near end of the arc which was sloppy but gacha stories aren't very good some other series do it well though.

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

1 minute ago, Blade Lord Lyn said:

I'm talking about in the story not from Gunnthrás quotes

That's fair, Fjorm should probably have mentioned her other siblings at least in passing. Even just a "I'm worried about <them>, but Gunnthra takes priority". 

Corrin with his weapon essencially turns into a "Gen 2" Unit stat-wise without any other benefit from them.

2 hours ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Marth only buffs by 2/2/2/2 which is actually significantly lower. Corrin at C buffs as much as Marth at full power adjacent S. To begin with Marth really is a 3P1 unit most of the time in a sense that using Marth as a buffer already forces you to use half the squad you prob would focus on 1 unit to superbuff, so having Corrin buff more than one unit  isn't really as bad as it seems

Eirika buff is Hone, so she's never a valid comparison for this ever. Marth and Corrin and replicate everything Eirika did for support without even trying to change how they work as a unit

LIke the main thing with Eirika before Ref is that outside of some Seals, Seals is a low level opportunity cost so a character can easilly copy her through double Hone set up or she's completely shuffled out by Hone (category). Granted Eirika's refine does exactly what you said(pump her statsline so she can somewhat match BST power creep where she sits at 30/39) and i personally considered it one of the best refine

I mean i still think Marth is better overall since he murders the hilariously common F Grima but bulding him into the R version didn't really took away from his general build. I guess you can go Swift Sparrow -> Swordbreaker -> HA/HS R for a matchup cleaner who gives 8/4/8/4 buff to a single unit at the same time

Idk, maybe if you S him with a broken ass M!Grima and give him that refine, he'll be useful enough to warrant a space on one of your Blessing cores. I just personally think that if I'm going to invest in a buffbot with a poor statline, I'd want a bit more flexibility from them. The refine isn't terrible in the way Regal Blade is, since it still gives a lot of boosts.

39 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Idk, maybe if you S him with a broken ass M!Grima and give him that refine, he'll be useful enough to warrant a space on one of your Blessing cores. I just personally think that if I'm going to invest in a buffbot with a poor statline, I'd want a bit more flexibility from them. The refine isn't terrible in the way Regal Blade is, since it still gives a lot of boosts.

I mean the way i'm thinking at using MCorrin right now would make him never get anything above C lol

Also Regal Blade R is bad? I kinda disagree with it although thats probably because i always considered it one of the most busted Prf before refine and then it gets refine which pushes it further as one of the most boring but stupidly good ones. 6 A 3 D 6 S 3 R with barely any set up requirement is batshit insane

Like its one of few weapons who broke 4 extra stats baseline for Refinement Self buff and the requirement is a joke since Mage Infantry isn't exactly the hardest requirement

I guess theres the whole stuck on LLoyd factor. Superman Lloyd only have 38/41/23/33 pure specs whereas a modern swordy with Killer R would be way better like Slayer Mia with 32/43/28/25 with broken as shit Killer effect

In a sense its comparable to Lucina who have 38/40/29/23 specs but Lucina need adjacent state

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

With new refinements, I'm debating whether I should risk and go Rose's Thorns Camilla's Axe, or invest in DC DD Eckesachs Zephiel, ooor just finish up Lloyd with his new refinement? Plz halp

Also, I'm definitely promoting Camilla, but which nature is better for her: +Atk -HP or +Spd -Def?

5 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

With new refinements, I'm debating whether I should risk and go Rose's Thorns Camilla's Axe, or invest in DC DD Eckesachs Zephiel, ooor just finish up Lloyd with his new refinement? Plz halp

Also, I'm definitely promoting Camilla, but which nature is better for her: +Atk -HP or +Spd -Def?

Go with Zephiel because he's awesome!

I think SPD is better for her?

I got around to listening to the new characters' voices and I think Julius is the first character to say something for his normal attack in English. As far as I know with the English voices, nobody says anything for their normal attacks except for Julius. They're all just grunts unlike with the Japanese voices where most characters have one normal attack line where they say something or Rhajat who speaks for both her normal attacks in Japanese.

Also, I get the feeling whoever voices Helbindi in English might be a fan of Fight Club -- which I still need to watch one day -- if he's not using his real name. Raymond K. Essel is probably a real name, but it's also one letter off from Raymond K. Hessel from Fight Club.

1 hour ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

I mean the way i'm thinking at using MCorrin right now would make him never get anything above C lol

Also Regal Blade R is bad? I kinda disagree with it although thats probably because i always considered it one of the most busted Prf before refine and then it gets refine which pushes it further as one of the most boring but stupidly good ones. 6 A 3 D 6 S 3 R with barely any set up requirement is batshit insane

Like its one of few weapons who broke 4 extra stats baseline for Refinement Self buff and the requirement is a joke since Mage Infantry isn't exactly the hardest requirement

I guess theres the whole stuck on LLoyd factor. Superman Lloyd only have 38/41/23/33 pure specs whereas a modern swordy with Killer R would be way better like Slayer Mia with 32/43/28/25 with broken as shit Killer effect

In a sense its comparable to Lucina who have 38/40/29/23 specs but Lucina need adjacent state

I don't think Regal Blade at base was ever good, no. +2 Atk/Spd is barely anything, and it's the only effect it had. It essentially was just an A-skill (Atk/Spd 2), and it was alright when it came out, but not broken or anything. It got blown out of the water by pretty much everything that came out post-CYL too.

Aside from Lloyd's stats still being trash, infantry Mage is also a pretty mediocre for Tier 19.5 Arena nowadays. Their low score is one thing, but there are now really common targets in Arena that they can't kill, even with buffed Blade weapons. Reds get walled off by Myrrh, M!Grima and Spd versions of Fae, while Greens just get gatekept by Berkut's Lance Effie. Blue has it better since Reds don't have good Res, but they can't reliably kill fellow Blues unfortunately. If you want to run Lloyd, a mediocre unit himself, then you're forced to run a second mediocre unit (of which Linde and Delthea are the best picks lol), and then you only have one slot left before bonus unit/Leg Hero.

I guess none of this is a problem if you run your Lloyd PvE, but I could have just fielded Black Knight and it probably would have been fine lol.

Well, the outgoing Fates banner seems to be very confused about who is on it.

I managed to pull 2 copies of Kana way back when it was first released.

Now that I go to finish up the banner, I get

• Myrrh
  • Faye
  • Hardin
  • Kana, at which point I stopped pulling green
  • Larchel
  • Takumi, [+Spd, -Atk] again because, you know, the entire point of getting duplicates is to get the same nature again
  • Shigure, at which point I stopped pulling blue
  • Takumi, [+Spd, -Atk] again because, you know, that last one wasn't enough to drive the point home
  • Hinoka, finally, but [+HP, -Res]
  • Faye, on the pull right after Hinoka
  • Brave Lyn, 2 pulls after Faye (there was a Priscilla in between)
  • Hinoka, [+Def, -Res]

I give up now. I got three Takumis today. I can +10 him now if it weren't for the fact that Henry, Lyn, and maybe Jakob want a certain skill of his. And the fact that all of my Takumis have neutral or worse natures.

And, you know, I really need 3 Takumis with the exact same nature.

At least I can be grateful for the increased quality of pitybreakers.

And now I need to clear out 2 more spots for blue Kana before tomorrow because we still haven't gotten another barracks expansion.

Edited by Ice Dragon

Even though this banner is about to drop, I guess out of respect to the vampires I'll still put this in spoilers.

Spoiler

Silly artwork aside, Ishtar is incredible. I figured with the kind of buffs she's getting every turn (and every other turn) they would have capped her at something like 30 base SPD, but 36 with a boon reaching to 39 means a +SPD Ishtar reaches 49 SPD on initiation. Guaranteed and with no way to prevent it. There's nothing she can't double. Except maybe a +10 Ayra and with a simple Speed seal or a hone/drive she probably doubles her too.

You have to initiate against her. If she attacks first you die, period. She's going to be a problem. At least she isn't on a horse though. Yep, I went there.

Edited by Zeo

So as far as the story chapter goes:

Spoiler

I think that the Ylgr that joins us at the end of the chapter might be Loki, not the real Ylgr.  She addresses the player by name during the chapter end, but Fjorm was never able to introduce the player because her coughing fit interrupted the introduction (at least in the English version, not sure about the Japanese text).

Considering how relatively unsubtle most of the foreshadowing is in FEH, Loki being the escaped Ylgr seems kind of likely.

7 minutes ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:

So as far as the story chapter goes:

Yeah, that’d be my assumption as well. At the very least it would debunk the theories that our 

Sharena is Loki! Heh.

1 hour ago, silveraura25 said:

For all of you who were skeptical, Shigure is now at 4 stars

Called it. Maybe not publicly, but knew it would be either him or Kana.

This means that Ward Fliers is now in the 4* pool, even if it turns out to be a 5* locked skill.

Maybe Kiran noticed this and might takes adavantage on Loki in the next chapter but I have no clues about what I say (Kiran would spoke with Alfonse to share his doubts)