Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

37 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

What level do you usually play?

During the last GC, I was pretty lazy and didn't play all that often, but I used all of my bonus lances and ended up just shy of the final tier. This time around, I've played more (just on Lunatic) and gotten perfect scores almost every time. I'm sitting at tier 21, a little over halfway to tier 22 with maybe 10 lances left to use. I feel like I'm going to end up just shy of the final tier again. >.< 

Infernal. It gives more points than lunatic. Also, when I autobattle, I stop at the moment where I have a better chance of winning manually

I also make sure to use up the spears I got from sleeping and before going to bed

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

41 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Wow, the Tempest Trials banner has absolute garbage color balance.

3 red and 1 blue focus unit? Just give us the Falchion banner again, Marth is already here.

The one time i wanted reds for fodder and i had 4 blues and 1 green. Gacha is funny sometimes.

Wow! Kirokan and shadowofchaos pointed out something pretty... Let's just say naughty. I'm borrowing what they said so credits goes to them. You'll only see this when you summon bridal Tharja in the Japanese version as the overseas audience is too "immature". She asks three things when summoned. "I’m Tharja… a pure bride at the moment… So, honey…would you like dinner? Would you like a bath? Or…" This is basically the "Would you like dinner? Would you like a bath? Or would you like me?" trio of questions asked by wives in pop/otaku culture and is meant to be answered by husbands. So? What's the big deal? Read the spoilers if you're old enough

Spoiler

The last question "Or would you like me?" is an invitation from the wife to go to bed and have sex. Basically, Tharja is inviting you to bed to take her virginity as she said she's a pure bride.

Of course IS didn't have her say the whole thing, but it's pretty clear that's what she's meant to say and IS knows it themselves

Edited by silveraura25

Somehow that Tempest Trial banner surprises me more than the Ares demotion, I was really expecting them to make last year's bridal units the other bonus units. Not that I'm complaining, with regular Ninian I can just throw dragons on auto at the TT. Or I could use the opportunity to build Marth but naaaah.

15 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

Do you guys have that one character who's supposed to be rare who just shows up for you really easily?

PoR!Ike, gen1!Ephraim, CYL!Lyn, regular Celica and performing Azura are the 5* exclusives I've got the most copies of, thought I also pulled more 5* Mathildas than I care to remember when that was possible. I've got Ike the most out of them so he's the one I suppose. Mathilda and Ephraim copies came as random pity breakers, while the other three were concentrated on legendary banners and their introductory banners.That said that just means I've got three dupes of him to 2 of the others. Aside from Lyn and Celica, all the copies were merged to each other for... reasons.

It's weird how well I remembered these circumstances after just looking at my characters' merge levels.

Edited by Sylphid

7 hours ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

The biggest problem with this mode is that the only "good" time to even bother using your lances is during the last round or maybe the second to last match if you want to help out your team. But like...unless it's the weekend, it's kind of hard to play during the middle of the day for me. I'm definitely going to go ahead and use all my lances way before the round is set to end to end. I'm going to be pretty bummed if I end up shy of the final rewards again... 

I really hate it when people say this. If your team is backed up to their base with only 1 area, It doesn't matter what your team does, you will finish with terrible results. Holding key chokepoints or just areas with a large number of paths branching out from them is always beneficial no matter what round you're in.

The "good" time to use lances is in the last 30 mins of each round so that you can take advantage of the troops bonus multipliers, and you can view the map to see where you can be the difference in holding or losing an area.

11 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

Linde still refuse to come anywhere near me as well.

I'm a mid-tier whale at this point, and Linde is the only OG character that I still haven't gotten. Despite a plethora of off-focus blue pity breakers. Almost like a middle finger from the game, I have had amazing luck getting ever other blue mage. The last time Linde was on a banner, I got 2 Nowi pity breakers while going for her. While summoning for Ishtar the other night, I was thinking to myself, "a pity breaker Linde would also be cool right now" then bam, fucking Delthea waving her Dark Aura in my face as if to say "hey, you know who else can get a dark aura??"

15 hours ago, Charmeleonbrah said:

I'd really like them to redo Marisa.  Her first iteration is pretty mediocre, and I don't care for her art.  I would like Cuboon to be the new artist; take a look this art where he drew Marisa.

I really like Marisa's art, but Cuboon's is equally as good. I only wish she would have had a Shamshir. I guess there is always the possibility of a weapon refinement for her.

Side note, I finally pulled a +Atk Reinhardt, but I don't even care to +10 him anymore. I'm not even in a hurry to promote him to change the base of my current +1.

Well. . . Huh. Whatever they did GC balance wise let me hit Tier 25 this time. The only time I have gotten there. I was always missing 1 or two orbs before. Certainly helps that I can now semi-reliably clear Infernal with a bonus map. That said my efforts aren't really good team wise since I basically only play a couple of the 22 rounds each time. 

With all lances and one played recharge per day I just barely, and I mean barely, hit T25 with probably 90% or so of my runs being infernal.

7 hours ago, silveraura25 said:

Wow! Kirokan and shadowofchaos pointed out something pretty... Let's just say naughty. I'm borrowing what they said so credits goes to them. You'll only see this when you summon bridal Tharja in the Japanese version as the overseas audience is too "immature". She asks three things when summoned. "I’m Tharja… a pure bride at the moment… So, honey…would you like dinner? Would you like a bath? Or…" This is basically the "Would you like dinner? Would you like a bath? Or would you like me?" trio of questions asked by wives in pop/otaku culture and is meant to be answered by husbands. So? What's the big deal? Read the spoilers if you're old enough

This begs the question- "Is this degenerating/distracting from her good character?".

13 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

This begs the question- "Is this degenerating/distracting from her good character?".

As a massive Tharja fan, in find the JP summoning quote to be a bit too much pandering toward a certain audience. It goes "they I'm a virgin, let's have some fun". I prefer some subtlety to things like this. 

22 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Pretty sure whatever character Tharja had in Awakening has been gutted for the sake of fan service in Heroes in particular.

At least they didn't turn one of the series' most well written characters into a bland tsundere though...oh wait.

7 minutes ago, Thane said:

Pretty sure whatever character Tharja had in Awakening has been gutted for the sake of fan service in Heroes in particular.

At least they didn't turn one of the series' most well written characters into a bland tsundere though...oh wait.

I agree that Tharja has been altered in Heroes. From a moody dark mage motivated by her self interests, to flaunting her body and showing interest outside of Robin. Who are you talking about?

2 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

I agree that Tharja has been altered in Heroes. From a moody dark mage motivated by her self interests, to flaunting her body and showing interest outside of Robin.

"B-But, I'm Kiran, so when she wants to bone me right after meeting me, Tharja actually wants to have the sex with ME!"

3 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Who are you talking about?

Sanaki. Even if you completely ignore the recent controversy, I'd argue Sanaki is one of the worst written characters in Heroes. Sure, she had some hints of a childish side in Tellius, and some of her authority made it to Heroes, but it's still so...bizarre. Even her Radiant Dawn self in Heroes, which is very humble in the original game, has her throwing around her title. What the hell.

10 minutes ago, Thane said:

"B-But, I'm Kiran, so when she wants to bone me right after meeting me, Tharja actually wants to have the sex with ME!"

I blame mobile games pandering to the player. Similar to Fate Grand Order were majority of the servants are mostly people from history and mythology. Even though quite a few of then are in marriages or relationships with other people. They will still ask the player if they want to bang. While still being in a relationships in the game, it's strange.

11 minutes ago, Thane said:

Sanaki. Even if you completely ignore the recent controversy, I'd argue Sanaki is one of the worst written characters in Heroes. Sure, she had some hints of a childish side in Tellius, and some of her authority made it to Heroes, but it's still so...bizarre. Even her Radiant Dawn self in Heroes, which is very humble in the original game, has her throwing around her title. What the hell.

The way I see it majority of her personality in Heroes comes from her PoR self. Where despise being the Apostle, she's still a kid.

1 hour ago, Jingle Jangle said:

The way I see it majority of her personality in Heroes comes from her PoR self. Where despise being the Apostle, she's still a kid.

That is at the core of Sanaki's character. On the one hand, she is the Empress of Begnion, on the other, she is only 10/13. In both games, she alternatively childish and mature, and at times the two are woven together.

Take her introduction in PoR, her very first impression ever made, for instance:

Spoiler

Ike
What!? What is a child doing hiding on our ship!?

Soren
She must be some aristocrat's daughter. Probably slipped on from the Begnion ship...It was a hectic battle. She must have been frightened and hid herself here in the confusion. Are you going to help her?

Ike
Well, we can't just leave her.

Ike
Hey, are you all right?

Sanaki
I-I'm...fine...

Ike
Hey, don't be scared!

Sanaki
Uh...Wh-who might you be? You don't look like a laguz. Perhaps a new recruit?

Ike
No. I'm a mercenary. I was hired by Princess Elincia.

Sanaki
The Crimean princess? Ouch!

Ike
What's wrong? Oh, you hurt your foot. Let me see.

Sanaki
Hold! Do not approach me! Hey, I told you not to--Oooouch! You're hurting me! You fool!!

Ike
Looks like the bone's not broken. Still, we'd better have Mist take a look at it just in case.

Sanaki
Oh? What? What are you doing!?

Ike
Just hush up and hold on to me. There's my sister. She can heal that foot of yours right up.

Sanaki
Are you trying to help me? Shouldn't you be elsewhere?

Ike
I'm supposed to be looking for some sort of apostle person. But I think there are enough other people looking, and I'd rather help the injured first.

Sanaki
Ha...I see. This is indeed...

Ike
Hm? What is it?

Sanaki
Oh, nothing. If that's the case, I accept your help.

Mist
Ike! Any luck finding the apostle?

Ike
Nope. All I found was a little lost child.

Titania
Hey, she's quite a cutie.

Ike
Mist, do you think you could use your staff to heal this kid?

Mist
Yeah. Is she hurt?

Ike
Just her foot...But maybe she bumped her head, too. She's been mumbling complete gibberish since I picked her up.

Sanaki
I kept silent, blaming these antics on your ignorance, but I can no longer tolerate your manners!

Ike
Huh? What's wrong? It's your foot, isn't it?

Sanaki
Prepare yourselves, peasants!

Ike
Prepare? For what?

Sanaki
You stand in the presence of Sanaki, empress of Begnion! I am the apostle, the voice of the goddess!

Ike
Empress? What did she say?

Titania
What? Then she is...

Mist
Oh, no... Is she really...?

Ike
No, she can't be.

Soren
No way

Titania
Hold your judgment...Even if she's lying, there must be a reason...

Sanaki
Y-you...ignorant...!

Unknown
Are you all right, Empress!?

Sigrun
My apologies! We were unable to reach you, and we left you in terrible peril. I accept full responsibility.

Sanaki
You're late, Sigrun! What would you have done had something happened to me?

Sigrun
Please, Empress, I beg your forgiveness.

Sanaki
That won't be necessary. I am also partly to blame for what happened.

Sanaki
Let's focus instead on our rescuers. As a reward for rescuing me, I would like to invite them to visit our court. And be sure that the one they serve, that girl who claims to be the princess of Crimea, is invited as well.

Sanaki starts formal, when she sees Ike and co. are looking for the Apostle, with a hint of childish distaste. When Ike tells her what he is doing, she catches on and decides to the opportunity to showcase herself and astound them, which sounds like a childish attention grab. Then chastisement of Sigrun is a bit immature, if a fair criticism, but her last two lines are formal and suited for her position.

Moving on a little more, Sanaki's two aspects, the child and the Empress/Apostle, are not always so clear cut.

The next chapter begins with Sanaki pretending to doubt that Elincia is Princess of Crimea, which causes Ike's infamous outburst that could have gotten him killed were it not for Sanaki's mercy. This "diversion" as she herself calls it, certainly comes off as being a childish game. However, Dukes Gaddos, Asmin and Tanas- Lekain, Hetzel and Oliver (pre-RD memeification), all although unaware Sanaki was playing a game, say they enjoyed it, and though it could be they are just kissing up to her, I could easily see thanks to RD them playing such mean political games themselves. Therefore, as the Empress is a political figure and cruel political games could possibly be part of Begnion's political culture, then it would stand she was, in additional to being a child here, also doing what would be permissible for an Empress and the political elite as a whole.

When Sanaki chooses to spare Ike from severe punishment/death, she defies what Lekain would have wanted. This is not the act of a child however, her stern warning to Ike and explanation why Elincia must bear such political games is wholly serious and rooted in her being the Empress. She does take personal issue with Ike's outburst, and she will not let Ike slander her office, but she is not wholly arrogant. Her last words to Ike in this conversation are suggesting he may want to try the games of "wit and words" himself, childish mockery maybe?

Skipping to Chapter 16, she calls Ike "as untutored as a wild monkey", but largely keeps calm, kind and serious. When Ike goes to meet with Sanaki after the battle, she is furious at him dropping in unannounced, but is suddenly muted when he speaks of the Serenes Massacre, she is no child when it comes to this genocidal event all of Begnion feels collective guilt for. And she lets Nasir's biting accusations that the people of Begnion knew full well the Herons were pacifists but slaughtered them anyhow, be made without the slightest hint of anger coming from her.

Then comes Sanaki's bowing before Reyson and Leanne and deeply apologizing for the Serenes Massacre. Sigrun says this is below her status as the Apostle-Empress, so was this motivated purely by the innocent kindness of the child? However as Empress, Sanaki as she says is the representative of her people, and is using her position to show the Herons all of Begnion is sorry for what they did. I'd say both the child and the Empress is present here.

...I think this is enough character analysis.

My feeling on the latest controversies in the fanbase is this: Fire Emblem is downstream from anime.  Over the past twenty years, there has been a shift from story-oriented anime to cute, lewd, 'fanservice' oriented anime.  Not only plot-wise, but character design in particular.  The emphasis on sex appeal has gone way up.  So of course FE is going to have these elements in it.  I don't even think Fire Emblem has a lot of that kind of stuff; it's pretty tame to what you can find in just a run-of-the-mill SoL anime, or on aniTwitter (not that I follow any of them, of course).

Also, at this point there's not a lot to do in this game for long-time players.  All that's left is to collect the newly released characters, so IS puts increased emphasis on sexy/loli characters to keep interest alive.  I'm honestly not even that excited for new units, except if they're characters I really like that have amazing stats/abilities (Myrrh, WT Reinhardt and Spring Kagero come to mind).

13 hours ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

I'm +7 on Marth and he STILL don't have Speed Boon

ONE DAY

I have 12 copies of original Ike and none of them have an Atk boon.

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

As best as I can tell, Heroes Tharja is just really, really genre savvy.

Personally, I’m among those who believe the summoner is as good at or better at mind control than Veronica. Zephiel, Grima, Julius, e.g. completely losing their ambitions to just loiter about; and the sacrifice your life to be skill fodder ascpect of skill inheritance are evidence.

4 minutes ago, Lemmy said:

Personally, I’m among those who believe the summoner is as good at or better at mind control than Veronica. Zephiel, Grima, Julius, e.g. completely losing their ambitions to just loiter about; and the sacrifice your life to be skill fodder ascpect of skill inheritance are evidence.

I'm pretty sure Skill Inheritance is (in in-game lore, at least) just sending the character home, but taking some skills instead of some feathers as they leave.

With the exception of Grima, they're all relatively powerless in this world without their country and army. And Grima is potentially surrounded by a lot of Falchions. (And my 3 copies of Julius are currently surrounded by 18 copies of Julia and 1 disapproving mom.)

39 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

My only ever Ike#1 was sacrificed to my Cherche few minutes after I pulled him (even if I found out he was +ATK). 

At one time I might have whaled for Ike, thankfully they powercrept him before I tried. Now, I’ll just whale enough to get 1 good or at least neutral version of characters I like.

16 hours ago, silverserpent said:

Building impenetrable walls? This could mean serious issues in your social life. You should probably speak to Wrys about life counseling.

I do have Arvis, New Year's Camilla, Gerome, Julius, winter Lissa, Lukas, Lyon, Michalis, Saias, Titania, regular and summer Xander, and Zephiel among others all being walls of some sort... But I like impenetrable walls! They make me feel safe. :p

3 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Meanwhile I've only pulled 3 Ikes (2 of them off banner) and the second one was +ATK/-HP. This game sometimes.

@Rafiel's Aria Funnily enough I've used all of my Lances and am a little less than a quarter away from the last tier. I'll have to probably get a perfect infernal clear an hour or so because GC is over in order to get that last orb. They should probably drop the difficulty to get to the last tier just a bit, as most of my runs had 7k to perfect scores. Not to mention they cap your score for the first few runs now until you unlock the higher difficulties.