• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

3 hours ago, Lewyn said:

I would think since this is a global phenomenon they would be a bit more careful in depiction of black characters.  

I don't disagree. 

I question whether Japanese people consider it much of an issue to stereotype foreigners. They do it literally all the time. Black men are indeed loud, brutish, burly, and unintelligent to them. Or jokesters. That is why they make stars out of people like Bob Sapp, those eager and willing to play into the stereotypes for cash. 

They won't understand it the way Americans do, living in a very multicultural country. Even outside America, something like blackface is not so much a thing.

I didn't see the Muspell people as 'black' though but they are definitely meant to be gaijins. The only one FE character I consider to be black is Devdan and that's a character they definitely designed to be dumb. 

20 minutes ago, Kozac said:

I won't scream that Ares>Eldigan but, he has pretty offensive stat stats - it is plural so it needs the "s"

for a sword cavalry unit and an average defense average defense or average defenses - the "an" is not needed

similar to his feather father - just a spelling error, feathers are what birds have and FEH players want more of

and an unique weapon a unique weapon - you do use "an" before a word that begins in a vowel but there are exceptions to that. This is one of those cases. Don't ask me why, the English language is just stupid like that sometimes.

that will work better on him than his feather father - again spelling error 

(because offensive stat, stats - again it is plural

he can easily get/activate/use AoE special or  gale force ) , -  just missing a word here

so I see in Ares a reason for the player to spend their money to try to get him.  - we usually don't talk or write like this in english. You can drop "in Ares" because it is implied that he is the character being spoken about.

But I want to say, despite his stat,that he's a caracter character - spelling error  who deserves to be in Heroes, I mean, more than Swordhart and Olwen

(P. S:I don't hold the True and can desagree with and if it's the case tell me whyI'm not 100% sure what you were trying to say here, lol. I think it's just one of those cases where we just don't format our sentances like that. You did misspell "disagree" though

Since your location is France, I take it that English isn't your first language so I figured you might like some corrections. Seriously though, English is super hard to learn. Especially with all of our exceptions to the rules that seemingly make no sense at all.

I agree though, Ares weapon makes him really good, and he has a great stat-spread to go with it.

There are things that can make English difficult but I wouldn't call it an especially difficult language to learn. I find it relatively simple and it is by far the easiest of all languages to immerse into. It is "super hard" compared to what?

My number one gripe with it is probably that pronounciation just cannot be assumed from the spelling alone, which makes English fail quite a bit as a phonetic language in writing. I also probably wouldn't mind if it were more precise. 

Edited by Vince777

My bad, Hawk King, ty for the correction, you're right, I make errors because my native language is french, also, I write my message on my phone and there's an automatical correction which is, first, stupid even if I write in french, second, hard to write in english (ex:when I want to write "a" it's always corrected in "à" and this is idiot because in french "a" is very common when you speak in past) and I want to rush my message because of this make me impatient. (that's why my messages can look like trashes) 

And don't worry, even in french there's a  lot of exceptions that are stupid and inexplicable. 

And my message is that I find Ares, in my opinion, a little too powerful but at least he deserves to be in Heroes, not like for some Alternative version (Like Reinhardt or Olwen) 

9 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

Seriously though, English is super hard to learn. Especially with all of our exceptions to the rules that seemingly make no sense at all.

As a German-speaker, I can tell you that English was very simple to learn, compared to French which I gave up after a year. Though that might come down to the language having a similar origin to German. I actually don't think English has that many exceptions, at least compared to German. If it wasn't my mother-tongue, you couldn't pay me to learn it.

Anyway, back on topic. I would actually like Illusuory Dungeon a lot more, if they switched it up more. Don't have it be that boring old cave all the time and change the ending to something else for once. (Like a "dungeon" that's actually a forest and ends up in a picnic or something) That would at least make it feel different. Oh, and don't have it hang around for over a week after rewards are done or at least make the daily rewards more substantial. I always get annoyed by the dumb red "!" on the map screen, knowing the rewards for getting rid of it are only barely worth the grind.

I'm French as well and the moment someone starts correcting my posts, they better make sure their own are perfect.

I'd be tempted to remind Hawk King how "sentence" is spelled. 

55 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

Watch them skip Groom Marth just to spite him.. again.

I would love to see a fujo banner, because they've been pandering to me more than my orbs can take and I need a break. (or rather, Hinoka just bodied my orb stash all by herself this time) Spreading the fanservice around lets everyone take turns spending and saving orbs. Trying to catch bride Charlotte on the rerun between (likely) more brides and the next legendary banner is going to be hell.

I hate how believable that actually is.

With that out of the way, what you said is more or less why I'm glad I don't get the characters I want. As much I want the rest of the Lyndis Legion, Awakening, Charlotte, Reina, & Rinkah this motivates me a lot to save my orbs. Which is why is so irritating that I couldn't whale for F!Morgan & F!Kana with the lack of orbs I currently have.

34 minutes ago, Kozac said:

My bad, Hawk King, ty for the correction, you're right, I make errors because my native language is french, also, I write my message on my phone and there's an automatical correction which is, first, stupid even if I write in french, second, hard to write in english (ex:when I want to write "a" it's always corrected in "à" and this is idiot because in french "a" is very common when you speak in past) and I want to rush my message because of this make me impatient. (that's why my messages can look like trashes) 

It's all good. Don't worry about it.

33 minutes ago, Nanima said:

As a German-speaker, I can tell you that English was very simple to learn, compared to French which I gave up after a year. Though that might come down to the language having a similar origin to German. I actually don't think English has that many exceptions, at least compared to German. If it wasn't my mother-tongue, you couldn't pay me to learn it.

44 minutes ago, Vince777 said:

There are things that can make English difficult but I wouldn't call it an especially difficult language to learn. I find it relatively simple and it is by far the easiest of all languages to immerse into. It is "super hard" compared to what?

I have always heard that the weird exceptions and inconsistencies make it difficult for people learning it. I can't think of all of them of the top of my head but there are some confusing pronunciations of words that look like they should rhyme but don't and vice versa. ie - bear, pear, swear - fear, near, gear - beer, pier, tier, tear  - tear, hare, bare - lair, fair, pair.

Then there is the fact that the past tense of wind is wound. Despite both words being completely different when used as nouns.

28 minutes ago, Vince777 said:

I'd be tempted to remind Hawk King how "sentence" is spelled. 

Thank you.

Edited by Hawk King

1 minute ago, Baldrick said:

so "a interesting weapon" is correct then?

lol, no. I realized that shortly after I said it.

God damn I'm tired. Good night everyone.

9 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

It's all good. Don't worry about it.

I have always heard that the weird exceptions and in consistencies make it difficult for people learning it. I can't think of all of them of the top of my head but there are some confusing pronunciations of words that look like they should rhyme but don't and vice versa. ie - bear, pear, swear - fear, near, gear - beer, pier, tier, tear  - tear, hare, bare - lair, fair, pair.

Then there is the fact that the past tense of wind is wound. Despite both words being completely different when used as nouns.

All languages have these kinds of things happening, English just has that reputation because if just how big the vocabulary is, but I didn't find it especially complicated personally.

Simplicity in English is found in stuff like no gendered nouns and only having "the" to worry about as opposed to "der" "die" "das" in German.

Again, as someone who has actually learned the language, I can say that(and a few others besides) English was quite easy to grasp. Now people who come from a country with a completely different language might have a harder time, but that can be said of any language.

Anyway, we are really getting off topic here. Personally I hope the next bride banner features two brides and two grooms for equality. Have one of them be Marth, please.

Edited by Nanima

14 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Watch it be Dorcas again.

Or they could remove him from the picture by slipping some poi-*shot*

Nah, it won't be him. It'll be F!Kana instead. Though as someone who still doesn't own Zelgius, I'd obviously like to see him on that banner as well as F!Morgan.

7 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

I wish i had Bravecina

but congrats!

She broke me back in October when I was futilely trying for Deirdre. She is great, and Aether is amazing. Thank you!

I still have Ch 9&10, P11&12, Ch 5&6 B2, and all three chains under Ch 7&8 B2 label for 20 orbs overall. I need every orb I can lay my hands on. Every single orb, and even more.
EDIT: oh, and the 10th squad assault too. Forgot about that thing. Two more orbs.

Edited by Vaximillian

@Hawk King I agree that English seems to have more exceptions than rules, but it's not difficult to reach a certain level of imperfection to communicate with half of the world population. I wouldn't mind friendly corrections to some errors, but starting to correct every typo would be an exaggeration (and you wouldn't stop at non-natives). Learning Italian was easier for me, but try to talk to people with local dialects ... lol.

@Vaximillian Good luck for the remaining CCs and SA. 

If those "Special maps: Four Heroes" would happen to be similar to the recent "reward maps", then I wouldn't consider them new maps. That means 10-12 new maps (1 LHB, 1 GHB, 1 BHB, 1 TT+ final map, 3 special heroes paralogue maps, 3-5 new heroes maps) in more than a month. Doesn't seem much. 

6 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Good luck for the remaining CCs and SA. 

I am going to need it oh so much, thank you.

1 minute ago, Tybrosion said:

Yeah, I hated that one too. I know I was elated when I was finally able to solve it. Though yeah, great job!

Inflated stats are bullshit. Time limits are bullshit. Defend objectives are bullshit. Combine the three, and you get the ultimate bullshit. Thank you.

Even in my desperation to break my legendary pity rate, I knew enough to skip the pain of CCs 9-10 and 11-12. Those, plus 7-8 in Book 2 are all I have left.

3 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Funny how also the GHB maps at zero stamina cost give full SP now. Who needs the training maps, when there are Navarre and Lloyd?

They will never replicate the success of Camilla’s map. It was THE training map for every occasion.

Meanwhile, I just beat Ch 9&10, and it only took me two teams instead of three. Dark times call for desperate measures.

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

They will never replicate the success of Camilla’s map. It was THE training map for every occasion.

The music was better, there where more opponents (= more SP), but what beats zero stamina? 

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Meanwhile, I just beat Ch 9&10, and it only took me two teams instead of three. Dark times call for desperate measures.

I actually wish I still had any CC (or other map) open, I think I'll return to read books.